Modify your navigation system

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005 | 12:59 PM
My Garage

Originally Posted by El Kabong
Unlikely. He lurked around here for days after he quit posting. Now I see he hasn't loged in for over a week. Bet he created a new account to save face.
Save face? Why would anyone here give him a hard time?
Old 05-11-2005 | 01:49 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
Save face? Why would anyone here give him a hard time?
Because he initially said he had already figured out how to remove the nag screen and then later admitted that he hadn't figured it out yet (yah, he was able to blank it out, but it is still there and still requires you to hit the button, which is really what people wanted removed). He also made it seem like he was really close to doing a ton of other stuff and mentioned many things as if they were soon-to-be-reality when in fact they were really more in the wishful-thinking fantasy category. Most likely, he was never successful at doing many of the things he thought (or at least stated/implied publically) he would be able to do. Basically, he got caught up in the excitement of what might be possible, and got hundreds of other people caught up in the exceitement and promise of things that weren't going to happen. And many people took the bait. And then others subtly made fun of those people without them realizing it

Most of us will still be greatful for the code that he did release, though.
Old 05-11-2005 | 02:02 PM
Instructor

I dont see why there is so much hostility towards bysin, he never asked for people to give him money they were DONATIONS, people actually asked him to take them, as far as i am concerned his hack was great and even though he hasnt posted in a while he could just be busy, people do have lives outside of acurazine, and all this hate towards him isnt going to help when he acutally does figure out how to really hack the navi, do you really think he would want to share it with acurazine after the posts on this thred??
Old 05-11-2005 | 02:10 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by calitsx
I dont see why there is so much hostility towards bysin, he never asked for people to give him money they were DONATIONS, people actually asked him to take them, as far as i am concerned his hack was great and even though he hasnt posted in a while he could just be busy, people do have lives outside of acurazine, and all this hate towards him isnt going to help when he acutally does figure out how to really hack the navi, do you really think he would want to share it with acurazine after the posts on this thred??
If your post was inspired by my post right above it, then be aware that I was merely answering the question of "Why would anyone here give him a hard time?". I personally have no problem with him at all and as I said I appreciate the code he released.
Old 05-11-2005 | 02:15 PM
Instructor

No it wasnt targeted at you but all the other people that seem upset that he hasnt posted any updates. Since when has bysin been under contract from the people of the forum???
Old 05-11-2005 | 02:20 PM
My Garage

I don't think anyone has the right to give him a hard time. Even was given the money as a charity. We all got something out of it. It wasn't his job to do the hack, he gave it a shot and it didn't work out. Anyone that gives him a hard time for that should be beaten.
Old 05-11-2005 | 03:00 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by calitsx
Oh jesus, here we go with the donation thing. No one is complaining about the donations. My donation was based upon what he HAD DONE, not what he was going to do.

No one is hating bysin, thats an ignorant comment.

bysin has logged in several times without posting. If you log in, you certainly have time to post. How hard is it to type "Still working on it" or "Sorry guys, I gave up" so we can all move on?
Old 05-11-2005 | 03:02 PM
Cruisin'

Anyone that gives him a hard time for that should be beaten.
agreed.
Old 05-11-2005 | 06:33 PM
Intermediate

Ok i just got my tsx last night and going to attempt this navi mod. But i dont know too much about the inner workings of cars and it says to remove the ground from the battery if it doesnt work, my question is...where is the ground and how do i go about removing it (just in case it doesnt work) sorry if this upsets some you lol but thats in advance for those that help
Old 05-11-2005 | 06:39 PM
Racer

two poles (cables) on the battery

red = positive

black = negative (ground) ------ remove
Old 05-11-2005 | 07:12 PM
Suzuka Master

You can also pull the fuse for the nav system (under dash)
Old 05-11-2005 | 09:21 PM
Intermediate

well i did it with no problem and it looks SICK! what a great mod!
Old 05-12-2005 | 01:05 AM
04 Accord Coupe V6ManNavi

Originally Posted by joerockt
Oh jesus, here we go with the donation thing. No one is complaining about the donations. My donation was based upon what he HAD DONE, not what he was going to do.

No one is hating bysin, thats an ignorant comment.

bysin has logged in several times without posting. If you log in, you certainly have time to post. How hard is it to type "Still working on it" or "Sorry guys, I gave up" so we can all move on?

My point exactly. We only know what he did, not why. He left us hanging. As for the unknown amount of money donated to him, perhaps he needed it and is worried we'll demand it back now that he has quit trying. Hence the sudden departure. Human nature being what it is dollars to doughnuts I bet he's reading this under a new account. Only bysin knows the truth, and he ain't talking.
Old 05-12-2005 | 01:25 AM
Banned

um yup if he's reading the last few pages he'd be like : :shakehead
Old 05-12-2005 | 11:12 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by matelot
^^^ :getting-off-topic:

how is asking what version navi dvd getting off topic? I'm trying to see if there is a differnce between versions. I think asking where bysin is, is getting off topic.
Old 05-15-2005 | 03:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Whew! Just finished reading all the posts... and donated some money to the cause. Even though I've got an '02 TL-S and can't hack my navi doesn't mean I can't appreciate Bysin's good work. He's done an awesome job and I just hope he's not burnt out from all of the well-meaning, but demanding, requests.

Anyway, this was my first visit to the land of the TSX... and it was definitely an informative one.

Keep up the good work.

V.
Old 05-15-2005 | 04:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vperkins2
Whew! Just finished reading all the posts...
Old 05-15-2005 | 04:09 PM
Burning Brakes

And I can spell correctly, too...
Old 05-16-2005 | 01:02 AM
2004/NAV/Spoller/AngelI's

More Backgrounds Enjoy

Old 05-16-2005 | 01:07 AM
2004/NAV/Spoller/AngelI's

More Backgrounds Enjoy

Old 05-16-2005 | 02:25 AM
Banned

Edster,
Nice, I like 1,2,4
But too many colors thus too big.
If you have the PS files can you send them to me ?
Old 05-16-2005 | 02:35 AM
04 Accord Coupe V6ManNavi

Hey, here's an idea: If we date our pictures far enough into the future they should not be overwritten by a Navi CD update. On the other hand that would make it impossible to go back. Humm...
Old 05-16-2005 | 03:12 PM
Russians are coming

Originally Posted by El Kabong
Hey, here's an idea: If we date our pictures far enough into the future they should not be overwritten by a Navi CD update. On the other hand that would make it impossible to go back. Humm...
Either I don't understand your idea or you are wrong.
The picture is a part of flashROM and you either replace everything (whole ROM) or do not replace anything.
Old 06-03-2005 | 03:54 PM
10th Gear

ok button on the nag screen

I just want to know if anyone has figured out how to get rid of the "OK" button on the nag screen, or set the default at 1 for true?
Old 06-03-2005 | 06:53 PM
Cruisin'

Work in progress...

Hello all,
I just bought a TL last week and I am new to this thread. I have already got the new screen image. Just awesome. I am now working with some software (DASM, PS and Emulator) I have to see if it is possible to do more with the navigation software. My first attempt will be to play with the interface. Maybe something like an LCARS interface. If anyone else is also working along these lines it would be great if we could share some ideas. When I come up with anything I will post it so everyone else can enjoy.

MERLIN
Old 06-03-2005 | 08:17 PM
Cruisin'

Question Question...

Has anyone currently got an emulator to work for the navigation software. If so please email me so we can chat. I have MS eMbedded Visual Tools (which as far as I can tell is sh4 compatible) but I have only PocketPC and SmartPhone SDK's. Cannot seem to recognize program. If anyone can give me some help it would be greatly appreciated.

MERLIN
Old 06-03-2005 | 08:52 PM
8th Gear

Navi Secrets

Merlin,

Check out this thread started by ZEUSER in the TL forums. A few of us are in the same boat as you, all the right tools, but don't know where to start.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115097
Old 06-04-2005 | 08:15 PM
Advanced

Any way I can get the Dumpnavi.exe to work on my iMac?
Old 06-04-2005 | 09:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jfbradley
Any way I can get the Dumpnavi.exe to work on my iMac?
Same way you get any Windoz/X86 program to work on Mac.
Old 06-04-2005 | 10:53 PM
02 TL-S + Navi

What about older versions?

I have the 2.04 DVD (and will be upgrading shortly to 2.20) but I have an 02 TL-S. My DVD has 5 directories: NAVI, ZU2FF, ZU225, ZU220 and ZZZ. The NAVI folder has a bunch of files which I imagine are the data. The 3 ZU* folders have .APN files (2 each) and the ZZZ folder has a file called ZZZ.BIN, which I would have to assume is the "good" part. So far, any utility (dumpnavi, cebin, unpack, etc) has been unsuccessful in extracting the parts of this that are worth looking at. Where can I go for information on how my version of the DVD works?

-Shawn
Old 06-05-2005 | 07:36 AM
10th Gear

take a chill

Originally Posted by matelot
Same way you get any Windoz/X86 program to work on Mac.
All a newbie asked was how to make it work on a mac, the board and comments to do say anything about only working with windows, but then again I have not been here for awhile so maybe someone somewhere did state that, but get new people to the board a chance.

Roger
Old 06-05-2005 | 11:52 AM
My Garage

Originally Posted by roger678
All a newbie asked was how to make it work on a mac, the board and comments to do say anything about only working with windows, but then again I have not been here for awhile so maybe someone somewhere did state that, but get new people to the board a chance.

Roger
Roger...meet Matelot, sarcasm is kinda is speciality, don't take it personally

Everyone gets picked on a little, its all in good fun
Old 06-05-2005 | 03:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by roger678

Roger

Well, Mr Roger, I did answer his Q, didn't I ? and I wasn't even trying to be sarcastic, just factual.

How do you answer to someone who, in one way or another, ALREADY KNEW the answer ???

You're not Mac user are you ? cause I think jfbradley knows what I'm/was talking about.
Old 06-06-2005 | 10:31 PM
8th Gear

Thanks bysin.

Worked like a charm.
Old 06-06-2005 | 10:41 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by isnoop
Thanks bysin.

Worked like a charm.
You misspelled satellite

Nice image, tho. Is that code from any particular app?
Old 06-07-2005 | 02:29 AM
8th Gear

Oops, I guess I shouldn't drink wine and photoshop. Oh well, at least the image replacement process is quick.
The code is just some pseudo GPS code I made up. The discerning programmer might notice that it's entirely impossible to be of use to the nav system though; it's PHP5.
Old 06-09-2005 | 08:32 PM
Cruisin'

Live Traffic....

I have an '05 TL which doesn't not have the "Live Traffic" function, but the RL does. I was wondering if anyone knew if that was a software or hardware addon. If it is software would be simply an issue of loading the RL .BIN into my TL? It would be great if someone could explain this to me. Thanks all. Keep up the good posts.

Merlin
Old 06-10-2005 | 03:00 AM
8th Gear

I don't know for sure, but I'd assume that all you'd need to make the traffic system work is the PCMCIA card and a DVD from a car that supported the feature. I'd even hazard a guess to say a car like a late model Honda or anything else with the most recent gen nav system might just work with that setup.
Old 06-11-2005 | 01:16 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by isnoop
I don't know for sure, but I'd assume that all you'd need to make the traffic system work is the PCMCIA card and a DVD from a car that supported the feature. I'd even hazard a guess to say a car like a late model Honda or anything else with the most recent gen nav system might just work with that setup.
I don't think it will work, real time traffic is linked through "Acura Link" (something similar to Onstar), so unless the PCMCIA has some type of reciever, I don't think it will work.
Old 06-11-2005 | 08:21 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by goddsmack
I don't think it will work, real time traffic is linked through "Acura Link" (something similar to Onstar), so unless the PCMCIA has some type of reciever, I don't think it will work.
The dealer told me the data came from the XM satelite stream so we should already have the ability to receive the info. It's just being able to so something with it.

I would guess that if you were able to use the RL DVD you would lose your touch screen controls since the RL doesn't support them.

Quick Reply: Modify your navigation system