Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

360, PS3: Grand Theft Auto IV **Tops $500 Million in first week (page 14)**

Old 05-02-2008, 11:57 PM
I don't have a Ferrari in

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
In multiplayer, can you get guest accounts like you do on Halo 3 so you and your friends can play together on the same xbox?
Old 05-03-2008, 12:18 AM
where is....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no lol
Old 05-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Yes, he did that

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All these problems with the PS3 version remind me of when they pushed out that crap version of Bully for the 360 and had the lock-ups.

I hope they push out a patch quickly to rectify things.

So far, I'm up and running consistently.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:50 AM
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm only at 35% =/
Old 05-03-2008, 01:23 AM
The Third Ball

Received 4,922 Likes on 2,618 Posts
When the fuck do you get a gun?

Still not loving the controls, honestly they suck. but the game is getting entertaining.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:04 AM
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
You get one from Little Jacob.

Sarlacc turn off the auto aim in the options menu. It makes things so much better, especially when you start getting into firefights. Nothing is more annoying then having it lock onto some running pedestrian a block away while a gunman with a shotgun unloads into you right next to you. Have you tried using the other control scheme too?
Old 05-03-2008, 05:44 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
What control scheme do you guys use? I'm still using the default, I haven't changed anything so far. I'm at around 14%. Mainly been playing online with a few of my buddies and coworkers, I don't know how to set up games but I'll ask them.

I killed Vlad and the other guy, SPOILER I was afraid of Faustin getting pissed off or something

I've only been to the strip club, and all I've seen so far is those fat hookers
Old 05-03-2008, 08:43 AM
I don't have a Ferrari in

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Whats that one part of the bridge where as soon as you get near it, 6 stars pop out of no where and helicopters own the shit out of you? I've actually ran past it and made it quite far but is it just there so you don't go into places you aren't suppose to yet?
Old 05-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mastertl
Whats that one part of the bridge where as soon as you get near it, 6 stars pop out of no where and helicopters own the shit out of you? I've actually ran past it and made it quite far but is it just there so you don't go into places you aren't suppose to yet?

Yut. Its the block to the other islands
Old 05-03-2008, 11:52 AM

Received 2,787 Likes on 1,987 Posts
Its because of terrorists why you cant go to the other islands. Pay attention to the game and you would've known that.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

i just unlocked the island today
Old 05-03-2008, 02:02 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
i'm having a problem. My game just sits and loads....doesn't ever go to the game. I thought maybe my game data got corrupt. I've deleted the game data and the saved data....reloaded it...same problem

what do I do?
Old 05-03-2008, 02:34 PM
E92

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower
i'm having a problem. My game just sits and loads....doesn't ever go to the game. I thought maybe my game data got corrupt. I've deleted the game data and the saved data....reloaded it...same problem

what do I do?
I had the issue a couple times too. Try shutting off your ps3 and restarting it, then loading the game again like normal. It works for me.
I really hope Rockstar finds the solution to the locking up issue soon
Old 05-03-2008, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by CLpower

what do I do?
i was having this issue yesterday.

i deleted the save data, that worked for a bit

then i deleted the game data as well and that seems to work.

another thing i heard you can do is disable the internet connection to the PS3.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by TommySalami
I had the issue a couple times too. Try shutting off your ps3 and restarting it, then loading the game again like normal. It works for me.
I really hope Rockstar finds the solution to the locking up issue soon
the shutting off didnt work for me. unless you mean by flicking the switch on the back of the PS3.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I ended up disconnecting the internet connection, and my game has been working fine for past few days
Old 05-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
I've been having the loading forever problem, and now its just freezing up on me. Have to manually reset my whole system (PS3).
Old 05-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
... I can't play at all anymore. Most of the time it freezes on the loading screen, and if I do actually make it into the game, it freezes within 5 minutes and crashes the PS3. wtf.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:22 PM

just banged michelle lol
Old 05-03-2008, 04:33 PM
LOLZ McCain Sux

Wow now we get to laugh at you PS3 fags like you laughed at us about our rings of death!

HAHA! FAGS! well until an update comes out and you guys are fine

As for control of the cars, you can't just floor it like in the old games. You have to drive the cars like real cars, a little on the gas and gradually let the pedal hit the metal.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:52 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by JJ4Short
Wow now we get to laugh at you PS3 fags like you laughed at us about our rings of death!

HAHA! FAGS! well until an update comes out and you guys are fine

As for control of the cars, you can't just floor it like in the old games. You have to drive the cars like real cars, a little on the gas and gradually let the pedal hit the metal.

actually, 360 guys are having the same problems after I did some searching
Old 05-03-2008, 05:02 PM
E92

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
How do you guys deal with huge wanted levels? Pay n spray? I can get away from 3 or less stars but there's no way i can just avoid cops wiht a 4+ stars till my level disappears
Old 05-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Yes, he did that

Originally Posted by BEETROOT
... I can't play at all anymore. Most of the time it freezes on the loading screen, and if I do actually make it into the game, it freezes within 5 minutes and crashes the PS3. wtf.
First, delete the save games and the installed game data. Restart the system and then disable your internet connection in the PS3 system settings.

Reinstall the game and try again.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:13 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
I got the One Man Army Achievement. I got it driving a Bronco or whatever in the subway for 10 minutes. Then they came to get me inside one of the stations. I hide behind a pillar and killed about 8 cops before they nailed me.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Drifting

Received 249 Likes on 134 Posts
I got that One man army thing on accident. I stole a helicopter as soon as I could and went flying over the one island that still wasn't unlocked. Since nobody shoots at you while in the air I didn't really realize I had the wanted level till I landed and was immediately surrounded by swat.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:01 PM
sup

Originally Posted by Stapler
I got that One man army thing on accident. I stole a helicopter as soon as I could and went flying over the one island that still wasn't unlocked. Since nobody shoots at you while in the air I didn't really realize I had the wanted level till I landed and was immediately surrounded by swat.
yeah last night i did that too.... stole a helicopter from the airport and then flew over to the still locked algonquin island. I landed on the chelsea driving range and drove around the island for a little before they got me. lots of fun, the manhattan island is great

also going over the triborough bridge (dunno what its called in the game) is just like real life....with the views, curves in the road, etc. very cool.

also cool is a lapdance from two girls at the same time. niiiiiice.

don't worry sarlacc, you get a hang of the controls and the story gets much better. I like the in-car view, it seems easier, and is quite realistic
Old 05-03-2008, 07:03 PM
sup

btw the mission where you are on a motorcycle is fucking hard.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:11 PM
LOLZ McCain Sux

How do you guys deal with huge wanted levels? Pay n spray? I can get away from 3 or less stars but there's no way i can just avoid cops wiht a 4+ stars till my level disappears
I had 6 stars during a bank heist and all you have to do is make the cops crash then gun it. I headed towards the pay and spray but the wanted level dissapeared before I got there. The key is to get out of the big flashing circle, hit a corner and sit there. Cause if you keep driving you will run into a cop. So as soon as you are out the circle hit an alley way.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:12 PM
LOLZ McCain Sux

Originally Posted by ViperrepiV
there are two more to look forward too
Old 05-03-2008, 07:15 PM
where is....

PS3 GTA IV fix!

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/g...ml?sid=6190279
Reports of Grand Theft Auto IV freezing up have been circulating message boards since the game's launch Tuesday, but Rockstar Games has been tight-lipped as to the reason or the remedy, passing off requests for public comment onto Sony. While the majority of complaints appear to be coming from PlayStation 3 users, Xbox 360 owners with glitch-ridden game experiences have also voiced their frustrations online.

Take-Two representatives may not have been willing to go on the record about the issue, but the publisher's tech support team does not have the same luxury when it comes to customer complaints. An inquiry into the Take-Two tech support site yielded the following array of suggestions on how to fix the problem.
The 12-part response follows below: Please run through the following, go through in order.

1) Delete the game's install data. This is done via the PS3 options. Scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Game' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Game Data Utility' Enter this and locate the GTA IV option. Highlight this and press triangle once, from the menu select Delete. This will delete the game's install information.

2) Delete the game's save files. To delete any save files you will need to do the following. Scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Game' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Save Data Utility' Enter this and locate the GTA IV option. Highlight this and press triangle once, and from the context menu select Delete.

3) Disable your Internet connectivity for the PS3. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Settings' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Network Settings'. Now scroll down to the Internet connection option and press x, now select the disable option. Once this has been done unplug the ethernet cable if you are connecting to the Internet if using this.

4) Disable the console's information board. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Network' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Information Board', highlight this and press triangle. From the menu select 'Do not display' Press X to confirm this.

5) Disable Media Server functionality. Scroll to Settings, now scroll up / down to 'Network Settings' select Media Server connection. Once this has been done press triangle and change the option Disabled.

6) Delete all of the system's Internet cache. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Network' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Internet Browser', highlight this and press X. Once you browser opens press the triangle button once, from the new menu highlight the 'Tools' option and press X. Scroll down the menu until you reach 'Delete Cookies' and press X. Confirm the files deletion. Repeat this for 'Delete Cache'.

7 ) Turn off the PS3 screen saver. Use the cross media bar to scroll to 'Settings', select 'Display Settings'. Now highlight 'Screensaver' and set this to 'Do not use'.

8 ) Once this has been done, manually restart you PS3 by holding down the power button for 5 seconds it will beep once and then shut down. Release the power button and re-press it and hold for about 5 seconds. The system will then boot and reset all display settings. You will be prompted to reset your display settings to how you require them.

9) Once restarted please try the game again, you will be prompted to reinstall.

Once the game has started please turn off the following features:

1) The game's auto-save. Press Start, Game, and locate the Auto-save option. Turn this off.

2) Turn off the game's flicker filter. Press Start, Display and locate the Flicker Filter option. Turn this off.

3) Turn off the controller vibration feature. Press Start, Controls and locate the vibration option. Turn this off. If that doesn't solve the problem, Take-Two allows tech support users to reopen their cases within seven days. As for Sony, earlier today, a representative with the company confirmed a 'freezing' issue with GTAIV on "a limited number of PS3s."

He added that Sony has received "an extremely low volume" of complaint calls to its customer service line, and that it is working with all concerned parties to pin down and fix the issue. Microsoft has not yet responded to GameSpot's inquiries on problems with the Xbox 360 edition of the game. GameSpot editors have yet to receive a response to a Take-Two tech support ticket filed for that version of the game.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ViperrepiV
I don't even bother trying to control the bike (or anything else) using the Sixaxxis. I just use the regular controls.

When I get to the grassy area, I got off the bike and walked in instead of trying to shoot from the bike.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:24 PM
To punish and enslave

All that? Most people are saying is to not be signed on to PSN while loading the game and it should work.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Yes, he did that

Originally Posted by TL CHROMETIDE
All that? Most people are saying is to not be signed on to PSN while loading the game and it should work.
Disconnecting from PSN works for me.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Received 10,290 Likes on 6,236 Posts
FUCK THAT! I am not deleting my game save and starting over! NO FUCKING WAY! That's bullshit! People put way too many hours into this game to have it freeze half way through and have to start over! It started freezing on me yesterday and I haven't tried it today but it freezes at the point when it loads the game save. I'll just not play the game until they fix this problem but I'm not deleting my game save and throwing away hours of time and starting over!

I'm hope the disconnect from PSN works for me.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:15 AM
6MT G37

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Online is maddd funn!!
Old 05-04-2008, 12:31 AM
Burning Brakes

I finally figured out how that friends invite thing works. Me and a bud had a blast doing the team mafiya missions!
Old 05-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Sanest Florida Man

Received 10,290 Likes on 6,236 Posts
Another way to avoid the cops is jumping in the water and going for a swim. The cops won't go in the water so if you can lose the helicopters you can swim outside the flashing circle and lose your wanted level. I was having fun with this. There's a cemetery near the water and some people were there looking a graves so I found it ironic and started shooting a shitload of them and then when my wanted level go high I just jumped in the water and swam out of the circle and then came back and did it all over again. Of course this was before my game stopped working
Old 05-04-2008, 03:49 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Originally Posted by mastertl
Me too it was really early in the game, before I even found a gun. While on that bridge I found the gun and thought to myself, 'cool!' so I kept going then all of a sudden I got 6 flashing stars and helicopters were chasing me. I sprinted towards my safehouse and hid underneath the bridge where the stairs were, waiting for a cop to come but they never did. So then I just ran to the safehouse and saved, then they were gone

Find a big/fast car and haul ass to your safehouse. I stole an SL500 or something and they shot out 2 of my tires and the car was smoking but I made it and survived. Its too hard to lose them even on one of those Ferraris. Another cop will just pop up out of nowhere right on the road ahead of you, and there'll be another where you turn too.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by #1 DOUCHER
Another way to avoid the cops is jumping in the water and going for a swim. The cops won't go in the water so if you can lose the helicopters you can swim outside the flashing circle and lose your wanted level. I was having fun with this. There's a cemetery near the water and some people were there looking a graves so I found it ironic and started shooting a shitload of them and then when my wanted level go high I just jumped in the water and swam out of the circle and then came back and did it all over again. Of course this was before my game stopped working
depending on your wanted level this wont work. not sure on the cut off but there are police boats.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by TL CHROMETIDE
yea can't they put out a patch? not that it effects me, but retarded for a user to do all that just to fix their freezing problems.

Quick Reply: 360, PS3: Grand Theft Auto IV **Tops $500 Million in first week (page 14)**