Southeast Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina & Tennessee

** Official Charlotte Area Chat Thread **

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
YAYYYY!

Wait. No homo.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
:theghey:

Alex, I'll have to check out your pics at home since they're blocked at work. The specs on the wheels sound good, though .

As for Saturday, I'm up in the air as to whether I'll make C&C or meet up with whoever's around in the afternoon. I'm leaning towards going to C&C right now...depends how the next couple of days go.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:11 AM

Received 9,496 Likes on 6,168 Posts
I'm trying to make this an all day thing. I'm not waking up at the ass crack of dawn to drive 2 hours, stay 3 hours, and then drive home

I would love to drive over the night before but I'm not trying to spend money for a hotel room.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Under construction

Originally Posted by chill_dog
:theghey:

Alex, I'll have to check out your pics at home since they're blocked at work. The specs on the wheels sound good, though .

As for Saturday, I'm up in the air as to whether I'll make C&C or meet up with whoever's around in the afternoon. I'm leaning towards going to C&C right now...depends how the next couple of days go.
Thanks Jack, took me a while to find the right rims I actually bought them off a guy who lives like 5 miles from me!

I'm trying to make this an all day thing. I'm not waking up at the ass crack of dawn to drive 2 hours, stay 3 hours, and then drive home

I would love to drive over the night before but I'm not trying to spend money for a hotel room.
Hey Tyler, zMax dragway is open if you guys want to hang out there at some point. They close at 6pm so we could stop by if anyone wants to. I believe it's $40 to get in. I guess we can decide what to do once everyone gets together.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:19 PM
*WFC #162*

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We all know that ain't the reason why
Old 03-03-2010, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by alexSU
hahaha and believe me your car looks way better then mine right now. my rims aren't on yet, no lip kit, stupid springs and the atlp exhaust is sticking out like 5 inches without the lip lol

but hey, mine might sound just as good as some of the cars out there not ferrari exotic but pretty good for a 4 door family sedan lol
My car? Haaaaaaaa. Yea right. The only thing I really have on you is the A-Spec kit. And I only have the sides and the rear on

I really can't wait to hear it man
Old 03-03-2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by BoBByLiGhT83
We all know that ain't the reason why
Well then what is the reason why? Mitzi isn't coming with me this time. Shocking I know.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Aired Out TLS

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
Dont want to be the only 2g at c&c this sat...*FARTS* I might bring my friend, Stinking lincoln with spinners, lol...
Old 03-03-2010, 12:38 PM

Nothing wrong with that! You can bring your friend, but he can't bring his car
Old 03-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Aired Out TLS

Hehe, he thinks he's cool cause he got a silver one, like my ssm...lols.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Under construction

My car? Haaaaaaaa. Yea right. The only thing I really have on you is the A-Spec kit. And I only have the sides and the rear on

I really can't wait to hear it man
haha oh yea the retarted TL jk man , no worries by summertime we should have out TL's completed it's all a matter of time
Old 03-03-2010, 01:45 PM

Tell him that Lincoln's are for elderly people, no matter what color they are.

And I wanted to discuss the Raleigh meet with everybody here. I've been having a TERRIBLE time trying to make reservations for lunch and such. I called Wild Wing Cafe and they don't take reservations. Since I was thinking of something in Briar Creek, I thought about Red Robin! Everybody likes a good burger, it's relatively cheap, and family friendly if anybody brings theirs. I called earlier and awaiting a call back from the general manager. Usually they don't allow reservations, but I told them I was expecting 15-30 people to show up, so they said they would be more than glad to do that for us

Don't get me wrong, standing around outside and talking about our cars is fun, but not everybody likes doing that. I decided that we should go to Frankies Fun Park! Going here would give everybody a good chance to hang out and drool over the cars, but not feel obligated to stay in that one spot and talk to people if they don't want to. You can't go wrong with arcade games, go-karts, putt putt, laser tag, and batting cages

Never heard of Frankies? Want pricing info and such? Check out this link:

http://www.frankiesfunpark.com/raleigh/attractions/

I wanted to book a group price, but with not knowing exactly how many people will be coming, and Frankies requiring a deposit, I opted not to. I WILL be calling soon to see if they can block off part of the parking lot for us. It's a long shot, but I'm hoping it works out. So far I'm not too impressed with their customer service. My girlfriend and I have been there multiple times, but I've called 3 different days and also sent multiple e-mails to the group coordinator and haven't heard shit back.

I'm looking at Saturday April 24 for all of this to go down. Lunch would be at noon. Frankies would be whenever.

Comments? Suggestions?

Also, if everybody decides they would rather do lunch and skip Frankies, Briar Creek has a HUGE Wal-Mart parking lot where we could park and chill.

Let me know what you guys think. The sooner the better
Old 03-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Under construction

Sounds great Tyler, I'm down with Frankies after lunch. And red robin is delicious!
Old 03-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now don't make me bring the new G up there and whoop some azz! haha

Damn I need to change my avatar I just realized!

Jack you pulled out in right in front of me the other day and sat 1 car ahead of me at the light on John J. Delaney.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

I did? Couldn't have been me...I haven't been down that way in forever. In fact, I know JJD is in Ballantyne, but I have no idea where LOL. I was down that way at the beginning of January .
Old 03-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

That Frankie's place sounds like a lot of fun (link blocked at work), but they don't seem very customer service oriented. Granted, most groups have known numbers and known dates/times, but still. Lunch wherever is fine.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by chill_dog
That Frankie's place sounds like a lot of fun (link blocked at work), but they don't seem very customer service oriented. Granted, most groups have known numbers and known dates/times, but still. Lunch wherever is fine.
Trust me, it's a lot of fun! It's a huge place with plenty to do. Plus it's rather new, so it's not ugly and nasty looking. The go-karts are really fast and the track is huge. There are 3 different paths for the putt putt as well. There is plenty to do.

I just wish somebody there would act like they want my business. I emailed them over a week ago and called both today and yesterday. So wack.

Even though it seems like management is fucking up, the actual people out on the floor working with customers are really nice (at least the ones I've dealt with).
Old 03-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Soon I will have

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Alright my charlotte peeps, here is a small preview of a few additions to my car sorry for the crappy iPhone pics but that's all I got for now. Just a preview, enjoy!

The exhaust is already on the car and sounds sexy as hell!!

This is the rear, going on the car in a few weeks. Need to get them refinished in a custom color they are HRE 540R 19x9 +24 and 19x10 +25

All comments welcome and will be taken into consideration lol later guys.
Dam Alex, your modding is coming along huh?? I can't wait to hear your set up and see those rims. Gonna be super nice
Old 03-03-2010, 09:04 PM
10th Gear

Newbie in Raleigh... You guys meeting in Raleigh it looks like soon. Do you need an invite to attend?
Old 03-03-2010, 10:01 PM

Welcome AcuraHeel! Good looking NBP Type-S in your avatar

You don't need an invite whatsoever. I'm Tyler and I'm in charge of getting a meet set up in Raleigh. Once I get all of my shit together and these damn places call me back, I'll make an official meet thread in the general Southeast section where this thread is.

I hope you can make it!
Old 03-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Middle Finger anyone?

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Keep me updated Tyler. It'd be cool to take a drive that way. By the way. Your car looks nice now with the A-spec kit.

And Alex got some wheels and some high dolla exhaust! You guys must have gotten killer tax refunds. I am only getting $35 back.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:28 PM

Hola! Will do.

I would love to go ahead and make a thread for this, but these fucking places are struggling on calling me back
Old 03-04-2010, 07:47 AM
Under construction

Originally Posted by golfjwr
Dam Alex, your modding is coming along huh?? I can't wait to hear your set up and see those rims. Gonna be super nice
Thanks Jessie! I'm slowly working my way up I got the sound I wanted now it's time for looks

Are you planning to lower you car before the meet?

Originally Posted by AcuraHeel
Newbie in Raleigh... You guys meeting in Raleigh it looks like soon. Do you need an invite to attend?
Come on down man Always good to meet new people.

Originally Posted by NCTL05
Keep me updated Tyler. It'd be cool to take a drive that way. By the way. Your car looks nice now with the A-spec kit.

And Alex got some wheels and some high dolla exhaust! You guys must have gotten killer tax refunds. I am only getting $35 back.
Haha yeah the tax refund helped

Hola! Will do.

I would love to go ahead and make a thread for this, but these fucking places are struggling on calling me back
It's cool Tyler, you still have some time left Sounds like a really nice place too, too bad customer service is at the bottom of their list.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Advanced

Congrats on the new ride! I haven't really checked out the new TSX so I'm looking forward to it
Thanks! I've been very impressed with the new gen TSX. I actually had an IS250 for six months...didn't like it. Mid-range torque has improved considerably; much more drivable around town. Of course, Acura interiors are first class.

Looking forward to meeting the Acura folks. Do you guys normally park together or wherever you find a spot?
Old 03-04-2010, 09:47 PM

haha oh yea the retarted TL jk man , no worries by summertime we should have out TL's completed it's all a matter of time
Actually I have an update! I bought the front A-Spec lip from the BM yesterday! It should be here the middle of next week

But yes, it will be the retarted TL on Saturday

After I get the lip on, I want to be done with my car for a while. In the last 4 months I've blacked out my headlights, painted my grill, painted my calipers, dropped on TEINs, and now the full A-Spec kit. I want to drive it the way it is and enjoy it for the way it is. Of course I have more plans but I'm going to try to put them on hold for a while. Save up some money for a change. It's going to be hard but beneficial I think.

Originally Posted by onthelimit
Thanks! I've been very impressed with the new gen TSX. I actually had an IS250 for six months...didn't like it. Mid-range torque has improved considerably; much more drivable around town. Of course, Acura interiors are first class.

Looking forward to meeting the Acura folks. Do you guys normally park together or wherever you find a spot?
A good friend of mine had a IS250 and I honestly wasn't impressed. It was slow and I felt like my nuts were on the dashboard because it was so small. But then again maybe I was just used to my TL

We all usually park together. Not by model or anything, but rather as a group of Acuras. I'm sure we will all meet up and talk about each others cars and then end up walking around and drooling at all of the other sick ass rides there
Old 03-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Pro

From the ATL here but i was wondering what exact date is the big meet in Charlotte. I heard its at the end of this month am i correct??? So far if everything goes right i will be riding up with a STI 2 AP2's one of them boosted and maybe another TL or so.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:00 PM
*WFC #162*

Originally Posted by pearlite TL
From the ATL here but i was wondering what exact date is the big meet in Charlotte. I heard its at the end of this month am i correct??? So far if everything goes right i will be riding up with a STI 2 AP2's one of them boosted and maybe another TL or so.
Your correct. It's March 27th at Eurowise in Charlotte. I'm one of the guys that set up this meet. So your gonna roll with the S2Kjay and his crew?
Old 03-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Pro

i am thinking his name is Jay not too sure. I know the black guy (Witty i think his name is ) that drives the red S2k that is boosted with the gold Works. If everything goes as planned i will be riding up there with them.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:29 PM

Okay so I'm about to bitch more than a pregnant woman who can't get their craving right this very second. Ahem....

Let me first say that I'm sorry I haven't gotten my shit together when it comes to the meet going down next month. I'm not trying to make excuses, but I've been having some health related issues personally and also with my family. Yes I'm on here everyday, it's sort of my escape from everything.

I've been shooting for April 28th, the last Saturday of the month, for this meet. I've talked to multiple people from the Charlotte, Raleigh, and VA crews about attending and they are all willing to drive to make this. Over the last 3 weeks I have called multiple places to set up this meet. Wild Wing Cafe, a favorite meet spot for the few of us Raleigh area guys, turned down my idea of having everybody there. They don't take any reservations. EVER. So I said okay fine, I'll go somewhere else. I called Red Robin which is in the same shopping center as they are, and the lady was as nice as could be. She said that she would get back to me asap after she talked to the GM. 3 weeks later and I haven't heard anything. I know that everybody doesn't like standing around and talking about cars all day, so I thought going somewhere that provides some sort of outside entertainment would be great! Especially for those who are bringing family members, significant others, etc. Frankies, which is sort of like Adventure Landing, has two go-kart tracks, laser tag, 3 putt-putt courses, mini bowling, and tons of arcade games fit my requirements for this meet. I e-mailed the "group coordinator" and said the following:

"Good afternoon!

My name is Tyler and I'm hoping to bring a medium sized group to the Raleigh location Frankies on Saturday April 24.

I am part of an online Acura forum, acurazine.com, and I have been put in charge of organizing a car meet. A few times a year, members from North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, and South Carolina get together to have lunch, talk about the cars, and overall have a good time. Instead of standing around and talking all afternoon like we have in the meets past, I thought it would be great to bring everybody to Frankies so we all could spread out and do whatever we wanted. I've been to the Raleigh location multiple times with my girlfriend and we both had a blast, therefore I thought this was a great idea for a large group of car enthusiasts and their families.

Anyways, my questions are the following:

1-I'm expecting between roughly 15 and 30 cars, 15-40 people, to attend this meet. Is there a section of the parking lot that could be blocked off for our cars only? If not, is there a private lot where we all could park together?
2-I have looked over your group pricing ($25 pp, $20 pp, and $15 pp) on the Frankies website. Are there more options than that?
3-Most of the attendees will be coming from out of state. Is it necessary to put down a deposit for the group? How much is typically acceptable?
4-Are there designated "group times" in which we are allowed to be there?
5-Should I come and talk to a manager in person so there aren't any questions unanswered?

Sorry this inquiry was somewhat lengthy, but please get back to me whenever you can!

Thank you!

-Tyler M."

That was sent on the 23rd. I called the group booking center both Wednesday and Thursday of last week and nobody answered the phone. March 5, I finally get a response:

"Hi Tyler,
I was following up with you since my last email.
If you are going to do this Acura Car Meet, we need to get in contact & plan things, we can't have you just showing up on the 24th.
Please call me when you get a chance to discuss things.
Thanks,
Chaz
919-433-7899
Manager"

"We can't have you just showing up on the 24th?" Excuse me? Is that the tone you should be having towards somebody who wants to bring 25+ people into your establishment? Are you kidding? I understand it gets busy and I respect that, but I felt as if the tone of his e-mail was a little too tense for my liking. After a little cool down session, I replied:

"Chaz,

Thank you for the email back. I tried calling your establishment both Tuesday and Wednesday to talk about setting this up and recieved no answer. I was planning on making the trip up there from my home in Cary but some personal issues came up.

I'll call you sometime Monday afternoon to discuss things with you. If you have a chance, go to www.acurazine.com and look around. Pretty much this meet will have Acura owners and their families coming in from the Raleigh area, Charlotte, Virginia, and Maryland. Incase you are worried about racing around and such, there won't be any. We don't consider this as play time, but rather a casual social time to kick back and discuss the cars and such. I thought coming to Frankies would be great with those members bringing family. Both my girlfriend and I have been to your establishment multiple times and have had a great time.

Please plan for me to call Monday afternoon around 2 or 3 to discuss this in full detail. I'll gladly drive and meet with you in person if needed.

Thanks!

-Tyler

Sent from Tyler's iPhone"

Yesterday I got this back:

"Please call me Monday afternoon.
I spoke to the Park Manager & he confirmed what I mentioned earlier, that we will have no room for any extra cars for a "car show type of event".
I would recommend calling the Durham Rescue Mission next door & see if you can use their parking lot.
It's pretty large & can probably handle your request.
We'd like your business here at Frankie's, just keep in mind parking is an issue on the weekends here & we can't block off any areas.
I'll be glad to set up group park packages & a food package for the restaurant.
If you'd like to come in Monday to discuss things, that'll be fine too.
Thanks,
Chaz
264-7075"

No room for extra cars for a "car show type of event"? You want me to go next door, park, and then walk my ass to your place to spend my money? I'm sorry but kiss my while pale ass. I'm not going to call somewhere else so I can park there and then walk. What does it matter if we all have the same kind of car and park all together? How is that different than 30 Siennas, Odysseys, and other vagina-mobiles parked next to each other? Does he not think that the other business won't be just as busy as his place?

Now what should I do? Should I call and confirm everything with douche? Go up and talk to him in person? I just feel like I've been more than nice when it comes to getting in touch with him and helping his business make money, but it sounds like he doesn't want it.

Would everybody be cool with getting lunch and chilling in a parking lot near the restaurant? Or do we want to do go-karts and shit? I don't mind calling him today or even going up there sometime soon.

/rant
Old 03-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Under construction

Hey Tyler, sorry to hear about all the troubles you are having. And, don't beat yourself up over something you have no control over.

I don't mind chillin at a parking lot near the restaurant. As long as I'm full and had a few beers, it's all good. I'm pretty sure the guys would be alright with this as well.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:20 PM

Hey Tyler, sorry to hear about all the troubles you are having. And, don't beat yourself up over something you have no control over.

I don't mind chillin at a parking lot near the restaurant. As long as I'm full and had a few beers, it's all good. I'm pretty sure the guys would be alright with this as well.
Thanks man. It's just frustrating. Some managers of places, especially the one I used to work at, just aren't professional as they should be. At least they aren't in my opinion. Very rarely do you come across a good manager.

And I'll see what's up at Red Robin tomorrow. There are plenty of restaurants around that area so it shouldn't be hard to find ONE that would be cool with us coming.

Originally Posted by makemoneyatint
Wow thats seems really interesting. Thanks for sharing ...
Originally Posted by NervniyPetr
Wow thats seems really interesting. Thanks for sharing ...
OMGZ I KNOW RIGHT!

Gtfo spammers.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:19 AM
Aired Out TLS

Nobody chatting in this thread no more...? @ accuratein , seen your ride at concord mills this afternoon. Your ride is looking bad ass hell, i park near you and went in the mall for a bit... 2g ssm tl type s...
Old 03-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Honestly, F it. I'm with Alex; park near a restaurant that serves beer and I'm good. Sure, the mini-golf, karts, etc. would be fun, but I don't know if it's worth the hassle. Here's my question: what if 15 random cars of people showed up? How are we different than that? If a birthday party with 50 people was coming, would they have to park at the rescue mission? I doubt it.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Quarterlife Crisis....

Received 108 Likes on 84 Posts
Yea, dont beat yourself over that too much.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:04 PM

Well the hell with Frankies then. I'll be sure to post the e-mail I'm sending Chaz here when I send it

I should have a thread up within the next few days about the meet.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:56 PM
*WFC #162*

I should have a thread up within the next few days about the meet.
About F'in time... I was beginning to think I was gonna have to take this venture over and get shit going... LoL. Like Chill_Dog said, as long as there is some good food and beer for me to drink I'm straight. You know I'm all about standing around in a parking lot and talking about cars. I would suggest Hooters on Airport Blvd since I know they are cool with having a bunch of car people hanging out there, but I know your ole lady don't like that place so you prob wouldn't even be able to go to the meet. HAHA
Old 03-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

They do bill Hooters as family friendly The food sucks, but the beer is cold and the, um, uh, ambiance is usually good
Old 03-09-2010, 03:57 PM

Is there enough parking at Hooters for all of us? And you're right, Mitzi isn't a huge fan of that place.

I really really wanted to do Wild Wing Cafe but those fucks don't take reservations. I'll call Red Robin tomorrow and see what they say.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:12 PM
*WFC #162*

Is there enough parking at Hooters for all of us? And you're right, Mitzi isn't a huge fan of that place.

I really really wanted to do Wild Wing Cafe but those fucks don't take reservations. I'll call Red Robin tomorrow and see what they say.
Yea. There is plenty of parking.. We can do Wild Wing Cafe..don't make a fuck about a reservation. If we meet at a decent time like 11-12pm then there should be plenty of space. Plus they have outside seating. If they don't have enough tables ready when we get there, we put our name down, go back outside and shoot the shit, then go eat when they get enough tables.. Simple as that
Old 03-09-2010, 05:30 PM

^Sounds good to me. I'll have a thread up within the next hour

Quick Reply: ** Official Charlotte Area Chat Thread **