Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

NBA Discussion Thread

Old 06-28-2006 | 11:59 PM
I

These people have no idea how hard it was watching Dickey Simpkins, Will Perdue, Michael Ruffin, Matt Maloney and Chris Antsey play for the Bulls back then.

The team had more white players than the Chicago Blackhawks...
Old 06-29-2006 | 12:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by FastAcura
These people have no idea how hard it was watching Dickey Simpkins, Will Perdue, Michael Ruffin, Matt Maloney and Chris Antsey play for the Bulls back then.

The team had more white players than the Chicago Blackhawks...

Don't forget Eddie Robinson...he was useless.
And the worst was when Krause unloaded the only decent player in Brand for the right to draft Chandler.
Old 06-29-2006 | 08:59 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by iamhomin
David Stern should reset all roster and salary caps and start a "fantasy" draft to shake things up.

That is the only way the Knicks have a decent chance in being what they were a decade ago.
Knicks would still fuck that up. :troutslap
Old 06-29-2006 | 11:19 AM
04 remembrance

wtf

Let's just change the whole league around just to benefit the Knicks

Chicago was in an even worse spot 6 years ago.
Yes, anything for my Knicks
Old 06-29-2006 | 03:33 PM
Drifting

TYRUS THOMAS BITCHES

he better be good...and who is the other guy that got from the blazers?

and why did they want that thabo guy so badly
Old 06-29-2006 | 04:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by slayer202
TYRUS THOMAS BITCHES

Well, we already talked about Viktor Khryapa earlier in the thread...but, the Russian is supposedly good on D and can spell relief for Hinrich...
Old 06-29-2006 | 04:07 PM
Team Owner

TYRUS THOMAS BITCHES

Look who's back and just in time for some crow.
Old 06-29-2006 | 06:51 PM
Drifting

lol. i won't even argue with you. i have no excuse for the pathetic pistons. except that this was all a plot to get larry back in detroit and the spurs were forced to lose to dallas, and next year will be a rematch of last year lmao...
Old 06-29-2006 | 08:43 PM
Team Owner

Larry Brown back with the Pistons.
Old 07-03-2006 | 07:05 PM
Drifting

anyone have articles on big ben to chicago? there is an article on espn but it is insider only. can anyone post it here? thanks A LOT
Old 07-03-2006 | 08:00 PM
I

EC final, here we come.

Source: Ben Wallace leaving Pistons to sign with Bulls
By Chad Ford
ESPN Insider

For the last six years, Ben Wallace has been the face of the Detroit Pistons. No more.

Ben Wallace
Center
Detroit Pistons

2006 SEASON STATISTICS
GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
82 7.3 11.3 1.9 .510 .416

A league source told ESPN.com Monday night that Wallace has told the Pistons he has accepted an offer from the Chicago Bulls.

While exact details are unavailable, the offer is thought to be a four-year, $52 million deal.

A deal can't become official until July 12, when the salary cap is set for the 2006-07 season and exact contract values can be computed.

The move will come as a shock to Pistons fans who thought the chances Wallace would bolt from Detroit were slim to none.

The Pistons came out of the gate Saturday offering Wallace a whopping four-year, $48 million deal, but they told the four-time defensive player of the year that it was their final offer.

The signing clearly upgrades the Bulls' front court, albeit at an exorbitant price. The Bulls will have to use roughly $13.5 million of their projected $16.7 million in cap space to secure Wallace.

However, Wallace adds the veteran toughness and defensive presence the Bulls felt they lacked up front.

Look for the Bulls to now explore trade scenarios involving Tyson Chandler.

One potential opportunity, according to sources, is New Orleans, which is mulling a Chandler-for-P. J. Brown swap. Brown is in the last year of his contract, which would give the Bulls even more cap relief next season.

The Bulls also have explored Chandler trade scenarios with the Hawks (via an Al Harrington sign-and-trade) and the Warriors.

The move puts the Pistons in a difficult position.

They lose Wallace for nothing and don't have anything more than the $5.1 million mid-level exception to offer to potential replacements.

There are a few starting center-caliber free agents out there, such as Joel Przybilla and Nazr Mohammed, but none who can give the Pistons what Wallace did.

Instead, the Pistons may opt to beef up their backcourt and to move to a more up-tempo style with Rasheed Wallace at five and Antonio McDyess at the four.
Old 07-03-2006 | 08:05 PM
Team Owner

Nice pickup but still no offensive force down below and our big guy schools your new big guy one on one anyways. Doesn't Ben slow down your style of offense?
Old 07-03-2006 | 08:16 PM
I

Originally Posted by Doom878
Nice pickup but still no offensive force down below and our big guy schools your new big guy one on one anyways. Doesn't Ben slow down your style of offense?
Bulls never had any presence inside when it came to offense. But at least now they have some defensive presence inside as opposed to not having any presence on both ends. Ben and Thomas should be really fun to watch on both ends. I think they will complete each other. This is exactly what the Bulls needed in the Miami series. Ben and Tyrus Thomas >>>>>>>>> Mailk Allen and Sweetney. Adding the defensive player of the year to the best defense can only make them better.

Now they should get rid of that big Chandler contract.
Old 07-03-2006 | 08:23 PM
I

Makes me think, trading Chandler for Al Harrington will make the Bulls a contender in the east.
Old 07-03-2006 | 09:13 PM
Team Owner

I don't think they'd take out Miami but they will be better against other teams. Let Tyrus develop and your other guys mature more. Remember the inside presence of Eddy Curry helped last season so hopefully Tyrus can do the same. Of course you waited a while for Eddy.
Old 07-03-2006 | 09:18 PM
I

I don't think they'd take out Miami but they will be better against other teams. Let Tyrus develop and your other guys mature more. Remember the inside presence of Eddy Curry helped last season so hopefully Tyrus can do the same. Of course you waited a while for Eddy.
IMO the Bulls gave Miami the hardest time in the playoffs last (this) year. Keeping the core together and adding the defensive player of the year (4 of the last 5 seasons), a tall guard who can help Hinrich on defense, and one of the most athletic college players who will help on both ends makes a Bulls a lot stronger. It might not be just enough to beat the Heat, but they should be one of the top 3 teams in the east now.

Not to mention that Paxson is probably not done yet with trading.
Old 07-03-2006 | 09:43 PM
Team Owner

Why would Wallace, who already is owned by Shaq, help the Bulls to stop the Heat offense? How does his addition help the offense? I'm just trying to understand the move.

The Bulls penetration and shooting will give us problems again but I think it was more because Miami wasn't running on all cylinders like we did later on in the East and League Finals.
Old 07-03-2006 | 10:51 PM
Senior Moderator

about Big Ben going to Da Bulls...!
Old 07-04-2006 | 01:40 AM
Drifting

come on doom. shaq doesn't own ben. ben does a pretty good job against shaq for the most part. of course each of them will have their good games against each other. adding ben is a BIG deal IMO. I am in complete shock right now since I saw the news. If the heat keeps their whole team, gary payton and shaq I think will both lose a little off their game since they are getting old. I think this year the east will be at least as good as the west. The pistons should still be decent at worst, obviously the defending champs, the BULLS, the magic will be very good(darko, dwight, JJ, jameer), the nets will be their same selves + a few nice draft picks. those are 5 teams that potentially might have a shot at the title(ok, maybe less than 5, but you never know). in the west, you have dallas, san antonio, pheonix, and who else? I hope the lakers make some moves and get some more offense for kobe because he deserves it. I think the only team in the west and has a chance at the championship is the spurs. the rest of those teams, like dallas and the suns can't win a 7 game series. it is too long for their run and gun style. well, that is all, I am totally wasted and probably won't remember this post tomorrow and won't check back for a while, so hope all you guys are well. btw, has ABREECE sucked a cock yet?
Old 07-04-2006 | 02:12 AM
Senior Moderator

with Dirk going at Cuban, it looks like he will be gone, if he keeps this up.
Old 07-04-2006 | 02:13 AM
Senior Moderator

come on doom. shaq doesn't own ben. ben does a pretty good job against shaq for the most part. of course each of them will have their good games against each other. adding ben is a BIG deal IMO. I am in complete shock right now since I saw the news. If the heat keeps their whole team, gary payton and shaq I think will both lose a little off their game since they are getting old. I think this year the east will be at least as good as the west. The pistons should still be decent at worst, obviously the defending champs, the BULLS, the magic will be very good(darko, dwight, JJ, jameer), the nets will be their same selves + a few nice draft picks. those are 5 teams that potentially might have a shot at the title(ok, maybe less than 5, but you never know). in the west, you have dallas, san antonio, pheonix, and who else? I hope the lakers make some moves and get some more offense for kobe because he deserves it. I think the only team in the west and has a chance at the championship is the spurs. the rest of those teams, like dallas and the suns can't win a 7 game series. it is too long for their run and gun style. well, that is all, I am totally wasted and probably won't remember this post tomorrow and won't check back for a while, so hope all you guys are well. btw, has ABREECE sucked a cock yet?
the lakers did get Radmonivic from the clips
Old 07-04-2006 | 09:30 AM
fap fap fap

Originally Posted by asianspec
the lakers did get Radmonivic from the clips
ah yes, the guy who plays no defense and cries if he isnt a starter. plays good for 2 or 3 games in a row then disappears for the next 5. is 6'10" but doesnt block shots or rebound. great pickup by the lakers
Old 07-04-2006 | 11:18 AM
Drifting

when did the lakers get him? anyway, the guy can shoot so i think it will help clear up the court for kobe and he has someone he can dish to that can knock down shots
Old 07-05-2006 | 12:31 PM
Team Owner

I just got an email from nba.com that Nazr Mohammad is a Piston now. That's an interesting acquisition.
Old 07-05-2006 | 12:40 PM
Team Owner

come on doom. shaq doesn't own ben. ben does a pretty good job against shaq for the most part. of course each of them will have their good games against each other.
Shaq in the series against Detroit shot 55-84 or 65% which is above his season average. His worst game was Game 1, which we won, where he shot 6-12 for 50%.
Old 07-05-2006 | 12:41 PM
Team Owner

I also read that P.J. Brown might get traded to Chicago for Tyson Chandler. That was on espn.com but I kind of skimmed that headline so I don't know if anyone else is involved.
Old 07-05-2006 | 12:52 PM
I

Shaq in the series against Detroit shot 55-84 or 65% which is above his season average. His worst game was Game 1, which we won, where he shot 6-12 for 50%.

I can't believe that you're trying to argue that the addition of the defensive player of the year will not help. Chicago found some ways to contain Shaq in a few games, but the inside presence was always missing. Ben will not stop Shaq by himself. The whole team would have to work together. Wallace is just the last piece that was missing. In case you haven't notices, basketball is a team sport. One player cannot do everything, but everyone can do something.
Old 07-05-2006 | 01:04 PM
Race Director

So will Big Ben play C or PF on the Bulls? If C, we still need to get a better PF, cause Tyson stinks. If PF, then we still need to sign a better C.

Starter Reserve

Hinrich (Duhon)
Gordon (Sefolosha)
Thomas or Deng (Nocioni)
Chandler (Deng or Thomas)
Wallace (Sweetney)

Future 6th man award to Thabo Sefolosha
Old 07-05-2006 | 01:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

I think Ben Wallace is on the downside of his career..

in 2 years.. his contract will look a lot worse..
Old 07-05-2006 | 01:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

I think the trade is Chandler for PJ Brown and JR Smith..
Old 07-05-2006 | 02:14 PM
Team Owner

I can't believe that you're trying to argue that the addition of the defensive player of the year will not help. Chicago found some ways to contain Shaq in a few games, but the inside presence was always missing. Ben will not stop Shaq by himself. The whole team would have to work together. Wallace is just the last piece that was missing. In case you haven't notices, basketball is a team sport. One player cannot do everything, but everyone can do something.
I'm not saying it won't help. Yeah you guys are better but not good enough yet to be top 3 in the East as you stated earlier. I don't think that this was the last piece needed to overcome Miami as you also stated. But if you go back, I did say he'll help.

You keep saying he's an inside presence but you guys will still have a donut offense. At least Chandler can score but Ben obviously can't. If you get PJ Brown to start at PF in that Chandler trade or inconsistent Deng then that's not enough to keep defenses honest. You better hope that your perimeter shooters can create their own shots because nobody needs to worry about the middle in Chicago.
Old 07-05-2006 | 02:27 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

I think it's a good trade for Chicago but they need to keep Chandler, why trade a young guy who just needs a push for an old guy who can't play. I always thought Chandler just needed someone to motivate him. They also need bigger guards, you see that Gordon has difficulty against them and he isn't strong enough yet either. They will be better though with Wallace and his 2 ppg and 15 rpg average
Old 07-05-2006 | 02:29 PM
Team Owner

Oops Deng is a SF. Who backs up PJ then? Sweetney?
Old 07-05-2006 | 02:31 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by CL Platano
I think it's a good trade for Chicago but they need to keep Chandler, why trade a young guy who just needs a push for an old guy who can't play. I always thought Chandler just needed someone to motivate him. They also need bigger guards, you see that Gordon has difficulty against them and he isn't strong enough yet either. They will be better though with Wallace and his 2 ppg and 15 rpg average
15? He hasn't done that since 02-03 season. He's down to the 11's.
Old 07-05-2006 | 02:33 PM
I

I'm not saying it won't help. Yeah you guys are better but not good enough yet to be top 3 in the East as you stated earlier. I don't think that this was the last piece needed to overcome Miami as you also stated. But if you go back, I did say he'll help.

You keep saying he's an inside presence but you guys will still have a donut offense. At least Chandler can score but Ben obviously can't. If you get PJ Brown to start at PF in that Chandler trade or inconsistent Deng then that's not enough to keep defenses honest. You better hope that your perimeter shooters can create their own shots because nobody needs to worry about the middle in Chicago.

Have you seen any Chicago games? Chandler can score? Didn't Ben average more points that Chandler? I think Wallace had more blocks per game in the playoffs than Chandler had points. Even without Wallace the Bulls would be a better team next season than they were this year simply because of the experince all these young guys are getting. And maybe it's not that "Miami wasn't running on all cylinders" maybe it's the fact that the Bulls had the best defense during the regular season why the Heat had a hard time against the heavy underdogs. What other team could contain Wade as well as the Bulls? Honestly, I don't think you've ever seen any Bulls games. Because if you did, you wouldn't be talking about perimeter shooters having to create their own shots. Chicago had 0 inside scoring last season. Chandler is nothing but a overpaid underachiever. Ben is better than him on both ends (as bad as that may sound.)

It's just a matter of time. I can't wait for the first game against Miami.
Old 07-05-2006 | 03:29 PM
Team Owner

Tyson career average is 7 PPG with a 51% FG% while Ben has a lower 6.6 PPG/48%. Either way neither won't score much so it's irrelevant. You'll have the same donut offense as before.

You make it sound like they can win it all with just little guys offensively. You guys were a freaking 7 seed with a .500 record so get real. Maybe if you had inside scoring, you wouldn't be a barely making the playoffs 7 seed. Maybe you'll be a 6 seed.

And where are you getting that Chicago had the best regular season defense? Miami had the best FG% defense and Detroit had the best PPG defense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statis...alse&split=999

Oh and I can't wait to knock you guys out of the playoffs AGAIN.
Old 07-05-2006 | 03:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Tyson career average is 7 PPG with a 51% FG% while Ben has a lower 6.6 PPG/48%. Either way neither won't score much so it's irrelevant. You'll have the same donut offense as before.

You make it sound like they can win it all with just little guys offensively. You guys were a freaking 7 seed with a .500 record so get real. Maybe if you had inside scoring, you wouldn't be a barely making the playoffs 7 seed. Maybe you'll be a 6 seed.

And where are you getting that Chicago had the best regular season defense? Miami had the best FG% defense and Detroit had the best PPG defense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statis...alse&split=999

Oh and I can't wait to knock you guys out of the playoffs AGAIN.

really...what position on the heat do you play?
Old 07-05-2006 | 03:46 PM
Team Owner

BTW, this conversation is moot since it's like 2 days into free agency.
Old 07-05-2006 | 03:57 PM
I

I have no idea where ESPN is coming up with those numbers, but the Chicago FG defense % was .426 during the regular season.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/stats/2005/index.html

You did beat "us" last year, but don't forget that this team is still growing together and learning. Adding a piece here and there, and you have a much better team. The heat were nowhere near being contenders before Shaq came.

And as far as the record, I wouldn't say that the record or the seed really shows what the Bulls were really capable off. They won 12 of the last 14 games during the regular season. I would have rather seen them play the pistons instead of the heat (8th instead of 7th seed)
Old 07-05-2006 | 04:04 PM
Team Owner

I have no idea where ESPN is coming up with those numbers, but the Chicago FG defense % was .426 during the regular season.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/stats/2005/index.html
Where are you getting .426? It says .464 for Opponents FG% just like ESPN.

You did beat "us" last year, but don't forget that this team is still growing together and learning. Adding a piece here and there, and you have a much better team. The heat were nowhere near being contenders before Shaq came.
Some seem to disagree that Shaq didn't make them contenders.

And as far as the record, I wouldn't say that the record or the seed really shows what the Bulls were really capable off. They won 12 of the last 14 games during the regular season. I would have rather seen them play the pistons instead of the heat (8th instead of 7th seed)
That's why they play 82 games.

Quick Reply: NBA Discussion Thread