Many pre-owned TLX in dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2022, 12:41 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,618 Likes on 975 Posts
I closed this thread and I was told it's not fair! I knew from day one this thread is nothing...random thread just to bash Acura. one month passed and what did we achieve here?
Old 09-28-2022, 06:54 PM
Drifting

Received 1,272 Likes on 926 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
With all respect your "PRO" made me laugh..... Decent Support Group!!! LAMO!!!! Best forum in the world to help owners
At best, you are honestly oblivious to owners helping owners (perhaps you choose not to participate or help?). At worst, you are making an excuse to abuse your moderator powers.
The following 2 users liked this post by ELIN:
ESHBG (09-29-2022), silverTL6 (10-04-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 07:03 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,441 Likes on 1,888 Posts
Originally Posted by ELIN
At best, you are honestly oblivious to owners helping owners (perhaps you choose not to participate or help?). At worst, you are making an excuse to abuse your moderator powers.
I think he's so focused on hating on haters that he's missing everything else.
The following 3 users liked this post by fiatlux:
ELIN (09-28-2022), ESHBG (09-29-2022), silverTL6 (10-04-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 09:44 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,618 Likes on 975 Posts

All I can say to you and few others thank you for being here as full-time "employees" of AZ helping owners! YAHOOOO!
Old 10-01-2022, 10:18 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The steering rack replacement will get rid of the noise coming from the wheel well. As far as the creaking in steering wheel..good luck. Taken the car multiple times to the dealer for them to say all TLX's make the noise so there is no issue or service tech cannot duplicate, even with videos of all the noises this car makes. I ended up taking a look and there is lubricant leaking all down the steering column onto the break pedal and harnesses. Let us not forget the speakers crackling under accelerations or bumps. FAKRA replacement will fix the issue for a couple months and come back. Dealer states the harnesses that were installed on the tlx's are to short and have to much tension which causes the speakers to crackle when accelerating or going over bumps.
Old 10-02-2022, 01:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
Originally Posted by mdlo
The steering rack replacement will get rid of the noise coming from the wheel well. As far as the creaking in steering wheel..good luck. Taken the car multiple times to the dealer for them to say all TLX's make the noise so there is no issue or service tech cannot duplicate, even with videos of all the noises this car makes. I ended up taking a look and there is lubricant leaking all down the steering column onto the break pedal and harnesses. Let us not forget the speakers crackling under accelerations or bumps. FAKRA replacement will fix the issue for a couple months and come back. Dealer states the harnesses that were installed on the tlx's are to short and have to much tension which causes the speakers to crackle when accelerating or going over bumps.
I have issues with both of those dealer-explanations .

If you have already spoke to Service-Manager, sounds like it might be time to find another Acura Dealer for service and/or escalate to Acura Corporate.
Old 10-02-2022, 07:07 AM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
There were just too many issues with the vehicle in the end for me to continue with the purchase so I am back on the sidelines. Going to take a step back and reaccess.
I can say the over all feel and ride quality was miles above my ILX.
Old 10-02-2022, 08:00 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by mdlo
My speakers started crackling when my daughter closed the trunk lid hard the other day after dropping her off from school. I do believe what your dealer says to be correct and that there's really nothing to be done outside of a full redesign.

Being robust is a true mark of a luxury vehicle. Will Acura ever be close to Lexus quality (forget the Germans)?
Old 10-02-2022, 05:26 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
My speakers started crackling when my daughter closed the trunk lid hard the other day after dropping her off from school. I do believe what your dealer says to be correct and that there's really nothing to be done outside of a full redesign.

Being robust is a true mark of a luxury vehicle. Will Acura ever be close to Lexus quality (forget the Germans)?
forget the Germans because they cant compete or?
Old 10-02-2022, 07:04 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Kiwi2000
forget the Germans because they cant compete or?
Forget the Germans bc Acura can’t spend enough money to be as robust. If they tried, all price advantage would be lost.
The following users liked this post:
silverTL6 (10-04-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 12:59 AM
Burning Brakes

It's easy to see how these issues came to be with a "all new model". They just didn't enough long-term testing. Take these 3 issues ...
Steering column, puddle-lights, and head-unit wiring harness.
If they just take them seriously ... write-up the TSBs (to get the 2021/2022 models fixed) and then work theses fixes into new 2023+ models ... that would take care of it.
Keep doing this for each major issue that pops-up and starts building a trend.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tesla1856:
ELIN (10-03-2022), ESHBG (10-03-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 10:46 PM
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 126 Posts
My problems thus far have been trivial. Puddle lights are out. Don't care! My driver-side rear door lock/unlock door handle sensor has gone dead. Oh well! I have had no issues, zero, zilch with apple car play since upgrading to an Anker heavy-duty USB cable a year and a half ago. No issues with squeaky brakes or steering rack. No issues with the wiring harness for the head unit. If you look at the problems and fixes area, going back a year, you'll see, mostly, threads relating to these topics and not much else. Statistically, this is a pretty small sample size of total owners. Even Consumer Reports, which bitches up a storm about trackpad infotainment controls for the TLX, has grudgingly admitted that overall reliability for the TLX for the '21 model year has been stellar. I just have to wonder how many owners in total have had serious problems vs minor. I'm not necessarily defending Acura here, as admittedly I may have simply been among a fortunate few, so far. Just some food for thought. Just watch, now that I am typing this the next thing to happen tomorrow morning will be: I will get in the car, start it, plug in my phone, and the dashboard will explode in my face like a bridge console on the Starship Enterprise whenever the Klingons shoot their phasers at it.
Old 12-02-2022, 11:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Flapjackura

1. I have had no issues, zero, zilch with apple car play since upgrading to an Anker heavy-duty USB cable a year and a half ago.

2. Just watch, now that I am typing this the next thing to happen tomorrow morning will be: I will get in the car, start it, plug in my phone, and the dashboard will explode in my face like a bridge console on the Starship Enterprise whenever the Klingons shoot their phasers at it.
1. Agreed. Anker cables (and the rest of their USB stuff) works fine on my Windows computers, Macs, cars, whatever. They are a real company and their cables are completely MFi-certified and as good as Apples'. I wonder how many people out in the world are just using poor cables.

2. Yeah, those Starfleet ships can do Warp-8 easy, but they have the worst control-panels in the Alpha-Quadrant.
Flapjackura (12-03-2022)
Old 12-03-2022, 07:49 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Flapjackura
My driver-side rear door lock/unlock door handle sensor has gone dead. Oh well!
Uh....why does Acura get a pass on this?!!! Go get that fixed to maintain resale value if nothing else!
The following 2 users liked this post by ELIN:
HTX2022Aspec (12-06-2022), MarcoTLX (12-03-2022)
Old 12-03-2022, 04:59 PM
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 126 Posts
Oops I misspoke - it's the rear door on the passenger side. Car took a hit on that side last winter in a parking lot. The body shop probably had to take that door off in the course of repairs/repainting. I hardly ever use the back seat and usually, when I have more than 1 passenger they don't notice the sensor doesn't work because I have all 4 doors set to unlock from the driver door sensor. After repairs were done I basically didn't notice the issue for months. It worked fine before the accident so it's very likely a body shop screwup. Not Acura to blame on this one.
ELIN (12-03-2022)