TSX Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 08:40 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
TSX Window Problem

So my wife's driving the car yesterday and tells me that when she went to put the driver's side window up it began making a very loud squeling sound and the window was'nt going up as quick as it normally would. So each time she moved it up or down this sound would occur. So she kept on doing this and then it suddenly stopped and we hav'nt been able to repeat the problem.

I've always thought that the driver's window had a bit of a problem and its had a very slight grind each time it goes up so this definently confirms my fear.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Would it be a good idea to take it to the dealer to have it looked at if the problem is'nt there? My worry is that if I wait, the window could break and not go back up at all and we'll be stuck. Also, can someone try this on their car. Lower either of the front windows down until about 3 or 4 inches of the window is still sticking out. Then try and move the glass. Both of my windows move side to side and up and down slightly. Is this normal?

As an update when I had my car in for an oil change I asked them to inspect the driver seat grinding problem. They greased the drivers seat track and its helped alot but that problem still remains as well. What to do now??
Old 07-09-2003, 08:50 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes! I get an intermittent squeak when I roll my windows up and down as well.

I just figured I would put it on my list of things to get addressed at my 5K oil change and tire rotation normal pit stop

It does seem to be intermittend so it might be tough to recreate for them.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:03 AM
Instructor

Scary to hear that. Coming from a Jetta (notorious for window regulator problems), I noticed how loose the windows are on the TSX on the very first day I brought it home. I guess it's normal. As a preventative measure that I've learned from my ownership of the Jetta, I try not to close my door with the window down. I try to have it all the way up so that the window has the support of the door frame. This puts less strain on the window regulator itself.

Old 07-09-2003, 09:21 AM
Three Wheelin'

It's probably some plastic wrap that wasn't completely removed on delivery that got caught up in the inner door. Either that or your weather seal hasn't been broken in yet.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:26 AM
Racer

Originally posted by TWong1200
Scary to hear that. Coming from a Jetta (notorious for window regulator problems), I noticed how loose the windows are on the TSX on the very first day I brought it home. I guess it's normal. As a preventative measure that I've learned from my ownership of the Jetta, I try not to close my door with the window down. I try to have it all the way up so that the window has the support of the door frame. This puts less strain on the window regulator itself.

good point... i'll note that.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:51 AM
Pro

mmm, i did not notice that, let dealer take a look, but some silicon lube can help, they are good for lubricating plastic/rubber.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:59 AM
Cruisin'

my wife's accord had the same problem. washed the car/ cleaned the window and it went away.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:11 AM
Audi Driving Snob

Originally posted by DEVO
It's probably some plastic wrap that wasn't completely removed on delivery that got caught up in the inner door. Either that or your weather seal hasn't been broken in yet.

Good catch devo, my window has squeaked twice I think, but I do notice there is a tiny piece of plastic poking up from the window recess. As provench said something that can be taken care of on the 5k oil change visist.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:46 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by TinkySD
Good catch devo, my window has squeaked twice I think, but I do notice there is a tiny piece of plastic poking up from the window recess. As provench said something that can be taken care of on the 5k oil change visist.
I have the tiny piece of plastic poking up on both front windows.