Old 01-27-2023, 05:51 PM
Racer

Received 181 Likes on 139 Posts
MDX Map Update

There’s a new Map update out: 2022.10.04
Old 04-20-2023, 04:39 AM
Resurrected Drummer

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
There was another 2023.02.14 (?) . I just learned of this and in process of Uploading the new NAVI update. FYI.
Old 04-25-2023, 09:32 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Almatti
There was another 2023.02.14 (?) . I just learned of this and in process of Uploading the new NAVI update. FYI.
Newest update for the MDX is 2023.01.03. I just downloaded it yesterday and installed it.
Old 04-25-2023, 09:48 AM
Resurrected Drummer

You are correct on the newest Version. I posted the wrong date 2023.02.14, sorry.
Old 08-12-2023, 10:15 AM
Racer

There’s a new map update for the 22 MDX.

Version 2023.03.14
Old 08-13-2023, 08:42 AM
Resurrected Drummer

THX for the head's UP. Doing the download now. Info is Power!!
Old 08-13-2023, 03:25 PM
Racer

You bet & welcome!!
Old 08-14-2023, 04:56 AM
Resurrected Drummer

This brings one thing to Light. Even as a AcuraLink customer, you would think Acura Customers would get a notice of a new Map Update other than getting smae form memebers at the Forum?.
Old 11-18-2023, 11:17 AM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Purchased a CPO MDX this week - map is out of date... Went online and downloaded the file to a USB. How do you install it? I put the USB in the car, but looking at help, there is no install or other features to find the map update. I turned the car off and on, thinking it might auto start - no indication it is installing or has installed - any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 11-18-2023, 03:18 PM
Resurrected Drummer

Thermoguy, there is no status indiator !! Crazy, but True. Just Plug in the Flashdrive into the centyer console USB. The NAVI screen should flash a brief message that In process of Upgrading the Map. It takes awhiile. If I'm correct, it uploads the data with the car On and not moving (?). I literally drove short trips for days and then the message appears that the aMap has been upgraded to the new version. Hope this helps. You can verify (Trust But Verify) by going into Settings to check the Version number - note which one you have now, and then note the version number upon completion.
Old 11-19-2023, 10:31 AM
Instructor

Thermoguy, there is no status indiator !! Crazy, but True. Just Plug in the Flashdrive into the centyer console USB. The NAVI screen should flash a brief message that In process of Upgrading the Map. It takes awhiile. If I'm correct, it uploads the data with the car On and not moving (?). I literally drove short trips for days and then the message appears that the aMap has been upgraded to the new version. Hope this helps. You can verify (Trust But Verify) by going into Settings to check the Version number - note which one you have now, and then note the version number upon completion.
Thank you for the help.
Old 11-19-2023, 08:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Thermoguy
Purchased a CPO MDX this week - map is out of date... Went online and downloaded the file to a USB. How do you install it? I put the USB in the car, but looking at help, there is no install or other features to find the map update. I turned the car off and on, thinking it might auto start - no indication it is installing or has installed - any suggestions?

Thanks
What I do to check if it’s still updating etc is you can hit the home button and then click on navigation. By doing this at any time during the update process when you click on the navigation icon the “maps updating” message will flash on the screen for a second or two.
Old 12-18-2023, 09:44 AM
Instructor

Still trying to update the map on mine. I have the USB with the map on it. I have tried it on the USB in the center consul and the one by the shifter, no luck with either location. Is there a way to force the update to start? I have looked all over the maps when driving and no "updating" message appears or flashes on the screen. I am really upset they didn't update the maps when I bought it. What's the point of CPO if they don't do things like update the maps and software... My guess is they washed the car and put it out for sale.

TIA.
Old 12-18-2023, 05:23 PM
Racer

Still trying to update the map on mine. I have the USB with the map on it. I have tried it on the USB in the center consul and the one by the shifter, no luck with either location. Is there a way to force the update to start? I have looked all over the maps when driving and no "updating" message appears or flashes on the screen. I am really upset they didn't update the maps when I bought it. What's the point of CPO if they don't do things like update the maps and software... My guess is they washed the car and put it out for sale.

TIA.
It will only update via the USB port in the center armrest area. Here is what I do: Reverser yourself out of your driveway FIRST if you have to reverse out. Once in the street pull forward and put the car in park, while still running, and insert the USB drive with the Map update on in into the port inside the Armrest console. You should see the “Map updating” flash within a minute or so. Then you can start driving. Do NOT stop the car and shut it off prior to the update complete message or I’m fairly certain the update starts over.

Report back after trying this as this process has worked for me multiple times!
Old 12-23-2023, 09:02 AM
Resurrected Drummer

I updated my Navi Map previously a few times on my 22 MDX Advance. But this "latest" version (which actually is at least 8 months old -March), has been problematic upgrade. In the past few times, after downloading to a dedicated 32GB Flashdrive, I would insert the FD into the center console USB port and after driving around for a few days (I drove lost locally), it would Pop up that the Map is Updated!. Not this time. It seem to stall and then tghe screen says the upload stopped, Re-insert the FD and start over again. I suspect a Glitch in the download? HERE is Impossible to contact. In a previous version earlier this year, I downloaded a newer version and then stopped and was Not Available any longer at The HERE site? And then when I inserted the FD with the downloaded version, it Bounced it back saying the wrong version was on the FD. I then went back and downloaded an earlier version (I forgot how I did that), Ver 2023.01.03 (I think) and that uploaded to the car. Very Frustrating !! Perhaps the newer Software uploaded a few months ago, has something to do with this.
Old 12-24-2023, 06:26 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE= And then when I inserted the FD with the downloaded version, it Bounced it back saying the wrong version was on the FD. I then went back and downloaded an earlier version (I forgot how I did that), Ver 2023.01.03 (I think) and that uploaded to the car. Very Frustrating !! Perhaps the newer Software uploaded a few months ago, has something to do with this.[/QUOTE]

To the best of my knowledge, Ver 2023.01.03 is the latest version of the navigation software..
Old 12-27-2023, 10:24 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Midwestuser1
There’s a new map update for the 22 MDX.

Version 2023.03.14
This is the latest Map version for MDX as it’s what I have installed.
Old 12-29-2023, 10:04 AM
Resurrected Drummer

That's what I found at the HERE site. But to date despite downloading it and now trying to Upload it, i"m having some weird issues. It pops up a window telling to re-insert the FD into the USB port to proceed with re-upload. It is inserted into the port? I tried to re-download it onto the FD , but the downloader opos up that it appears to be already downloaded on the Drive. I have done this at least 3 times before without these issues?
Old 12-29-2023, 04:53 PM
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
I'm having the same issue as you do.
Previous updates went relatively smoothly...
Old 12-30-2023, 05:15 AM
Resurrected Drummer

Another problem which seems very consistent with many products, there is no ability to call someone at the company HERE. I will try o contact via email as I did once before, with No response. Perhaps this Forum has some Pull with Acura to say WTF with HERE.
Old 12-31-2023, 12:08 PM
mvl
Racer

Received 203 Likes on 135 Posts
According to silently revised manuals, they are launching wifi direct map downloads from the cars, back to at least the 2022 models. Go to owners.acura.com and download the new manuals for steps.

I'm planning to try later today, but that would be a lot more convenient than the USB stuff.
The following users liked this post:
Almatti (12-31-2023)
Old 12-31-2023, 12:09 PM
Instructor

Still no luck installing the update. I have it in the USB on the dash, not the consul between the seats. I went to move it and I got an error that the update stopped when I removed the stick and went to put it in the consul - I am confused what USB to put it in. I get no messages other than the one when I removed it. We mostly drive short drives lately but on Friday I stayed in the car when my wife went into the store, so the car was on for 40 minutes or so, still no update. I am confident that the correct update is on my USB - 32 G.
Old 12-31-2023, 01:22 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,236 Likes on 1,023 Posts
Still no luck installing the update. I have it in the USB on the dash, not the consul between the seats. I went to move it and I got an error that the update stopped when I removed the stick and went to put it in the consul - I am confused what USB to put it in. I get no messages other than the one when I removed it. We mostly drive short drives lately but on Friday I stayed in the car when my wife went into the store, so the car was on for 40 minutes or so, still no update. I am confident that the correct update is on my USB - 32 G.
I realize this is the MDX forum but I updated my RDX this Summer and the data migration from the USB to the RDX was 70 mins almost exactly. Other threads I have read have had other users say it was over an hour to do the upload. I'm thinking the upload wasn't completed in the 40 or so mins you mentioned.
I don't have an MDX so can't help with which port to use, but can tell you I was successful with the port below the dash and NOT the one in the center console armrest. Again - I am referencing my RDX not your MDX. Just passing along a data point that might help with equivalence. $$0.02

Last edited by NBP04TL4ME; 12-31-2023 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-01-2024, 06:59 AM
mvl
Racer

Attempted the wifi updates on my 22 rdx pmc and the menu option was not available.

Weird: if I select owners manuals without logging in, if gives a 22 pmc manual that says wifi updates are doable. But if I log in and use my vin, it gives an older manual without wifi updates. Maybe something to do with my pmc having f1.1.2 software as the latest available, where all other mdx/rdxs have f1.2.2.
Old 01-01-2024, 08:48 AM
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
The data USB port is located in the center console under the armrest. That is the port for updating the navigation.
Old 01-01-2024, 08:50 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by papachan
I'm having the same issue as you do.
Previous updates went relatively smoothly...
Is the previous version still working in the meantime?
Old 01-01-2024, 09:43 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by JandS Canada
Is the previous version still working in the meantime?
Yes, you can use it.
The updates include new and/or changed map information like roads, names, etc.
Old 01-01-2024, 09:51 AM
Resurrected Drummer

mvl, I did what you indicated. The Revised NAVI Manual, page 41, takes you to the HERE site with the same problem with this 2023.14.03 version which does not seem want to upload as many have mentioned here , including me.
Old 01-01-2024, 09:56 AM
Resurrected Drummer

Exactly The Same for me. I've tried to upload this newer version 3X already. I went back to the HERE site, and when I went to re-download the upgrade, the window popped up that You already have the newest version downloaded on the FD. This is Screwed up. I sent an email to Customer Service at Acura awaiting a response.
Old 01-01-2024, 10:00 AM
Racer

Exactly The Same for me. I've tried to upload this newer version 3X already. I went back to the HERE site, and when I went to re-download the upgrade, the window popped up that You already have the newest version downloaded on the FD. This is Screwed up. I sent an email to Customer Service at Acura awaiting a response.
I wonder if “HERE” is in the middle of this migration process to allow Map updates via WiFi and that’s affecting the USB download version? Just a thought. With the Holiday vacations they are also likely low on staff this time of year.
Old 01-01-2024, 01:47 PM
mvl
Racer

mvl, I did what you indicated. The Revised NAVI Manual, page 41, takes you to the HERE site with the same problem with this 2023.14.03 version which does not seem want to upload as many have mentioned here , including me.
I'm talking about the new page below. Says you can access maps from the car directly over wifi, no computer/USB needed. If I don't type in a VIN, I get a manual with below for my 22RDX. If I type my vin I get an old manual where this page is missing.

My guess is a new SW update will roll out soon and the manuals will be assigned to my car once my VIN gets the update.

Old 01-02-2024, 04:31 AM
Resurrected Drummer

mvl, I'll try this today. Well, at least check for this WiFi Update which I do not recall coming up when accessing the Menu in the Navi screen. I see that you refer to a 22 RDX, wonder if it's the same for MDX?
Old 01-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Racer

mvl, I'll try this today. Well, at least check for this WiFi Update which I do not recall coming up when accessing the Menu in the Navi screen. I see that you refer to a 22 RDX, wonder if it's the same for MDX?
I just checked the Map menu options in my 22 MDX Type S Advance and this “Map update” option does NOT show up yet. If our MDX’s are to also get the ability to update our Maps via WiFi it’s not yet available in the Menu’s. My guess is we’d get an infotainment update pushed that includes this “WiFi Map update option” IF our MDX’s are to get this capability.
Old 01-02-2024, 06:51 PM
mvl
Racer

When not logged in, the owners.acura.com manual for the 22 mdx has wifi updates on page 41, just like the 22 rdx manual. So possibly this is coming for the 22 mdx too.

If any of you log into owners.acura.com, and choose your 22 mdx and its manual, do you see an old manual without this page, like I do with my 22 rdx (when logged in)?
Old 01-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by mvl
When not logged in, the owners.acura.com manual for the 22 mdx has wifi updates on page 41, just like the 22 rdx manual. So possibly this is coming for the 22 mdx too.

If any of you log into owners.acura.com, and choose your 22 mdx and its manual, do you see an old manual without this page, like I do with my 22 rdx (when logged in)?
Anybody else have issues logging in after some time has passed forcing a password reset?
Has happened to me on multiple occasions... And it requires you to wait 15 minutes before you can reset it... Very annoying.
Old 01-03-2024, 08:01 PM
mvl
Racer

Originally Posted by papachan
Anybody else have issues logging in after some time has passed forcing a password reset?
Has happened to me on multiple occasions... And it requires you to wait 15 minutes before you can reset it... Very annoying.
I recall this a couple times the past 10 years. But not in the last 6 months.

I recall that Honda and Acura owner websites started sharing logins a while back, and they began to merge with the Acuralink app and Honda Finance websites too. Maybe they merged IDs on you and picked the "wrong" password in case you had different ones.
Old 01-04-2024, 04:58 AM
Resurrected Drummer

Originally Posted by Midwestuser1
I just checked the Map menu options in my 22 MDX Type S Advance and this “Map update” option does NOT show up yet. If our MDX’s are to also get the ability to update our Maps via WiFi it’s not yet available in the Menu’s. My guess is we’d get an infotainment update pushed that includes this “WiFi Map update option” IF our MDX’s are to get this capability.
Me Too.... I don't see that option in the NAVI Menu. When checking into how to upgrade the NAVI maps - it directs me to Download the latest maps form HERE, etc....... This latest version still won't Upload. I have left an emal at HERE's site and now eill call Acura too.
Old 01-04-2024, 06:47 PM
Racer

Me Too.... I don't see that option in the NAVI Menu. When checking into how to upgrade the NAVI maps - it directs me to Download the latest maps form HERE, etc....... This latest version still won't Upload. I have left an emal at HERE's site and now eill call Acura too.
I suspect the ability to update our Maps via WiFi is coming for 2022-2024 MDX and on also. Just a guess on my part!
Old 01-26-2024, 04:17 PM
Racer

New map update is available for download. Latest version 2023.06.13

FYI!
The following users liked this post:
JandS Canada (02-03-2024)
Old 02-03-2024, 08:45 AM
Advanced

Did you do the update? Any issues?

Quick Reply: MDX Map Update