Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

College Football: 2010 Season Discussion Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 01:11 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
btw i think USC is gonna get raped in the conference games. I predict my team to go 4-8 this season.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Карты убийцы

Received 125 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by invisiblewar
I see the BCS games going like this

NC- Bama vs Oregon
Rose- Boise vs OSU
Orange- Miami vs Pitt/WVU
Sugar- Florida/South Carolina vs Iowa/Michigan
Fiesta- TCU vs Nebraska
Thanks for giving South Carolina a tip of the hat... I am still worried about Furman this weekend. The Chicken Curse means you win games you are supposed to lose and lose game you are supposed to win.

Maybe the Baseball championship did something to the curse.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Banned

Received 960 Likes on 593 Posts
Originally Posted by JS + MS3
^ dude. seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?

he's happy, can you just let him be happy? did he say anything like JMU is the best in the country? No.

His team won a pretty tough game, and he's happy about that. is it wrong? is this really a SEC college football thread? Should we make other thread for each fking conference? stop being a jackass
The AP poll is full of retards. Sorry, but it's true. Awesome for JMU, but let's start drug screening the AP pollsters. South Carolina had an unreasonable jump, UNC had an unreasonable drop (after the LSU game)...

I'm not that in love with the <del>Coaches</del> Graduate Assistant's poll either.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:56 PM
I drive a Subata.

I never understood any of those fking polls anyway. Hate the current system. I just enjoy watching the games, that's all.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:57 PM
I drive a Subata.

If my team wins, I'm very happy.

If my team loses, I'm unhappy for like 30 minutes, and I'm alright.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts
Stanford killed UCLA at the Rose Bowl. Offense looks good, defense looks solid. Oregon still looks like the class of the Pac-10 so far.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Making it Happen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CocheseUGA
The AP poll is full of retards. Sorry, but it's true. Awesome for JMU, but let's start drug screening the AP pollsters. South Carolina had an unreasonable jump, UNC had an unreasonable drop (after the LSU game)...

I'm not that in love with the <del>Coaches</del> Graduate Assistant's poll either.
Agreed, SC at 16? They have 2 playmakers, their RB and their WR Jeffries. Find any team that has a shutdown cover corner and good run D and south carolina loses.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Карты убийцы

Originally Posted by Renegade
Agreed, SC at 16? They have 2 playmakers, their RB and their WR Jeffries. Find any team that has a shutdown cover corner and good run D and south carolina loses.
I know you don't watch South Carolina football and can only name those mentioned on SportsCenter, but we also having playmakers of Lanning (punter/kicker) CBs of Culliver and Gilmore and the entire defense, Gurley (6'5") another WR, Garcia (QB) and a good backup QB (Shaw). Also his name is Jeffrey and not "Jeffries."

But I hope teams keep underrating us and let us fly below the radar. When we pop-up in Atlanta in December... well, I'll going ahead and supply the excuses: "they had a soft schedule, we were injuried, everyone gets lucky every now and then, etc.."
Old 09-13-2010, 05:23 PM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by JS + MS3
^ dude. seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?

he's happy, can you just let him be happy? did he say anything like JMU is the best in the country? No.

His team won a pretty tough game, and he's happy about that. is it wrong? is this really a SEC college football thread? Should we make other thread for each fking conference? stop being a jackass

boo...

seriously.. its football.. talk a little crap and quit being a whiny-ass.. nobody needs a daddy in here. if you cant handle somebody else's team being verbally trashed on in here, you should probably find your way to the home and garden section...

im not sure why you brought SEC into this.. if i compared his team to SEC could you please refer me to that post? or were you just looking for something to justify your meaningless rant?

Originally Posted by cmschmie
Rockstar's reasoning is:
SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC!!!!

But Alabama is an SEC team. They don't lose to anybody except other SEC teams. Please tell me how this happens kind sir.
fuggin....

well, i can tell you that LA monroe, IS a southern team.. so you know the talent is there

Originally Posted by South Jersey CL
WE'RE GOING TO THE BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP WE'RE GONNA BEAT BAMA FLORIDA OSU TEXAS EVERYONE WATCH OUT FBS HERE COMES JAMES MADISON!!!!

douche.

hoo..

grow some cajones bud.. football has started.. im not gonna sugarcoat any of my opinions for you, or your butt-buddies up there... deal with it.

did i say your team didnt deserve to win? no.. i said they are retarded for giving them votes to be ranked... its my opinion. and obviously the opinion of the rest of the voters otherwise they would be ranked...

Originally Posted by nbennettksu
You do know App State DID win the National Championship that year, right (Div 1AA)?
the NC that i was referring to was where the big boys play... if your referring to the minor leagues... yes, they are a powerhouse. i give credit, where credit is due.

the comment was about how they got over hyped in BCS standings... not how they fared in their respective class. get it right.

Last edited by Rockstar21; 09-13-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:48 PM
The Dumb One

on a wtf note.

LSU got promoted to 12th in two polls after saturday... which is a joke...
the people controlling these polls need to be kicked in the nutsack.

winning should not automatically = advancement in the polls.

im not even sure they should be ranked after watching the first 2 games...
Old 09-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Making it Happen

Originally Posted by Professor
I know you don't watch South Carolina football and can only name those mentioned on SportsCenter, but we also having playmakers of Lanning (punter/kicker) CBs of Culliver and Gilmore and the entire defense, Gurley (6'5") another WR, Garcia (QB) and a good backup QB (Shaw). Also his name is Jeffrey and not "Jeffries."

But I hope teams keep underrating us and let us fly below the radar. When we pop-up in Atlanta in December... well, I'll going ahead and supply the excuses: "they had a soft schedule, we were injuried, everyone gets lucky every now and then, etc.."
Well there is no doubt you do have a soft schedule for the SEC. A punter/kicker isn't a playmaker but they are important. I already know you have a good defense, I was talking primarily on offense, and Garcia has not been and is still not good, he's an average QB.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Making it Happen

Originally Posted by Rockstar21
on a wtf note.

LSU got promoted to 12th in two polls after saturday... which is a joke...
the people controlling these polls need to be kicked in the nutsack.

winning should not automatically = advancement in the polls.

im not even sure they should be ranked after watching the first 2 games...
What's even funnier is how their QB Jefferson is in the running for the heisman...
Old 09-13-2010, 06:09 PM
The Dumb One

What's even funnier is how their QB Jefferson is in the running for the heisman...
not in our eyes, trust me...

he's on the verge of being boo'd every time he hits the field... (although the alternative wouldnt exactly be a step up)

the kid has talent, but doesnt put it to use.
and i kind of feel bad for him b/c he doesnt have a competent coach to guide him.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Карты убийцы

Well there is no doubt you do have a soft schedule for the SEC.
It ain't Boise St, but Georgia (ranked), Auburn (ranked), Alabama (big ranked), Arkansas (ranked), and Florida (ranked). Yep soft schedule.

Five of our games against ranked teams...

Florida (as of today): LSU (ranked), Alabama (big ranked), and South Carolina (ranked).

Three of your games against ranked teams...

What schedule is soft?
Old 09-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Banned

You just named any SEC team, though. And be consistent, use the rankings at the beginning of the season, since we don't know who will be ranked at what point.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Карты убийцы

I called them as currently played and potentially played...

BTW, I'm on your ignore list. Go back to your Craig's listing in general ramblings.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:03 AM
Banned

You honestly aren't worth the time to even ignore. Plus, my kids need the laughs.

Craig's listing? WTF are you on this time?
Old 09-14-2010, 06:29 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
Interesting conversation fellas.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:45 AM
Banned

Purely lulz.

Reading Mandel's column, I think people may be putting a bit too much into Lattimore's day Saturday. Saying he broke a ton of tackles. People, if you've seen a Georgia game over the last few years, there's one thing we can't do - tackle. He had a very impressive day, but I'd like to see the same effort against a defense that's versed in wrapping someone up. It's not something we do real well, and people should have known that coming in. Credit to Visor Tosser #1 for knowing that and giving him the rock 500 times.

I also don't have any idea why we can't seem to recruit DBs that are over 5'5". Shit, I'm taller than some of us.

Hopefully, Green's case will be decided by the end of the day on Wednesday. Need him for Arkansas, no doubt.

Since last Saturday was Monster Saturday, is this one going to be Letdown Saturday? Only one or two games that might bring me inside. Iowa @ Arizona, Nebraska @ Washington are the highlights, I suppose.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:31 AM
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Well there is no doubt you do have a soft schedule for the SEC. A punter/kicker isn't a playmaker but they are important. I already know you have a good defense, I was talking primarily on offense, and Garcia has not been and is still not good, he's an average QB.
It ain't Boise St, but Georgia (ranked), Auburn (ranked), Alabama (big ranked), Arkansas (ranked), and Florida (ranked). Yep soft schedule.

Five of our games against ranked teams...

Florida (as of today): LSU (ranked), Alabama (big ranked), and South Carolina (ranked).

Three of your games against ranked teams...

What schedule is soft?
Schedules are about even IMO, maybe a slight edge to USCe..

Both teams play Alabama & UGA.
USCe plays Auburn & Arkansas from the SEC West
Florida plays LSU & Miss. St. from the SEC West

I think Auburn & Arkansas are tougher than LSU & MSU, so slight edge to USCe.

USCe plays Clemson at the end of the season
Florida plays FSU at the end of the season

I think Clemson will be a little better by year end, but FSU will close strong, so slight edge to USCe.

JMO
Old 09-14-2010, 07:53 AM
Making it Happen

Fair enough on SC schedule, I'm still going to say they don't have enough playmakers on the offense if they play a potent offense that can also play D.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Bent = #1

Lattimore under investigation.. uh-oh Professor! Yes I know it's fake

http://www.corelogics.com/lattimoreb...wgbeating.html

Sept 13, 2010

COLUMBIA—The Humane Society of Georgia today released a statement in reaction to the news that Marcus Lattimore, Running Back of the University of South Carolina Gamecocks, is being investigated for alleged animal abuse.

Yesterday, a search warrant was issued for a property owned by Lattimore, in Columbia,SC. According to reports, law enforcement authorities discovered dawgs in a state of apparent confusion, anger, and pain. The Georgia Animal Abuse Taskforce was on the scene. Officers discovered up to 80 dawgs, several with wounds believed to be from cock fighting, according to sources. Authorities allege that on at least 37 different occasions, Lattimore has engaged in beating and torturing dawgs, including multiple instances of running over, and even dragging dawgs behind him as he runs.

"The Humane Society of Georgia has heard troubling reports for some time that Lattimore has been involved in organized dawg beating, and we fear that this investigation may validate that very disturbing allegation," said Wayne Pacelle, president and CEO of The Humane Society of Georgia. "We urge law enforcement to aggressively investigate this matter, and we further believe that anyone who continuously beats dawgs deserves to be fully prosecuted for their crimes. Dawg beating is a barbaric activity that causes immense player, coach, and fan suffering and fosters sorrow in our Georgia communities. We urge any concerned citizens to go to GamecockCentral.com for more information.“

The Humane Society of the United States is the nation's largest animal protection organization – backed by 10 million Americans, or one of every 30. For more than a half-century, The HSUS has been fighting for the protection of all animals through advocacy, education, and hands-on programs. Celebrating animals and confronting cruelty -- On the web at humanesociety.org.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Bent = #1

Fair enough on SC schedule, I'm still going to say they don't have enough playmakers on the offense if they play a potent offense that can also play D.
We'll see how they do against us (Auburn). If our D plays like it does against MSU then we should beat USCe. I think USCe can have back to back losses to Auburn & Alabama..
Old 09-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Living the Dream

Received 130 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by hornyleprechaun

Come on Horny, I thought you were better than this.

Lattimore already has his name engraved on the Heisman and the Crystal Football is on it's way to Columbia, or Tuscaloosa, or Gaysville, or Baton Rou...okay not Baton Rouge.

SEC SEC SEC SEC
Old 09-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Banned

The only thing we hate more than other conferences is each other.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Карты убийцы

You bastard.

You got me for a minute... my heart skipped a beat as this is the first thing I've read on the net this morning.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Карты убийцы

We'll see how they do against us (Auburn). If our D plays like it does against MSU then we should beat USCe. I think USCe can have back to back losses to Auburn & Alabama..
I not doubting your prediction one bit. Auburn will be tough. The only three good things about the Bama game is: 1) we have a bye week before that game, 2) it's a home game, and 3) Bama only beat us by 14 points last year (Florida lost by 19 in the SECCG).

We got to take care of Furman first... take them early and rest some starters.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:17 PM
Bent = #1

I not doubting your prediction one bit. Auburn will be tough. The only three good things about the Bama game is: 1) we have a bye week before that game, 2) it's a home game, and 3) Bama only beat us by 14 points last year (Florida lost by 19 in the SECCG).

We got to take care of Furman first... take them early and rest some starters.
The only problem with your match-up against Alabama is you are a better rushing team than passing team, but Alabama's rush defense is better than its pass defense. If Garcia can complete some passes to open up the run then I expect South Carolina to score.

Giles will be able to shut down Julio, but you'll have to stop the run, which is doable.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Making it Happen

Rainey arrested, I wonder if they go with unknown Robert Clark in the slot now, a small shifty player who runs a 4.3
Old 09-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Banned

Rainey arrested, I wonder if they go with unknown Robert Clark in the slot now, a small shifty player who runs a 4.3
Maybe he'll get suspended for a whole quarter.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Making it Happen

Originally Posted by CocheseUGA
Maybe he'll get suspended for a whole quarter.
He's kicked off team indefinitely...I wasn't that convinced with him as a WR to be honest, rather see hines/debose/clark get more playing time
Old 09-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Meat stick

Received 229 Likes on 97 Posts
I'm not a reg. contributor here, but thought this the best place for my rant.

FUCKING CSU

They always prop me up with hopes of another MWC title.....and as of the end of week 2 of the CFB season, they are the ONLY Div-I team to have not scored a touchdown.

Feck.

/rant
Old 09-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
Old 09-15-2010, 01:49 AM
an asshole from florida

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I wasnt too sold on rainey either. His freshman year him and demps were sick but it seems that demps has improved while he has just stayed the same. I would like to see more of our other players take that spot. Im still pissed that debose has barely got any play time
Old 09-16-2010, 07:37 AM
i heart latin chicks

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts
Giles will be able to shut down Julio, but you'll have to stop the run, which is doable.
You really think SC can stop Ingram or even Richardson? The only team last year to contain Ingram was your Auburn Tigers; thankfully, Richardson rushed for over 100.

Keep in mind, BOTH Richardson and Ingram were over 1000 yard rushers. They've only gotten better. SC has no chance to stop the run.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:45 AM
Bent = #1

Originally Posted by nbennettksu
You really think SC can stop Ingram or even Richardson? The only team last year to contain Ingram was your Auburn Tigers; thankfully, Richardson rushed for over 100.

Keep in mind, BOTH Richardson and Ingram were over 1000 yard rushers. They've only gotten better. SC has no chance to stop the run.
Richardson is a better back, but he can be stopped. USCe will have to stop the run and make McElroy beat them. The only game he's really stepped up was the SECCG last year. Besides that he's been average at best.

USC gave up 63 rushing yards to UGA, so they can stop the run.. They'll just have to do it against some better RBs.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:52 AM
Banned

Have to remember we were missing our top back, and we didn't allow our frosh QB to make any plays. The playbook was extremely limited.

Not comparable, IMO.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Making it Happen

Stopping Ingram and Richardson not going to happen, doesn't mean a team can't beat Alabama...they'll just have to score more
Old 09-16-2010, 09:40 AM
i heart latin chicks

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts
The team to beat Alabama, if its going to happen, will be Arkansas. Last week, Penn St exposed Alabamas weaker area, the secondary. If Penn St had a somewhat decent QB, that would have been a different game. Alabama got very lucky with Penn St's poor decision-making by the QB.

We've seen Arkansas has the potential to make it a long day for Alabama fans...
Old 09-16-2010, 10:21 AM
Bent = #1

Professor I'm sure you already thought Clemson fans were weird, but..

"In the game-winning situations Coach Swinney puts us kickers in, everyone is standing around you and screaming," Catanzaro said of practice. "Usually some of the defensive linemen are stroking the long-snapper's leg while he's about to snap it, in some cases they've taken off his shoe."
:ghey:

Quick Reply: College Football: 2010 Season Discussion Thread