Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota & Washington State

All Oregon Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fobstylez
I have a suga mama but she does not support my car habits. I have the best parking spot, right in front of my work window. I can stare at who comes and goes next to it. I actually had some dude try to squeeze in the spot in front of me, hit me, then drove off. But since my window was there I got the plates and ended up with $500 in my pocket for a few scratches.
i only fall for boys who support my habbits

the one now who's only a friend always gets me car gifts for presents but i get him car stuff too - i got him coilovers for his bday on the teg - id say thats a pretty good fiend ay

oh how'd you not run out there - i get pretty upset when ppl get close to my car...i always walk around my car to check it out for new damage when i get back to it at night...its quite stressful leaving your car in a park-n-ride where NO one gives a SHhhhh about their car
Old 11-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol oh trust me, I ran! Because he started to slowly back up, and when he got close I got his plates. He for some reason, he just stepped on it and rammed my car. I was running like the cops were on me. Right when I got outside and looked at my bumper, he took off like its no big deal. Only reason why he came back 2 days later because cops came to his house for a hit n run. So in the end, i got money, he got a ticket, insurance went up, and I didnt drop the hit n run.

Whoa, awesome friend you are. I can put anything on my list, but not car stuff. bummer
Old 11-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Racer

why hello page 15
Old 11-05-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by clee109
So when I was at Panda Express with Kyle a while back he asked me what JDMLove was in my signature. Flattered that someone actually paid attention to my signature I went on to tell him that it's a "blog" site I'm building. Anyways I am now starting to add content and am looking to recruit authors.

The goal of the site is to be a difinitive place to hear about the latest parts, trends, etc... involving japanese auto's. The goal is to have authors that really know their stuff from honda, toyota, nissan, mazda, suby, and mitsu post reviews, diy's, thoughts, ideas, etc....

On top of that there is a sponsor spot where I'd hope to have some shops and/or forums have their ads, it'd be 100% free for them to be there and I'd provide analytics for how many people go from jdmlove to their site. It gives them extra visbility and makes my site appear to be more legit and get more traffic.

Anyways, I have started writing actual content for this now and I am setting a few extra people as authors. Anyways if you want to be an author let me know, the more the merrier, people just need to stay on topic at all costs, so no chit chat, no stupid posts, etc.. (not saying we are stupid, you know, no typical forum flames).

If you know of a shop or something that'd be interested in being on the of first sponsors let me know! It'd be awesome to have them there.

URL: http://www.jdmlove.org

Take a look let me know what you think about the layout etc... Thanks for listening to my shameless advertising!
Nice!

I like the layout so far, I'm still exploring it...
Old 11-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
i hate when people do that.. no one ever wants to man up to the mistake instead they rather run off.. good thing you got there plates!!

another reason why i got the camera infront of my house.. already had to get my bumper repainted from someone trying to parrell park in front of my house
You're supposed to put the Acura in the garage! I remember some comedian (I think it was Jeff Foxworthy) saying, "It's funny how people put cars worth thousands of dollars in the street, because they fill their garages with useless junk".
Old 11-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by EuroR08
oh your so lucky. i guess my company used to have that option when we were smaller but not now...
Oh, we're not small. There are 30,000 people in my company worldwide, with ~ 500 in the office building I work at. Good company to work for - I've been with them for 22 years!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bonknhead
You're supposed to put the Acura in the garage! I remember some comedian (I think it was Jeff Foxworthy) saying, "It's funny how people put cars worth thousands of dollars in the street, because they fill their garages with useless junk".
LOL thats so awesome
Old 11-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Racer

lol oh trust me, I ran! Because he started to slowly back up, and when he got close I got his plates. He for some reason, he just stepped on it and rammed my car. I was running like the cops were on me. Right when I got outside and looked at my bumper, he took off like its no big deal. Only reason why he came back 2 days later because cops came to his house for a hit n run. So in the end, i got money, he got a ticket, insurance went up, and I didnt drop the hit n run.

Whoa, awesome friend you are. I can put anything on my list, but not car stuff. bummer
what a DB...at least u got some cash and he got screwed...

--hey at least you can put ANYTHING on your list...sadly my list really only consists of car stuff --- or jeans i suppose...haha
Old 11-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
i'm losing track on this thread again only after one day haha..
also saw a pics of enkei rpm2. someone buying them? rpm2 looks good on tsx and 2g tl. but looks horrible on 3g tl.

finally 3000 posts after 3yrs and 9mos of azine life
Old 11-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Racer

haha its so true...
Old 11-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by minkl81
im so jealous
Old 11-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Racer

So when I was at Panda Express with Kyle a while back he asked me what JDMLove was in my signature. Flattered that someone actually paid attention to my signature I went on to tell him that it's a "blog" site I'm building. Anyways I am now starting to add content and am looking to recruit authors.

The goal of the site is to be a difinitive place to hear about the latest parts, trends, etc... involving japanese auto's. The goal is to have authors that really know their stuff from honda, toyota, nissan, mazda, suby, and mitsu post reviews, diy's, thoughts, ideas, etc....

On top of that there is a sponsor spot where I'd hope to have some shops and/or forums have their ads, it'd be 100% free for them to be there and I'd provide analytics for how many people go from jdmlove to their site. It gives them extra visbility and makes my site appear to be more legit and get more traffic.

Anyways, I have started writing actual content for this now and I am setting a few extra people as authors. Anyways if you want to be an author let me know, the more the merrier, people just need to stay on topic at all costs, so no chit chat, no stupid posts, etc.. (not saying we are stupid, you know, no typical forum flames).

If you know of a shop or something that'd be interested in being on the of first sponsors let me know! It'd be awesome to have them there.

Take a look let me know what you think about the layout etc... Thanks for listening to my shameless advertising!
looks nice

minus the civic...

speed would probably advertise for the price of free (tony loves that word)
Old 11-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Pro

looks nice

minus the civic...

Have you been going to SC for a while? I think I remember you in there once while I was waiting, probably when they installed my headers. It took 2-3 hours for them to install them.

There aren't all that many girls that show up there. You must be the exception.

You're right - Tony likes "free". IIRC, they run their margins pretty low.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Burning Brakes

--hey at least you can put ANYTHING on your list...sadly my list really only consists of car stuff --- or jeans i suppose...haha
lol good jeans on a chick is always hot! I have too many hobbies to just throw into my car. There was a localy guy selling comptech headers that I was going to pick up but now my money is going towards the rims.

JDMlove has a very clean layout. I wish I knew more about it to help you out, good job man!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Pro

JDMlove looks pretty nice. Good job!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Pro

There was a localy guy selling comptech headers that I was going to pick up but now my money is going towards the rims.
That's too bad - you probably already know that headers on a 2nd Gen make a big difference in the upper RPMs ~ 20 or so whp increase. Very nice.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Burning Brakes

That's too bad - you probably already know that headers on a 2nd Gen make a big difference in the upper RPMs ~ 20 or so whp increase. Very nice.
yes man, I know very well. It sucks but I can drop all this money on rims then spend more on headers. Thats like a really big tv
Old 11-05-2008, 07:54 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
looks nice

minus the civic...

There's a civic on there??? hmmm Thanks for the love everyone. Let Tony know, and if he's interested the price is 100% free to the early adopters.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Racer

There's a civic on there??? hmmm Thanks for the love everyone. Let Tony know, and if he's interested the price is 100% free to the early adopters.

ill tell him when he gets back from vegas -- from the phone call i got yesterday from the boys sounds like they are having an amazing time at sema haha
Old 11-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Racer

Have you been going to SC for a while? I think I remember you in there once while I was waiting, probably when they installed my headers. It took 2-3 hours for them to install them.

There aren't all that many girls that show up there. You must be the exception.

You're right - Tony likes "free". IIRC, they run their margins pretty low.
last two-ish years...i used to be there like ev day...JJ is .. my bestest friend haha ... but when i bought my TSX tony and me ugh - had some issues - so my shopping there has slowed down majorily...

but i still rep speed cuz they usually have great prices

and well ya ev where else sucks to me haha

like i went into race design once and got treated like crap that whole girl thing doesnt usually go very well...i dont know a lot - but im not F_in stupid

are there pics of ur car online??
Old 11-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Racer

There's a civic on there??? hmmm
it came up in the JDMLove Flickr Pool --- its dan's from SC at the sonic meet...
Old 11-05-2008, 10:21 PM
I Quit

^^^ Oh, yeah...the flickr pool, well if you all join it you can change out those pics with your own!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Pro

last two-ish years...i used to be there like ev day...JJ is .. my bestest friend haha ... but when i bought my TSX tony and me ugh - had some issues - so my shopping there has slowed down majorily...
It's been so long since I've been at SC I don't even remember who JJ is. I dealt mostly with Dan and Tony. Dan was very cool to me.

like i went into race design once and got treated like crap that whole girl thing doesnt usually go very well...i dont know a lot - but im not F_in stupid
I hate places like that. That's why I usually take my wife's car in for service - used to be that dealers would upsell her service, etc.

are there pics of ur car online??
Nah, my TL-S is too plain - no kit, stock wheels, mild drop. It's just my DD, but I love it.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Site looks awesome when i looked over it real quick last night. Ill take a longer look at it again today.

ha!

Originally Posted by minkl81
i'm losing track on this thread again only after one day haha..
also saw a pics of enkei rpm2. someone buying them? rpm2 looks good on tsx and 2g tl. but looks horrible on 3g tl.

Dude i feel ya....almost a whole page got missed because i went home from work.

I hit 1500 posts yesterday

ill tell him when he gets back from vegas -- from the phone call i got yesterday from the boys sounds like they are having an amazing time at sema haha
Lucky bastards....i tried talking them into throwing on some SC vinyls on my car and using it as a "Demo Car'' for the shop. No luck

It's been so long since I've been at SC I don't even remember who JJ is. I dealt mostly with Dan and Tony. Dan was very cool to me.
JJ is the white guy. lol
Old 11-06-2008, 08:54 AM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
Site looks good!
i dont sign on for the night and i miss a ton of posts.. almost fell behind
Old 11-06-2008, 09:00 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by sT04Louis
JJ is the white guy. lol
Last time I was there was probably a year and half ago (I think). There were two white guys there, one that helped receive and unpackage shipments, and the installer dude. I'm pretty sure the installer guy's name wasn't JJ.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Last time I was there was probably a year and half ago (I think). There were two white guys there, one that helped receive and unpackage shipments, and the installer dude. I'm pretty sure the installer guy's name wasn't JJ.
Yea the installer is Nick.
JJ is more of the "sales man" outfront in the store.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:15 AM
I Quit

Congrats to Min on 3000 posts. Race Dezign is garbage! I think Fred is the owner or something like that. I use to go there way back when I owned my accord years ago, their installers were worthless! Plus there always some sort of scandalous ladies around there. It was to fast and furious for me....
Old 11-06-2008, 09:17 AM
I Quit

Rachel - do you happen to have a rear camber kit for your TSX you're looking to sell?
Old 11-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Congrats to Min on 3000 posts. Race Dezign is garbage! I think Fred is the owner or something like that. I use to go there way back when I owned my accord years ago, their installers were worthless! Plus there always some sort of scandalous ladies around there. It was to fast and furious for me....
Da CREW!!

Anyways....i just registered for JDMLOVE. Went with sT04Louis for my username...wanted to use JDMNOT, but that may seem like a diss. lol
Old 11-06-2008, 09:43 AM
I Quit

Anyways....i just registered for JDMLOVE. Went with sT04Louis for my username...wanted to use JDMNOT, but that may seem like a diss. lol
I can change it for you if you like. JDMNOT is always funny lol plus on the plates, and ur ride is reped in the flickr pool
Old 11-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

I can change my display name in the profile editing section.

I saw that i was in the flickr pool. Crazy old pictures...Need to update those.

Oh can someone tell me why i decided to get drunk on a wednesday night?
Old 11-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Racer

JJ is the white guy. lol
funny - thats how i describe him too...

and chris no no camber kit --- i was going to order one then i figured whats the point if im getting rid of it
Old 11-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Racer

fred acutally sold it ---or had to sell it..he recently got a job at one of the dealerships in beaverton (cant remember which one) and his contract said he had to loose race design...
Old 11-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Racer

I hate places like that. That's why I usually take my wife's car in for service - used to be that dealers would upsell her service, etc.

Nah, my TL-S is too plain - no kit, stock wheels, mild drop. It's just my DD, but I love it.
ya i know what thats like i always have to put up with that...

oh speaking of service i took the TSX to acura of portland because there was a spot on my roof that was a diff color and i had made an appointment and ev thing when i got there the guy tried to play dumb like i dont see anything then i showed him the outline and he was like oh ya then he took his grubby hand and started rubbing my dirty car....im like can u not touch my car and he looked at me like i was crazy - i was like im serious ur rubbing dirt into the paint what do u think that does?? ur just going to make it look worse. then he tried to tell me id have to schedule another appointment even tho i had one for that day. i was like oh no u didnt haha

and hey my TL is stock - haha
Old 11-06-2008, 10:23 AM
I Quit

I can change my display name in the profile editing section.

I saw that i was in the flickr pool. Crazy old pictures...Need to update those.

Oh can someone tell me why i decided to get drunk on a wednesday night?
weeknight drunk....memories.... lol
Old 11-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Chris, check sig for JDM<3 rep.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Burning Brakes

race shops are only cool if you go there often, if not, the service sucks. Dan is cool from SC. Never was a fan of Race desizn. Unnatural boys seems cool. I just buy my stuff online, I can wait.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:41 AM
I Quit

Chris, check sig for JDM<3 rep.
Rep spotted, much love I like Dan and SC too, he talks to my lame ass while I am having stuff isntalled
Old 11-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Rep spotted, much love I like Dan and SC too, he talks to my lame ass while I am having stuff isntalled
Wish i had more knowledge about JDM esq shhhtuf.

Dan's a funny guy. Hates the fact that i ran faster than his Civic....so he cheated and bought a turbo

I need to swing in there soon and order new brake pads so i stop pissing everyone in the neighbor hood off in the monrings.

Quick Reply: All Oregon Chat Thread