Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

In Laws

Old 04-12-2016, 07:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,244 Likes on 4,855 Posts
My first was an umbilical hernia. I only ever noticed it while stretching my abs out when I was working out a lot in college. It wasn't until an all you can eat Salt Lick BBQ adventure that my intestine actually protruded and got stuck (yes, I busted a gut eating BBQ). That's when it really hurt, and I took care of it promptly. Really, I lived my whole life with it in some form, but I only noticed it for maybe 5 years.

The second one, I didn't even realize I had. I went back to the same surgeon with a similar lump on the side of my stomach which he said was nearly impossible to be a hernia. However, when he checked me out, he found an inguinal hernia. I was able to notice it then, and only over the past year has it gotten much worse, but only when I tense up my abdomen.

tl;dr: He very likely lived with them for a while without noticing them and did something when they started to hurt.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:09 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,287 Likes on 952 Posts
Good thing he waited and got used to working regularly before doing the surgery. It sounds like it's getting embedded into him, even this late in life, that he needs to work regularly. I'm in my late 30's and I feel guilty when I miss work because I subconsciously learned that. Good job again!
Old 04-13-2016, 12:54 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Originally Posted by oo7spy
My first was an umbilical hernia. I only ever noticed it while stretching my abs out when I was working out a lot in college. It wasn't until an all you can eat Salt Lick BBQ adventure that my intestine actually protruded and got stuck (yes, I busted a gut eating BBQ). That's when it really hurt, and I took care of it promptly. Really, I lived my whole life with it in some form, but I only noticed it for maybe 5 years.

The second one, I didn't even realize I had. I went back to the same surgeon with a similar lump on the side of my stomach which he said was nearly impossible to be a hernia. However, when he checked me out, he found an inguinal hernia. I was able to notice it then, and only over the past year has it gotten much worse, but only when I tense up my abdomen.

tl;dr: He very likely lived with them for a while without noticing them and did something when they started to hurt.
OK, I guess you can live with them for a while... He used to complain about his gut hurting him...

Originally Posted by Doom878
Good thing he waited and got used to working regularly before doing the surgery. It sounds like it's getting embedded into him, even this late in life, that he needs to work regularly. I'm in my late 30's and I feel guilty when I miss work because I subconsciously learned that. Good job again!
Agreed, and thanks!