View Poll Results: Would you be interested in purchasing the following
Yes, I will order a set of Aluminum Door sills
57.58%
I may buy a set after their available.
36.67%
Not Interested.
5.76%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

aluminum sills/trim groupbuy (ends July 11)...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2002, 09:52 PM
blah blah blah

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Austin, i know this probably have been posted already, but who do i need to contact to place my order? I'm gonna be payin with paypal.

Thanks,

and sorry if it's already been answered.
Old 06-16-2002, 10:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99CL:
Okay now man come on...ha. Check the post you just quoted above...contact Jeff, the manufacturer, at 678 468 9041, or email him at sales@ap-signworks.com. His paypal account is ap_signworks@hotmail.com.

Austin519
Old 06-16-2002, 10:39 PM
blah blah blah

austin...haha..i know, but that was just a paypal account .... didn't know who to contact...anywayz...thanks...i'll be emailing him and placing my order this week.
Old 06-16-2002, 10:59 PM
Banned

99CL:

Austin519
Old 06-17-2002, 02:31 PM
Banned

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!!! Jeff (the manufacturer) lost his cell phone, the one he gave to take orders on. If you would like to place an order by phone please call (770) 925-8740. Orders can still be placed by email at sales@ap-signworks.com, and Paypal payments sent to ap_signworks@hotmail.com. With that said...

WHY HAS ONLY ONE PERSON ORDERED THE TRIM? If we don't get the minimum number of trim orders we will NOT be getting trim...and the manufacturer will be pissed that we totally screwed him over and he had to absorb the cost. The trim is ready and done...but he's not going to start cutting sets until we have at least 5 people who have ordered the trim. That's 5 for CL's and 5 for TL's. So I want to see some orders guys...around 80 people said they were interested...PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS NOW AND ORDER. I know there's been a lot of talk about the sills and only the sills...but this is still HERE and it's what we've been working the hardest on. Don't flake out on me now.

Austin519
Old 06-17-2002, 10:55 PM
Suzuka Master

dude, i totally understand where you're coming from. i have a 1st gen and i know they supposed to be shipped in 2 weeks. but to this day, i still haven't see the pictures, don't know how many pieces and don't even know how they fit. i'll definitely order the trim set but i don't want to buy something i don't have any info on. who was the person voluteered their 1st gen for measurements? maybe he should give us 1st gener a update. I know you're working hard on the sill and trim sets. but what you're doing is mostly for the 2nd gen cl and tl. i'm here waiting for the info and update for a pretty long time now and still haven't seen anything. trust me, i'll order a set of the trim as soon as i see some pictures and have instructions on how to install. another thing is, i don't even see any 1st geners asking about the trim set. if not enough ppl order it, i'll be pissed. if this is the case, i'll settle for the sills. i'll be in miami on the 4th of july weekend, hopefully, they'll be ready.

please contact the 1st gen voluteer and see what he got. thanks again.
Old 06-18-2002, 06:27 PM
blah blah blah

Austin : Thanks for all the help. I just placed my order for my FIRST GEN door sills today. Can't wait to get them in a few weeks.

Chinisimo: I have a first gen, and i just placed my order on them. Even though we don't have pictures for our First gen. It can't be bad, because the CLS sills are nice. SO there's no way ours could come out ugly or somthing.
Old 06-18-2002, 06:31 PM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Austin, any idea if the CL Type S sills were mailed out today? I had e-mailed Jeff last week and he said they'd ship out today, Tuesday.
Old 06-18-2002, 11:44 PM
Banned

As always...announcement first...then personal replies.

I haven't spoken to Jeff in a day or two...and expect to speak with him tomorrow or Thursday. He expects to have all of the first shipment sent out by then (I'm sure you're all asking how long does it take to ship...but there's a lot involved...it's not just boom post office done) and I will let you all know the next time I speak with him.

I want to reemphasize one very important thing about the trim. We have NOT YET been able to find a way to cover the two console wood pieces on either side of the shifter with metal. As I explained earlier...they bend in two directions...it's bowed out and it curves upward. This will cause the metal to crease if you try to put it on. That's why no kits cover this piece. No kits even cover the doors but we've got that taken care of. We are still working on it...but as of now it is not covered. So don't buy the kit and get upset about that...and I can't promise we'll cover it. I am, however, no different than you guys. I want that piece covered. But my take on it is, well, this is a huge aluminum kit. It covers every single piece you'd ever want to cover in our cars aside from those two. There never has been nor will be a kit this complete, in fact even our manufacturer was surprised I was so persistent about so many pieces. So if you ever want real aluminum...not some cheap sticker that you know isn't real...then this is your only ticket. And I'm going to get it anyway. Hell, those two wood pieces may be a nice accent. But we are still trying. However, as the manufacturer points out...for anyone but our group he would have considered the kit "DONE" by now and would have sold it.

Also, people have told me that he's saying to people wanting to order the trim that he's not taking orders. I assume he's afraid about those two pieces...but he hasn't told me he's not taking orders. Next time I speak with him I will clear this confusion up...because I think I have addressed his worry.

On to personal replies...

Chinisimo:
I understand where you're coming from as well. But we're in a pickle. After seeing roughly 1/4 of the people who promised to order the sills order them...he doesn't trust promises online. And he's not going to put in the amount it takes to cut and digitize even 1 set...you'd be surprised how much that cost...he barely makes anything with 5 sells, he pretty much breaks even. So, although you don't want to order the trim kit you haven't seen fit on your car, he doesn't want to spend the effort doing the kit he doesn't know will sell. So I can't suggest what to do here. And yeah, all those first gen'ers disappeared and I no longer have their forum names or anything else...but I plan on hitting all that hard core after the second gens are done. So I guess we will see. Your comment though about settling for the sills worries me. You do know that the sills are NOT part of the trim kit yes? Because you make it sound like you'll just get that if you can't get the whole kit. I want to make sure you know that.

99CL:
Actually he was talking about the trim not the sills bro...but glad to hear you trust me on this one. Hell, we have pictures of the second gen trim. We'll cover just about every piece in the car. We're just having problems with those two center console pieces I listed above...and I forget if you guys have those in the first gens...

Nitin:
He's shipping out sills all this week as they come in from the shop...the whole first batch should be done Wed or Thurs (done as in on their way). I need to confirm this with him, but I'm pretty sure of it.

Austin519
Old 06-19-2002, 10:25 AM
Banned

Wanted to let you guys know...those that have emailed or left Jeff a voicemail...he has a HUGE queue and he will get back to you asap.

Also, he CAN be reached back at his original number! (678) 468 9041 to place orders!!!

Austin519
Old 06-20-2002, 06:56 PM
Banned

I'm going to see if I can't make this an announcement but...

THE ALUMINUM DOOR SILL GROUPBUY PRICES WILL END ON THURSDAY JULY 11! THIS MEANS THAT IF YOUR ORDER IS NOT RECEIVED BY 10PM EST ON JULY 11 THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY FULL RETAIL PRICE! NO EXCEPTIONS!

What is retail price? $100 for TL sills, $90 for CL sills, and $325 for trim kits. This is true only for the door sills, I expect to start the 3 week deadline for the trim next week. The first set of sills has been shipped out today as planned. So I suggest you guys hurry up and order these before prices go up, and to get ahead of the surge of buyers that will be ordering.

You may order by emailing Jeff, the manufacturer, at sales@ap-signworks.com, or calling him at (678) 468 9041. The prices for the TL sills are $65 engraved and $45 plain, and the CL sills are $55 engraved or $40 plain. The trim kits cost $225 each. These prices all include shipping! Any questions that are not related to ordering should be posted on this thread or PMed to me.

Austin519
Old 06-20-2002, 09:02 PM
Suzuka Master

You do know that the sills are NOT part of the trim kit yes? Because you make it sound like you'll just get that if you can't get the whole kit. I want to make sure you know that.
Austin, for some reason, i thought i read it in some old posts that the trim kit includes the sills. Or was that the original idea? Well anyhow, this will probably give more time for the 1st gen kit to be develop. I don't have a paypal account and don't really want to open one. I've just emailed Jeff to ask him what other methods he accepts. Can he just take credit card?

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll let you know as soon as i placed the order. C'mon now, you really think that we're going to make you look bad and completely waste your hard efforts? At least i'm not.

thanks again

Ivan
Old 06-20-2002, 11:31 PM
Banned

Chinisimo:
Nah Ivan I don't think that . In fact I appreciate the support I've gotten...I just worry. On to your questions...first the latter one...yes he does accept credit card, also check, money order, and just about anything else. The other question, no the trim kit never did include the door sills...it was never intended to. In fact I posted at least a few times specifically about how it would not because people have asked...at least in the early days. I tried to make that as clear as I could. Sorry about the mix up.

Austin519
Old 06-21-2002, 02:11 AM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Originally posted by Austin519
You may order by emailing Jeff, the manufacturer, at sales@ap-signworks.com, or calling him at (678) 468 9041. The prices for the TL sills are $65 engraved and $55 plain, and the CL sills are $45 engraved or $40 plain. The trim kits cost $225 each. These prices all include shipping! Any questions that are not related to ordering should be posted on this thread or PMed to me.

Austin519
Austin, according to your original post about these sills, the TL and CL lettered sets are $65 and $55 repsctively and non-lettered for the TL and CL $45 and $40 also respectively. Have you changed prices somewhere (Sorry, lazy to read) or is this a typo?

BTW.. i ordered 2 sets

Thanks dude!
Old 06-21-2002, 03:29 PM
blah blah blah

Austin:

I think i have a problem here. Was it $55 w/ engraved for the first generation CL? Cause that was the amount I sent the paypal too. Let me know, if it's for the non-engraved one, then i'm going to need to contract the seller again.

Thanks
Old 06-21-2002, 04:54 PM
Banned

Hellawhat and 99CL:
DAMN! Good catch guys I gotta go fix this ASAP.

Austin519
Old 06-21-2002, 05:24 PM
Banned

Let me reemphasize...the 3 week deadline for ordering that started YESTERDAY means you have to have an order placed by July 11. To have an order placed you MUST have paid...just calling and saying I want a set means nothing to him or to me. So we are talking about a PAID order...

Austin519
Old 06-22-2002, 01:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Austin still no sills for me and I paid over 3 weeks ago...
Old 06-22-2002, 10:27 PM
Banned

Those that are now getting your door sills and soon your trim...you MUST clean you trim and door sill areas with soap and water...especially if you used Armorall or really ANY conditioner. Silicon conditioners will destroy the adhesive. I have so far warned everyone via this thread 3 times...so there will be no refunds if you screw them up. The manufacturer has made that clear. So make sure to clean well guys!

NOVAwhiteTypeS:
Like I said man...relax relax. Sheesh. Patience! I still don't have mine other set either...they're in the mail. He shipped them out this week and finished Thursday just like we planned. So you'll see an enormous amount of "just got my sills" posts monday and tuesday...

Austin519
Old 06-22-2002, 11:34 PM
Banned

Wanted to post this pic of the CL-S sills...

Austin519
Old 06-23-2002, 01:45 AM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wanted to post this pic of the CL-S sills...

Austin519
Is this a pic of the engraved or the plain????
Sorry, I tried to keep up with this post, but it went back and forth too much!!!

And what is the final count for the number of pieces in the trim kit??

Thanks!!!!
Old 06-23-2002, 10:15 AM
Banned

AztecRol:
There is no engraved...there is silk screened, and there is plain. Plain means no lettering...and that is (obviously) silk screened. As for the number of pieces for the trim kit...hmm...I can't think offhand how many pieces that is...I'll let you know next time I talk to the manufacturer.

Austin519
Old 06-24-2002, 06:42 AM
Blood Type: S

Hey Austin,

So the trim kit thus far includes every piece including the door panels except for the two console pieces that curve up...correct? And the effort to try to find a way to include these pieces is still in the mix, right? So we will be receiving the trim kit with everything so far, and if the console pieces can be done, will we be getting another shipment to complete the kit? And when will the final decision be made on these two pieces? If it is decided not to continue the effort to try to include these pieces, what kind of ideas are there to try to hide or blend in those two fake wood pieces with the very nice aluminum trim???
Old 06-24-2002, 03:27 PM
Blown LS6!!

Got my sills today...and all I have to say is NICE JOB!!!!!! Thanks for all of your hard work.
Old 06-24-2002, 03:43 PM
nItIn

Originally posted by Seattle Cl-S
Got my sills today...and all I have to say is NICE JOB!!!!!! Thanks for all of your hard work.
congrats!! which ones did you order and when? pics!
Old 06-24-2002, 03:53 PM
Blown LS6!!

I bought the ACURA CL TYPE-S sills. I paid for them on 05/31 but, as we were informed, the first batch did not ship until last week. I'm going out to install them now and will post pics tonight.
Old 06-24-2002, 07:54 PM
But I just got here

I bought the ACURA CL TYPE-S sills. I paid for them on 05/31 but, as we were informed, the first batch did not ship until last week. I'm going out to install them now and will post pics tonight.

How were the sills shipped out to you? UPS, FedEx, USPS? I'm so much closer to GA than you and figured I would have also gotten mine today if yours already made it all the way up to Seattle. Oh well, hopefully tomorrow.
Old 06-24-2002, 08:08 PM
Blown LS6!!

They were shipped priority mail in a 3 foot long tube with little peanuts and some crumpled up newspaper. It also included a sticker...which I didn't install.
Old 06-24-2002, 08:18 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

They were shipped priority mail in a 3 foot long tube with little peanuts and some crumpled up newspaper. It also included a sticker...which I didn't install.

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
While the sun is still out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P
Old 06-24-2002, 08:27 PM
Blown LS6!!

Driver's Side
Old 06-24-2002, 08:33 PM
Blown LS6!!

Another...damn this takes a long time to upload!
Old 06-24-2002, 08:36 PM
Blown LS6!!

One more before I turn 80...ugh!
Old 06-24-2002, 08:38 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

OMG those look HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, now I will be placing my order!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2002, 08:40 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

Seattle Cl-S,

How did they go on??
How easy/hard was it??

Just curious!!

Thanks
Old 06-24-2002, 08:46 PM
Blown LS6!!

They have 3M adhesive stickers on the back. Due to the fact that the plastic sill area has two raised bumps, the actual contact area between the adhesive and the plastic is not 100%. They shouldn't go anywhere though...
Old 06-24-2002, 10:28 PM
Banned

EEPOWER:
That is correct. I don't think we'll be able to do it, it's an extremely slim chance, but I'm still retaining hope. As for blending...I can't really suggest how we could go about doing that...I actually fitted the trim so far...and that one little piece of wood doesn't look half bad...better with metal but not as bad as stock. I have no ideas as of yet .

Seattle Cl-S:
Glad to hear it If you press down hard enough it will "absorb" the bumps...unless it's especially cold or something. But even with 10% contact area it'll never come loose.

AztecRol:
Took you damn long enough.

Austin519
Old 06-24-2002, 11:17 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

AztecRol:
Took you damn long enough.

Austin519

No need to get VIOLENT!!!!!!!

GEEZ!!!!!!! :P
Old 06-24-2002, 11:17 PM
Banned

AztecRol:

Austin519
Old 06-25-2002, 11:31 AM
But I just got here

Did anyone else get their sills yesterday or today? The mail just came today and still no sills for me.

EDIT: Just talked to Jeff and he said they were shipped out yesterday because of all the orders needing to be shipped out. So we should be seeing them tomorrow or Thursday.
Old 06-25-2002, 11:36 AM
Drifting

Awsome...that pic is what I have been waiting on...I shall be ordering them as well

Is there any way to get the lettering darker...like closer to black and not light gray....even dark gray like my car?????

Also I would post a seperat thread with the pics so evey one will see it so the orders will get better

Quick Reply: aluminum sills/trim groupbuy (ends July 11)...