Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Shorty is pregnant.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TS_eXpeed
If we're referring to the same thing,

If you can't man up to the possibility of havin a kid, don't .

Tough, but true.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For the future:

Old 01-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
It's a responsibility. Whether you wanted it or not, Don't run & hide from it. I'll be a bit harsh & say if you have sex there's always a chance to get burned. You did, you both need to take responsibility for your actions.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:10 AM
if you only knew...

Originally Posted by greco9885
I just realized, I was talking with my girl about this about an hour before you posted this lol... what a coincidence.

Anyway, she just turned 20 and she decided that she will keep it if she ever gets preggo
Make sure you use protection! Also, get yourself a hot tub, and wear your cell phone on your belt (both have been shown to temporarily lower your "count"). If you really disagree on this, though, you have some soul searching to do. The best time to plan for things is before they happen, you know?
Old 01-28-2009, 11:13 AM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it's one of the ironies in life.

i know many couples that want to and are planning to have a baby. and they have to make sure the timing's all right, play the %'s, etc and it's so difficult.

yet, you hear countless stories of couples that don't want to have a baby, and they get pregnant.

:shakehead
Old 01-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Race Director

life's funny like that I suppose.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:24 AM
contemplating future mods

Received 132 Likes on 94 Posts
My ex and I went through this 4 years ago. We ended up having a losing the baby after 2 months. The worst thing that I have ever gone through at that time. Turns out that she was absolutely crazy and we ended up getting a divorce. Just goes to show that there is something "bigger" out there.

Well, I figure that in doing the next right thing, the next right thing will happen... and so forth.

Good Luck to the both of you.
Racer

Originally Posted by AMGala
The way I see it is that if she does resent him for this, two things could happen:

1) If they do stay together and end up getting married, etc. etc. then any resentment would disappear when they have their first planned child.
It doesn't work that way.
Quarterlife Crisis....

Received 108 Likes on 84 Posts
WOW, talk about working on "Thread of the Year 09"

GL OP. Couple of close calls for me too, but nothing so far *knock on wood*

I dont plan on kids anytime soon, but you always have that risk when you play in the bedroom. No Play = Nothing to worry about.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by johnnysquire
It doesn't work that way.

there are way too many variables in play in each and every relationship.

you can't make general statements about what can and will happen.

every relationship is different.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:30 AM
contrarian in fashion

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by pebe
Damn, sorry to hear. I been there, 3 times. If you were planning the pregnancy, just keep trying, it'll happen.

/hijack
wasnt planned... but when i found out all i can say was "wow".. but i was happy at the time
Old 01-28-2009, 11:39 AM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
Originally Posted by phil2
&
i knew someone would get it
Old 01-28-2009, 11:45 AM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Thanks for all the wise words. We will be having a discussion tonight and see where it goes from there.

I am having mixed feelings about an abortion. But we might be going to the doctor soon to see how long she has been pregnant. I think she is not even a month. She got her period last month.

And to some people in the thread. I love this girl....We been together for 3 years. SO whatever decision she makes I will accept.

But deep down inside I dont want to have a kid.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:45 AM
hates the winter

This is why I check my g/fs BC pills.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:46 AM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
Whore houses ftw...

Honestly, goodluck with whatever you both decide to do. As for my opinion, I would wait till I'm financially stable to have a child. But unfortunately that doesn't always go according to plan. Therefore my next decision would be based soley on whether I'm in love with her or not. I would not suck it up for a woman I did not care for to begin with. I would do everything I can to make it work if it was someone I care for. That's me being honest.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:47 AM
.... .... .... ... ....

The thing that sucks is that she is tooo immature to have a child. For god sake she cannot even take car of her puppy or keep her room clean.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:48 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Dude if you have been with, for some reason, the same chick since you were 16 you should have opted for an IUD or birth control pills. Then this shit would not have happened.

Last edited by subinf; 01-28-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:50 AM
.... .... .... ... ....

^I have to tell this girl to do everything. I been trying to get her on BC forever.

FOREVER!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Blazing GT
^I have to tell this girl to do everything. I been trying to get her on BC forever.

FOREVER!
so did you not use any kind of contraceptive?

and definitely doesn't sound like this girl is mature or responsible enough to raise a baby.

at "i have to tell this girl to do everything" sorry just found that funny.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:55 AM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
In highschool, I use to buy this lube that was anti-semen. You suck it up in a tube, shove it in the vag, and push which releases the spermicide. We did that, birth control pills, and I forget what else we did to prevent pregnancy.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:16 PM
e92 335i

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
damn blazing, sucks to be you man, at least your in school bro, good luck with whatever you choose, and i agree with the other members who say adoption is the answer in this situation. again good luck with whatever you and ure gf do man
Old 01-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,478 Likes on 3,071 Posts
Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
so did you not use any kind of contraceptive?

and definitely doesn't sound like this girl is mature or responsible enough to raise a baby.

at "i have to tell this girl to do everything" sorry just found that funny.
She def doesn't sound mature at all, however there are 2 of you involved, and you can protect just the same as she can, and it doesn't involve you taking pills every day of your life.

The thing that sucks is that she is tooo immature to have a child. For god sake she cannot even take car of her puppy or keep her room clean.
Definitely does not sound like this girl can raise a child, I would look into adoption, however carrying a child for 9 months of her life may help her grow up a little. I'm certainly glad that this didn't happen with the girls I dated when I was 16-19 since I'm not with them anymore, I was a completely different person then from what I am now. Believe me you 2 will change a lot and may not even stay together or be together when you're my age. I too don't want children, but I know the risks, and have had scares. Good luck to you guys, this is a tough position to be in

damn man

if she keeps it. I will have to give up EVERYTHING.

modding is the first on the list.
I am glad you realize this, if she does keep it, it will all be on you, and you will make the most sacrifices, even if you 2 don't stay together you will still be responsible financially. Having a child requires you to become completely unselfish and put the child first. Modding is a luxury, but it's not everything. Life is more important.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Put it to you like this.

I'm 24, and when i concieved my son i was 19 as well.. all i can say is you were ready for that really good feeling you got without a jacket. and you gotta be ready for the possibilities of life. Not too many people are READY to be a father right away and MOST OF ALL NOT A FATHER... mothers kinda grow and go along with it cuz they carry the children for so long. You on the other hand, it will take you some time to warm up to the baby. but dont fear because its a pretty damn cool experience. It sure makes life a lil more expensive provided your around. All i can say is what goes up Must come down and you gotta live with that brutha.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 196 Likes on 99 Posts

FOREVER!
And where do you suppose your responsibility lies? You both are definitely not ready to be parents.

Adoption.

Terry
Old 01-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Registered speed offender

Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
having a baby does not make a 19 yr old grow up. trust me,i speak first hand.

only age and experience does. my wife still does some stupid shit,but she has grown up alot since 19,when she had the baby.

dont get ur hopes up like most these guys "having the baby will mature her"

thats just a common thing, most girls that are immature when having a baby dont know what to do and pawn the baby off to everyone they can so they dont have to take resposibility.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Registered speed offender

Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
^especially you, which will make school work harder.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
oh shit that sucks man. I was in the same situation when I was 16, and then again at 17. It was the same girl too. Both times there were complications and she lost the kid. I was so happy, you have no idea now happy I was. She was ready to keep the kid both times. Anything I said I couldn't talk her out of it, so I prepared to take the responsibility.
We have been broken up for years now and still talk sometimes and she told me that I was right for not wanting to have a kid back then, even tho she thought I was a heartless asshole for even sugesting abortion back then. She actually thanked me.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:42 PM
KICKED IN THE BALLS

Hmmmmmm where do I start. To the OP I understand that you and your girlfriend both have a huge decision to make and probably don't need the extra pressure comind down from everbody. I was actually very surprised on how many people told you to abort, I thought people would be ragging on your ass like no other.

When I was 21 and my now ex-girlfriend was 20 we had to make the same decision. Both of us sat down and talked about what it would do and if we were able to financially afford it because we were both in school. Ultimately she decided not to have the baby and from that decision I respected but til this day I feel like the biggest piece of shit in the world. If I could have taken anything back in life I would I have kept the baby even though it was her decision so I had to live with it. Trust me I was no where near mature enough to even have a kid but I am sure that if I would have prioritized my life I would have been able to accomadate anything.
There are alot of financial help out there that you can apply for and help ease the financial part of everything.
Till this day I think to myself and about others that did what I did and I always wondered what if I could have been one of those babies. My opinion is to keep the baby and try to work through it not only for your and your girlfriends sake but for the sake of a life for a kid.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:19 PM
has Gloryhole Girls in

Chin Omlettes FTW!
Old 01-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah man I'm 19. Not ready at all. But I don't want to impact HER decision. But I know this involves both of us. I would just feel really guilty.

But I don't wanna bring something in this world, not being able to take care of it.

I have 2 more years until I get my degree

hopefully from there the economy stabalizes and I land a good job as a 22 year old.....If that was the situation now, I wouldn't even be posting this.

Thanks for the input
This is true but you'd get over it.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Team Owner

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by myron
oh shit that sucks man. I was in the same situation when I was 16, and then again at 17. It was the same girl too. Both times there were complications and she lost the kid. I was so happy, you have no idea now happy I was. She was ready to keep the kid both times. Anything I said I couldn't talk her out of it, so I prepared to take the responsibility.
We have been broken up for years now and still talk sometimes and she told me that I was right for not wanting to have a kid back then, even tho she thought I was a heartless asshole for even sugesting abortion back then. She actually thanked me.

Too bad your mother didn't abort you.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by TS_eXpeed

Too bad your mother didn't abort you.
that's cold.

if that happened to me while i was 16/17, i'd probably be relieved that the baby was lost. i wouldn't be jumping joy type of happy. but i'd be happy in a relieved type of way.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FOREVER!
why are you fucking with losers in the first place? Women/men/people in that state of immaturity are nothing but trouble. I digress. As I said before, you'll feel guilty about an abortion if that happens but you'll survive.

Last edited by ludachrisvt; 01-28-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Team Owner

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
that's cold.

if that happened to me while i was 16/17, i'd probably be relieved that the baby was lost. i wouldn't be jumping joy type of happy. but i'd be happy in a relieved type of way.
Yea, well.
I just have really strong feelings on this topic.
He says he would've wished to have it aborted, but he was "so happy" when it died. I probably would've been flippin out (in a bad way) if I had initially gotten a gf pregnant, but to be honest, I think I would be devastated if my child died. I don't care about the "well it's not even born" shit. The second that child is conceived, I would put in the position of being a father, and despite any unwelcoming circumstances with the situation, that is my child. To say you're "so happy" that your child just died really irks me.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
dont keep it if you can't. I know its kinda sad but if you can't provide what is best for it. You would better off living without it. and next time use a condom and tell her to take the pill.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Safety Car

Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts

FOREVER!
You want forever? Get a vasectomy and don't look back. In fact, get a vas and make it retroactive. I think Whiskers knows people with flux capacitors.

Whatever you decide in your current situation, get a vas. for the future. Don't leave it up to the woman.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:48 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Originally Posted by teranfon
And where do you suppose your responsibility lies? You both are definitely not ready to be parents.

Adoption.

Terry

There are boat loads of people out there that want a kid.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by michiamo
Make sure you use protection! Also, get yourself a hot tub, and wear your cell phone on your belt (both have been shown to temporarily lower your "count"). If you really disagree on this, though, you have some soul searching to do. The best time to plan for things is before they happen, you know?
I couldn't agree more. When I want to have a kid(around 27ish if I have the right girl), I have to make sure everything is right, I have a job with job security and plenty of money saved up just in case.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by blazing gt
^i have to tell this girl to do everything. I been trying to get her on bc forever.

Forever!
the thing that sucks is that she is tooo immature to have a child. For god sake she cannot even take car of her puppy or keep her room clean.
thanks for all the wise words. We will be having a discussion tonight and see where it goes from there.

I am having mixed feelings about an abortion. But we might be going to the doctor soon to see how long she has been pregnant. I think she is not even a month. She got her period last month.

And to some people in the thread. I love this girl....we been together for 3 years. So whatever decision she makes i will accept.

But deep down inside i dont want to have a kid.
tell this to her not us!!!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 04:06 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Deep down if you don't want the fucking kid tell that to your g/f. Explain to her that she is immature as shit and will not be able to deal with anything. Plus you don't want to be around for it. That should show her where you stand on it. If she for some reason still wants to deal with it, push for adoption.

Quick Reply: Shorty is pregnant.