Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…
View Poll Results: Would you abort a pregnancy?
Pro-choice
60.51%
Pro-life
16.92%
Depends
22.56%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Abortion?

Old 10-19-2006 | 06:34 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Originally Posted by CUNextTuesday
Um, you calling me ignorant?
I think he was meaning more towards being extreme one way or the other = ignorant?
is learning to moonwalk i

Originally Posted by Rodney
Heres a thread I started with a similar poll here a little while back. I am pro-life. In fact I guess I could be considered "a single issue voter" because I vote solely on this one thing. Its clearly murder in my opinion.

https://acurazine.com/forums/religion-politics-18/pro-life-pro-choice-simple-thread-336410/
Punishable by death?
RAR

let me throw this out there. Take a female who is 1 month pregnant. I kill her baby. Is it considered murder if she wants the baby but an abortion if she doesnt?
Old 10-19-2006 | 06:36 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Originally Posted by leedogg
let me throw this out there. Take a female who is 1 month pregnant. I kill her baby. Is it considered murder if she wants the baby but an abortion if she doesnt?
You cant compare the two because its in HER body. Its HER choice.
Old 10-19-2006 | 06:37 PM
Suzuka Master

That's a ridiculous scenario and I'm not even going to say anything about it.
Old 10-19-2006 | 06:42 PM
RAR

That's a ridiculous scenario and I'm not even going to say anything about it.
I'm illustrating the slippery slope of how you define life. In one scenario it is OK, in the other it could be considered murder with all things being equal other than the sentiments of the mother.
Old 10-19-2006 | 06:43 PM
Team Owner

Thats the same as argueing that if some one was suicidal and you decided to shoot them in the head that you are not guilty of murder. "Well Judge, he wanted to off himself anyways." Good luck with that one.

Originally Posted by SwervinCL
You cant compare the two because its in HER body. Its HER choice.
Agreed.
Old 10-19-2006 | 06:46 PM
Suzuka Master

I'm illustrating the slippery slope of how you define life. In one scenario it is OK, in the other it could be considered murder with all things being equal other than the sentiments of the mother.
You murdering her child and her having it aborted are NOT the same thing. Legally you have no right to do that, and she has all the right in the world.

Morally I can see where you're heading, but it's still not the same thing.
Old 10-19-2006 | 06:46 PM

Is she able to legally drive in the carpool lane? Does she have to pay an additional "per person" charge everywhere she went?

As for your scenario, either way, it is an unfortunate circumstance and it would be trearted as assult and battery. The severity of the punishment would be determined by your intent.
Old 10-19-2006 | 06:48 PM
RAR

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
Thats the same as argueing that if some one was suicidal and you decided to shoot them in the head that you are not guilty of murder. "Well Judge, he wanted to off himself anyways." Good luck with that one.

Agreed.
wrong. Its more tantamount to doctors assisted suicide vs murder. Guess where the court stands on this?
Old 10-19-2006 | 06:48 PM
Burning Brakes

There is a difference between taking an infant who's 1 month old and killing it and having an abortion. I hope you know where to draw that line.
Old 10-19-2006 | 06:51 PM

wrong. Its more tantamount to doctors assisted suicide vs murder. Guess where the court stands on this?
Yet another instance where the courts side with religion rather than the will of the people.
Old 10-19-2006 | 08:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by moeronn
Yet another instance where the courts side with religion rather than the will of the people.
Our country was built on religion sooooooooo...
Old 10-19-2006 | 09:53 PM
RAR

Originally Posted by TheMainEvEnt
There is a difference between taking an infant who's 1 month old and killing it and having an abortion. I hope you know where to draw that line.
1 month pregnant. I said the only difference between the 2 is whehter the mother wants the baby or not.

Another similar situation is say the mother doesnt want the baby but the father does, the mother would rather abort the baby than give it to the father.
Old 10-19-2006 | 10:17 PM
I love cars!

Well lets see here. Put yourself in the position of that child whose future life is in question. Which would you prefer, a hard life or none at all? You're ok with your own extermination because you're such a HUGE responsibility? Its a good thing your parents didnt have such sentiments huh?

I love people that are PRO-CHOICE and have such strong opinions when they have never been in the shoes of the being whose life is in balance.

Yeah, my 5 month old REALLY know precisely how big a burden he is. That's a ridiculous point of view.
Plenty of people would have better lives by making the decision NOT to have a baby rather than raising one indifferently or incompetently. My mom had me when she was 16 and I was raised by my grandparents (thank God for them!) My brother came along when she was 21. Guess what? He's a completely different, less successful, weed-smoking, less educated person, much as I love him.
I honestly shudder to think what would've happened had I been raised in that same household! Of course I love my Mom to death, I just realize that 16-year-olds should have an out (with parental consent) versus fucking it up for the child, you know?
Old 10-19-2006 | 10:34 PM
Safety Car

Old 10-19-2006 | 10:42 PM
The Creator

Um, you calling me ignorant?
You're completely ignorant to the process of pregnancy yet making bold statements to the contrary.

Like it or not, a child in the womb is a child. If refusing to accept that is the only way you can support your own right to abortion than that is most certainly ignorant.

Nevertheless, no. I'm not labelling you an ignorant person. I think you have a rather ignorant view on this subject but I think you're just a child yourself. You're 19, and 5 years ago I probably thought the same way as you. In fact, if I did, it's probably documented here.

Fact remains, your life will change exponentially over the next few years and it won't be long until you learn think like a rational adult, accept responsibility, and be a man. At the very least, you'll learn to research your views before solidifying them and arguing them.

So no, you're not ignorant. You're simply uninformed. Young dumb and full of cum, as they say.

I'm speaking from no bias here. We're both on the SAME SIDE of this issue. I simply can't support inaccurate reasoning just to bolster our shared stance.
Old 10-19-2006 | 11:20 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Originally Posted by fast-tl
Yeah, my 5 month old REALLY know precisely how big a burden he is. That's a ridiculous point of view.
Plenty of people would have better lives by making the decision NOT to have a baby rather than raising one indifferently or incompetently. My mom had me when she was 16 and I was raised by my grandparents (thank God for them!) My brother came along when she was 21. Guess what? He's a completely different, less successful, weed-smoking, less educated person, much as I love him.
I honestly shudder to think what would've happened had I been raised in that same household! Of course I love my Mom to death, I just realize that 16-year-olds should have an out (with parental consent) versus fucking it up for the child, you know?
&
Old 10-20-2006 | 09:26 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by fast-tl
Very true. You were lucky that your grand parents were around to help raise you. Anyone woman can give birth to a child. It takes a more mature person to be a parent.
Old 10-20-2006 | 09:32 AM
Erz
^^GIRL

Originally Posted by AcuraDriver2006
someone's bitter

Sounds like someone who must use tough language in order to get their point acrossed. Great Debate-101 there
You must be from philly? you are!

Relax. It's just sickening to me, that's all. If you can go out and get yourself pregnant then you can deal with the consequences.

Oh and btw, you are far from even slightly funny so I'd just quit now if I were you
Old 10-20-2006 | 09:35 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Erz

Relax. It's just sickening to me, that's all. If you can go out and get yourself pregnant then you can deal with the consequences.

Oh and btw, you are far from even slightly funny so I'd just quit now if I were you
Not everyone can/wants or should deal with the consequeces. There are a lot of people that should not be parents. Personally, I would rather if they had an abortion than read about another child killed by a parent.
Old 10-20-2006 | 09:35 AM
Erz
^^GIRL

So its ok to bring a child into this world that you can not provide a life for. Thats not to fair to the child, is it?

It's a little thing called adoption......

No, it isn't fair to the child but it's also not fair for that growing human being to not have a chance to live.
Old 10-20-2006 | 09:40 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
Not everyone can/wants or should deal with the consequeces. There are a lot of people that should not be parents. Personally, I would rather if they had an abortion than read about another child killed by a parent.

So because there are some (very few) parents who kill their children, that makes abortion OK in all cases? Poor argument.
Old 10-20-2006 | 09:44 AM
Erz
^^GIRL

Originally Posted by fdl
So because there are some (very few) parents who kill their children, that makes abortion OK in all cases? Poor argument.

My thoughts exactly.
Old 10-20-2006 | 09:49 AM
The Creator

Gentlemen, you do realize there are such things as condoms and practices such as pulling out that when used together damn near guarantee you never have to consider abortion?

Ultimately, most of us are men and have absolutely no say in this matter. It's a womens choice. You have the option of very easily preventing yourself from getting a woman pregnant. If you're not prepared to deal with the consequences, maybe you shouldn't be commiting to the act of reproduction?

Like I've said, I'm pro-choice because I believe it's a woman's right to choose. Some of you guys, however, seem to be pro-choice only to justify careless behavior. Sickening.
Old 10-20-2006 | 09:50 AM
Erz
^^GIRL

I'm leaving on this note:

IMO adoption is the best way to go. Having an abortion is something that will remain in a women's mind forever. Why not give the baby a chance to live? If you weren't planning on becoming pregnant and you do not want/can't take care of a child then let someone else do it. There are tons of people who would love to make a good home for somebody. Abortion is a quick and easy way out.

A, feel free to unleash your unamusing remarks.
Old 10-20-2006 | 09:52 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Originally Posted by Erz
It's a little thing called adoption......

No, it isn't fair to the child but it's also not fair for that growing human being to not have a chance to live.
Your right, adoption should be the first option. I completly agree. But sometimes adoption just is not an answer. Its hard for the woman to carry a child for 9 months, get attatched, to just give it away.
Old 10-20-2006 | 09:57 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Originally Posted by soopa
Gentlemen, you do realize there are such things as condoms and practices such as pulling out that when used together damn near guarantee you never have to consider abortion?

Ultimately, most of us are men and have absolutely no say in this matter. It's a womens choice. You have the option of very easily preventing yourself from getting a woman pregnant. If you're not prepared to deal with the consequences, maybe you shouldn't be commiting to the act of reproduction?

Like I've said, I'm pro-choice because I believe it's a woman's right to choose. Some of you guys, however, seem to be pro-choice only to justify careless behavior. Sickening.
Your right, but there is just at freak chance that the birth control fails. Not saying that it happens often, but it does happen.
Old 10-20-2006 | 10:05 AM
The Creator

Your right, but there is just at freak chance that the birth control fails. Not saying that it happens often, but it does happen.
Between condoms, the pill, and safe practices... there is absolutely no way a woman can get pregnant. It's just not happening.

If you're ejaculating in a girl and relying on only the pill to save you, than yeah... it can happen... and you should be prepared for it. Otherwise, you should be safer.

If you don't want children and you have no say on the matter of abortion, why leave control over GETTING pregnant to the woman? Use your head.
Old 10-20-2006 | 10:16 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Between condoms, the pill, and safe practices... there is absolutely no way a woman can get pregnant. It's just not happening.

If you're ejaculating in a girl and relying on only the pill to save you, than yeah... it can happen... and you should be prepared for it. Otherwise, you should be safer.

If you don't want children and you have no say on the matter of abortion, why leave control over GETTING pregnant to the woman? Use your head.
Yeah, your right.... But never say never.

A girl I work with was on the pill & her husband was wearing a condom.. She got pregnant.
Old 10-20-2006 | 10:22 AM
My Garage

Basically what I've been trying to say this whole time. There is a big difference between abortion as a convienence and abortion as a neccessity.
Old 10-20-2006 | 10:24 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

But where is the line drawn between convienence & neccessity?
Old 10-20-2006 | 10:30 AM
My Garage

But where is the line drawn between convienence & neccessity?
Rape and death of the mother as neccesity are a good place to start. But's something that's going to vary to each person, just like the point of when the baby becomes human or alive
Old 10-20-2006 | 10:30 AM
Suzuka Master

You're completely ignorant to the process of pregnancy yet making bold statements to the contrary.

Like it or not, a child in the womb is a child. If refusing to accept that is the only way you can support your own right to abortion than that is most certainly ignorant.

Nevertheless, no. I'm not labelling you an ignorant person. I think you have a rather ignorant view on this subject but I think you're just a child yourself. You're 19, and 5 years ago I probably thought the same way as you. In fact, if I did, it's probably documented here.

Fact remains, your life will change exponentially over the next few years and it won't be long until you learn think like a rational adult, accept responsibility, and be a man. At the very least, you'll learn to research your views before solidifying them and arguing them.

So no, you're not ignorant. You're simply uninformed. Young dumb and full of cum, as they say.

I'm speaking from no bias here. We're both on the SAME SIDE of this issue. I simply can't support inaccurate reasoning just to bolster our shared stance.
I guess I must have missed the part where I posted my uninformed point of view regarding pregnancy. You know damn well that the question of when life actually begins is a huge part of this debate. Scientifically, ok, the blastocyst that forms is a child (or will become one), but many people do not consider a cluster of cells to be an actual human child. (as you said earlier, the "crutch" that helps many people rationalize their decision to abort)

As far as the subject matter at hand, abortion, I think I am very well informed. Yes, I'm still a kid, but a kid who had to make a very adult decision two years ago. I may be no expert on the science of pregnancy, but I certainly know what it feels like to be in some of these situations. I also know quite a bit about abortions, procedures, etc. so if anyone ever had questions I could definitely be of use.

I just don't see where I'm so uninformed.
Old 10-20-2006 | 10:32 AM
Suzuka Master

No birth control method is 100% effective except abstinence! So unless we don't want to have any sex at all, we always risk at least a little something.
Old 10-20-2006 | 10:40 AM
The Creator

A girl I work with was on the pill & her husband was wearing a condom.. She got pregnant.
That's the best part about Internet debates. Everyone always knows someone whose had something extraordinary happen to them...

You weren't in bed with them and you have absolutely no idea what went on under those covers.

No birth control method is 100% effective except abstinence! So unless we don't want to have any sex at all, we always risk at least a little something.
Get serious.

We're not talking about disease here.

If she's on the pill, you wear a condom, and you pull out... there is absolutely no chance she will get pregnant. You can/should take that even a step further and DON'T have sex when she's ovulating.

Use common sense, and safe practices, and there is no chance your partner will ever have to make this decision.

Abortion is not a proportionate response to carelessness.
Old 10-20-2006 | 10:45 AM
Suzuka Master

That's the best part about Internet debates. Everyone always knows someone whose had something extraordinary happen to them...

You weren't in bed with them and you have absolutely no idea what went on under those covers.

Get serious.

If she's on the pill, you wear a condom, and you pull out... there is absolutely no chance she will get pregnant. You can/should take that even a step further and DON'T have sex when she's ovulating.

Use common sense, and safe practices, and there is no chance your partner will ever have to make this decision.

I agree...it's just one of those 1/1000000 things that can happen. But hey, a lot of the scenarios we're throwing out there in this topic are not all that common...
Old 10-20-2006 | 10:45 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

So everytime you have sex and wear a condom, you pull out too?

Your reaching!
Old 10-20-2006 | 10:47 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Get serious.

Completly right, Completly heresay. But by you saying that wearing a condom, the pill, and pulling out resolves all problems, I think is a little ignorant.
Old 10-20-2006 | 10:51 AM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Soopa, let me ask you this... Have you ever been faced with this problem?