Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

I don't get it.

Old 04-08-2004, 01:40 PM
Safety Car

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
I don't get it.

Well, it's me back here again...time to make a little contribution here...

So I met this girl through some mutual friends a while back, and I decided that I wanted to pursue her, I thought I was getting good signals after the first time we hung out (as part of a large group) So I ask my good friend who introduced me to everyone there if she was available, and he said yes. Here is where trouble begins. He promply tells her good friend who tells her...this is NOT what I wanted to happen, I just wanted to know if she was single. So at this point I look high schoolish, her response was lukewarm and things just kind of went on.

Fast forward about two months down the road. We are good friends, I have become good friends with her whole crew, we all hang out on Sundays at a local cafe where there is a jazz combo playing. She's now even more touchy and flirty with me, always wants contact, and the sexual innuendo is there in the humor we use...I have not seen her too much around other guys but she can be touchy with them from what I have seen, but with her good friends it seems a little less...I am sure that its because she's comfortable with me and nothing more, I just wish that my 'friend' had kept his mouth shut like (like I should have asked him to) I could have pushed but when I heard that he had told her, I backed away a little bit.

Recently she sort of invoted herself to come autocrossing with me...when she heard about it, she expressed interest and I told her that I would definitely call her when the next one came around...I will take her to the airport event, with an open track out in Wendover...about 120mi. away...and she knows that the ones I mosly go to are out there...so I don't know if she will go, and if she does if I can expect anything to come of it.
Old 04-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just tell here this:

Old 04-08-2004, 04:57 PM
Who's the masta?!...I AM!

She is showing interest dude, on the autocrossing trip do something to let her know you want more than a friendship and see her reaction. Sometimes you just gotta put yourself out there and see what happens.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:43 PM
go like hell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: I don't get it.

Originally posted by Gilgamesh
Well, it's me back here again...time to make a little contribution here...

So I met this girl through some mutual friends a while back, and I decided that I wanted to pursue her, I thought I was getting good signals after the first time we hung out (as part of a large group) So I ask my good friend who introduced me to everyone there if she was available, and he said yes. Here is where trouble begins. He promply tells her good friend who tells her...this is NOT what I wanted to happen, I just wanted to know if she was single. So at this point I look high schoolish, her response was lukewarm and things just kind of went on.

Fast forward about two months down the road. We are good friends, I have become good friends with her whole crew, we all hang out on Sundays at a local cafe where there is a jazz combo playing. She's now even more touchy and flirty with me, always wants contact, and the sexual innuendo is there in the humor we use...I have not seen her too much around other guys but she can be touchy with them from what I have seen, but with her good friends it seems a little less...I am sure that its because she's comfortable with me and nothing more, I just wish that my 'friend' had kept his mouth shut like (like I should have asked him to) I could have pushed but when I heard that he had told her, I backed away a little bit.

Recently she sort of invoted herself to come autocrossing with me...when she heard about it, she expressed interest and I told her that I would definitely call her when the next one came around...I will take her to the airport event, with an open track out in Wendover...about 120mi. away...and she knows that the ones I mosly go to are out there...so I don't know if she will go, and if she does if I can expect anything to come of it.
autocrossing is a good date. it's cheap well if you don't tear up something. and fun.
Most of my events are 1.5 hours away by interstate. I'd say it's probably about 100-125 miles one way to each event. if she truely likes you she'll go to it. have hope man.
another way to see if she's a keeper if she's nagging you about how to drive and to slow down as you take her around the course. My g/f which drives and helps me navigate the course she's like STAND ON IT GIVE IT HELL.
if she screams and crys like a b!tch say C'YA.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Safety Car

LOL, nah, shes an auto driver, and I hope I can give her the rush I get from it...she skis, so its gonna be tough. We'll see, I am gonna take her to IVR, that is open and faster (105 if you hit the chicane before the straight properly) that is the first week of May...gonna be a long time.

It could get wierd too, we have to see, her good friend, and I have become pretty cool with each other, and he wants to rent a room from me in the house I am gonna buy so I could see her a lot more there. Plus she is gonna rent a condo about 10 blocks from there...

As for showing interest, I would be sure of that but for one thing, she is like this, and when she showed interest in one of my other friends (she does not know I know about that) he says she was a tad more agressive than that...and shes also very touchy with most of the other guys I have seen her hang with...getting in close when on a couch together, legs up on his, all that...I just wanted to see what everyone else thinks.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:45 PM
Suzuka Master

and shes also very touchy with most of the other guys I have seen her hang with...getting in close when on a couch together, legs up on his, all that...I just wanted to see what everyone else thinks.
skank
Old 04-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by GTKrockeTT
skank
ugh that came out wrong...

Shes got her legs up on guys and all with my buddy when she was into him...again, she doesn't know that I know that, I don;t think.

Touchy with just her guy friends is all hugs and little stuff like pokes, kicks, punches...playful stuff like that...shes no skank...maybe an attention whore, but she better not be a ho, if so then I have put too much work in, with no results.
Old 04-10-2004, 03:19 AM
Who am I?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Waddy
She is showing interest dude, on the autocrossing trip do something to let her know you want more than a friendship and see her reaction. Sometimes you just gotta put yourself out there and see what happens.
road head???
Old 04-10-2004, 11:18 AM
Safety Car

Originally posted by thatguy
road head???
Old 04-10-2004, 11:20 AM
Safety Car

Originally posted by Waddy
Yeah, I was gonna put myself out there, but my friend fucked it up for me by opening his mouth, and now I am friends with everyone. Hopefully she makes it easy during the autox trip by agreeing to stay over for the night, and then get one room, and one bed But I'm not that lucky, only my roomate gets women throwing themselves at him.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:27 AM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
ask her out. that will prove to her that u want something more. who cares if before was highschoolish, now its a few months later and hopefully she has forgotten or could careless.

dont bring her to an autocross event, take her to a nice dinner and a movie or find out what her likes are and work on that.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:33 AM
Safety Car

Too late, when I hung out with her and the group of frinds tonight, my suspicions were confirmed...she's dating this other asshole. I guess I wasn't dry, boring and introverted enough for her...and I thought I was very introverted.

Oh well....gonna be a great fucking summer, again, but I guess I made my bed, now I gotta lie in it.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:37 AM
Safety Car

Don't sweat it, there are always other girls out there.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:30 AM
Pro

Too late, when I hung out with her and the group of frinds tonight, my suspicions were confirmed...she's dating this other asshole. I guess I wasn't dry, boring and introverted enough for her...and I thought I was very introverted.

Oh well....gonna be a great fucking summer, again, but I guess I made my bed, now I gotta lie in it.
ask her out anyway
Old 04-12-2004, 02:49 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by Ray Khan
ask her out anyway
She'd say no, then he'd try to fight me, and I'd have to beat his lanky ass...and it would just go downhill from there...he is one of those guys that you just look and and want to hit though...besides the fact that he got the girl I want

Plus, I'm not a violent man...its ok, she will soon realize that I'm better anyway, and at that point I may tell her "too late"

LOL, in front of him she told me she thought I would be a good father...

I'm not dark, but I'm darker than him...I thought women liked tall dark and handsome, not lyrpy, pasty and freckled
Old 04-12-2004, 04:05 PM
Who's the masta?!...I AM!

Women like confidence.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:16 PM
Instructor

I'm not dark, but I'm darker than him...I thought women liked tall dark and handsome, not lyrpy, pasty and freckled
What does lyrpy mean?
Old 05-12-2004, 05:59 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by CG2000
What does lyrpy mean?
To me...like a Shawn Bradley type, to use a famous example.