Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

Integra Aftermarket Mods....

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2023, 03:58 PM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 45 Posts
Aftermarket Mods....

Anyone tweeking their civic, umm I mean 5th Gen Integras yet?

I have picked up a 2023 Acura Integra Aspec manual (as it should be!) in white.

​I am happy with the car and have essentially come to terms that I am not going to up grade to the Type S, as the price difference will be just too much (Estimating it to be at least around $15,000 after taxes PDI etc), I have however changed a couple things:

1) K-Tuner - Flash mod (Starter 21 Dual Tune). Great cheap mod that keeps the car performance essentially stock in Normal, and comfort modes, but in sport mode it Boosts the turbo to 21 PSI (stock is around 16 - 16.5PSI). This way I can keep the wear and tear down on the engine, and gas mileage low for everyday driving.
2) PRL High Volume Intake.Sound is only a little more throaty, and you can now faintly hear the turbo blow off sound.
3) PRL Intercooler, Charge Pipes, Large Inlet Pipe. Provides a bit of performance boost and no heat soak.

Future mods will be changing the rims to 19" rims with Michelin Pilot 4S tires, and a Helical Oil separator. But that is all I intend to do to the car. I find that the Teg handles really well, it just needs better summer tires - Perhaps Type R front and rear swaybars?🤔

Thoughts?

What has anyone else done?

​​​​​​​
Old 02-11-2023, 05:35 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,434 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrifff
Anyone tweeking their civic, umm I mean 5th Gen Integras yet?

I have picked up a 2023 Acura Integra Aspec manual (as it should be!) in white.

​I am happy with the car and have essentially come to terms that I am not going to up grade to the Type S, as the price difference will be just too much (Estimating it to be at least around $15,000 after taxes PDI etc), I have however changed a couple things:

1) K-Tuner - Flash mod (Starter 21 Dual Tune). Great cheap mod that keeps the car performance essentially stock in Normal, and comfort modes, but in sport mode it Boosts the turbo to 21 PSI (stock is around 16 - 16.5PSI). This way I can keep the wear and tear down on the engine, and gas mileage low for everyday driving.
2) PRL High Volume Intake.Sound is only a little more throaty, and you can now faintly hear the turbo blow off sound.
3) PRL Intercooler, Charge Pipes, Large Inlet Pipe. Provides a bit of performance boost and no heat soak.

Future mods will be changing the rims to 19" rims with Michelin Pilot 4S tires, and a Helical Oil separator. But that is all I intend to do to the car. I find that the Teg handles really well, it just needs better summer tires - Perhaps Type R front and rear swaybars?🤔

Thoughts?

What has anyone else done?
I have a Ktuner as well and noticed that even on the 19psi map, I'm getting a little bit of clutch slip. On 21psi there's even more, and on the 23psi map there's a ton. Notice that the wheels are spinning at a slower rate than they should be at a given RPM compared to the factory tune (I'm using the A/F axis to represent MPH).

It's been well documented that the stock clutch can't hold much more torque beyond stock. If you're doing power mods, you'll probably want to consider installing the RV6 FK8 retrofit flywheel that will allow you to use the CTR clutch.

Last edited by fiatlux; 02-11-2023 at 05:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Chargersix (02-23-2023)
Old 02-13-2023, 09:37 PM
Instructor

Fortunately I have not experienced any clutch slip @ 21 PSI. However that could be for 2 reasons:

1) I am not lunching the car off the line and slamming shifts - My previous car was a manual 2015 Audi S4 tuned stage 2 with about 380-390 ft/lbs of torque. The clutch would slip if I launched the Car, and/or slammed 1st to 2nd shifts. Hence I don't do that anymore.

2) I am currently running running on Michelin XIII Winter tires on stock rims with only 225 tread width, so they will spin a little, and would offset clutch slippage. I very well will notice it when I put my Michelin Sport 4S tires on.

I also forgot to add some pics....

The following users liked this post:
lauren01 (02-14-2023)
Old 02-23-2023, 05:59 PM
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
@fiatlux Do not have an Integra (RDX and TLX) but that was a very truthful and useful post, since Honda products leave so much HP available for a proper tune. And you provided good info on how much may be too much without additional mods. I watch this forum as the Type S may persuade me to trade in my slightly modified NC Miata for a new, more comfy, fun times vehicle. Thanks again.
Old 04-27-2023, 11:38 PM
Instructor

Wheels.... Finally!

Finally put the snows in storage and found some rims that would work with my tires from my previous car (Michelin Pilot 4S - 255 30 R19 with 85‰ tread wear left). Almost the size on the Type R/Type S.

Bremmer Kraft BR18 wheels (Black Machined with Dark Tint)
- Flush fitting with +45 Offset 19" x 8.5
- Rotary Flow Forged, light weight @23.7 lbs each
- DOT Approved.

The following 2 users liked this post by Chrifff:
godfather2 (05-09-2023), JM2010 SH-AWD (04-28-2023)
Old 04-28-2023, 08:03 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,020 Likes on 761 Posts
Brakes/Rotors look tiny behind those wheels. I like the car tho! They are growing on me.
Old 04-28-2023, 10:43 AM
Instructor

Yup... I don't like the look of the calipers. However I would still suspect the Civic Type R calipers and rotors would still look a little small. Lol

No big brake kit in the future for me. I did that with my previous car. The Teg just needs better fluid and better pads - which I will change out much later
Old 05-08-2023, 04:48 PM
Instructor

Finally weighed the stock rims compared to the new aftermarket ones, I am actually quite impressed by the difference:

Sock rim (18" x 8") on winter Michelin Pilot XIII 225/45 R 18
51.8 Lbs

Aftermarket (19" x 8.5) on Michelin Pilot 4S summer tires 255/35R 19

47.4 lbs

4.4 lbs per wheel is is a decent difference considering the rim and tires sizes!

Old 05-08-2023, 05:10 PM
Instructor

One more thing I did to the car. A friend of mine had some extra Urathane which I used to fill in rear motor mount gaps. It was free so I figured what the heck, why not try it.

The car seems to have less wheel hop than before the change. Also a fairly noticeable less engine movement when looking into

engine bay and revving the engine.

Of course the biggest plus no NVH or even movement in the shift nob when the car is idling in or out of gear!
Old 05-11-2023, 10:08 PM
Instructor

Ok I know this is going to cause some to question me but I have to say I have not discovered any clutch slippage!

Believe me I know when my clutch slips, I have felt it so many times in previous vehicles especially my previous Audi S4 to a point I never slam my shifts especially 1st to 2nd. Reading what others have reported on their Tegs, I totally expected to feel the clutch slip as soon as I put the summer tires on planting the power to the pavement, however I noticed nothing. To confirm my findings, I had a friend that is much more involved with vehicles and works on them personally, he drove the car - We both have not noticed any slipping.

Now to be clear, I generally do not launch the car by revving the engine to 3000 - 5000 RPM and drop the clutch ( I have nothing to prove to anyone and do not race ). But I have tried a couple 3000 dumps and did not notice slippage, and very little wheel hop either.

I am running K-Tuner Dual Stage tune at 22 PSI on sport mode. There is no noticeable difference between stock launch and 22 PSI. The way the tune works with my setup is that in Comfort/Normal/Individual (with sport selected in each independent area in the individual mode - However no extra power from the tune is noticed in this mode) hence at stock PSI. In Sport mode is when the 22 PSI kicks in and I definitely can feel the extra surge of power in Sport mode especially in torque from sport mode with tune compared with the other modes.

Am I that oblivious... I think not! But again I don't drive like I stole my car or like I am at the track on daily driving. Is it possible I am one of the lucky ones that fluked out? - Maybe. But I thought I would post my findings and see if I am the only one?