View Poll Results: Would you be interested in purchasing the following
Yes, I will order a set of Aluminum Door sills
57.58%
I may buy a set after their available.
36.67%
Not Interested.
5.76%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

aluminum sills/trim groupbuy (ends July 11)...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 12:35 PM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome looking man, can't wait for my sets to come in
Old 06-25-2002, 01:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im so sorry to ask this, but i dont want to read through everything
where do i order these sills? i cannot find it on ap-signworks' website...
thanx
Old 06-25-2002, 01:45 PM
Blood Type: S

It was only a couple of pages back, but...

call (678)468-9041 -- Jeff at AP-Signworks

or

email at sales@ap-signworks.com
Old 06-25-2002, 03:58 PM
Banned

Let me announce this AGAIN. FOR EVERYONE GETTING THEIR SILLS MAKE SURE TO CLEAN THOROUGHLY!!! An email from the manufacturer...

"And that guy who said it didn't stick, I'm pretty sure he used Armor All. I asked him about that, and he hasn't responded to that email yet. If the tape hasn't been damaged, then the only reason it won't stick to a surface is if there is Armor All residue or similar silicone based stuff on the plastic. That stuff basically destroys the chemicals in the adhesive and renders it useless. 3M even specifically states that if any silicone/armor all residue is found on the tape, they won't take responsibility for it. There's no other reason the tape won't stick. It all comes from the same roll, so if there was a problem with the tape, I'd have dozens of complaints by now. So I'm positive it's interior treatment residue on the plastic."

I believe this is the case as well. For those that have said it "doesn't stick" on one sill or whatnot...I believe the explanation is that you didn't clean thoroughly enough. You MUST clean ALL the residue off of the places where the material will be stuck to. Warm water and a soapy rag followed by rubbing alcohol with a lot of pressure is the best way I can suggest. Silicon degreasers will work as well. There must be NO residue left whatsoever before you stick these on. Adhesive is not so high tech or ornery that it'll work sometimes and not others. I suspect that the reason is lack of good cleaning. So make sure to clean thoroughly...if your sills don't stick and you send them back and the manufacturer checks and sees that it's because of a conditioner you used (and it is easy to see and he will find out) then you WILL be charged to fix the sills. This is my third post on this...so please make this easier for me, you, and the manufacturer and spend that extra time cleaning.

Nitin:
He's shipping them out as fast as he can. The first batch got to everyone Mon-Tues....you're probably in the second batch...

NOLACLS:
Nope...this is the only color available...sorry.

lilboykorea:
And I don't want to have to type the same thing 50 times either .

EEPOWER:
Thanks

Austin519
Old 06-25-2002, 05:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

thank you
and sorry bout that im being real lazy
Old 06-25-2002, 06:34 PM
Banned

lilboykorea:

Austin519
Old 06-26-2002, 12:59 PM
Instructor

i got my sills on Monday....but haven't had time to put it on yet

It looks great

Thanks for the hard work Austin519

Old 06-26-2002, 01:13 PM
Banned

popxyz:
Hey man of course. I'm just glad you like them . Remember to use soap and water followed by rubbing alcohol to clean! Especially if you use a conditioner in your car!

Austin519
Old 06-26-2002, 01:26 PM
Acura TL-S

no sills for me...

ordered them almost a month ago... two weeks ago Jeff said they were shipping... no sills and no reply from Jeff on status... i'm just about ready to cancel the order
Old 06-26-2002, 01:27 PM
blah blah blah

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
damn, those sills looks HOT!!?!?!?! I hope the first Gen sills look just as hot as those.... ...can't wait till they start shippin our first gens
Old 06-26-2002, 01:40 PM
Banned

ZodiakTL:
Who did you order them from? Because we didn't start taking orders till a few weeks ago. Were you in Tim's group?

As for shipping or not...they just started shipping last week...the first batch finished shipping Thursday. I just got mine today. If you have a paid order and still haven't gotten then by Friday, call Jeff at 678 468 9041 or email him at sales@ap-signworks.com and I'm sure he can find out what happened to your order, and to make sure you don't get drowned in the huge mass of calls/emails he's getting, PM me your info and I will tell him personally to get in touch with you. That is unless you don't want them...but I figure you'd rather have them than not.

99CL:
Soon, soooon....

Austin519
Old 06-26-2002, 01:46 PM
Banned

Me still waiting too!

Originally posted by Austin519
ZodiakTL:
Who did you order them from? Because we didn't start taking orders till a few weeks ago. Were you in Tim's group?

As for shipping or not...they just started shipping last week...the first batch finished shipping Thursday. I just got mine today. If you have a paid order and still haven't gotten then by Friday, call Jeff at 678 468 9041 or email him at sales@ap-signworks.com and I'm sure he can find out what happened to your order, and to make sure you don't get drowned in the huge mass of calls/emails he's getting, PM me your info and I will tell him personally to get in touch with you. That is unless you don't want them...but I figure you'd rather have them than not.

99CL:
Soon, soooon....

Austin519
Old 06-26-2002, 02:07 PM
Banned

SilverBullet:
Then I would ask you to please wait until Friday as well. There are still a LOT of packages in the mail. If you haven't gotten it by Friday, and you have a paid order that you put in, then definitely PLEASE PM me your contact info...name, address, email, phone...and I will get in contact with the manufacturer and tell him to explicitly contact you.

Austin519
Old 06-26-2002, 02:51 PM
Blood Type: S

If we paid for both the trim and the sills, will we be receiving two separate shipments? Especially since I think you said I have to wait until at least five orders for the trim are in to get that shipped out!! Is that still happening? Can I not get the trim NOW too? Or at least everything that can be done (excluding the console pieces until there is a final decision). Jeff had said that he would ship everything out for the trim kit that he had comlpeted asap excluding console and door pieces (three weeks ago). So is he sending them. If I get my pieces and starting telling everyone how nice it is, perhaps more orders will start coming in. Am I still the lone order for the trim? Let me know how this is working Austin. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2002, 05:44 PM
Acura TL-S

ZodiakTL:

99CL:
Soon, soooon....

Austin519
i ordered them directly from Jeff, over the phone. guess i'll wait till friday... i would MUCH rather have them then not... and i'm sure he is swamped with emails, but he could still reply with 3 days... i dont think thats asking too much... oh well... i'll just keep my fingers crossed
Old 06-26-2002, 08:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Austin,

so finally i called jeff to order. guess what? he's not answering his phone!!! What kind of hours does he work?? i called a few times around lunch and a few more times at around 6. since i don't have paypal, i rather talk to him over the phone and give him my cerdit card # to make sure he place the order then just email him w/ it and who knows if he got it or not. he's email respond time isn't all that great either.

Anyway, I know this has nothing to do w/ you but I just want to let you know that I'm attempting to place the order. I'll try again tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2002, 12:47 AM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Chinisimo
Austin,

so finally i called jeff to order. guess what? he's not answering his phone!!! What kind of hours does he work?? i called a few times around lunch and a few more times at around 6. since i don't have paypal, i rather talk to him over the phone and give him my cerdit card # to make sure he place the order then just email him w/ it and who knows if he got it or not. he's email respond time isn't all that great either.

Anyway, I know this has nothing to do w/ you but I just want to let you know that I'm attempting to place the order. I'll try again tomorrow.
I had the same problem!!! I want to order them before the price goes up!!!! I do have pay pal though. What's the info for paying by Pay Pal???? I will keep calling him as well. Let me know Austin!!! THANKS!!!
Old 06-27-2002, 09:43 AM
Banned

EEPOWER:
Yes you will be receiving two separate shipments. We're double checking the fitment of the trim (though it is done) and the manufacturer is trying to meet up with an Atlanta TLer and CLer to do that. What he didn't tell me until recently is that he has a huge show he's been preparing for...so he's really busy and hasn't been answering his phone as much as I would want him to. I will make it known when I talk to him today that no matter how busy he is he still has to take care of this . We do need at least 5 orders, but I do hope that once we double check that fitment and I post pictures of the final few pieces on my car we will reach that point. I don't know what Jeff told you about shipping pieces...but I've made the call that we wait until it's all done. I didn't want something to happen like we ship out all but say, 6 pieces, then find out those 6 pieces can't be made...so then the guy who bought the whole kit wants all his money back but has installed most of the kit. I figured this would be bad for everyone so made that call a while ago. Per what I've been saying for weeks now, we're not shipping the trim until we double check the fitment...it's just not something I want messed up. I'd rather make you guys wait a few more days and it fit perfectly than ship it out piecemeal or it not fit very well. I hope you will understand. And his delaying on the basis of his show is a little upsetting but I will lay down the law today.

As for your idea about getting your pieces and telling everyone how nice it is...and that spurring more orders...unfortunately I don't think that'll do anything. I already have the kit sans the door pieces, gauge piece, and audio controls and I took a LOT of pictures of it and it DOES look great. And I told everyone that...but no one ordered it even so. I don't think you're the lone order, no, but I don't know if we have 5 yet.

ZodiakTL:
You know what? I totally agree. PM me your info (name, address, email) and I will talk with him about this today and take care of it.

Chinisimo:
<sigh> Yeah I know. He's just busy preparing for a show and isn't answering his phone...I'll yell at him about this today.

AztecRol:
You can Paypal him at ap_signworks@hotmail.com. Specify in the Paypal order what sills (CL, CLS, TL, TLS) you are looking for. Or you can wait till I'm done yelling at him and order by phone . You still have two weeks before the deadline's over .

Austin519
Old 06-27-2002, 06:18 PM
Banned

Going on to Friday now, still no sills, and I was one of the first to order damn it!
Old 06-27-2002, 08:10 PM
Stealthy A-CL Member

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Whoo hoo! My Sills came in. Ordered 'em on 5/31, arrived this afternoon. They look awesome! Kudos to Austin519 & Jeff/AP-Signworks.

It's raining like crazy right now, I'll probably install them this weekend.
Old 06-27-2002, 08:52 PM
Pro

Austin519
OK, those shots got me hooked.

Verify the price & payment options.

Thanks
Old 06-27-2002, 09:11 PM
Banned

SilverBullet:
PM me your info and I will give it to him ASAP. He must have lost a few early orders because ZodiakTL has the same complaint.

IntegraVT:

cnatra:
The prices (again) are...
$65 for TL/TLS sills
$55 for CL/CLS sills
$45 for blank TL/TLS sills
$40 for blank CL/CLS sills
$225 for TL/TLS/CL/CLS trim
These prices include shipping.

Payments can be made via credit card over the phone, credit card or paypal over email, check or money order (must clear).

Austin519
Old 06-29-2002, 05:32 PM
Got BOOST????

Austin, i tried leaving a message and sent him an email but he hasen't returned my calls or my email. I'll keep on trying to call and place an order.
Old 06-29-2002, 09:11 PM
Banned

bnavarro:
When did you last try? When did you start trying? He's getting 10+ orders a day and a lot more just general questions and emails...so it may take him a day or two to respond to you.

Austin519
Old 06-29-2002, 11:00 PM
Suzuka Master

austin,

before, this guy was bitching about not getting orders. now he's not answering the phone, not returning calls or emails...

i know he's in a show but shit man. i called the shop and placed the order w/ this guy Justin. he said Jeff will email me back to confirm but till this day i still haven't gotten any mail from him. that was probably like thurs or friday. i don't even know if he has the stuff in stock or if he even gotten the order. i'll only be in the states on the 4th of july weekend. i really want to have my stuff by then. maybe you can find out what's up w/ my order and when i should be expecting them. i ordered the sills btw.

maybe you can get in touch w/ him and let me know please? and what's the status on the 1st gen trims?? i know i've been asking for them so many times but i still don't know what's going on w/ them
Old 07-01-2002, 02:54 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Any 6-speeders install or order these yet? I'm wondering how well it matches the 'titanium' trim. Those pics Seattle-CLS posted have got me VERY interested, and I'm ready to order. Just don't want any sudden surprises with it not matching the stock trim.
Old 07-01-2002, 05:30 PM
Pro

DAMN!!!!!!!!! At first I had absolutely zero interest in the sills. I think they look awesome. I also have the silver. Called today and he must be closed. I will try again tomorrow. How much are they including shipping?

Austin - Great job. Please do not give up on that nasty bowling ball trim. I would love to cover it with the same material.

Thanks,
Justin

EDIT - Jeff just called me back. I placed me order over the phone. Real nice guy. He said that I should have them in about a week. $55 shipped is awesome
Old 07-01-2002, 06:25 PM
Banned

Originally posted by juice
DAMN!!!!!!!!! At first I had absolutely zero interest in the sills. I think they look awesome. I also have the silver. Called today and he must be closed. I will try again tomorrow. How much are they including shipping?

Austin - Great job. Please do not give up on that nasty bowling ball trim. I would love to cover it with the same material.

Thanks,
Justin

EDIT - Jeff just called me back. I placed me order over the phone. Real nice guy. He said that I should have them in about a week. $55 shipped is awesome
I wish he called me, he hasn't, and I am getting pissed.
Old 07-01-2002, 06:30 PM
Pro

Originally posted by SilverBullet

I wish he called me, he hasn't, and I am getting pissed.
I will be a little impatient now, too. Always wait a few more days until you get too pissed. Jeff is a real nice guy.

Judging from the pics, these are worth waiting for.
Old 07-01-2002, 06:37 PM
Suzuka Master

I recieved mine and installed them. most of the nova/md owners got to see it last saturday.
Old 07-01-2002, 06:56 PM
Pro

Has anyone not been satisfed yet? I spoke with Jeff about the sticking issue. He said to be sure to clean the surface with rubbing alcohol first, especially if you have ever used armor all or any other cleaner/protector.
Old 07-01-2002, 07:15 PM
Banned

EricS:
Still no idea...once more get them I'm sure someone can compare.

I don't hear any real questions in here . Which is good. But if you guys have any let me know. Aside from staying on his butt about the first gens and trim and the occasional guy who hasn't gotten his sills yet I'm coasting right now...thank god.

Austin519
Old 07-01-2002, 08:50 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
EricS:
Still no idea...once more get them I'm sure someone can compare.
I think i'm going to just go ahead and get 'em. I'm sure I can find someone easily to buy them in the unlikely event that I'm not satisfied
Old 07-01-2002, 09:49 PM
Banned

EricS:
I'm sure some will miss the deadline

Austin519
Old 07-02-2002, 12:51 AM
I love my CL-S

i want one set..but he is not replying my email..Austin can you help me out??
Old 07-02-2002, 02:08 AM
Blown LS6!!

Originally posted by EricS
Those pics Seattle-CLS posted have got me VERY interested, and I'm ready to order.
Hey, maybe I should get some kick-back for stimulating interest here? jk
Old 07-02-2002, 03:32 PM
Banned

WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS:
You try calling him? He'll respond to email...it just takes him a day or two. How long ago did you email him?

Seattle CL-S:
Oh I see how it is!

Austin519
Old 07-02-2002, 03:46 PM
nItIn

Originally posted by Seattle Cl-S

Hey, maybe I should get some kick-back for stimulating interest here? jk
oh yeah, very stimulating :P
Old 07-02-2002, 03:56 PM
Banned

Originally posted by nabster

oh yeah, very stimulating :P
Email sent yesterday, no response.

Austin, tell me what to do.
Old 07-02-2002, 04:23 PM
Banned

Update:

Talked to Jeff, and suprise to me, I actually knew this guy from my maxima club I have been part of for over 5 yrs. Anyways, he said what happened the address got written down wrong, and it was shipped to a wrong address. He resent it and I should have it by the end of the week. Woohoo! He is a good guy, I just needed to find out what was happening.

Bad luck happens to me! always!

Quick Reply: aluminum sills/trim groupbuy (ends July 11)...