AcuraZine Dallas/Ft.Worth Crew

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
[QUOTE=Silver Bullet;10733913]Jpipe installed! I'm getting adjusted to the new sound and there is definitely some low end torque.

QUOTE]

Nice

I don't think it would work for me . . . I'm sitting pretty low and catch the bottom from time to time as it is . . .

BTW, anyone up for a run to the Motorplex on April 17th? If the weather is decent I'll be heading down.

Ruf
Old 04-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[quote=RUF87;10740930]
Originally Posted by Silver Bullet
Jpipe installed! I'm getting adjusted to the new sound and there is definitely some low end torque.

QUOTE]

Nice

I don't think it would work for me . . . I'm sitting pretty low and catch the bottom from time to time as it is . . .

BTW, anyone up for a run to the Motorplex on April 17th? If the weather is decent I'll be heading down.

Ruf
I might be interested. Pencil me in and ping me when we get closer. I'd like to get a new baseline with the recent mod.

PMPTX-you want to do some runs with us like last time?
Old 04-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
I might be going to RKC tonight with a few others to check it out.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Lead Footed

Originally Posted by NAiL05
I might be going to RKC tonight with a few others to check it out.
RKC??? what and or where is that?

Ruf
Old 04-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Lead Footed

PMPTX and I are going to meet 11:30 at Bone Daddy's in Grapevine, off of 114 & 121. That would be lunch on 4/7.

Ruf
Old 04-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

It was at 635/garland road...never going again...staff is retarded. I think one aziner was in there. Was gonna say hi but he was rolling out. I see him occasionally at the wed night meet i forgot the dudes name. TL with blacked out rims...So they wouldnt let me in because my car was not a "performance" car....Apparently in his exact words: This is a PERFORMANCE car meet just make a u-turn and park in the back. Yea I love there door staff...not going to RKC again thats just messed up maybe its my chrome rims...I saw slower cars in there but whatever...IMO waste of my time and gas again...All I have to say is the venue is better but other than that the staff fucked it all up for me. last time I go there. I will stay to my Wed night meet...even though there are ricers and the party poopers at least I know there is no bias there. We all know who is slow who is fast there just by the looks.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Lead Footed

It was at 635/garland road...never going again...staff is retarded. I think one aziner was in there. Was gonna say hi but he was rolling out. I see him occasionally at the wed night meet i forgot the dudes name. TL with blacked out rims...So they wouldnt let me in because my car was not a "performance" car....Apparently in his exact words: This is a PERFORMANCE car meet just make a u-turn and park in the back. Yea I love there door staff...not going to RKC again thats just messed up maybe its my chrome rims...I saw slower cars in there but whatever...IMO waste of my time and gas again...All I have to say is the venue is better but other than that the staff fucked it all up for me. last time I go there. I will stay to my Wed night meet...even though there are ricers and the party poopers at least I know there is no bias there. We all know who is slow who is fast there just by the looks.
I guess when I feel like being a jerk looking for trouble I'll head over there and start something . . and when they send me away I'll have them read my back window . . .

BMWs 2 --------------- Me 31 and counting
BMW 550i 0 ----------- Me 1
350z 1 ---------------- Me 4
Lexus 0 --------------- Me 7
Silvia 0 ---------------- Me 1
Hemis 0 --------------- Me 2

NUFF SAID

That should start some talking.

Ruf
Old 04-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

haha yea. I dunno I coulda done something else on my birthday. I got there for like 2 min literally then left. Thats how crappy I thought the meet was. Great venue shitty staff as I said. Oh well thats my review. I knew if I wanted to go should have been with my friend in the GS and nsx. I am just looking forward to wednesday.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RUF87
PMPTX and I are going to meet 11:30 at Bone Daddy's in Grapevine, off of 114 & 121. That would be lunch on 4/7.

Ruf
I tried finding ya'll there (saw your cars) but didn't have enough time anyway to sit for long so I just kept going. Oh well.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
I guess when I feel like being a jerk looking for trouble I'll head over there and start something . . and when they send me away I'll have them read my back window . . .

BMWs 2 --------------- Me 31 and counting
BMW 550i 0 ----------- Me 1
350z 1 ---------------- Me 4
Lexus 0 --------------- Me 7
Silvia 0 ---------------- Me 1
Hemis 0 --------------- Me 2

NUFF SAID

That should start some talking.
Ruf
me thinks me needs to take a road trip with the GS down there and try to run Ruf...

i may need to dump 30k into a turbo first though!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

You dont need 30k for a turbo lol just a lot of deal searching haha.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Lead Footed

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
me thinks me needs to take a road trip with the GS down there and try to run Ruf...

i may need to dump 30k into a turbo first though!!!
Nah, you're one of the family . . . I'll be glad to help you mod yours . . . even if it means you'll be faster.

I'm hoping the weather is nice on 4/17 . . . I'm really nervous about what it'll do. Anything less than a 14.1 I'll be totally bummed.

Ruf

Last edited by RUF87; 04-07-2009 at 05:14 PM. Reason: edits
Old 04-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Lead Footed

Hey pmptx, good time a lunch today . . . I still can't understand why all the guys want to go to Bone Daddy's all the time.

Anyway, after talking to you about all the intake mods I've done, well I got someone to explain the basics of the benefits, here's the quote.

"CAI, less restrictive air filters, larger throttle body(s), RAM-Air systems, bored out intakes all let in more air, which will be detected by the MAP sensor inside the intake manifold. The PCM then adjusts the ignition timings and lengthens the fuel injection pulse width in response to this increase in air flow, again using preset values from the pre-programmed timing maps. Thus more air => more fuel & more agressive ignition timing => more power from the engine. Simple. No extra tuning required unless you go to force induction, in which case, you'll need high flow fuel injectors for the extra fuel dumps."

So guys, as I commented on way back when, intake mods may produce better results than headers/exhaust. So, who's ready to mod their intakes?

Ruf
Old 04-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,223 Likes on 698 Posts
Yeah, they're talking this over and it's 1 or 2 of the entrance people. Others were trying to get you in. The same dipshit said a Firehawk was a V6 and wasn't allowed because, "this is a performance meet".

No it's not. It's a fucking show for nice looking cars. If it's a performance meet, a certain Civic of Doom would be near center stage.

If it's not a F-Body, 'Vette, Viper, or Mustang, it apparently isn't worthy unless it's a useless pickup.

I'm with the side who's getting the short end of the stick. I got in, in the first meet. A lot of those cars were also slower than some of the Lexus' I read that got turned away. Not all Mustangs & Camaros are fast, esp. the ones there, and I'm positive I could rape some of those ones that were stock V6's with just new wheels & an intake.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

Yea my buddies GS is not stock. We are pushing close to 800hp on that thing if not around 700. The only problem is that his car cuts off at 5500. Seems like a timing gear is missing a tooth of some sort so looking at that.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Suzuka Master

I think I've seen it. Dual exhaust, lowered bodykit, white, correct? That thing is fucking sick. Sounds nice as well. They're working on the street team right now.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

Yea...I was looking around for TL people. I saw one in there which sucked...I was wondering how he got in and I didnt. Must have been the chrome rims...Unfortunately I do do a lot of spirited drives with this car even on those heavy POS's. I recently went on a country drive and the car handled beautifully other than the crappy rims. Anyway whatever I say it is bullshit and a waste of my time haha they say third times a charm but personally I dont feel like giving it a third time.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:09 AM
Suzuka Master

E-Mail Mr. Reed, then.

those of you who got turned down email me a pic of your car reedspeed@prestigegarland.com mr ricekiller call me on this surely we have enough room to not turn people down even if we can seperate the lot a litttle . lets figure out a way to involve everyone .
He should help you out.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

bleh I think I am good. Thanks for trying to help out but I dont think I will be attempting to attend anymore RKC meets. Ill stick to the Wednesday meet. I will be out there tomorrow.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:09 AM
Suzuka Master

bleh I think I am good. Thanks for trying to help out but I dont think I will be attempting to attend anymore RKC meets. Ill stick to the Wednesday meet. I will be out there tomorrow.
I will try to do the same.

I will talk to someone I know though, when I get a chance, and ask why your TL was denied when another one that just had black stock rims was let in (no offense to ya, mate).
Old 04-08-2009, 07:12 AM
Lead Footed

Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S
I will try to do the same.

I will talk to someone I know though, when I get a chance, and ask why your TL was denied when another one that just had black stock rims was let in (no offense to ya, mate).
Hey Rick,

I ran in to a guy at the 7-11 on Coit and Spring Creek. He's got the same model year you do, and he just bought it. Still had the dealer tag on it. I told him about the site, he seemed interested so hopefully he shows up.

Anyway, are you going to be out with Nail tonight? I'm pretty sure I'll be there tonight.

Ruf
Old 04-08-2009, 09:50 AM
2006 ASM tsx

Hey pmptx, good time a lunch today . . . I still can't understand why all the guys want to go to Bone Daddy's all the time.

Anyway, after talking to you about all the intake mods I've done, well I got someone to explain the basics of the benefits, here's the quote.

"CAI, less restrictive air filters, larger throttle body(s), RAM-Air systems, bored out intakes all let in more air, which will be detected by the MAP sensor inside the intake manifold. The PCM then adjusts the ignition timings and lengthens the fuel injection pulse width in response to this increase in air flow, again using preset values from the pre-programmed timing maps. Thus more air => more fuel & more agressive ignition timing => more power from the engine. Simple. No extra tuning required unless you go to force induction, in which case, you'll need high flow fuel injectors for the extra fuel dumps."

So guys, as I commented on way back when, intake mods may produce better results than headers/exhaust. So, who's ready to mod their intakes?

Ruf
lets mod my intake =)... wait what will we do? lol.

i am probably going to be out there tonight after i get out of my class. anyone wanna eat afterwards?
Old 04-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

I will be out there late haha round 9 as always lol.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Burning Brakes

..."CAI, less restrictive air filters, larger throttle body(s), RAM-Air systems, bored out intakes all let in more air, which will be detected by the MAP sensor inside the intake manifold. The PCM then adjusts the ignition timings and lengthens the fuel injection pulse width in response to this increase in air flow, again using preset values from the pre-programmed timing maps. Thus more air => more fuel & more agressive ignition timing => more power from the engine. Simple. No extra tuning required unless you go to force induction, in which case, you'll need high flow fuel injectors for the extra fuel dumps."

Ruf
Me! Got the CAI, less restrictive air filter, small RAM mod...maybe more there. Larger throttle body and bored out intake would be next.

Got the exhaust stuff done so maybe I did the cart before the horse but it's there when I can get more air in.

Last edited by Silver Bullet; 04-08-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Hey Rick,

I ran in to a guy at the 7-11 on Coit and Spring Creek. He's got the same model year you do, and he just bought it. Still had the dealer tag on it. I told him about the site, he seemed interested so hopefully he shows up.

Anyway, are you going to be out with Nail tonight? I'm pretty sure I'll be there tonight.

Ruf
Be nice to see another Type S at the shows.

I'll probably be walking around, but I will attempt to park on the side of CVS tonight.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Anybody up for a meet at my place later this month?

We'll throw down like old times
Old 04-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trancemission

WOO HOO i think it should be the weekend of the 24th-26th.

I will bring treats, like i use to if we are going down like old times.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Lead Footed

Yea my buddies GS is not stock. We are pushing close to 800hp on that thing if not around 700. The only problem is that his car cuts off at 5500. Seems like a timing gear is missing a tooth of some sort so looking at that.
700-800hp, what's the diff . . . that's a lot of HP!

As far as cutting out, I find it hard to believe it's a timing gear. With that much power I'd think he'd drop a valve or something. Anyway, is he going to be up there? And does he ever take it to the track?

Ruf
Old 04-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Lead Footed

Originally Posted by Silver Bullet
Me! Got the CAI, less restrictive air filter, small RAM mod...maybe more there. Larger throttle body and bored out intake would be next.

Got the exhaust stuff done so maybe I did the cart before the horse but it's there when I can get more air in.
Oh Yeah . . . Silver's going ballistic.

Ruf
Old 04-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Lead Footed

Originally Posted by trancemission

Yo Trance . . where've you been hiding . . . I almost caught up to you . . . post wise.

You up for a trip to the Motorplex? The plan is 4/17 . . . if the weather holds out.

Ruf
Old 04-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

I might be down for that. I wont run the car but it would be fun to go check it out
Old 04-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yes he takes it to the track but we havent driven it much since tx2k9. He should have it out tonight we usually roll together. Just a GS, NSX, and me lol. Maybe an S4 might come with us also.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Burning Brakes

I'm out at the park & coit meet right now.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Oh Yeah . . . Silver's going ballistic.

Ruf
hehe
Old 04-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Three Wheelin'

I saw your car silver. I drove around the lot a few times and parked behind the cvs lol. When I got out I saw you leaving haha. Clean car btw man. Met up with RUF also cool guy. It was a good night had a lil fun.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Burning Brakes

I saw your car silver. I drove around the lot a few times and parked behind the cvs lol. When I got out I saw you leaving haha. Clean car btw man. Met up with RUF also cool guy. It was a good night had a lil fun.
it was a good crowd and group of cars. I had been there about 1 hour and decided since I did not see Ruf to go ahead and head out. I wanted to scope it out anyway and see what it was like.

Maybe next week we can better coordinate getting together there.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
so this meet. is it all cars with a bunch of mods or are there more stocky cars there too?
Old 04-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Mark, let me know when you go next time.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Depends on what you mean by modded. There are fast cars out there then there are the kids.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
Aka would my car fit in... I don't care about the kids.

Quick Reply: AcuraZine Dallas/Ft.Worth Crew