Valentine One

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 09:12 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valentine One

anybody have the valentine one?
anyone hardwire it,
i think mine is comming with a kit to hardwire it, and i was wondering if there was a write up anywhere.
i guess i need to know the best place to run the wires, how to get the apillar cover off, etc etc.
thanks in advance.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Advanced

i got V1 too, works amazing. heh
but i didnt hardwire it.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:26 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
There's a pic in this thread. Also some members noted how they did theirs.

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...ight=valentine

Here's a step by step writeup i found in the forum too.

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/hard-wired-my-valentine-one-285547/
Old 12-11-2005, 09:33 PM
B A N N E D

thank you
Old 12-12-2005, 02:45 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Alin10123

Here's a step by step writeup i found in the forum too.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285547
HA HA!!!!! Thats me!!!
Old 12-12-2005, 07:50 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by CJ Majesty
HA HA!!!!! Thats me!!!
nice except you haven't mastered the focus on your camera yet
Old 12-12-2005, 08:29 AM
9th Gear

I "hardwired" my V1 using a 12' telephone cord tucked into the headliner near the mirror, across above the passenger side sun visor (still tucked in the headliner), passed it under the side airbag assy (plenty of room), and down the b-pillar on the passenger side. Then I ran it across under the passenger seat, under the carpet 3/4 of the way (there are holes in the carpet to help you run the wire), then out of the carpet, under the inner seat rail, into the bottom of the center console, then plugged it into the power port inside using the cig lighter adapter.

I like this solution because I didn't have to cut any wires, and it turns on and off with the ignition. Also, when I sell the car down the road, I can pull the cord out easily, or just leave it in and only lose about $5.

The only parts that I removed to do this was the door-opening kick-plate (pop-in clips), rubber interior molding (just pulls out), and the plate surrounding the power port in the center console (phillips screw). The trickiest part was passing the wire under the center console (without removing it) and guiding it to the power port hole that was exposed by removing that screw.

The 12' wire was *just* enough to get there with about 1" to spare. If they had a 14' wire, I'd probably suggest that - but I think the next longest wire is like 25'.

I'm quite happy with the installation. I didn't have to remove the a-pillar panels, and it doesn't turn off when u put the car in reverse

Matt
Old 12-12-2005, 12:32 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by zerMATT
I "hardwired" my V1 using a 12' telephone cord tucked into the headliner near the mirror, across above the passenger side sun visor (still tucked in the headliner), passed it under the side airbag assy (plenty of room), and down the b-pillar on the passenger side. Then I ran it across under the passenger seat, under the carpet 3/4 of the way (there are holes in the carpet to help you run the wire), then out of the carpet, under the inner seat rail, into the bottom of the center console, then plugged it into the power port inside using the cig lighter adapter.

I like this solution because I didn't have to cut any wires, and it turns on and off with the ignition. Also, when I sell the car down the road, I can pull the cord out easily, or just leave it in and only lose about $5.

The only parts that I removed to do this was the door-opening kick-plate (pop-in clips), rubber interior molding (just pulls out), and the plate surrounding the power port in the center console (phillips screw). The trickiest part was passing the wire under the center console (without removing it) and guiding it to the power port hole that was exposed by removing that screw.

The 12' wire was *just* enough to get there with about 1" to spare. If they had a 14' wire, I'd probably suggest that - but I think the next longest wire is like 25'.

I'm quite happy with the installation. I didn't have to remove the a-pillar panels, and it doesn't turn off when u put the car in reverse

Matt
well if i were to do that, id just make my own custom length of cord.
i have the rj-11 connectons, with the crimper.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:16 AM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by 925tsx
well if i were to do that, id just make my own custom length of cord. i have the rj-11 connectons, with the crimper.
Same here, but the 12' worked out fine for me, so I didn't have to go that route. I'd rather use a 12' than hack up a 25' and spend more money anyway. My point was that you can do this without any custom wiring, and only use one under $5 store-bought part... many people don't want to tear their car apart or cut and splice wires to install a simple power cord...
Old 12-27-2005, 11:25 PM
B A N N E D

i plan on doing this mod this weekend, and i looked the diy thread, but im having problems figuring out which wire to splice the kit into.
how do i know which wire underneath the dash is a good one to splice into?
Old 12-27-2005, 11:36 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i plan on doing this mod this weekend, and i looked the diy thread, but im having problems figuring out which wire to splice the kit into.
how do i know which wire underneath the dash is a good one to splice into?
Are you planning to get power from the fuse box or the rear view mirror?
Old 12-27-2005, 11:38 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Tsx536
Are you planning to get power from the fuse box or the rear view mirror?

Fuse box is what im thinking as of now
Old 12-27-2005, 11:43 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Fuse box is what im thinking as of now
Cool man. Check out this thread:
https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/sirius-sat-radio-install-287187/

This was for a 2004 TSX, so you should double check the wiring when you do the install. Also, I noticed your question asking about how to get the a pillar off. Even though it sounds funny. I used a butter knife I used a really thin one and was able to get the SRS air bag clip without scratching or bending anything. Good luck!

Old 12-27-2005, 11:52 PM
B A N N E D

yea i saw that thread...so i have to buy the add a circut?
the hardwire kit that comes with the detector has this quick splice thingy in it..so i dunno if i have to actually splice it to a wire or what
Old 12-27-2005, 11:56 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

yea i saw that thread...so i have to buy the add a circut?
the hardwire kit that comes with the detector has this quick splice thingy in it..so i dunno if i have to actually splice it to a wire or what
Yeah you can get the Mini add a circuit at the Autozone. It's like $3 or $4.
You can just cut off the connector on the hardwire kit and crimp the wire into the connector on the add a circuit. Or you could use the quick splice thing too, it doesn't really matter.