Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

Sony: PS4 News and Discussion Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 02:53 PM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
When was it before?
Old 06-13-2013, 03:03 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,824 Likes on 2,571 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878
Who won the last E3 when they launched ps3 and 360? Didn't ps3 win because of BD support and changeable hard drives? But 360 evolved into a better overall experience throughout the 7 years. Could happen again.
Well...the systems launched a year apart...the 360 had a foothold and the PS3 started off to SLOW sales...it gained ground later.

So, this isn't really an accurate statement.

And I'll go as far to say (my opinion) the xbox 360 experience DE-evloved over time from easy and simple to convoluted and clunky.

Last edited by Sarlacc; 06-13-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by undying dreams
when was it before?
12/31
Old 06-13-2013, 07:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarlacc
Well...the systems launched a year apart...the 360 had a foothold and the PS3 started off to SLOW sales...it gained ground later.

So, this isn't really an accurate statement.

And I'll go as far to say (my opinion) the xbox 360 experience DE-evloved over time from easy and simple to convoluted and clunky.
I would agree it seems like once the blade interface gave way to NXE, adds were everywhere...
Old 06-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Needs a 930

Received 759 Likes on 547 Posts
Just ordered my ps4 and it said I could pick it up on 11/30 but I couldn't pick up the extra controller and games until 12/31
Old 06-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9,953 Likes on 5,135 Posts
there appears to be demand for this thing... has Sony *finally* got it right? after years and years (decades?) of shoving DRM and other restrictions down consumer's throats, has Sony finally realized what consumers like? I think the answer is yes.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaud...out-at-amazon/
6/15/2013 @ 6:23PM |119,595 views
Sony PlayStation 4 Launch Edition Already Sold Out At Amazon

Gamers are speaking with their wallets following E3 2013, a show that was dominated by Sony PlayStation 4 in the next gen battle. Amazon has already sold out of the $400 PlayStation 4 launch edition of the next gen console, which will be available on day one of Sony’s launch. Sony is still selling PS4 as a $400 Standard Edition, but is not guaranteeing when gamers will receive that version this fall.

PS4 is also being bundled as a $500 bundle with two different versions, one including Electronic Arts’ Battlefield 4 and PS Plus and one including Guerilla Games’ Killzone Shadow Fall and PS Plus. There are also two other bundles retailing for $460, one including Sony’s Knack and the other including Ubisoft’s Watch Dog.

The Xbox One Day One Edition is still available for $500. Amazon is not currently selling any Xbox One bundles. Microsoft MSFT -0.91%’s Forza Motorsport 5 is the only Xbox One game in the Top 20 bestselling games list on the site. Sony has three PS4 games (Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4 and Killzone Shadow Fall) in the Top 20. Gamers are also buying the Dualshock 4 PS4 controller and the PlayStation 4 Camera. Three of the PS4 bundles (all but the Knack bundle) are in the Top 20 in Amazon sales.
GameStop President Tony Bartel Believes Used Games Playback Will Play Key Role In Next Gen Console War John Gaudiosi John Gaudiosi Contributor
Despite A Strong E3 For PlayStation 4, Analysts Expect Microsoft And Sony To Have A Close Race John Gaudiosi John Gaudiosi Contributor
Warren Spector Said If Publishers Didn't Overcharge For Games People Wouldn't Have To Buy Them Used John Gaudiosi John Gaudiosi Contributor

While the PS4 Standard Edition is listed number one and Xbox One Day One Edition is listed number two on Amazon, sources have told me that PS4 is outselling Xbox One by two to one. I’ve emailed Amazon to confirm these numbers, but have not heard back. Baird video game analyst Colin Sebastian confirmed that PS4 is outselling Xbox One on both Amazon and GameStop GME +3.94%, but has not revealed any specific numbers.

Amazon is currently running a Facebook FB -0.34% poll asking consumers which console they’ll purchase, PS4 or Xbox One. With only six hours left in the poll, 95% of the over 40,000 gamers who replied said they’d be purchasing a PS4.

Michael Pachter, video game analyst for Wedbush Securities, expects Sony to sell 12 to 15 million PS4s in its first year. He expects an unsubsidized Xbox One will sell 9 to 10 million in its first year.

“I still expect a subsidy for the Xbox One, and each $100 in lower price probably represents 4 to 5 million units annually,” said Pachter. “At E3, Sony highlighted its used game and DRM policies, and that will make a difference to the hardcore. With that said, there are a lot if Microsoft fan boys out there, so it may not mean a share shift of more than 1 to 2 million consoles. I don’t think ‘new’ customers will understand or care that much.”

But those numbers are for the first entire year at retail shelves. Pachter believes Sony and Microsoft will only have about 3 million consoles available worldwide for launch. PJ McNealy, analyst for Digital World Research, said that historically no console has sold more than 1 to 2 million units in North America in a launch window.

Even when consoles are popular, like Nintendo Wii was at launch, supply is shared across the world and the demand doesn’t catch up until the following year. Early numbers are showing a demand for PS4 and Xbox One, but the strong showing by Nintendo Wii U at E3 hasn’t bumped its next gen console into the Top 20 on Amazon and none of the new Wii U first party exclusives have made the list.

I was able to check out both PS4 and Xbox One games with hands-on demos at E3 this past week. Infamous Second Son stood out in the Sony first party camp, along with Driveclub, Killzone Shadow Fall and Knack. Microsoft had a solid racer with Forza Motorsport 5 and Capcom’s Dead Rising 3 offered an open world zombie experience. Respawn’s Titanfall (an Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC exclusive) stood out in the crowded shooter genre with its micture of giant Titans and on-foot pilots gameplay.

In talking to a developer who wished to remain anonymous, gamers will see a difference on Day One when they compare third party PS4 games to Xbox One head-to-head. The developer told me the PS4 is 40 percent more powerful than Xbox One and games like Call of Duty Ghosts will be noticeably different out of the gate.

In the past, Xbox 360 games looked better out of the gate and over time PS3 games progressively improved to the point where games like The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls stand out even against some next gen titles. But if this differentiator holds true, not only will Xbox One games have DRM issues and no rental options and limited used game opportunities, the games won’t look as good as PS4 titles. That sounds like a perfect storm of negativity for the hardcore gamers.

This processing power issue also could be a potential reason behind the latest controversy that has emerged for Microsoft at E3, in which photos were taken of some Xbox One games running on Windows 7 PCs with NVIDIA graphics cards. Sony PS4 developers took to Twitter saying PS4 demos were running on PS4 dev kits. I know playing PS4 games behind closed doors that the PS4 was clearly visible as I played.

Microsoft certainly has a lot of work to do between now and its November launch to win over gamers. It’s the hardcore that are voting now early on sites like Amazon and GameStop. There’s also a much larger audience to connect with. But right now the number of negative stories surrounding Xbox One far outweigh anything positive.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:05 AM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
After more thought; I don't think I will ever get the XBOX ONE.

Reasons:

1.) A terrible track record with XBOX 360 consoles to begin with; Since I first bought my 260 many years ago (about a year after the original release, I had 6 XBOX 360 consoles repaired replaced by Microsoft in 2 years time due to various problems. I then gave the Pro to my brother and bought a 360 Elite and even then I had to have them repaired or replaced 2 times in less than 2 years. After that I vowed to never by another Microsoft console again.

1a.) My current Elite console is also messing up again, occasional "open tray errors". Random RROD's issues. But is still playable for the most part.

2.) Microsoft's customer service (in my experience) sucks. On my most recent repair of my Elite console, I had a time trying to get those geniuses at XBOX support to even honor the extended warranty I purchased directly from THEM! It took a letter to their corporate office to resolve this issue.

3.) Even after all this, I considered breaking my vow to not purchase another Microsoft console until the news about it not being able to play used games on the new Microsoft console really rubbed me the wrong way. I don't pay $60 for games anymore period; I've been burnt too many times by crappy games, and/or games that can be theoretically beaten in a one sitting (6 - 8 hours). I only buy games used, or when they are on sale many months from the release date. If I want to play them sooner, I rent them from Red Box to check them out. But with Microsoft not allowing used games, that takes away both my Red Box and used game option. No thanks. This is a deal breaker for me. I don't like the idea being forced to buy new, so screw you Microsoft.

Funny thing is, I never really been a Playstation guy. I bought the original Playstation many many years after the release and only played it 2 or 3 times. I never had a PS2 and really the only reason I originally bought a PS3 was because of the BluRay player and since at the time, stand alone blue rays were around the same price as the PS3, I opted for the PS3 to get a game console as well.

My PS3 never gave me one issue and I'm still on my original one while I'm on my 9th XBOX.

No question, I have a much better track record with Playstation and them not restricting their new console to play only new games is a big plus in my book.

So instead of eventually getting both as I did with the 360 and PS3, it looks like I'll NOT be getting an XBOX One. Such a shame because I really like XBOX Live and spend much more time on that then I do PSN; but when a company tells me what I can and cannot play on a console I spend hundreds of dollars for plus another $50+ every year for their Gold membership, then we have a serious problem. I'll still play my 360 of course but when it kicks the bucket for the last time, that will be the end of my 10+ year relationship with Microsoft gaming consoles.

Last edited by WdnUlik2no; 06-17-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:58 PM
Senior Moderator

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...will-cost-5999
PlayStation 4 Games Will Cost $59.99

by Colin Moriarty
June 18, 2013

If you were worried about PlayStation 4 games costing more than PlayStation 3 games, think again. Sony has confirmed to ShackNews that PS4 titles purchased at retail will cost $59.99.

However, there may be a caveat here, as the specific quote reads, “All four [launch/launch window] titles, Killzone: Shadow Fall, DriveClub, Knack, and Infamous: Second Son are all $59.99.” Is this designed to give Sony wiggle room later on? We’ll have to see.

This news comes on the heels of Microsoft’s confirmation that Xbox One games at retail will also cost the now-standard $59.99.

Late generation concern about next-gen pricing mostly arose because of the $10 jump in pricing from the PS2 era to the PS3 era, which also transcended the jump from Xbox to Xbox 360. So $60 games sound good. Indeed, $60 sounds especially good when considering that cartridge-based games during the SNES and Genesis era could cost as much as $100 at retail, depending on the size and makeup of the chips within those cartridges.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:01 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
^not surprising. I remember reading something a while ago that determined that $60 was the sweet spot in pricing for games, at least with AAA-caliber ones. Some companies now are looking to do that, then pad their profits with DLC.

Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no

Reasons:

1.) A terrible track record with XBOX 360 consoles to begin with; Since I first bought my 260 many years ago (about a year after the original release, I had 6 XBOX 360 consoles repaired replaced by Microsoft in 2 years time due to various problems. I then gave the Pro to my brother and bought a 360 Elite and even then I had to have them repaired or replaced 2 times in less than 2 years. After that I vowed to never by another Microsoft console again.

1a.) My current Elite console is also messing up again, occasional "open tray errors". Random RROD's issues. But is still playable for the most part.

2.) Microsoft's customer service (in my experience) sucks. On my most recent repair of my Elite console, I had a time trying to get those geniuses at XBOX support to even honor the extended warranty I purchased directly from THEM! It took a letter to their corporate office to resolve this issue.

3.) Even after all this, I considered breaking my vow to not purchase another Microsoft console until the news about it not being able to play used games on the new Microsoft console really rubbed me the wrong way. I don't pay $60 for games anymore period; I've been burnt too many times by crappy games, and/or games that can be theoretically beaten in a one sitting (6 - 8 hours). I only buy games used, or when they are on sale many months from the release date. If I want to play them sooner, I rent them from Red Box to check them out. But with Microsoft not allowing used games, that takes away both my Red Box and used game option. No thanks. This is a deal breaker for me. I don't like the idea being forced to buy new, so screw you Microsoft.

Funny thing is, I never really been a Playstation guy. I bought the original Playstation many many years after the release and only played it 2 or 3 times. I never had a PS2 and really the only reason I originally bought a PS3 was because of the BluRay player and since at the time, stand alone blue rays were around the same price as the PS3, I opted for the PS3 to get a game console as well.

My PS3 never gave me one issue and I'm still on my original one while I'm on my 9th XBOX.

No question, I have a much better track record with Playstation and them not restricting their new console to play only new games is a big plus in my book.

So instead of eventually getting both as I did with the 360 and PS3, it looks like I'll NOT be getting an XBOX One. Such a shame because I really like XBOX Live and spend much more time on that then I do PSN; but when a company tells me what I can and cannot play on a console I spend hundreds of dollars for plus another $50+ every year for their Gold membership, then we have a serious problem. I'll still play my 360 of course but when it kicks the bucket for the last time, that will be the end of my 10+ year relationship with Microsoft gaming consoles.
I've always been an Xbox guy too, but I still may get an Xbox One, depending on how their DRM works out. I was lucky to only need my 360 replaced once, but peoples' horror stories give me pause.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:19 PM

interesting article on the PS4 and going digital... my "in-the-know" friend also foretold of this possibility. Mind blown.

http://kotaku.com/sony-actually-has-...or-p-514144920
Old 06-19-2013, 07:24 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,287 Likes on 952 Posts
I hope because media drives fail and discs get scratched. I own 2 copies of Rock Band 2 and 3 because of this. And 3 is impossible to find. Plus I play my digital games more than discs since I'm lazy.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:03 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 439 Likes on 322 Posts
Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no

Reasons:

I'm actually surprised you stuck with them that long! 9 360! Shit. Luckily I had to replace mine once and I've had it the year the ps3 came out.

I'm not buying any new console for at least another year. And while I'd like to have a xbox one since I like forza and halo, they will need to fix, clear up, or be able to show a nice vision they have with the rules they put in place.

Then the consoles my friends have will also play slightly into this. Theres no borrowing games if your friends dont have the same console as you. And really there are only a few people i share games with, and they have 360's.

I also want to know how much better the PS4 games are actually going to look compared to the one
Old 06-19-2013, 01:32 PM

I hope because media drives fail and discs get scratched. I own 2 copies of Rock Band 2 and 3 because of this. And 3 is impossible to find. Plus I play my digital games more than discs since I'm lazy.
I can't speak on the reliability of BD lasers, but I've yet to hear of an issue with them. The good thing is that the discs for both the XO and PS4 will be BD and every disc I've seen has this scratch-proof coating on it.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Senior Moderator

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...s-Were-Magical

PS4 Architect: Early PlayStation Days Were "Magical"

Stew Shearer | 13 July 2013 9:35 am

Mark Cerny believes the PS4 can bring us back to the creativity of previous console generations.

You might confuse Mark Cerny for a man concerned with cutting edge technology. He is, after all, the architect of Sony's PlayStation 4. That said, recent comments from Cerny have seen him pointing not to the PS4's power as its best asset, but rather the freedom it will give developers to pursue the creativity that defined previous generations. "The barrier to entry that existed on PS3 technologically is gone. If you can make games for PC, you can make games for PS4. So it's much easier to bring games to the platform, or if you're going to [develop] on the platform, it's once again much easier."

This ease of development was, according to Cerny a key facet that led to the diverse gaming options of previous generations. "I feel like the magical time was the early years of the PlayStation because there was such a variety of products coming out," he said. "There wasn't this sort of consistent overarching pattern that you might have seen in the last few years in the PlayStation 3 generation, and I really think we're heading back to that time. I think that's a very good thing." Cerny comments are, in part, elaborating on statements he made while serving as the keynote speaker at Develop 2013. During that event he said the creativity of the indie game movement, which Sony has been been helping to foster, could "fundamentally alter the landscape of gaming."

Following a generation of consoles where ballooning budgets and same-y AAA titles were much the standard, Cerny's comments could be somewhat heartening for gamers who might be interested in content outside of current dominating blockbusters. Sony, in the least, looks to be following through on its oft-repeated promise to bring smaller, more diverse projects to PlayStation platforms. Whether or not this results in a return to the diversity of yesteryear is something we'll have to wait and see.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:30 AM
Senior Moderator

it runs 40 degrees cooler than PS3...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...S3-FCC-Reports

PlayStation 4 Runs Much Cooler Than PS3, FCC Reports

Earnest "Nex" Cavalli | 23 July 2013 12:44 pm

According to a recent FCC analysis of the upcoming PlayStation 4, Sony's latest console has an operating temperature range roughly 40 degrees below that of its predecessor.

The PlayStation 4 appears to be an exciting machine. It's $100 cheaper than its closest competitor, features relatively scant DRM and appears to support some very attractive games. Thanks to a new filing by the US Federal Communications Commission, there's also one other major positive mark in the PS4 column: The device won't cause your home theater to burst into flames.

According to the FCC, standard operating temperatures for a PlayStation 4 range from 41 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit. Compare that to the PlayStation 3 which was designed to operate in temperatures between 113 degrees and 131 degrees Fahrenheit. More anecdotally, anyone who's played games on a PlayStation 3 (especially the original model) for an extended amount of time will tell you that the console had a tendency to heat whatever room it was in. Often to the point where it was simply unplayable on especially hot days, as at certain temperatures not too far beyond its specified operating range, the PlayStation 3 could cease functioning or even damage games and peripherals with its heat. By contrast, the PlayStation 4 should have fewer overheating issues, and hopefully a longer mechanical lifespan as a result.

The PlayStation 4 is currently slated to hit retail at some point toward the end of 2013. We shouldn't have to say it, but yes, we'll probably write many more things about Sony's newest console over the next few months. Stay tuned.
first game play trailer debuted at Comic Con:

<object height="480" width="853">

<embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/AJKtJG7bDME?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="480" width="853"></object>

recap:

PS4 Release Date: PlayStation 4 Buzz is High After Comic Con Gameplay [Photos]

July 23rd 2013, 1:47pm
Water Cooler , news

+1

The secret is out and PlayStation 4 is all of the rage. Last week at Comic Con, we got our first look at some live game play of Sony's next gaming console, PlayStation 4, and fans loved it. Comic Con took place last week in San Diego and all of the gaming buzz was around the PS4 release date, specs and price. The gameplays were perfect and with a number of high profile new game announcements, buzz was very high. The PS4 release date is set for the holiday season, likely around November and the Playstation 4 price is set at $399. For more on the hands on PS4 game play you can check out their blog. The first three generations of PlayStation sold more than 300 million units and Sony is betting big on the PS4. Here is everything we know about the PS4 for now including the much anticipated PS4 release date.
PS4 Photos
Ps4 Photos

<table class="slideshow-img-container"> <tbody> <tr> <td align="center" valign="center"> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

PS4 Release Date
PS4 release date has been announced as the 2013 holidays season.
PS4 Pricing
PS4 pricing has been announced at $399.
PS4 Specs
PS4 will run relatively standard PC hardware. It will have x86 processor, a customized graphics processor and GDDR5 memory. PS4 will be capable of 170GPBS bandwidth and will include a Blu-ray/DVD drive, as well as USB 3.0, Ethernet and Bluetooth. The PS4 eye accessory will have two cameras and four microphones and be capable of 1280 x 800 video at 60fps, 640 x 400 at 120fps and 320 x 192 at 240fps. Here's a graphic with more information on the PS4 specs.

PS4 Features
PS4 allows background uploading and downloading. Meaning that the console can both update itself and download games while still being played. You will also be able to stream your game play sessions and create quick video clips to send to friends and share with the PS network. PS4 also allows the ability to stream games instantly. The spectation feature allows you to share your game session and allow friends to take over your control. PS Vita can be used to play remote sessions of PS4 games.

PS4 Controller
The PS4 will be controlled by DualShock 4 controller with a touchpad, share button, lightbar and headphone jack. The lightbar syncs with a camera on the PS4 that allows the console to track the depth simliar to Wii.

PS4 Launch Games
Some of the PS4 games announced include: Deep Down(Capcom), Destiny (Bungie), Diablo III (Blizzard), Driveclub (Evolution Studios), Final Fantasy (Square Enix), Infamous: Second Son (Sucker Punch), Killzone: Shadow Fall (Guerilla Games), Knack (Sony), The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (CD Projekt RED), Watch Dogs (Ubisoft).
Old 07-24-2013, 01:17 PM
I shoot people

Received 2,778 Likes on 1,407 Posts
again, my deciding factor will be how the PS4 controllers feel.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Sony reveals release date

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...-date-revealed

PlayStation 4 Release Date Revealed

It's happening.

by Mitch Dyer

August 20, 2013

PlayStation 4 will release on November 29th, 2013 in Europe and November 15 in the US and Canada. Revealed during Sony's Gamescom 2013 press conference, the $400 next-gen console's date will compete with Microsoft's November release window for Xbox One.

PlayStation 4 has already surpassed 1 million pre-orders worldwide. It will launch in 32 countries.
The following users liked this post:
Doom878 (08-20-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Team Owner

Finally in game music but with Sony Music Unlimited. $42 (PSN+ price) for the year is cheaper than $120 for Spotify/Rdio/MOG users.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/20/s...e-playback-on/
Old 08-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,632 Likes on 13,881 Posts
Can't wait for MGS5 on the PS4.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,097 Likes on 831 Posts
May wait a lil bit before purchasing.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:36 AM

November 29

Old 08-21-2013, 04:12 AM
I shoot people

meh' I thought about pre-paying for one of these next gen systems, but for me... I'm going to let the madness die off and get it later (still haven't decided which one yet)
Old 08-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Senior Moderator

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation...ource=facebook

The PlayStation 4 Launch Titles list features both the games available on launch day (November 15th in the US and launching in 32 countries) and in the launch "window," which usually means within the first three months following launch day.
Games might be added, moved or removed according to any new release date information. Please check this article regularly to keep yourself updated of any possible changes.
Confirmed Day One

The PlayStation 4 will be released on November 29th, 2013 in Europe and November 15th in the US and Canada. [1] These games will be available on or before that date.
<table border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="455"> <tbody><tr> <th style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(51, 51, 102); text-align: center"> Media Type
</th><th style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(51, 51, 102); text-align: center"> Game
</th><th style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(51, 51, 102); text-align: center"> Developer
</th><th style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(51, 51, 102); text-align: center"> Info
</th></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> Retail
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Ubisoft </td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki </td></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> Retail
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Battlefield 4
</td><td style="text-align: center"> DICE
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki
</td></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> PSN / F2P
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Blacklight: Retribution
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Zombie Studios
</td></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> Retail
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Call of Duty: Ghosts </td><td style="text-align: center"> Infinity Ward </td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki </td></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> PSN / F2P
</td><td style="text-align: center"> DC Universe Online </td><td style="text-align: center"> Sony Online Entertainment </td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki </td></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> Retail / PS+
</td><td style="text-align: center"> DriveClub </td><td style="text-align: center"> Evolution Studios </td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki </td></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> Retail
</td><td style="text-align: center"> FIFA 14 </td><td style="text-align: center"> EA Sports </td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki </td></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> Retail
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Just Dance 2014 </td><td style="text-align: center"> Ubisoft </td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki </td></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> Retail
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Killzone Shadow Fall </td><td style="text-align: center"> Guerilla Games </td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki </td></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> Retail
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Knack </td><td style="text-align: center"> SCE Japan Studio </td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki </td></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> Retail
</td><td style="text-align: center"> LEGO Marvel Super Heroes </td><td style="text-align: center"> TT Games </td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki </td></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> Retail
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Madden NFL 25 </td><td style="text-align: center"> EA Sports </td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki </td></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> PSN </td><td style="text-align: center"> Minecraft
</td><td style="text-align: center"> 4J Studios
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki </td></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> Retail
</td><td style="text-align: center"> NBA 2K14
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Visual Concepts </td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki </td></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> Retail
</td><td style="text-align: center"> NBA Live 14 </td><td style="text-align: center"> EA Sports </td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Need for Speed: Rivals
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Ghost, Criterion
</td></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> Pack-in
</td><td style="text-align: center"> The PlayRoom </td><td style="text-align: center"> Sony
</td></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> PSN / PS+
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Resogun
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Housemarque
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Skylanders Swap Force </td><td style="text-align: center"> Vicarious Visions </td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki
</td></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> PSN </td><td style="text-align: center"> Tiny Brains
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Spearhead Games
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Warframe </td><td style="text-align: center"> Digital Extremes </td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki
</td><td style="text-align: center"> War Thunder </td><td style="text-align: center"> Gaijin Entertainment
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki </td></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> Retail
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Watch Dogs </td><td style="text-align: center"> Ubisoft Montreal
</td></tr></tbody></table> Launch Window Games

This is the list of games planned to launch for the PlayStation 4 between Day 1 and the end of March 2014 – the "launch window."
Sony and the publishers below have yet to commit to specific dates for all of these titles. Check the appropriate wiki for updates as new information arises.
<table border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="467"> <tbody><tr> <th style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(51, 51, 102); text-align: center"> Media Type
</th><th style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(51, 51, 102); text-align: center"> Game
</th><th style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(51, 51, 102); text-align: center"> Developer
</th><th style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(51, 51, 102); text-align: center"> Info
</th></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> PSN
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Basement Crawl
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Bloober Team, iFun4all
</td></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> PSN
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Contrast
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Compulsion Games
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Daylight </td><td style="text-align: center"> Zombie Studios </td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Doki-Doki Universe
</td><td style="text-align: center"> HumaNature Studios
</td><td style="text-align: center"> inFamous Second Son </td><td style="text-align: center"> Sucker Punch </td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki </td></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> PSN
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Mercenary Kings
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Tribute Games
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Octodad: Dadliest Catch
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Young Horses, Inc.
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Just Add Water </td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki
</td><td style="text-align: center"> PlanetSide 2
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Sony Online Entertainment
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Pool Nation FX
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Cherry Pop Games
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Primal Carnage: Genesis
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Lukewarm Media
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Ray's the Dead
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Ragtag Studios LLC
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Super Motherload
</td><td style="text-align: center"> XGen Studios
</td><td style="text-align: center"> The Crew </td><td style="text-align: center"> Ivory Towers and Reflections </td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki
</td><td style="text-align: center"> The Order: 1886
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Ready At Dawn Studios - SCE Santa Monica Studio </td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki
</td><td style="text-align: center"> The Pinball Arcade
</td><td style="text-align: center"> FarSight Studios
</td><td style="text-align: center"> The Witness </td><td style="text-align: center"> Thekla Inc. </td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Transistor </td><td style="text-align: center"> Supergiant Games </td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki </td></tr> <tr> <td style="text-align: center"> Retail
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Wolfenstein: The New Order
</td><td style="text-align: center"> Machine Games </td><td style="text-align: center"> Wiki </td></tr></tbody></table>
Old 10-21-2013, 01:33 AM
Senior Moderator

anyone notice that PS4 pre-orders are sold out everywhere?
Old 10-21-2013, 01:53 AM
I shoot people

Originally Posted by srika
anyone notice that PS4 pre-orders are sold out everywhere?
kinda. I asked a Future Shop employee once if they were still taking pre-orders, and she told me yes, they are, BUT at this point, there's no guarantee that I would get a unit on launch day.... but suppose they run out, the people that pre-order late and didn't get one upon launch day will have first dibs when more shipment comes in.

I decided unless I happen to walk into Costco and they have some in stock, I'm going to hold off and wait until all the madness dies off
Old 10-21-2013, 07:11 AM
Team Owner

Supposedly displays are going up. Anyone spot anything?
Old 10-21-2013, 09:51 AM
Needs a 930

Received 759 Likes on 547 Posts
I haven't seen one yet. Preorder my games last week. Battlefield, ghost, drive club, GT6 and fifa14

Very excite. I was holding off incase more came out but looks like the same short list. I thought the crew game looks pretty cool. The off-road camaro in the trailer looks awesome.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:53 AM
Senior Moderator

but then, Sony says they are going to have enough supply on launch date so it's not sold out.

hmm will have to see I guess.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by is300eater
kinda. I asked a Future Shop employee once if they were still taking pre-orders, and she told me yes, they are, BUT at this point, there's no guarantee that I would get a unit on launch day.... but suppose they run out, the people that pre-order late and didn't get one upon launch day will have first dibs when more shipment comes in.

I decided unless I happen to walk into Costco and they have some in stock, I'm going to hold off and wait until all the madness dies off
EBgames/Gamespot seems to have some still available for preorder.
is300eater (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 10:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Yumcha
EBgames/Gamespot seems to have some still available for preorder.
where? I'm seeing this at both sites:

Old 10-21-2013, 11:10 AM
Senior Moderator

where? I'm seeing this at both sites:

Try the physical store. I know when I was at a Gamestop recently preordering the upcoming Batman game, they were still advertising preorders for the PS4.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:11 AM
Senior Moderator

you mean I have to get up and out of my chair?

fk that .

I will consider it
Mizouse (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 11:15 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Old 10-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Senior Moderator

fk that .

I will consider it
I thought you preordered this machine long ago.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Senior Moderator

nah. I rarely do pre-orders.

I've only done it for like, Call of Duty a couple of times.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:23 AM
Senior Moderator

nah. I rarely do pre-orders.

I've only done it for like, Call of Duty a couple of times.
Ah. Well, check out the physical stores if you are really after one. But, then again, the launch titles don't exactly me have me jumping up and down. I may not even have a game to play with when I get my console.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:30 AM
Senior Moderator

yeah, there's no reason for me to buy one lol. the geek in me just wants one.

I'll probably start off with BF4.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:55 AM

Received 2,773 Likes on 1,976 Posts
I preordered mine a long time ago on amazon, I was actually not part of the release day group but ended up getting bumped up
Old 10-21-2013, 12:25 PM
Team Owner

I think Drive Club was delayed though
Old 10-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Senior Moderator

I think Drive Club was delayed though
Is there an official launch list of games?

Quick Reply: Sony: PS4 News and Discussion Thread