Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota & Washington State

All Oregon Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 12:13 AM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
spotted good looking abp tsx with aspec kit + volks at woodburn outlet. wonder who it is
Old 05-26-2009, 01:30 AM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by clee109
well if you had got the CL7-9 you could have had K-Pro... lol then a wealth of power options opens up for you
I had K-Pro on my RSX that I sold to get the TSX, it was indeed quite awesome. But re-tuning the ECU only makes a big difference if you have mods to support it, which leads me to this:

probably it'll take a year or two for aftermarket parts to come out. or it could take less since 2g tsx is using same k24 as previous gen.
Actually, no it doesnt. They're not really alike at all. The only similarities are in the displacement. Otherwise, they're completely different, and the new engine is -SO GHEY-
  • No VTEC on the exhaust cam, only the intake cam.
  • No header for the exhaust, it has a port built into the head that attaches directly to a catalytic converer. DUMB.
  • TWO CATS ON THIS CAR, the one mounted to the head and then one a foot downline on the exhaust.
  • Plastic intake manifold, UGH terrible flow, the runners are long as fawk, no top end.
  • CAN emissions computer, makes K-Pro nearly impossible.
Sorry if I'm overly passionate/beligerent about the topic, drunk posting ftw. lol

Other than all that engine fail going on, I actually do really love my car. It just re-inforces the fact that I shouldn't bother modifying it too much and should instead focus on making the civic faster...
Old 05-26-2009, 09:52 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by minkl81
spotted good looking abp tsx with aspec kit + volks at woodburn outlet. wonder who it is

lol.. I was looking to my right and didnt notice you till you were passing rite next to me. Looking sweet as always man.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:27 AM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by mucter
I had K-Pro on my RSX that I sold to get the TSX, it was indeed quite awesome. But re-tuning the ECU only makes a big difference if you have mods to support it, which leads me to this:

Actually, no it doesnt. They're not really alike at all. The only similarities are in the displacement. Otherwise, they're completely different, and the new engine is -SO GHEY-
  • No header for the exhaust, it has a port built into the head that attaches directly to a catalytic converer. DUMB.
  • TWO CATS ON THIS CAR, the one mounted to the head and then one a foot downline on the exhaust.
  • Plastic intake manifold, UGH terrible flow, the runners are long as fawk, no top end.
Sorry if I'm overly passionate/beligerent about the topic, drunk posting ftw. lol

Other than all that engine fail going on, I actually do really love my car. It just re-inforces the fact that I shouldn't bother modifying it too much and should instead focus on making the civic faster...
I am sure when the v6 model comes out.. people will be trying to crack it only cause the potential power it will make to the wheel once its tuned.. I am curious to drive it stock just to see how much of a difference it is..
Old 05-26-2009, 10:28 AM
WTF?

Kyle you going to PIR tomorrow night? I was thinking of bringin the car down to see if i can break the 15 barrier
Old 05-26-2009, 10:56 AM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

I saw those plastic runners, how's that for heat? Seems plastic would heat up faster than cast-iron or even aluminum but would also cool quicker I'd assume. I haven't actually driven a new TSX but from what I've heard it's not quite as nimble as the CL7/9 but packs in 10x more luxury. Which I'll agree with, the new interiors are top notch that's for sure. Plus the redesign on the TSX seems a little less obtuse than that of the TL

God knows what the designers were thinking with the TL, the back is ok but the front looks like someone just smashed it with a bat... lol Again though, top notch interior quality on the TL too.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:00 AM
I Quit

Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
I am sure when the v6 model comes out.. people will be trying to crack it only cause the potential power it will make to the wheel once its tuned.. I am curious to drive it stock just to see how much of a difference it is..
I doubt it...How many performance mods are out there for the 3G and now 4G TL? none... Sure they can get suspension, then some spacers and gaskets but there will be no "true high performance" mods until CT releases a supercharger for it. For that to happen though Hondata needs to crack the ECU which seems unlikely in the near future.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Kyle you going to PIR tomorrow night? I was thinking of bringin the car down to see if i can break the 15 barrier
I went this past friday.

Ill probably go again next weekend.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

[LIST]
[*]Plastic intake manifold, UGH terrible flow, the runners are long as fawk, no top end.

Is there a option of switching that out for the Aluminum one like the guys with base RSX's do?
Old 05-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

So ive got a appointment to get something done tomorrow to the TL.

Its going to cover a large area of the car....should i tell you guys, or just show you pics tomorrow?? :idea:
Old 05-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Safety Car

so acura deleted headers on k24 like J series? i guess its single out with precat and another secondary cat after the precat.

probably you can just keep the precat and delete the secondary cat with a test pipe so you won't add lotta noise. never thought acura would mimick the header design like 3g tl's. we're headless with THREE cats.

Originally Posted by sT04Louis

Its going to cover a large area of the car....should i tell you guys, or just show you pics tomorrow?? :idea:
csl spoiler? or types bumper?

btw... bought a new computer and monitor yesterday at Fry's
lenovo dual core, 3g ram, and 320gb hd ($300)
22" LG hd lcd ($190)
Old 05-26-2009, 05:38 PM
Racer

so acura deleted headers on k24 like J series? i guess its single out with precat and another secondary cat after the precat.

probably you can just keep the precat and delete the secondary cat with a test pipe so you won't add lotta noise. never thought acura would mimick the header design like 3g tl's. we're headless with THREE cats.
Yup, just like the J series. I was thinking about taking out the second cat, but doubtful that it'll really make much of a difference in power. That leach that's attached to the head is what's really suffocating the engine.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by clee109
I saw those plastic runners, how's that for heat? Seems plastic would heat up faster than cast-iron or even aluminum but would also cool quicker I'd assume. I haven't actually driven a new TSX but from what I've heard it's not quite as nimble as the CL7/9 but packs in 10x more luxury. Which I'll agree with, the new interiors are top notch that's for sure. Plus the redesign on the TSX seems a little less obtuse than that of the TL
Yes, being inside the CU2 makes you feel special. Its relaxing, comfortable and feature packed. It's definitely top notch.

The car has tons of grip and is incredibly balanced. My only foofoo with the execution of the car's handling is the on-center feel of the steering. The active EPS torque sensor is programmed to be too touchy at center and it makes the steering feel busy when driving straight. Once you adjust to it, its not so bad, but its really weird for the first couple weeks. It is definitely the cause of the sour reviews for this car.

Some people claim that the suspension is choppy and bumpy. I swear they must be lexus owners. My car puts me to sleep when I drive it.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blacked out roof?
Old 05-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I spotted an AM 3G going West on Sunset, aspec kit, and what looked like chrome 19's around 1pm today. Looked really good. I was running late for an appointment so I was speeding a bit.

Anyone use EBC slotted/dimpled rotors (Gold series)? Speed Concept is going to install those for me with EBC red pads. JJ and Dan thought the reds were better for my use. Just ordered them.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Racer

Goddammit I'm in speed concept almost every day. I gotta stop going over there, my bank account doesn't appreciate it. lol
Old 05-26-2009, 07:25 PM
The wood god

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goddammit I'm in speed concept almost every day. I gotta stop going over there, my bank account doesn't appreciate it. lol
Hmm, where is this place at? Maybe I'll check it out when I get moved up there.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Safety Car

Yup, just like the J series. I was thinking about taking out the second cat, but doubtful that it'll really make much of a difference in power. That leach that's attached to the head is what's really suffocating the engine.
but you'll lose some lowend torque especially on the 4cyl engine with precat delete. it feels really good on higher rpm but not practical in city driving. also precat delete = loud

Yes, being inside the CU2 makes you feel special. Its relaxing, comfortable and feature packed. It's definitely top notch.

The car has tons of grip and is incredibly balanced. My only foofoo with the execution of the car's handling is the on-center feel of the steering. The active EPS torque sensor is programmed to be too touchy at center and it makes the steering feel busy when driving straight. Once you adjust to it, its not so bad, but its really weird for the first couple weeks. It is definitely the cause of the sour reviews for this car.

Some people claim that the suspension is choppy and bumpy. I swear they must be lexus owners. My car puts me to sleep when I drive it.
2g tsx suspension is smooth compared to my 3g tl-s when it was stock

Originally Posted by bonknhead
I spotted an AM 3G going West on Sunset, aspec kit, and what looked like chrome 19's around 1pm today. Looked really good. I was running late for an appointment so I was speeding a bit.

Anyone use EBC slotted/dimpled rotors (Gold series)? Speed Concept is going to install those for me with EBC red pads. JJ and Dan thought the reds were better for my use. Just ordered them.
i do

it could be larry's if that am tl is slammed with volk le wheels
unless its a tl that used to sit on damerow ford's used lot and than moved to beaverton nissan's used lot. and after that someone was driving around in beaverton/tigard

haha... your addicted now

Originally Posted by MegaKillTron
Hmm, where is this place at? Maybe I'll check it out when I get moved up there.
www.speedconcept.com
Old 05-26-2009, 10:11 PM
WTF?

Kyle- i was thinking of going tomorrow instead of friday only cause tomorrow suppose to be cooler then friday.. and its alittle cheaper

speed concept made bank off me.. haha i got too addicted on my civic and helping out my friends when they needed parts..

I was out in beaver-town this morning saw alot of the new TSXs and a new RL also.. makes me think the economy is getting better if peeps are buying new cars
Old 05-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Safety Car

Kyle- i was thinking of going tomorrow instead of friday only cause tomorrow suppose to be cooler then friday.. and its alittle cheaper

speed concept made bank off me.. haha i got too addicted on my civic and helping out my friends when they needed parts..

I was out in beaver-town this morning saw alot of the new TSXs and a new RL also.. makes me think the economy is getting better if peeps are buying new cars
woodburn outlet was packed with people yesterday
hope that economy picks up soon
Old 05-26-2009, 10:36 PM
Pro

i do

it could be larry's if that am tl is slammed with volk le wheels
unless its a tl that used to sit on damerow ford's used lot and than moved to beaverton nissan's used lot. and after that someone was driving around in beaverton/tigard
We were both driving freeway speeds so I couldn't see what wheels he had. Definitely a guy - he exited off by the cemetery.

Anyone have feedback on EBC slotted/dimpled rotors and red pads?
Old 05-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Originally Posted by ABP1TSX
Blacked out roof?

Min, i ordered the parts for the MDX spacer tonight. Wanted to go through speedconcept but they couldnt get the extended studs at Ron Tonkin...???

So it will be here in a week or so.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:32 AM
The wood god

How are they with window tinting?

I've been too lazy to get it done, haha.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:52 AM
WTF?

We were both driving freeway speeds so I couldn't see what wheels he had. Definitely a guy - he exited off by the cemetery.

Anyone have feedback on EBC slotted/dimpled rotors and red pads?

I dont have EBC rotors.. but i do have the green stuff... and i wish i got the red only cause of the initial bite in wet road conditions... but i also think its cause i am using dot 4 instead of dot 3 for brake fluid.. i plan to swap back to dot 3 soon just to see if its a difference
Old 05-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by MegaKillTron
How are they with window tinting?

I've been too lazy to get it done, haha.
I haven't gone to SC for window tinting, but used Alexia's in Beaverton for my last 4 cars. They do a great job.

I dont have EBC rotors.. but i do have the green stuff... and i wish i got the red only cause of the initial bite in wet road conditions... but i also think its cause i am using dot 4 instead of dot 3 for brake fluid.. i plan to swap back to dot 3 soon just to see if its a difference
Are you saying the bite on the redstuff is better in the wet than the greenstuff? or the other way around? JJ told me that he'd find me SS brake lines too.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Racer

My buddy at work that I sold my RSX to just got his tint done at SC last week. There were a couple issues with bubbles, but they immediately offered to redo the problem areas with zero resistance. I've been going in there for years, Tony has always been a stand up guy. JJ and Dan are both great to work with. And you can never beat their prices.

Oh and as far as a pre-cat delete taking low end out of the 4 banger... it can't possibly take enough torque out to make my TSX more gutless down low than my Si. The Si won't move below 4500rpm, the TSX is at peak torque by 4000rpm, at least it feels that way. The torque in the 2g TSX is VERY much there, it doesn't feel like a 4cyl down low. Much more torque'y than my friends '07 Accord V6 6MT. After he drove my car, he got out and was confused, he said it was unlike any Honda he'd ever driven, and I agree with him. The k24z3 is a weird engine, very non-Honda. You punch it in 1st and it just moves, no hesitation, no vtec lag, it just goes.

Last edited by mucter; 05-27-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:30 PM
The wood god

Ok, thanks guys. I'll look into both shops.

I need to get those things done soon though unless I can get my car sold.

ETA: 9 days and 5 hours. prepare yourselves.

I know I've already asked this but we've gained some new people in this thread. Do any of ya'll like to play pool? Or know of any pool leagues I can join up there?
Old 05-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Racer

There's a pool league that covers the entire Metro area. I'll ask my buddy Tony tomorrow. He played in it for several years.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

So i got my roof done...

Looks great inside a garage...then i pulled it out and i hear the installer go "ahh shit".

In sunlight it has a brown tint to it ...so it will be re-done in a couple days.

Ill get some pictures up this evening.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Racer

YAY brown tint ftl.

but....

pictures ftw.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:49 PM
WTF?

I haven't gone to SC for window tinting, but used Alexia's in Beaverton for my last 4 cars. They do a great job.

Are you saying the bite on the redstuff is better in the wet than the greenstuff? or the other way around? JJ told me that he'd find me SS brake lines too.
it should be better in the rain.. the green stuff just seems like its a couple notches above stock.. but not by much..
Old 05-27-2009, 09:57 PM
The wood god

There's a pool league that covers the entire Metro area. I'll ask my buddy Tony tomorrow. He played in it for several years.
Sweet, thanks.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:05 PM
Safety Car

My buddy at work that I sold my RSX to just got his tint done at SC last week. There were a couple issues with bubbles, but they immediately offered to redo the problem areas with zero resistance. I've been going in there for years, Tony has always been a stand up guy. JJ and Dan are both great to work with. And you can never beat their prices.

Oh and as far as a pre-cat delete taking low end out of the 4 banger... it can't possibly take enough torque out to make my TSX more gutless down low than my Si. The Si won't move below 4500rpm, the TSX is at peak torque by 4000rpm, at least it feels that way. The torque in the 2g TSX is VERY much there, it doesn't feel like a 4cyl down low. Much more torque'y than my friends '07 Accord V6 6MT. After he drove my car, he got out and was confused, he said it was unlike any Honda he'd ever driven, and I agree with him. The k24z3 is a weird engine, very non-Honda. You punch it in 1st and it just moves, no hesitation, no vtec lag, it just goes.
2g tsx feels very punchy for sure especially in the city driving. sometimes it even feels like its faster than my modded tl-s. simply its a very fun 4dr sedan to drive around in town with quick and nimble chasis plus very responsive and punchy engine.

So i got my roof done...

Looks great inside a garage...then i pulled it out and i hear the installer go "ahh shit".

In sunlight it has a brown tint to it ...so it will be re-done in a couple days.

Ill get some pictures up this evening.
ahhh shit... ahhhhh shit...
its gonna be very hard to resist after looking your roof

btw... how much were the spacers + extended bolts?
i've been driving around in pilot for few days and pilot feels much more faster than my tl with better lowend torque. i think it'll sure gain massive torque compared to any other mods out for tl right now.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:44 PM
The wood god

Hows Spirit Mountain? Are there any other casinos in the area?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:58 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

YAY brown tint ftl.

but....

pictures ftw.
Teaser i guess...

See inside it looks fine.

ahhh shit... ahhhhh shit...
its gonna be very hard to resist after looking your roof

btw... how much were the spacers + extended bolts?
i've been driving around in pilot for few days and pilot feels much more faster than my tl with better lowend torque. i think it'll sure gain massive torque compared to any other mods out for tl right now.
Was $51.10 shipped.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:03 AM
Racer

Teaser i guess...

See inside it looks fine.
Except that I can't see shit in that picture, weird reflections ftl. Moar pix now or BAN!
Old 05-28-2009, 09:48 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

^ ill get some more today.

Damnit, 6 out of 7 extend bolts i need for my intake are on backorder
Old 05-28-2009, 10:53 AM
I Quit

Kyle - quit doing shit to your car cause it makes me want to copy you!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Racer

You could always try to get the bolts from Auto Adventure. Sure they'd be used, but who really cares...
Old 05-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Racer

Does anyone know what the newest Navigation DVD is for our cars? My 2009 has a DVD from 2007... wtf

Quick Reply: All Oregon Chat Thread