Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota & Washington State

All Oregon Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
UGH.. some sad news last night.. someone mistaked my hood for pavement with a pumpkin =( damn college kids in my area!!! I guess its more reason to get the carbon hood now
spoon
Old 11-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by PPLAPW
Kyle - Have you been to Streets of Tanasbourne? (Macy's, PF Changs, Chipotle) They have a parking garage and the mall itself looks good for pics...
No i have never been there. Back drop looks good though.

I need to venture on down to portland some time for some pics.

Originally Posted by ABP1TSX
hi everyone...

ohhh nice pics.... .
Welcome.

Share some info on your car/mods!

UGH.. some sad news last night.. someone mistaked my hood for pavement with a pumpkin =( damn college kids in my area!!! I guess its more reason to get the carbon hood now
How bad is the damage?

Originally Posted by clee109
EuroR08 - I think I'm going to pick up some Tanabe S-OC's for my xmas gift to myself. Maybe Speed would cut me a deal better than heeltoe????? maybe?????? lol
If not better, hopefully price matched.
They got me a better price than the lowest price i could find when i ordered my AMEs
Old 11-02-2008, 10:10 AM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
typical oregon morning here, I can look out the window to the west and get taunted by blue sky and just beyond it are clouds so dark it looks like night, bleh..

Oh yeah, don't forget to set your clocks back!!!!! fall back!!!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 10:40 AM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by sT04Louis

How bad is the damage?

Ill mostlikely need a new hood.. its dented near the windshield with scratches that go into the paint.. there was a few light scratches on the fender where the pumpkin rolled off but i was able to buff out with my tools =)

Originally Posted by minkl81
spoon
spoon hoods are a grip.. 1200 for it.. i was thinking of a fiberimages hood or carbon creations..

I did however go to fryes and get a surveilance kit so now i hope to catch the people the next time something happens..

BTW anyone know about alarm installs? i bought one and i can figure out about the setup for the most part just dont know if i need to cut the wires to the stock one.. or run a split some how to the existing so both are activated and deactivated at the same time
Old 11-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
i just saw tanabe medallion touring released for 3g TLs.

https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsored-sales-group-buys-10/tanabe-exhausts-04-08-tl-medailon-touring-release-693259/

i think it'll sound great and its surprising that they retained mid muffler and resonator like stock system. this should be great upgrade to my current setup but exhaust tips won't look great on tl-s bumper.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Finding someone to trade base ASPEC for TypeS should be suuuper easy
Old 11-02-2008, 04:08 PM
I Quit

Shameless advertising

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/cleaning-out-my-garage-guitars-camera-speakers-etc-694684/

I'm cleaning out my garage, ABP1TSX has shown interest in the amp and speakers.

If you all are interested in anything let me know.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^I wanna get a present for xmas too from Japan but the wife is adimate against it. Always raining on my parade.
<<wifes a bummer ---if i had a wife like that id be like~

b!tch pls get back in the kitchen

sorry if i offend - but if some boy tried to tell me no id be like hahaha nice try...i guess it is diff when there are rings involved right...
but some how JJ still keeps me from buying another set of $3000 rims haha... im not sure how he does it.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Racer

Thank you, my wheels were formerly Min's wheels lol. I'd like to eventually pick up a set of TE37's but we'll see....need to go lower first. H-Techs were great at first but now I want to go lower, especially when Kyle's makes mine look like a 4x4
oh im selling my ksports if you'd think of getting something used - i put 5000 miles on them...and ur car could be slammed. good deal cuz your local although this may be a bad time to tell u after my previous woman comment above.

tucking ^^^ oh its sexy haha
Old 11-02-2008, 09:44 PM
I Quit

K-sports are soooo uber stiff!!!! At least I have heard they are super stiff. All depends on price though.....
Old 11-02-2008, 10:11 PM
I Quit

Originally Posted by EuroR08
<<wifes a bummer ---if i had a wife like that id be like~

b!tch pls get back in the kitchen

sorry if i offend - but if some boy tried to tell me no id be like hahaha nice try...i guess it is diff when there are rings involved right...
but some how JJ still keeps me from buying another set of $3000 rims haha... im not sure how he does it.
wait till you're married... You know when "b!tch please" no longer works lol Walk out on a marriage and "it's cheaper to keep her" becomes reality! lol
Old 11-03-2008, 03:05 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome.

Share some info on your car/mods!

Not much as far as mods since i picked up the car in july. As of rite now just Htechs, tint, and clear bra. Currently working on finishing up my sound system so we'll see how that comes out. Maybe if i get a huge bonus from work again i can get a nice set of wheels.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:07 AM
Advanced

K-sports are soooo uber stiff!!!! At least I have heard they are super stiff. All depends on price though.....

PM'd you about the stuff. I would go with tanabe's over the ksport. Maybe its because im older now but i had sustec soc's on my rsx and they had a great ride for my daily commute.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:11 AM
Advanced

oh im selling my ksports if you'd think of getting something used - i put 5000 miles on them...and ur car could be slammed. good deal cuz your local although this may be a bad time to tell u after my previous woman comment above.

tucking ^^^ oh its sexy haha
Can you say low? lol... too low for my taste but looks great tho. Is that SC's garage? I havent been out there since my friend left there 3-4yrs ago. i know the other Pat came back to do tints, is he still there?
Old 11-03-2008, 03:23 AM
Advanced

BTW anyone know about alarm installs? i bought one and i can figure out about the setup for the most part just dont know if i need to cut the wires to the stock one.. or run a split some how to the existing so both are activated and deactivated at the same time
You dont need to cut out the stock one. They can run independently of one another. Some alarms have a factory disarm/arm wire(s) and can be wired up like so but it does put slightly higher drain on the battery. In my Rsx, i had a clifford that i ran independent of the factory alarm but only used the clifford unless im out at the mall or a somewhere im going to take awhile. That also means u carry to fobs
Old 11-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Can you say low? lol... too low for my taste but looks great tho. Is that SC's garage? I havent been out there since my friend left there 3-4yrs ago. i know the other Pat came back to do tints, is he still there?
Good sir....there is no such thing as "too low"
Old 11-03-2008, 09:34 AM
I Quit

Too low and you'll need bags so you can lift up just enough to make it over those dips in the bridgeport garage Slammed on bags FTMFW!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:31 AM
WTF?

Thanks for the update ABP1TSX! ill probably try and figure a way to arm and disarm off the same button.. My wife will complain too much it we have to do both ( i can hear the nagging now)

got cameras installed on the house yesterday.. UGH that was a pain.. kinda cool to watch though.. gotta figure out how to watch remotely now haha
Old 11-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Racer

they have adjustable dampening so its all how you set them. i personally like it stiff (haha) so i always had mine set to hard - it still rode nice not bouncy at all just firm and stuck to the rode - lets not forget i do have boobs and im not trying to give myself a black eye. haha

they kg rating is really what matters for how stiff the set is going to be - i actually was sad when shopping for suspension cuz nothing was as stiff for the TSX as it had been for my TC. why do ppl think that cuz a car is luxury that it can't be modded.

and i think i'm going to post them for 600 obo - thats what i sold mine for off my TC and they had about 8k on them. but since your in town idk 575ish?? I'm going to post them up on the BM tonight when i get home if i have time.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Racer

damn straight!

it actually was too low tho it rubbed a little and i manage to take off my mud guards going home haha (i have 3 or 4 speed bumps to make it over everyday )

i lifted it about 1/2 an inch from that and it was perfect. i think you should be as close to rubbing as possible - that is how you measure your skill
Old 11-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Racer

Too low and you'll need bags so you can lift up just enough to make it over those dips in the bridgeport garage Slammed on bags FTMFW!
<<haha those dips could eat small cars...
Old 11-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Racer

oh and yes that is SC's garage, and Anthony does tint with his cusin - i can't think of his name at the moment. I haven't seen Phat Pat around in awhile.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

<<haha those dips could eat small cars...
What Dips?? Ive never had any problem at bridgeport...or even noticed anything to cause concern.

they have adjustable dampening so its all how you set them. i personally like it stiff (haha) so i always had mine set to hard - it still rode nice not bouncy at all just firm and stuck to the rode - lets not forget i do have boobs and im not trying to give myself a black eye. haha

they kg rating is really what matters for how stiff the set is going to be - i actually was sad when shopping for suspension cuz nothing was as stiff for the TSX as it had been for my TC. why do ppl think that cuz a car is luxury that it can't be modded.

and i think i'm going to post them for 600 obo - thats what i sold mine for off my TC and they had about 8k on them. but since your in town idk 575ish?? I'm going to post them up on the BM tonight when i get home if i have
time.
When is K-Sport gonna come out with a Remote Controller for the dampening adjustment? When my brother got K-Sports on his DC5, the controller was "in the works"

IMO, any car that has the ass end bouncing uncontrollably is just nub like. There is no reason a car that is lowered has to ride like it has heated/chopped springs.
Ask Min or Chris, for how low my car is, it rides really close to OEM suspension with 19's on a 35 series.

Last edited by sT04Louis; 11-03-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Racer

and i think i'm going to post them for 600 obo - thats what i sold mine for off my TC and they had about 8k on them. but since your in town idk 575ish?? I'm going to post them up on the BM tonight when i get home if i have time.
oh and as a side note - my mom could barely tell the diff between stock ride and with it lowered when i changed it half way back to soft...ahhh the joy of adjustable dampening
Old 11-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Racer

When is K-Sport gonna come out with a Remote Controller for the dampening adjustment? When my brother got K-Sports on his DC5, the controller was "in the works"
ya there suppose to have one soon....they're usually pretty good at getting stuff done fast. They just decided to make coilovers for 04+ TL's and I'm getting a test set thats only suppose to take a month maybe 2. We'll see how well they hold their word.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

ya there suppose to have one soon....they're usually pretty good at getting stuff done fast. They just decided to make coilovers for 04+ TL's and I'm getting a test set thats only suppose to take a month maybe 2. We'll see how well they hold their word.
Nice, whats the range on the drop? Any word on Camber/Caster Plates?

Also saw you were interested in HRE wheels? 1/4 cost of the car.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:16 PM
I Quit

Kyle - I saw you crawling over this little humps in the garage LOL! I will attest though your car's ride comfort is phenomenal for the ride height.

As for why can't a luxury car be stiff, I'm not against it, just not my cup o' tea, when hauling the fam and baby once in a blue moon in the TSX you'll want a softer ride, 2 year olds get cranky quick. Plus, if I went with the adjustable shock/strut set up it'd have to be with EDFC because I am not interested in pulling the back seat to make an adjustment every time lol
Old 11-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Racer

. Plus, if I went with the adjustable shock/strut set up it'd have to be with EDFC because I am not interested in pulling the back seat to make an adjustment every time lol
they make extenders that sit flush you don't have to pull everything out
Old 11-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Racer

Nice, whats the range on the drop? Any word on Camber/Caster Plates?

Also saw you were interested in HRE wheels? 1/4 cost of the car.
idk yet i gotta talk more to Jae when he gets back from Vegas.

and yes HRE wheels they're beautiful. im pretty sure i wont be buying them tho lol and not quite 1/4 cost of the car they're only like 5 grand - only 5 grand hahaha - i actually think im going to keep the stock type s wheels i like em - plus im putting bright blue SSR wheels on my TEG thats good enough for me
Old 11-03-2008, 12:42 PM
I Quit

5K for wheels? no tires? nuts

do your ksports have "extenders"

ha sounds like a male "enhancement" commerical
Old 11-03-2008, 01:15 PM
WTF?

im not just a member but i am a client.. err wait thats not how the quote goes i dont think haha
Old 11-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Racer

5K for wheels? no tires? nuts

do your ksports have "extenders"

ha sounds like a male "enhancement" commerical
hey i paid 3200 for my magnesium volks no tires - now im trying to sell them for 2200 and ppl think its a bad deal - idk whats wrong with them!

and i think i do - I'll double check the box tonight. - im pretty sure they come with every set because i had them on the TC too - everyset of ksports ive seen has them...i didn't put mine on my car because i didn't ever plan on adjusting it.

Im single and no kids - only my fat friends sit in back haha
Old 11-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Kyle - I saw you crawling over this little humps in the garage LOL! I will attest though your car's ride comfort is phenomenal for the ride height.

As for why can't a luxury car be stiff, I'm not against it, just not my cup o' tea, when hauling the fam and baby once in a blue moon in the TSX you'll want a softer ride, 2 year olds get cranky quick. Plus, if I went with the adjustable shock/strut set up it'd have to be with EDFC because I am not interested in pulling the back seat to make an adjustment every time lol
You talking about the speed bumps?? I always drive super slow over stuff like that. Oh and im a asshole that wants everyone to get a good look. So slow and low is the way for me.

idk yet i gotta talk more to Jae when he gets back from Vegas.

and yes HRE wheels they're beautiful. im pretty sure i wont be buying them tho lol and not quite 1/4 cost of the car they're only like 5 grand - only 5 grand hahaha - i actually think im going to keep the stock type s wheels i like em - plus im putting bright blue SSR wheels on my TEG thats good enough for me

There is A (single) HRE that you posted about at 503 Motoring. Looks good in person, and i many of time said i wanted them. But in no way would i ever send anyone to 503. That place is a waste of garage space that wont give you the time of day if your car doesnt cost as much as a house.

im not just a member but i am a client.. err wait thats not how the quote goes i dont think haha
rofl
Old 11-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Racer

There is A (single) HRE that you posted about at 503 Motoring. Looks good in person, and i many of time said i wanted them. But in no way would i ever send anyone to 503. That place is a waste of garage space that wont give you the time of day if your car doesnt cost as much as a house.

i take it you've had bad experiences??lol ive never been there
Old 11-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

i take it you've had bad experiences??lol ive never been there
Ha...Just a couple.

I got my brakes there, and the owner got all pissy because i wasnt gonna pay $500 for install.
So he went off about how his shop isnt some back door Honda shop for people to just buy parts...
Funny how they have a deal with Ron Tonkin Acura to do tints...that get sent out to be done somewhere else.

Anyways. Speaking off all the low car talk. On saturday im not exactly sure how he did it but my brothers header "broke" after he bottomed out on something. Sheered off about 1.5in behind a weld...odd place for it to break. Anyways he was at work so i drove it to the Exhaust place to be re-welded. Luckily i did this because no ones else that followed me to the shop in my car could figure out why i was backing in to the driveway of the place so the "cat back" section wouldnt hang up on the sidewalk and rip that out the back of t he car.

Still havnt been thanked....ungrateful turd.

Last edited by sT04Louis; 11-03-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:32 PM
I Quit

^^^weld on the flex pipe maybe? would have been somewhat funny if it did rip off.... like a good youtube video lol
Old 11-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Ha...Just a couple.

I got my brakes there, and the owner got all pissy because i wasnt gonna pay $500 for install.
So he went off about how his shop isnt some back door Honda shop for people to just buy parts...
Funny how they have a deal with Ron Tonkin Acura to do tints...that get sent out to be done somewhere else.

Oh and to add on...

They ordered the wrong rear rotors. Had some shit for a lambo or a porsche...could never tell me which.

Took 3 weeks to get this fixed. During this time i had to bring in a box...yes a cardboard box for them to send the wrong rotors back in.
Then i get a call saying to come in to talk about a issue, but wont tell me the issue. I call Rotora, and im told that 503 cancelled my order. So then i had to re-order the correct rotors from Rotora directly. Which they only did because they were having as much trouble with 503 as i did. Going to the point of saying that they had already been flagged to have their dealer account closed...AFTER 1 ORDER

Fuck...now im pissed off all over again. Dont even get me started on issues i have with them not related to cars. :shakehead
Old 11-03-2008, 03:08 PM
WTF?

damn.. ill trade you my crappy neighbor hood punks for your car issues =) sounds fair doesnt it?
Old 11-03-2008, 03:11 PM
Racer

Oh and to add on...

They ordered the wrong rear rotors. Had some shit for a lambo or a porsche...could never tell me which.

Took 3 weeks to get this fixed. During this time i had to bring in a box...yes a cardboard box for them to send the wrong rotors back in.
Then i get a call saying to come in to talk about a issue, but wont tell me the issue. I call Rotora, and im told that 503 cancelled my order. So then i had to re-order the correct rotors from Rotora directly. Which they only did because they were having as much trouble with 503 as i did. Going to the point of saying that they had already been flagged to have their dealer account closed...AFTER 1 ORDER

Fuck...now im pissed off all over again. Dont even get me started on issues i have with them not related to cars. :shakehead

damn thats pretty bad...ya i probably wont be going there any time soon lol
Old 11-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

damn.. ill trade you my crappy neighbor hood punks for your car issues =) sounds fair doesnt it?
Was that a play on words?

damn thats pretty bad...ya i probably wont be going there any time soon lol

I wish i could have gone with SpeedConcept. Even tried talking them into ordering them time and time again, but JJ wouldnt budge...apparently there is some bad juju with SC and Rotora.

Quick Reply: All Oregon Chat Thread