Acura EV App

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2024 | 07:22 PM
2nd Gear

Acura EV App

Wife purchased her type S ZDX two months ago and she is still having issues with several of the app functions not working.

We submitted a help ticket shortly after purchase and we are still having issues. We were told it was a telematics issue.

Anyone else having issues with the EV app?

thanks
The following users liked this post:
pilozm (Today)
Old 09-08-2024 | 08:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Mine works but the app is slooow and very often the remote control takes a few tries to go through. What issues are you seeing?
Old 09-08-2024 | 08:32 PM
2nd Gear

Mine is taking 45 seconds or more to load/refresh.

location services doesn’t work I get a communication error. It won’t save my phone number to get text alerts.

I also occasionally get a communication error when I refresh, but usually works the second or third time.

my key card doesn’t work. After almost two months they discovered the software for that function wasn’t loaded in my car as well as eight others sold at the same dealership. They are working on sending the update to the service departments laptop where they can load it in the car.

but my wife loves the car which make these nagging issues a little easier to deal with.
pilozm (Today)
Old 09-08-2024 | 10:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mrkolivers
Mine is taking 45 seconds or more to load/refresh.

location services doesn’t work I get a communication error. It won’t save my phone number to get text alerts.

I also occasionally get a communication error when I refresh, but usually works the second or third time.

my key card doesn’t work.
Most of what you described sound familiar to me. Guess I just accept the fact that the app is a mess.

The latency of the app - same ballpark number. Sometimes the latency improves to a more tolerable 20-30 seconds after the first contact, but not a guarantee.

Does not save phone - neither for me. In fact, the notification never works unless the "charge complete" notification means charging to 100% instead of the user-set limit. Communication error - it is universal. Location service - do you mean locating the car? It worked for the few times I tried the feature.

Key card - I have never tried it. Until the app is reliable enough to remote control the car, I rather keep the trustworthy key fob. Thanks for sharing the experience. Maybe I should give it a try to make sure it was set up correctly.
pilozm (Today)
Old 09-25-2024 | 10:20 PM
Cruisin'

No Joy!

I can't get the Acura EV app to accept my VIN. It keeps reverting to the "Contact your Acura Dealership to enroll" screen. Type S leased on the 9/14, several contacts with Acura support have been replied with "we're working on it."
Swanny
pilozm (Today)
Old 09-28-2024 | 01:39 PM
2nd Gear

I can only get the app to refresh info after I delete the app from my phone and reinstall it. Right now it says last update Tuesday 4:33pm. Today is Saturday.

I cannot send any commands to it. They all time out.
Old 09-28-2024 | 01:53 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by swannyva
I can't get the Acura EV app to accept my VIN. It keeps reverting to the "Contact your Acura Dealership to enroll" screen. Type S leased on the 9/14, several contacts with Acura support have been replied with "we're working on it."
Swanny
make sure your OnStar is activated and make sure you’ve accepted the terms in the email OnStar sends you after activation.
Old 10-04-2024 | 08:40 AM
1st Gear

I am the EV owner for 11 years (Tesla Model S) I bought the ZDX a month ago due to the good deal from the dealer. A few comments and complains:
1. The Acura EV App is very slow, nothing compared to Tesla App. Acura needs to improve the App. While I have trouble to link to EvGo account to take advantage of the $300 credit, I finally figure out I have to use the lower case email account to link.
2. EvGo credit is fine, but if there is no charger around some destinations I need to travel (several North Carolina beaches), what's the point? The NACS adapter is not available until year-end 2024, does it mean I cannot travel there. Big problem.
3. More importantly, we need the Tesla Supercharger routing software to be included in the GPS for ZDX.
pilozm (Today)
Old 10-04-2024 | 10:00 AM
Safety Car

Can’t say I’m surprised. Unlike Tesla, which is a tech company that happens to build cars, Honda/Acura (and most legacy automakers) is a car company that is trying to now do some tech things, and as such the app is built by a vendor rather than in-house. It’s of no surprise that quality, usability, and functionality suffers because of that.
pilozm (Today)
Old 10-04-2024 | 01:42 PM
Intermediate

The need for a lowercase email is indeed a strange thing. However, regarding NACS, surely you knew when you got the ZDX that SuperCharger access was not yet available, so I don't understand your complaint there. And since we cannot use SC yet, the fact it is not in the GPS currently is a GOOD thing - don't route me to chargers I cannot use yet. Once we have access to that charger network it will be included in the built-in GPS and mapping software.

And yes, the app is slow. I never use it anyway.
Old 10-04-2024 | 08:31 PM
Burning Brakes

The supercharger access is available now. The trick is to select a GM model rather than ZDX in the Tesla app.

As for the app, well, if the Lyriq app is also slow, then you know Acura cannot do better as the car status and remote access are provided by GM's backend. Besides, Blazer and Lyriq both have 5G modem, while ZDX is stuck with 4G LTE.

One notable improvement of the EV app since its release is that the charging station map loads much faster after V2 revision. I would use it if I don't need restricted access to some chargers.
pilozm (Today)
Old 10-04-2024 | 09:07 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sonyfever
The supercharger access is available now. The trick is to select a GM model rather than ZDX in the Tesla app..
Interesting. Have you actually tried to charge your ZDX at a SuperCharger? I was under the impression (as is my dealer) that the ZDX still requires a software update to get SC access, even though GM Ultium vehicles have it officially. I have a co-worker with an adapter for his Lyric, and he has said he will let me try his adapter, hopefully next week.
Old 10-04-2024 | 10:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by billjay
Interesting. Have you actually tried to charge your ZDX at a SuperCharger? I was under the impression (as is my dealer) that the ZDX still requires a software update to get SC access, even though GM Ultium vehicles have it officially. I have a co-worker with an adapter for his Lyric, and he has said he will let me try his adapter, hopefully next week.
No, I don't have personal experience. EVgo and EA complement each other well in my area, so I do not see an urgent need.

I saw someone sharing the trick on FB. Give it a try, it really should work as the bottleneck is on the Acura EV app, not the SW on the car.