Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota & Washington State

All Oregon Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
To answer my own question, guess there was an update released this year... now I gotta see if Tonkin will hook me up. My car's only a month old. It shouldn't have a DVD from 2007.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by clee109
Kyle - quit doing shit to your car cause it makes me want to copy you!!!!!!!
Ha, you can copy my Hype-S swap??

Originally Posted by mucter
You could always try to get the bolts from Auto Adventure. Sure they'd be used, but who really cares...
Yea, ill just wait it out, im in no true rush to get it installed. I plan on doing some engine dress up stuff during the same time its being installed.

Also, i think im gonna bag the idea of molding in the CSL spoiler...Too much money right now, and i think it will look fine without molding. Im also affraid it will look funny since the bumpers are not molded.

So the plan is to add some more filler to it to give it a taller look, then take it in to get painted along with the front bumper all for under $350 hopefully.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Racer

Well guys, I just got back from Tonkin Acura, Jim Brown the General Manager of the dealership just straight up gave me the newer DVD navigation disc out of his car. So I have the newest version now. Totally awesome customer service.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:55 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
^^at least someone has had a good experience with RT acura...
Old 05-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by sT04Louis
^ ill get some more today.

Damnit, 6 out of 7 extend bolts i need for my intake are on backorder
i daydreamed of getting oem spacers with perfect custom catback system that won't drone at 2000rpm today

Kyle - quit doing shit to your car cause it makes me want to copy you!!!!!!!
black roof will also be hot on your pwp. GET IT DONE
Old 05-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Safety Car

^^at least someone has had a good experience with RT acura...
thats for sure... i think parts department is the most shadiest of them all
Old 05-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by minkl81
thats for sure... i think parts department is the most shadiest of them all
How so?
Old 05-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
How so?
yeah that....

I've been buying parts from Todd and Doug over there for 10 years. They've always been friendly and helpful. They price match parts for me. They even set me up an account without being an actual business, so I don't have to give them my CC info to order parts.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:35 PM
Safety Car

yeah that....

I've been buying parts from Todd and Doug over there for 10 years. They've always been friendly and helpful. They price match parts for me. They even set me up an account without being an actual business, so I don't have to give them my CC info to order parts.
that's something they don't do for most of us in here. they are local and would bring in more business but won't budge on price. so i've been sourcing oem accesories from hondaacuraworld and kyle's been ordering through speed concept recently.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Never had a problem with them
Old 05-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Never had a problem with them
maybe they are only nice to the chosen ones
Old 05-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Racer

IDK, I think it comes down to them starting to recognize you. But just because they won't price match, doesn't make them shady. I just look online to see if parts are a lot cheaper online, if they are, I call them on it, and they'll match the online price plus shipping without giving me trouble. The front sport bumper for my TSX is like $750+ retail, I found it online for about $600 shipped, told them that, and they matched it. I'd much rather buy local than online.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Racer

I guess, call them up and ask for Todd or Doug and tell them that Jay sent you... LOL hahahaha

That said, there's nothing wrong with buying parts from SC, those ricer boys need your monies more than Tonkin.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Safety Car

IDK, I think it comes down to them starting to recognize you. But just because they won't price match, doesn't make them shady. I just look online to see if parts are a lot cheaper online, if they are, I call them on it, and they'll match the online price plus shipping without giving me trouble. The front sport bumper for my TSX is like $750+ retail, I found it online for about $600 shipped, told them that, and they matched it. I'd much rather buy local than online.
guess they want your business but not mine.

i needed a aspec kit when i bought my '05 tsx. so asked rt parts if they can match online price. they simply said "no, we don't match prices here." well, throughout the next two more years, i tried to match several other oem pieces but results were negative.

now in 2007 when i traded in the tsx for a new tl-s, i needed a aspec kit. obviously rt parts denied to match online prices again, saying they need to sell at retail price for the profit so no online price matching.

now i don't even bother asking them after 2+ years trying to get good price on oem parts locally. rather go through vendors here in acurazine or speed concept
Old 05-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Racer

huh, that sucks. Well, sorry man. You gotta do what works for you. The one thing I'd be interested in knowing though, were you trying to buy the entire a-spec kit (aero, brakes, wheels, suspension)? or just a particular piece of it?
Old 05-28-2009, 11:30 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
+1

I have used RT parts department many times, and they always price match for me as long as I bring a print out of the price plus shipping.

And for Service, Chad has been top notch.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:33 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts

+1...

At first it was hard to get them to price match, but I guess since the service department began to recognize me from coming in frequently for test drives, service, and parts, they have been great to deal with.

Sorry min...
Old 05-29-2009, 01:21 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kyle, your brother still interested in kpro? i have it out of the car and ready to go.

Anyone here know someone with a moded 02-04 rsx or EP3 and would like kpro let me know. I have pnd(base) ecu kpro'd and needing to sell. My brother wrecked my old rsx this past week so theres no need for it anymore.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:27 AM
Safety Car

huh, that sucks. Well, sorry man. You gotta do what works for you. The one thing I'd be interested in knowing though, were you trying to buy the entire a-spec kit (aero, brakes, wheels, suspension)? or just a particular piece of it?
full aspec lip kit

Originally Posted by PPLAPW
+1

I have used RT parts department many times, and they always price match for me as long as I bring a print out of the price plus shipping.

And for Service, Chad has been top notch.
service improved alot for sure compared to 2005. whenever i took my tsx in for a warranty service, they reasoned the cause was due to aftermarket parts. now whenever i take in my tl-s in for a warranty work, they fix it without a single reasoning. they even said i have nice suspension setting. maybe they thought i was a young ricer kid in tsx
Old 05-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by minkl81
full aspec lip kit
So just the lip kit, not the entire a-spec package. I tried to buy just the a-spec suspension from them 4 years ago, they tried, and they were even going to price match. They called Acura to look it up, and Acura told them to go to hell because they are NEVER supposed to sell the a-spec pieces individually. Since then, their parts department has had a strict rule about it as they don't want trouble from Acura. The dealers that sell the individual kits from the a-spec package are buying the whole thing from Acura and then selling off the individual pieces without Acura's blessing. Doug at RT told me that Acura was pissed about this happening and was trying to get the dealers to stop it.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:09 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ABP1TSX
Kyle, your brother still interested in kpro? i have it out of the car and ready to go.

Anyone here know someone with a moded 02-04 rsx or EP3 and would like kpro let me know. I have pnd(base) ecu kpro'd and needing to sell. My brother wrecked my old rsx this past week so theres no need for it anymore.
When I was selling my RSX that had K-Pro on Craigslist, several people called me up and tried to talk me into swapping for their stock ECU. So I'd suggest you put it up on there, it should sell pretty quick.
If it worked for an '08 Si, you'd be selling it to me
Old 05-29-2009, 11:33 AM
I Quit

So just the lip kit, not the entire a-spec package. I tried to buy just the a-spec suspension from them 4 years ago, they tried, and they were even going to price match. They called Acura to look it up, and Acura told them to go to hell because they are NEVER supposed to sell the a-spec pieces individually. Since then, their parts department has had a strict rule about it as they don't want trouble from Acura. The dealers that sell the individual kits from the a-spec package are buying the whole thing from Acura and then selling off the individual pieces without Acura's blessing. Doug at RT told me that Acura was pissed about this happening and was trying to get the dealers to stop it.
Wierd, I sold Honda/Acura at Kendall Honda/Acura in Eugene during 2006 and we pieced out aspec kits all the time to customers both buying a new car or just requesting the parts and never once caught any flack from Acura. In fact most of the time we would order a simple front lip (most popular) directly from acura and never once did our parts department get any flack for that. We even had acura commend our parts department and give them one of those funky awards. So I have a particularly hard time believing that Acura is telling RT to go to hell for wanting to buy just lips, I think RT is telling you to go to hell or open your wallet because they aren't interested in carrying extra inventory after selling a single part from a kit.

Example; a rear lip will be WAY harder to sell than the front so if they are ordering full kits they could have 10 rears for 1 front which is bad inventory to have cause it costs them money. Then most people buy the whole thing and let them install it at $110.00 an hour!!!!

I have never once had a good experience with the RT parts department, hell that Todd fellow or something told me I had to buy an entire wiper assembly to replace my insert?!?!?! I said no I should be able to change the insert only and he got pissy over it and that's not the only time they have been asses, just one of their more rediculous moments.... I wont even buy a car there because I wont support any kind of poor business tactics regardless of what point of the purchase process they occur...
Old 05-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Ugh i avoid RT Acura like the plague...

Some of you guys know the story, but without typing a book long rant it has to deal with them joy riding my car and getting caught by my girlfriend who happend to just be driving by as they were doing it.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:56 AM
I Quit

Hey Kyle - When's your teams bbq thing happening?
Old 05-29-2009, 12:09 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Hey Kyle - When's your teams bbq thing happening?
Fuck idk....no one wants to put any effort into it, and im tired of having to do it alone.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:09 PM
Racer

Wierd, I sold Honda/Acura at Kendall Honda/Acura in Eugene during 2006 and we pieced out aspec kits all the time to customers both buying a new car or just requesting the parts and never once caught any flack from Acura. In fact most of the time we would order a simple front lip (most popular) directly from acura and never once did our parts department get any flack for that. We even had acura commend our parts department and give them one of those funky awards. So I have a particularly hard time believing that Acura is telling RT to go to hell for wanting to buy just lips, I think RT is telling you to go to hell or open your wallet because they aren't interested in carrying extra inventory after selling a single part from a kit.

Example; a rear lip will be WAY harder to sell than the front so if they are ordering full kits they could have 10 rears for 1 front which is bad inventory to have cause it costs them money. Then most people buy the whole thing and let them install it at $110.00 an hour!!!!

I have never once had a good experience with the RT parts department, hell that Todd fellow or something told me I had to buy an entire wiper assembly to replace my insert?!?!?! I said no I should be able to change the insert only and he got pissy over it and that's not the only time they have been asses, just one of their more rediculous moments.... I wont even buy a car there because I wont support any kind of poor business tactics regardless of what point of the purchase process they occur...
This makes me wonder if its a car by car thing. I was trying to buy the a-spec suspension for an RSX, wasn't the RSX the first Acura to feature "A-Spec", maybe Acura was trying to establish something with that and they were more anal about the RSX specifically? IDK, just trying to reason through this.

I think Acura/Honda got the picture that most people want to buy specific parts of the kit and has relaxed on the newer cars. I do know that RT wasn't lieing to me though, I tried to get replacement front struts for my A-Spec suspension through them 6 months ago, and they couldn't order them from Acura without getting my VIN to verify that the A-Spec kit had been installed by a dealer. So I ended up scrapping that idea and getting Koni's instead.

Ugh i avoid RT Acura like the plague...

Some of you guys know the story, but without typing a book long rant it has to deal with them joy riding my car and getting caught by my girlfriend who happend to just be driving by as they were doing it.
THAT SUCKS HARD
Old 05-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Racer

Hey, did you guys hear about the new Hondata FlashPro? http://www.hondata.com/flashpro.html

Looks pretty sweet, especially the fact that it might work for other Hondas/Acura's down the road. Could eventually be a tuning solution for you J-Series folks
Old 05-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Well here are some better pics after a wash today.

^ Hit with direct Flash

Also, roof spoiler isnt mounted...just sitting there. Hence the gap.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:40 PM
I Quit

so with direct flash that's how it looks in the sun eh? Is it the material used or installed poorly?
Old 05-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Racer

That was all like "Jizz in my pants..." until the direct flash picture. Sad panda.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

so with direct flash that's how it looks in the sun eh? Is it the material used or installed poorly?
Neither.... Inside or at night it looks black.

But once you get it in the sun it shows with a brown tint...the flashed picture really blows it out.

The materials and install are top notch. His plotter let him down and didnt print at 100% black. Giving it a brown hue.

Its all good though, ill be back there in a couple days and all will be right.

If you guys ever need vinyl work done i would send you to this shop.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Racer

Where's it located? That would look so sick on my CU2...
Old 05-29-2009, 05:08 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Where's it located? That would look so sick on my CU2...
http://www.pdxwraps.com/

In sherwood.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Racer

Nice, that's close... How much did that run ya, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, what's involved in maintenance/care of it?
Old 05-29-2009, 05:29 PM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
Kyle - the roof looks good too bad you have to take it back..
Old 05-29-2009, 05:57 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Nice, that's close... How much did that run ya, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, what's involved in maintenance/care of it?
$200 for the roof. Was another $50 for the roof spoiler just since it has so many odd angles to wrap.

Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
Kyle - the roof looks good too bad you have to take it back..
Thanks man...i know im bummed it have to take it back, but i know it will be better in the end.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:40 PM
Safety Car

They called Acura to look it up, and Acura told them to go to hell because they are NEVER supposed to sell the a-spec pieces individually. Since then, their parts department has had a strict rule about it as they don't want trouble from Acura. The dealers that sell the individual kits from the a-spec package are buying the whole thing from Acura and then selling off the individual pieces without Acura's blessing. Doug at RT told me that Acura was pissed about this happening and was trying to get the dealers to stop it.
thats bull for real because aspec lip kit, suspension, and wheels are priced individually in acura.com ever since acura started selling aspec parts. "selling it as a package" is totally dealer thing. anyways experiences at rt is a hit or miss i think. some loves it and some don't.

Well here are some better pics after a wash today.

^ Hit with direct Flash

Also, roof spoiler isnt mounted...just sitting there. Hence the gap.
looks toooooooo gooooood
Old 05-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

^ i put some better pics up in the 3G TL Photo Section.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if they could lay a "carbon fiber" look on my roof. I has wanted to go CF hood and Trunk on the CL, but I would only do it if I could find someone to do the roof as well.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Safety Car

^ i put some better pics up in the 3G TL Photo Section.
i just spotted new thread. my internet's been down until now today. f'king verizon stops working for a day around bill rolls over even with auto payment setup.

Originally Posted by scholtew
I wonder if they could lay a "carbon fiber" look on my roof. I has wanted to go CF hood and Trunk on the CL, but I would only do it if I could find someone to do the roof as well.
i thought about that told kyle to do one for the show. but i think it'll look bit ricey for the cl/tl to have faux vinyl cf

Quick Reply: All Oregon Chat Thread