Infiniti G35x vs. Acura TL

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 03:49 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Swat Dude
I have three computers in my home and one at work. So what is your point???
that means you probably will have 2 different dynamic IP to work with (assuming you don't have 3 different internet accounts at home...that would be really not smart)...the point here is...if someone wants to create multiple accounts...there's no way to check it if he's smart enough even if they are all from the same computer...not to say my school has about 20000 computers...i think that silver dude's point is trying to ask people not to accuse him for something so stupid even though he's being a butt =)

i have a comment about the g35x vs TL thingie..let us not to judge the exterior looking of the cars since its based on opinion alone....performance wise...i wish not to start a debate but g35 has the edge....interior options TL has the edge...quality wise...i would hope to think a tie since TL's interior looks really good..and seems like have a better "touch" to it..but on the other hand..i also hear about the "fitting" of the pieces is not PERFECT...normal for a first year model (dun kill me for saying this)...so....i think its about a tie...TL obviously is a bit larger than the g35..but its also by individual needs and preference..so...from all the specs saying...if you want a car that would have better performance g35 should be your better choice (rwd...FI-able....more mods available)...but if u like gadgets and new technologies(i do) ...TL should be you better choice....

there...no need to bite off each others head to prove that you have a better car =)

there..
Old 05-03-2004, 10:37 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by takuyaah
that means you probably will have 2 different dynamic IP to work with (assuming you don't have 3 different internet accounts at home...that would be really not smart)...the point here is...if someone wants to create multiple accounts...there's no way to check it if he's smart enough even if they are all from the same computer...not to say my school has about 20000 computers...i think that silver dude's point is trying to ask people not to accuse him for something so stupid even though he's being a butt =)

i have a comment about the g35x vs TL thingie..let us not to judge the exterior looking of the cars since its based on opinion alone....performance wise...i wish not to start a debate but g35 has the edge....interior options TL has the edge...quality wise...i would hope to think a tie since TL's interior looks really good..and seems like have a better "touch" to it..but on the other hand..i also hear about the "fitting" of the pieces is not PERFECT...normal for a first year model (dun kill me for saying this)...so....i think its about a tie...TL obviously is a bit larger than the g35..but its also by individual needs and preference..so...from all the specs saying...if you want a car that would have better performance g35 should be your better choice (rwd...FI-able....more mods available)...but if u like gadgets and new technologies(i do) ...TL should be you better choice....

there...no need to bite off each others head to prove that you have a better car =)

there..

How funny. That is the same exact assessment that I gave and I own a G35. If you want pure performance get a G35. If you want great performance with a little more luxury inside get a TL.

BTW did anyone watch Alias last night? Loved it when the bad guys drove up in a Silver G35.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:34 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Brock_Landers
How funny. That is the same exact assessment that I gave and I own a G35. If you want pure performance get a G35. If you want great performance with a little more luxury inside get a TL.

BTW did anyone watch Alias last night? Loved it when the bad guys drove up in a Silver G35.
Bad guys always have more style than the good guys
Old 05-03-2004, 06:30 PM
Advanced

its true though...to be honest...none of us g35 or TL buyers are "racers" unless u r ultra loaded...then still..u probably would go for a EVO or STI or what not...cheaper...faster....we just trying to get a car to compromise fun and comfort....they are both great cars...a bit different...no need to do any drive by on the g35 drivers just cuz they r cocky about being faster by like...stupid 0.5 secs 0-60 or something..cuz we all know we could get an evo and bust out 0-60 in 5 sec =)
Old 05-18-2004, 04:23 PM
1st Gear

Alright, I can't stand it.
As a longtime Honda and Acura owner (but now G35 owner), I am confused.
First off, the TL is essentially an Accord. How can it be a true sport sedan with FWD? I don't really see it as competition for the G35. Every car magazine review mentions this.
What's worse: it looks like a Dodge Stratus! C'mon you have to see that!
Old 05-18-2004, 04:25 PM
Racer

The G35 is sooooo ugly....theres nothing to compare
Old 05-18-2004, 05:21 PM
Pro

ISPs assign hostnames to all nodes on its network that never change. Forget about IPs, when you ban someone from a place like this, you ban their hostname, not their IPs since the IP can change.

there..
Both cars are great, just different. Get the one that you feel the best about and don't look back.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DopeTL04
Jealousy owns you.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ahhhhhhhhgggghhhh! This thread will not die! Where's Van Helsing? Where's some garlic cloves? Quick, someone get a silver bullet! Either kill this thread or at least put ME out of my misery...
Old 05-18-2004, 06:29 PM
Instructor

Interestingly enough, I saw this car coming up behind me and I swear it was a Toyota Prius, then it passed me and it was a G35!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 06:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by t.bickle
First off, the TL is essentially an Accord. How can it be a true sport sedan with FWD? I don't really see it as competition for the G35. Every car magazine review mentions this.
.......where is it written that a sports sedan can't have FWD? Even on performance numbers alone, the TL can hang with the best of 'em, not to mention the best interior design and gadgets for the money........Goodbye, Troll! :rocketwho
Old 05-18-2004, 06:53 PM
You touch my tra la la...

troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll
Old 05-18-2004, 07:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Thomwarn
Interestingly enough, I saw this car coming up behind me and I swear it was a Toyota Prius, then it passed me and it was a G35!!!
Oh yea and I saw a TL come up behind me and I swore it was a CIVIC. lol
Old 05-18-2004, 07:16 PM
Instructor

A TL is not even close to a CIVIC, look again!!
Old 05-18-2004, 07:39 PM
Burning Brakes

People who don't like the car will find reasons why, who cares?
Old 05-18-2004, 07:56 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by t.bickle
Umm, looks like you are looking for a big verbal fight. :enforcer: IMHO, the TL is a great looking vehicle, and the G-35 has an ugly back end, like most Nissans. The exception is the Altima. The Maxima is the ugliest.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Thomwarn
A TL is not even close to a CIVIC, look again!!
Neither is the g35 a Toyota Prius.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BLEXV6
Umm, looks like you are looking for a big verbal fight. :enforcer: IMHO, the TL is a great looking vehicle, and the G-35 has an ugly back end, like most Nissans. The exception is the Altima. The Maxima is the ugliest.
But all the reviews rave the G35 styling. Interesting. Including the tail.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:01 PM
Instructor

Weird. I prefer the back end of the G35 over the TL. I like the front end of the TL over the G35.

Overall, I give the nod to the TL, exterior design-wise.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:41 AM
Advanced

Of course we all like our cars better than the alternatives that we considered. Otherwise, shocker, we'd have purchased something else.

And the SC430 is slick, but just too close to the new Solara Convertable (seriously, look at the new interior).
Old 05-19-2004, 01:42 AM
Advanced

And for some of us, this is probably our apex of car ownership. As much as I'd love to drop 50-100K on a car, it doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the family budget.

Joe
Old 05-19-2004, 02:08 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by apwalsh
ISPs assign hostnames to all nodes on its network that never change. Forget about IPs, when you ban someone from a place like this, you ban their hostname, not their IPs since the IP can change.

Both cars are great, just different. Get the one that you feel the best about and don't look back.
i agree about the isp part....i am saying...people like me...i can change my hostname whenever i want...and i overwrite my MAC once in a while..there's no way you can track me not to mention the firewalls that i have....
Old 05-19-2004, 08:54 AM
1st Gear

i'm also considering the same two cars, and was wondering about one more thing. what about the name, infiniti vs. acura? luxury wise?
Old 05-19-2004, 09:02 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by SilverBulletCLS
Jealousy owns you.

Yes I am jealous I dont have an ugly car! OH man some one get me a G so I can :yack:
Old 05-19-2004, 09:07 AM
Pro

i agree about the isp part....i am saying...people like me...i can change my hostname whenever i want...and i overwrite my MAC once in a while..there's no way you can track me not to mention the firewalls that i have....

I guess that depends on who is tracking you. And you are not changing your hostname.. you just think that you are. You cannot change it.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DopeTL04
Yes I am jealous I dont have an ugly car! OH man some one get me a G so I can :yack:
You really are showing your maturity level.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:41 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

My oh my. I don't think G owners have said too much about TL's?
Old 05-20-2004, 03:23 PM
Racer

HAHAHAH by the way whoever said a g35 coupe is faster then a tl is sadly mistaken ive seen many street races betwen the two and let me tell u the TL blows it away ... ive seen a g35 beat a TL once and it was by maybe a half a car ..but then again wats once out of 7...the only reason people think its faster is the sound of the exhaust and when u sit in the car u hear it and feel it the TL is so smooth you have no clue ure doin 60 mph.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:29 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RavingStyleZ
HAHAHAH by the way whoever said a g35 coupe is faster then a tl is sadly mistaken ive seen many street races betwen the two and let me tell u the TL blows it away ... ive seen a g35 beat a TL once and it was by maybe a half a car ..but then again wats once out of 7...the only reason people think its faster is the sound of the exhaust and when u sit in the car u hear it and feel it the TL is so smooth you have no clue ure doin 60 mph.
That is a straight away. Take one turn and it turns into no contest.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:16 PM
Advanced

word up man...u know your stuff =).i dun think the TL would "blow away" the g35 by any chance...i think they are extremely close with the edge to the g35...i guess the "races" that you saw...the g35 driver is a noob and the TL drivers are really good ....
Old 05-20-2004, 04:44 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RavingStyleZ
Sorry, till I see timeslips with a 14.0 on the TL, the G35 coupe is STILL faster. I have seen MANY timeslips on the various G35 websites that have 14.0-14.2 seconds stock for the coupe. What you saw was a good TL driver vs. a crap G35 driver. Remember, a street race is about the driver, not the car.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:58 PM
Banned

Even on a straight, the G35 C would beat the TL. It is faster from 0-150 mph in all the tests.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:55 PM
Instructor

All u people gotta do is understand that $ is hard to earn, and you will get more for the same price if u go for the TL since EVERYTHING IS A STANDARD. You wont have to bother paying 2k for premium package like in the G35. All those lil packages add up and make u end up paying 2k-5k more than the base price so therefore, TL comes w/ more, and costs less.

Besides, G35 is for performance (which makes u want to race in it), TL is a luxury sports sedan, got the capabilities but wont make you want to race as much. (Got a nice sound system too, u can drive slow n enjoy the music compared to G35's shitty Bose)

racing = risking crashing
crashing = no car
no car = u / repairs / insurance goes up
Old 05-20-2004, 10:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SlayerGTR
All u people gotta do is understand that $ is hard to earn, and you will get more for the same price if u go for the TL since EVERYTHING IS A STANDARD. You wont have to bother paying 2k for premium package like in the G35. All those lil packages add up and make u end up paying 2k-5k more than the base price so therefore, TL comes w/ more, and costs less.

Besides, G35 is for performance (which makes u want to race in it), TL is a luxury sports sedan, got the capabilities but wont make you want to race as much. (Got a nice sound system too, u can drive slow n enjoy the music compared to G35's shitty Bose)

racing = risking crashing
crashing = no car
no car = u / repairs / insurance goes up
My bose sounds fine. Has perfect clarify and mids. Also at least I can blast it with the windows down and it doesn't distort. You guys can't even hear yours with the windows down, because of limited volume control.
Old 05-21-2004, 12:25 AM
Andrenaline Junkie

Originally Posted by SilverBulletCLS
You really are showing your maturity level.
Okay, Pot.
Old 05-21-2004, 12:50 AM

For goodness sakes for all intents and purposes the cars are pretty much equals. It should not take 10 pages to figure this out. Personal reasons are why people buy one over the other. Not that one is better period. They each have their strong and weak points.
Old 05-21-2004, 03:24 PM
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
For goodness sakes for all intents and purposes the cars are pretty much equals. It should not take 10 pages to figure this out. Personal reasons are why people buy one over the other. Not that one is better period. They each have their strong and weak points.
Nope...wrong again...the G's BETTER!
Old 05-21-2004, 03:31 PM
You touch my tra la la...

Lol CLS is still here defending his precious car. This is classic.