2006 TSX Info...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 12:35 PM
Only Acuras Since '93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jkozlow3
Destination charges don't vary by state as far as I know. They average it out so everyone pays the same. Sounds like someone's dealer is ripping them off!!
Oh, no!! You mean in two weeks my wily Acura dealer will take advantage of me to the tune of dozens of dollars with their inscrutable destination charge tricks!!?
Old 10-25-2005, 09:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Well the destination charge works out great for us! Still a deal for Hawaii...... I guess we're bringing it up for everybody :ducks from flying tomatoes:
Old 10-25-2005, 11:21 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by Colin
Well the destination charge works out great for us! Still a deal for Hawaii...... I guess we're bringing it up for everybody :ducks from flying tomatoes:
I'm going to be in your beautiful state (for the first time) in about three weeks. I wonder if I can bring home a TSX in a traditional Hawaiian double-hulled, long-distance sailing canoe.

Excited
Old 10-26-2005, 07:21 AM
Intermediate

I saw a SHawd RL this morning when I drive to work. WOW, what a car! The Acura.com post the RL out there few days ago. I already see that on the road. Do you think the TSX will be here soon after they post 2006 TSX in acura.com on Nov 9?
Old 10-26-2005, 09:50 AM
Intermediate

Not sure if you see this: http://www.japanesecarfans.com/news....6/acura/1.html
Old 10-26-2005, 07:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by excited
I'm going to be in your beautiful state (for the first time) in about three weeks. I wonder if I can bring home a TSX in a traditional Hawaiian double-hulled, long-distance sailing canoe.

Excited
Maybe you could if we had TSXs on hand. Heck we're down to two 2005s and the 2006's seem to be a few weeks away!
Old 10-26-2005, 07:54 PM
Race Director

i really dislike the new front of our TSX...
Old 10-26-2005, 08:32 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by RMATIC09
i really dislike the new front of our TSX...
I really like:
2006 Model Year Changes

Powertrain
Horsepower increased to 205 SAE net (Rev 8/04) @ 7000 rpm
Torque increased to 164 lbs-ft. SAE net (Rev 8/04) @ 4500 rpm
Larger intake valves
Increased valve timing and lift
Increased intake and exhaust flow
Reduced engine pumping losses
Stronger automatic transmission to complement increased horsepower
Higher capacity clutch
Higher capacity torque converter

Chassis
Electronic Brake Assist
Increased rigidity of upper A-arm reduces NVH

Exterior Styling
Restyled hood and grille
Redesigned headlights and combination taillights
Redesigned front and rear bumpers
Fog lamps are integrated into the lower bumper
More pronounced side sills
New nine-spoke alloy wheels
Flat wiper blades increase visibility and reduce wind noise
Four new exterior colors: Alabaster Silver Metallic replaces Satin Silver, Glacier Blue Metallic replaces Meteor Silver Metallic, and Deep Green Pearl, and Royal Blue Pearl are added

Interior
2-position memory for driver's seat
Auxiliary audio jack in center console for digital music players
HandsFreeLinkÔwireless telephone interface
Sports steering wheel
Multi-info display
New meter face
New wood-patterned trim for models with Parchment interior
Metallic garnish added to shift knob
Smart Maintenance system
Enhanced Acura Navigation System (optional)
Larger buttons and fonts
Faster processing speed
Points of Interest (POI) database increased to 7 million
HandsFreeLink calling to POI
More voice recognition commands (653)
Zagat Survey(TM) restaurant guide
Exit ramp services feature
Enhanced in-glass antennae for improved radio reception

Excited
Old 10-27-2005, 11:56 PM
Advanced

Hey Exited...Here's your Alabaster Silver. You're right, it's seems alot brighter than the SSM. Very nice. Looks great with the clear turn signals instead of the amber. Too bad it doesn't come like that. I'll definitely consider this color for my '06.

Old 10-28-2005, 06:59 PM
TSX4EVR

Looks fantastic, thank you. I think in person the AS is going to look super.

What probably isn't well known is that the two models in the back come standard with the 06. (For female buyers they come as buff looking men)

This is what they meant by:

Larger buttons and fonts
More Points of Interest
HandsFreeLink
More voice recognition commands (comes in handy when they are blond)
Redesigned headlights
Redesigned rear bumpers

Excited
Old 10-28-2005, 07:57 PM
Advanced

OK, dont be pissed if this has already been posted, but the page title of the acura web site now lists 2006 TSX, it just doesnt have anything else on the site

Acura
Old 10-28-2005, 08:16 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by wesleyl524
OK, dont be pissed if this has already been posted, but the page title of the acura web site now lists 2006 TSX, it just doesnt have anything else on the site

Acura
Nice catch!! Hopefully they'll have 2006 info soon. Odd that the page title was updated without updating the actual info though.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:07 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Nope nope nope. Don't care for the new front bumper or wheels on the '06. All the features they added to the interior/motor/tranny/etc. are great, good stuff for a mid-cycle refresh. I just wonder who it was at Acura who looked over various front-end designs and picked this one.

Not that it matters to me, I'm never never selling my '04 I love that car THAT much. Just couldn't resist chipping in my .
Old 10-29-2005, 02:13 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by wesleyl524

Acura
Yeah, again, nice catch... I wonder if people at Acura are laughing at us dorks at the moment. If they are, .

If not, get to work and update the site, dammit!

Desperate in Atlanta,
-rpc
Old 11-01-2005, 02:00 PM
10th Gear

What deal did you get on it? I was under the impression they don't have any pricing information as of yet.

Originally Posted by Hondan53
I ordered my 06 TSX AT w/ NAVI last weekend. My dealer is not sure when all of the info will be released, but they think the official info will be released around end of November, and my car should arrive around December, possiblly but not likely, January.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too funny, they all have the new 06's up except for the TSX. Is the TSX the only Acura completely made in Japan? I guess thats why...
Old 11-01-2005, 02:08 PM
Pink as a pistol

Originally Posted by pyc103
What deal did you get on it? I was under the impression they don't have any pricing information as of yet.
Yes, there is no pricing information as of yet. I negotiated based on invoice price (pay invoice price + x amount). I got a pretty good deal , but then again, the sales manager in the dealership is one of my good friends.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Pink as a pistol

Originally Posted by joerockt
Too funny, they all have the new 06's up except for the TSX. Is the TSX the only Acura completely made in Japan? I guess thats why...
I thought the RSX, TSX and RL are all 95% Japanese.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:24 PM
Safety Car

"In addition, U.S. cities and street names (1.7 million) may now be accessed through the voice recognition system."

damint!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 03:34 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by joerockt
Only the TSX and RSX are made in japan.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:52 PM
Racer

I personally like the changes for 06, though I can understand someone not liking them.

I ordered one a while ago (MSRP-$1,500) and now they're saying I will have it by Nov 15 but when I ask to see something in writing, like shipping date etc, they can't. I don't think they realy have a clue.

Honda/Acura are either very secretive for some unknown reason or have the worst communication system in the industry. They've been this way since I started buying Honda products in the early seventies. I bought a Ford Exploder about ten years ago and could track it's progress on line from manufacture, shipping etc. right to when I received it. I ordered my 06 TSX over a month ago and they still can't tell me when or if it's made yet. I'm not in a hurry but I find it irritating.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:09 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Feliz, than you for the great news about the discount on the new model year - I'll probably quote you. We drove a 325i yesterday, to get an idea of what the 323i might be capable of in wet/snowy weather; the traction/stability control makes me think that this car would work with snowtires, but, there are now kids who drive and we like to ski, and ... we're planning on a TSX in the spring.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by gdcwatt
Feliz, than you for the great news about the discount - I'll probably quote you. TSX in the spring.
gdcwatt, I didn't even have to ask, the salesman just said something like "I think the best we can do on a 06 is about $1,500 off MSRP" I said fine. I usually dicker more but I'm getting too old.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:26 PM
Aint Doing Sh*t

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sebo
Only the TSX and RSX are made in japan.
I thought the NSX was made in Japan too. They haven't updated it either.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:38 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Acura sales press release (that mentions 2006 TSX)

So the 2006s will go on sale Nov. 9th. Yeah we already heard that, but now it's official!
Old 11-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Hondan53
I thought the RSX, TSX and RL are all 95% Japanese.
Correct: TL = Ohio, MDX = Ontario.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by feliz
Honda/Acura are either very secretive for some unknown reason or have the worst communication system in the industry. They've been this way since I started buying Honda products in the early seventies......I ordered my 06 TSX over a month ago and they still can't tell me when or if it's made yet. I'm not in a hurry but I find it irritating.
It's a little of both. Information and availability is withheld until the existing supplies of '05 inventory are lowered nationwide (we've been mostly out for a month now). The TSX is the only Acura to have significant changes for '06 and so it's the only one that could "kill" sales of the current model.

We know the target production dates of the cars we order, we know the ship dates once they're made, and can track the cars once they're off the boat. While they're over the water, we don't have too much info.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:54 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by esCarbonie
"In addition, U.S. cities and street names (1.7 million) may now be accessed through the voice recognition system."

damint!!!
why the sad face. just mod the dvd-rom, it's proven that 06 navi will work on the 04-05 MY TSXs
Old 11-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Racer

Thanks for taking time to respond Colin, that sheds some light on it. Regards
Old 11-01-2005, 08:32 PM
TSX4EVR

now they're saying I will have it by Nov 15
I guess your dealer must have more clout. I ordered mine pretty early, but it is not expected to arrive until December 10th.

There is a little part of me that thinks it will arrive a little sooner than that, but there is another part that says it might arrive a lot later.

I guess sooner or later it will get here.

Excited
Old 11-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Only Acuras Since '93

Originally Posted by Colin
... While they're over the water, we don't have too much info.
Colin, may I ask whether you know anything about the "New wood-patterned trim for models with Parchment interior"?

We connoisseurs of finest plood need to know...
Old 11-01-2005, 09:06 PM
Racer

I guess your dealer must have more clout. I ordered mine pretty early, but it is not expected to arrive until December 10th.

There is a little part of me that thinks it will arrive a little sooner than that, but there is another part that says it might arrive a lot later.

I guess sooner or later it will get here.

Excited
Excited, I've come to the conclusion they don't really know any more than we do, they just don't like admitting it. As you say, when it gets here it gets here.

Today when I was at the dealers they told me they know when the cars are arriving but they don't want to tell the customers because if they arrive late then the customers will be upset. Makes no sense to me.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:44 PM
TSX4EVR

Excited, I've come to the conclusion they don't really know any more than we do, they just don't like admitting it. As you say, when it gets here it gets here.

Today when I was at the dealers they told me they know when the cars are arriving but they don't want to tell the customers because if they arrive late then the customers will be upset. Makes no sense to me.
Feliz, I think that my salesman told me December 10th to keep me from dropping by too many times during the week. He smiles everytime he sees me.

Time will actually go by fast and it will be here. I'm busy with our United Way Campaign until Nov 10th, my wife is having an early 50th Birthday party for me on the 12th, going to the Rodeo on the 13th, turn 50 and fly out to Hawaii on the 17th, come back a couple weeks later, madly catch up on work and somewhere in there the TSX will arrive. Time will fly by.

As winter approaches I am looking forward to the remote start and heated seats. Not that you have to worry about that. I guess your biggest concern is how the golf clubs will fit in the trunk.

Excited
Old 11-02-2005, 12:59 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by Irfo
Colin, may I ask whether you know anything about the "New wood-patterned trim for models with Parchment interior"?

We connoisseurs of finest plood need to know...
It may look like the new plood in the 06 Accord. Check one out at your local dealer. Couldn't find a pic on the Honda site. I think the Accord plood looks a little better than the old plood, but its still plood looking. The new stuff on the Accord is a little darker, maybe looks more like walnut???
Old 11-02-2005, 07:41 AM
Instructor

Feliz, I think that my salesman told me December 10th to keep me from dropping by too many times during the week. He smiles everytime he sees me.
sorry dude, but the salesman are just guessing.
i really doubt you'll see the car before the 10th.

remember, the cars reach the states first.. and as of right now the biggest acura dealer in the nation is in my state, which still doesn't even know the colors available, a-spec prices, MSRP, etc.

by you keep asking them they're only going to keep guessing! anyone who says otherwise is bullshitting.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:21 AM
PWP Wh0r3

Time will actually go by fast and it will be here. I'm busy with our United Way Campaign until Nov 10th, my wife is having an early 50th Birthday party for me on the 12th, going to the Rodeo on the 13th, turn 50 and fly out to Hawaii on the 17th, come back a couple weeks later, madly catch up on work and somewhere in there the TSX will arrive. Time will fly by.

As winter approaches I am looking forward to the remote start and heated seats. Not that you have to worry about that. I guess your biggest concern is how the golf clubs will fit in the trunk.

Excited
a lil off topic, EXICTED is your bday nov 13th based on your post? mine too~!! the 06 TSX will be my belated bday present to myself when i get it march
Old 11-02-2005, 08:24 AM
Top notch 6MT

Yeah... it's from the sales that says that.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:07 AM
Intermediate

My dealer told me that my car was build on 10/21. I think I will getting it very soon.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Racer

going to the Rodeo on the 13th,

Excited
I hope it's an indoor rodeo!!

Have a good time in Hawaii, then come back to your new TSX. Living in BC we can't afford to go to Hawaii, we don't get all the government rebate checks you folks do.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:56 PM
Racer

The 2005 South F.L. Auto Show will be Nov. 4th-13th does anyone know if the 2006 TSX will be at the show??? When will the 2006 TSX info be on Acura.com so i can build it, check prices, and info...?

Quick Reply: 2006 TSX Info...