Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota & Washington State

All Oregon Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clee109
foggy as all get out last night. Met up with Rachel to pick up her coilovers (thanks Rachel) and was so foggy I could barely see the lane separators as they passed me by!
foggy fo show -
i almost got smashed like 3 times just trying to get to burger king and back from my house. it was rediculous.

thank you chris I'm looking forward to christmas shopping today

when are they going on your car?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:03 AM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
going to join your club: low and slow! woot!
Old 11-18-2008, 10:04 AM
I Quit

Originally Posted by EuroR08
foggy fo show -
i almost got smashed like 3 times just trying to get to burger king and back from my house. it was rediculous.

thank you chris I'm looking forward to christmas shopping today

when are they going on your car?
I'd like to get em on ASAP, my stockies are suffering from the 1" H-Tech drop starting to get bouncy and what not so I think they're getting ready to blow out. Plus have to look fresh for xmas!
Old 11-18-2008, 10:21 AM
Racer

whos done christmas shopping
i am

Old 11-18-2008, 10:21 AM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
I'd like to get em on ASAP, my stockies are suffering from the 1" H-Tech drop starting to get bouncy and what not so I think they're getting ready to blow out. Plus have to look fresh for xmas!
how long did you have your H-tech drop?

i feel like i should be replacing my shocks soon as well
Old 11-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Racer

Christmas is always a good time for a fresh look

will the wife get you car parts for christmas presents?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:35 AM
I Quit

Brandon - probably 6K on them or so, maybe a bit less. When they were installed I had 30K on the OEM shocks/struts.

Rachel - Told the wife to not buy me anything lol, she's a stay at home mom so her buying me stuff with the money I go to work and earn doesn't make alot of sense lol. It's like just buying myself something. Xmas is about giving and not recieving (I know that sounds cheesy right?), plus your coilovers are my gift to myself, or "her gift to me" depending on how you want to look at it lol
Old 11-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Thread killer//

Hello all, just picked up (took over payments) an '06 TL. Old member, but noob to the scene. Made this account back in 03 when i had a CL-S. I had an rsx to cl-s to tsx to ANOTHER rsx to an 08 accord, and now to this... LOOOOONG STORY

sorry for that but sup oregon!?!
WTF?

i am almost done shopping.. 3 more things to get..

and youre right chris.. i tell my wife the same.. i know she still does but i prefer to save the money for something later..
growing up my brother and i wouldnt get each other anything cause we look at it as a waste of money we would of spent on ourselves anyway
WTF?

BTW.... BAH HUMBUG! hehehe
Old 11-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by saersxlr8
Hello all, just picked up (took over payments) an '06 TL. Old member, but noob to the scene. Made this account back in 03 when i had a CL-S. I had an rsx to cl-s to tsx to ANOTHER rsx to an 08 accord, and now to this... LOOOOONG STORY

sorry for that but sup oregon!?!
Welcome

Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
i am almost done shopping.. 3 more things to get..

and youre right chris.. i tell my wife the same.. i know she still does but i prefer to save the money for something later..
growing up my brother and i wouldnt get each other anything cause we look at it as a waste of money we would of spent on ourselves anyway

Me and my dad are the same way. Ask what do we want and end up getting that.

Reminds me i need to get on finding what offset to get for his Mustang. He wants some 5 Star wheels from Summit to mount Drag Radials to for xmas...like 45$ a piece. USDM parts for the cheap.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Also....

Anyone see the weather report in todays paper??

Calling for another Sunny weekend! Im sure it will change, but keep fingers crossed... I got work i need to do on the car.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Thread killer//

so i've search but still can't figure out how to pop off the rear license plate bulb lenses. can i get some help please? hehe

also, anyone lookin to buy stock wheels? i may have a set here pretty soon with tires; not sure about tpms, gotta check.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:24 PM
Racer

Brandon - probably 6K on them or so, maybe a bit less. When they were installed I had 30K on the OEM shocks/struts.

Rachel - Told the wife to not buy me anything lol, she's a stay at home mom so her buying me stuff with the money I go to work and earn doesn't make alot of sense lol. It's like just buying myself something. Xmas is about giving and not recieving (I know that sounds cheesy right?), plus your coilovers are my gift to myself, or "her gift to me" depending on how you want to look at it lol
wow sad if ur already starting to see issues with ur stock struts i had my TC lowered 2/2.5" with tanabe springs before i bought coilovers - had like 15k on them and they still road like the day i got them..then again the car is a LOT lighter lol...

and no not cheesy at all..im more excited to give JJ his present then get mine lol so very understandable

and gifts to yourself are always good. last yr for my bday i didnt get anything from anyone (well on time i got something in aug even tho my bday is in march)- pretty sad for a 21st bday...i could have at least been bought some drinks...anywho - i bought myself the TSX as my present to myself haha
Old 11-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

so i've search but still can't figure out how to pop off the rear license plate bulb lenses. can i get some help please? hehe

also, anyone lookin to buy stock wheels? i may have a set here pretty soon with tires; not sure about tpms, gotta check.
Got to get to them from the inside of the trunk lid.

-Take the handle that you pull the trunk down with out by removing the screw in the middle of the plastic handle.

-Remove the pop clips

-Remove the 2 rubber strips by sliding them to the side then pull out.

At this point you should be able to remove the liner, then you will be able to see how the bulbs and holder is snapped into the trunk lid itself, un-clip these and pull bulbs out.

Put back in reverse.

Are you doing LED bulbs or OE replacements?

As for your wheels they should have TPMS if they are the ones that came with your car from the dealership, 06+ have TPMS standard.

What wheels you looking to get?
Old 11-18-2008, 12:29 PM
I Quit

on my igoogle it shows rain this weekend?
Old 11-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Racer

i may have missed this so please dont shun me...but what kind of car are we all talking about here? 3rd gen TL?
Old 11-18-2008, 12:32 PM
Racer

me too but only a 10% chance sunday...
Old 11-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

me too but only a 10% chance sunday...
Who knows...paper was right last weekend. So like i said cross them fingers

i may have missed this so please dont shun me...but what kind of car are we all talking about here? 3rd gen TL?
06 TL. The direction i gave should get the job done. Let me know if you need me to clarify anything.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:40 PM
Thread killer//

Originally Posted by sT04Louis
Got to get to them from the inside of the trunk lid.

-Take the handle that you pull the trunk down with out by removing the screw in the middle of the plastic handle.

-Remove the pop clips

-Remove the 2 rubber strips by sliding them to the side then pull out.

At this point you should be able to remove the liner, then you will be able to see how the bulbs and holder is snapped into the trunk lid itself, un-clip these and pull bulbs out.

Put back in reverse.

Are you doing LED bulbs or OE replacements?

As for your wheels they should have TPMS if they are the ones that came with your car from the dealership, 06+ have TPMS standard.

What wheels you looking to get?

is this for the reverse lights or the license plate lights? i wanted to replace the license plate bulbs with leds (not reverse lights)

Today 10:29 AM
the wheels, i have a second set ('06 tl 3rd gen) on its way to me. i was gonna do winter tires but might just sell them. they've got some curb rash on all four i think... not bad but not perfect.

i know they're supposed to come with tpms but i meant to say not sure if they came with the set that i just bought.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Thread killer//

sorry for all the questions here but just wondering what's everyone dropped on and what your opionions are on tein s, h&r, or eibach and how are your rides with your drops. i wanted to go a tad bit lower than the Aspec so maybe no eibachs for me. i only want springs, install it and forget about it. dont wanna mess with coil overs.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:56 PM
I Quit

my TSX right now is on Tein H-Techs which give about a 1.25" over stock, all in all it's about maybe .25 - .50 lower than A-Spec and I have a tight 2 fingers worth of wheel gap.

Like I said previously in the thread, my OEM shocks/struts are starting to poop out on me already after only 6K in mileage.

The ride quality is great, superior to OEM on good dampers. I would reccomend you get a damper/spring set up, unlike coilovers there is no height adjustment (except koni yellows you and adjust the spring perch for an additional 20mm of drop), but some offer dampening force adjustment. All in all, you'll have a much smoother ride, handle better, and get more life out of the set up that way.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Racer

sorry for all the questions here but just wondering what's everyone dropped on and what your opionions are on tein s, h&r, or eibach and how are your rides with your drops. i wanted to go a tad bit lower than the Aspec so maybe no eibachs for me. i only want springs, install it and forget about it. dont wanna mess with coil overs.
oh but theres so many benifits to coilovers over springs

but if u dont want to spend the money you dont want to spend the money - but with coilovers you could lower your car EXACTLY how much you want
Old 11-18-2008, 01:08 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

is this for the reverse lights or the license plate lights? i wanted to replace the license plate bulbs with leds (not reverse lights)
The directions above are how you get to both the reverse, and plate lights.

Which LEDs are you going to use?

Im on TEIN-SS Coils, and out of the three brands you mentioned, only TEIN makes coils for the TL.

Get in contact with Minkl81, or wait for him to see your post and respond. He is running H-Techs, with Koni's (i think). I was actually able to drive his car, and its a very very smooth ride.

I see youre worried about messing with Coils...only thing you ever have to mess with is setting the ride height when you install. Unless youre like me, and having the ability to go lower makes you want to use the "Adjustable" feature

Here is a picture of Mins TL (right), and my TL (left) next to each other to see the comparison.

Link to Full Size
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3153/...6f905aff_o.jpg

Link to Full Size
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3289/...daff9c79_o.jpg
Old 11-18-2008, 01:13 PM
I Quit

thought Min was on SS springs with yellows? did he switch?
Old 11-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

thought Min was on SS springs with yellows? did he switch?
Buh...i dont know. I thought the SS was reserved for the coils only?

(there is a high chance im wrong about SS/H-Tech, never looked too much into springs)

edit: According to TEIN's website, spring models are the HTech, and STech for the UA6

http://www.tein.com/tech_info/a80.html

Last edited by sT04Louis; 11-18-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Racer

i must live in my own world cuz for some reason i thought he had basics...

no one cool makes suspension for the TL

i really wish buddy club did...
Old 11-18-2008, 01:21 PM
I Quit

yes you are right, prashing was wrong, is Min on S-Techs? (correct terminology lol) I remember he had one or the other first and it was too low or not low enough or something so he swapped, but I can't remember the order now.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Thread killer//

nice ride man, pretty sick. thats how i would want mine to look like as for the kit and drop but thats a lot of money.
is it me or do you have some sort of visor above the rear windshield. like how an M3 has.

i may just be getting the teins and call it a day... til the shocks/struts give and buy some konis
all i have done right now is 15% tint. next on the list is to drop it by summer then either lipkit or wheels... i DO like the stock look thoe. what do you guy think it'll look like with only the front lip and not the rest of the kit.

pretty soon we can have another shoot with 3 WDPs lol
Old 11-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Racer

i may just be getting the teins and call it a day... til the shocks/struts give and buy some konis
all i have done right now is 15% tint. next on the list is to drop it by summer then either lipkit or wheels... i DO like the stock look thoe. what do you guy think it'll look like with only the front lip and not the rest of the kit.

15% tint - geeze gangsta

i have to take the tint off mine person before me used reflective stuff and it messes with the nav and stereo -
u would think someone with such an expensive car would get the right kind of tint...

and whole kit FTW
Old 11-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

yes you are right, prashing was wrong, is Min on S-Techs? (correct terminology lol) I remember he had one or the other first and it was too low or not low enough or something so he swapped, but I can't remember the order now.
i didnt know he had switched out.

nice ride man, pretty sick. thats how i would want mine to look like as for the kit and drop but thats a lot of money.
is it me or do you have some sort of visor above the rear windshield. like how an M3 has.

Over my rear window is a Roof Spoiler. Its normally intended for a 93 Civic Lip Spoiler, but fits perfectly at the top of the window like that. Got the M5 replica carbon fiber one. They are still around but none of the new ones are as thick is this one.

If youre going to get the ASPEC kit i suggest getting the full deal. It adds so many sporty/edgy lines to the car that if you only have part of it, it will look off. IMO.

As for a shoot with 3 WDPs, we could have 4 if Rachel gets to work on working the TL-S over with some look cool bits.

[speedconcept rep]

When it comes time to order parts for yours... Myself and just about everyone here will tell ya to go to Speed Concept in Aloha. Most of us are friends with just about everyone that works there, and they will take care of anything you need done. Best part...Lowest prices i can ever find.

[/speedconcept rep]

15% tint - geeze gangsta
i have to take the tint off mine person before me used reflective stuff and it messes with the nav and stereo -
u would think someone with such an expensive car would get the right kind of tint...
Ive got 15% all around on mine right now, needs to be re-done badly. Think ill go 5% this time
Old 11-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by sT04Louis

As for a shoot with 3 WDPs, we could have 4 if Rachel gets to work on working the TL-S over with some look cool bits.

[speedconcept rep]

When it comes time to order parts for yours... Myself and just about everyone here will tell ya to go to Speed Concept in Aloha. Most of us are friends with just about everyone that works there, and they will take care of anything you need done. Best part...Lowest prices i can ever find.

[/speedconcept rep]

Ive got 15% all around on mine right now, needs to be re-done badly. Think ill go 5% this time
hey i joined the flicker group i thought was all i needed to be cool? you mean i still have to do stuff to my car?

haha i believe ill be getting some xmas gifts soon and im hoping for coilovers in jan..but well see..

and i 2nd that speed rep....

and 5%?? you really must be doing some crazy dancing u dont want anyone to see lol...
i believe im going to do 20% all the way around and do the front at like 40%
Old 11-18-2008, 02:41 PM
I Quit

What no love for us TSXers?

spotted a NBP 06 - 08 TSX slammed on shute coming home from lunch today.

[speed concept rep]
Gonna be in on Saturday getting the coilovers installed, schweet deal on install! We all here know someone from Speed Concept and do like going there lol Some of us even have "special" friends there lol
[/rep]
Old 11-18-2008, 02:46 PM
I Quit

i believe im going to do 20% all the way around and do the front at like 40%
girls like to see boys looking, boys like to not have girls see them looking... thus the 5% vs 20/40
Old 11-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

What no love for us TSXers?
PWP does not = WDP

girls like to see boys looking, boys like to not have girls see them looking... thus the 5% vs 20/40

^truth.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Thread killer//

15% tint - geeze gangsta
haha yeah well last time i had 20% on my accord and it wasn't dark enough for me. here's a pic of it with my tl in the background (not tinted yet)

i see that most of you guys are from the west side.. i live in portland but my gf lives in hillsboro so i'm over there a lot; mainly weekends.

maybe you guys have spotted me b4 i traded for the accord in feb this year and already got rid of it.. this is what i used to roll:

13.9 @ 100mph was my best... had to move on thoe

more of the accord cause i'm a whore

Old 11-18-2008, 03:13 PM
WTF?

I sport the eibach pro kit 1.6 front and 1.4 rear.. ride is still good (knock on wood) but i will be getting the koni's summer time i think.. just to have that option for stiffness

Chris why dont you install the coilovers? give you a chance to bond with your car some more.. lose a few knuckles in the process too =)
Old 11-18-2008, 03:15 PM
WTF?

ive seen the rsx before i think.. havent seen the others.. the accord looks nice though..
Old 11-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Nice RSX-S, my brother has a NBP 02 Type-S with i/h/e.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:32 PM
I Quit

Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
I sport the eibach pro kit 1.6 front and 1.4 rear.. ride is still good (knock on wood) but i will be getting the koni's summer time i think.. just to have that option for stiffness

Chris why dont you install the coilovers? give you a chance to bond with your car some more.. lose a few knuckles in the process too =)
it takes speed concept 2 hours to do what'd take me a full day to do. I am a man of convienience lol. I've done everything else on my car but wont mess with suspension or pulleys. Plus with a kid you get their nap time to work and I know I wouldn't be able to get it done in 2 hours lol

Quick Reply: All Oregon Chat Thread