Old 04-28-2004, 11:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VTEC=happiness
I thinki you meant to say you're (you are) dumb..moron...J/K
Old 04-28-2004, 11:51 AM
Banned

Sorry but you have no facts in this statement and if you read through the whole conversation on freshalloy about this you would know it does not EFFECT the resale on the G35. Especially since its rated the BEST!

Originally Posted by 6mtV6
Selling cars to rental fleets do make the car loose value. A few people were complaining on freshalloy about the G35 being sold to Hertz, Enterprise or any other rental companies.
I like both the G35 and the TL. I chose the TL because it just had better design. If the G35 had a nicer design and nicer interior I would definitely get the G35.
Nissan has to wake up and see that the Infiniti brand means luxury. In Japan the G35 is badged as a Nissan Skyline 350GT and the interior will do because it's a Nissan. In the US it's an Infiniti and the interior has to be "nice" not "ok". Nissan is giving the G35 a nicer interior soon and if that interior is nice I might even consider getting the G35x.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:52 AM
You touch my tra la la...

Actually it is true that selling the car to rental fleets deflates the value. Think about it, when it comes time to sell your car they will be all too common.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SilverBulletCLS
Sorry but you have no facts in this statement and if you read through the whole conversation on freshalloy about this you would know it does not EFFECT the resale on the G35. Especially since its rated the BEST!
While it might not EFFECT it, it probably does AFFECT it.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:07 PM
Intermediate

I might get flamed for this but I really like the side profile view of the G35 sedan over the TL. The front and rear just look odd on the other hand.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:11 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by dejavu
I might get flamed for this but I really like the side profile view of the G35 sedan over the TL. The front and rear just look odd on the other hand.

:tflamer: dejavu

you asked for it :toothless
Old 04-28-2004, 12:29 PM
Advanced

Both great cars...I was going to get a TL, but I just do not like the Accord like styling of it...IMO, it's a glorified Accord with the bells and whistles. To me, the G35's styling got much more class to it...IMO, it's the best looking sedan out there, second to the E-class.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:31 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by thegre8tone
Both great cars...I was going to get a TL, but I just do not like the Accord like styling of it...IMO, it's a glorified Accord with the bells and whistles. To me, the G35's styling got much more class to it...IMO, it's the best looking sedan out there, second to the E-class.

:tflamer: thegre8tone

ok, who's next?
Old 04-28-2004, 12:34 PM
Burning Brakes

But what about the Pontiac Aztek?? j/k :diablotin
Old 04-28-2004, 01:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by GaleForce
Actually it is true that selling the car to rental fleets deflates the value. Think about it, when it comes time to sell your car they will be all too common.
You guys are really simplifying this issue. It's like saying Magic Johnson could have never been a great point guard because he was too tall.

The results are all that matters. Resale value is a basic function of supply and demand. Yes, if Infiniti used the rental car outlets to over build, and flood the market with too much supply, it would AFFECT resale value. But at this time, that is not the case.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:03 PM

Its not the case because the car is only a year or so old. There isn't much of a resale market yet.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:08 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by PetesTL
All very good responses. One more thing: the G35, although a fabulous car, has a design that's several years old and looks "dated" compared to the fresh '04 TL. And as a result, they're more heavily discounted so you could get a pretty good deal on one right now. But there's no getting around the fact that the interior of a car plays a HUGE factor right now in people's purchasing decisions.....since you spend 99% of your time with your car behind the wheel, you better like what you see and feel inside.

how is the g35s look several years outdated?there is no other car onthe market that looks even similar to it. We all know acura/honda makes all their cars alike. the tl looks just like the tsx and very similar to the accord. How cheap is that?My Brother in law has an 04 TL and i beat him by 1- 1/2 car lengths everytime we race. No matter at what speeds.

I'll admit the g35s interior is kinda boring compared to the TL, but overall the g35s power/rwd and the exterior looks won me over. Can beat the LED tail lights.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:11 PM
10th Gear

haha...ok, i'll bite and be next in line for a flame.

I think the G35 can be a great looking car with the aero kit and rear spoiler.

It confounds me as to how people think the G35 sedan is ugly, but adore the coupe. They seem to have almost identical styling cues, with size and dimension varying.

BTW, we have a 04 WDP, and really really enjoy it.

However, there are a few things that I do like about the G35 over the TL, that wasn't enough to sway our purchase, but are kinda minor.

For one, I think the G35 exterior definitely fits the Sports Sedan Luxury model better than the TL. Sure, the TL looks fast sitting still...but I think my personal taste is to have a very well balanced looking car (50/50) along the lines of the BMW or Audi. Something more reserved. The TL does look sleek and fast, but it's profile looks like it's slightly lurching forward...hey, a Celica looks like it's fast, just not so classy.

Also, the doors on the G35 seem much more solid, and shut with a satisfying whoomp. The TL door feels a little light, and is very notchy.

Finally, the TL's windows, pillars, and large headrests, make for obstructed visibility, but that's what ya get with the whole sporting theme.

The End

oh yeah, thanks for the comparison Brock...I think i made the right decision for our TL.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:12 PM

G35 interior = LOL
Old 04-28-2004, 01:13 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by Chelflicker
Hey folks -- been very excited about getting a TL (in large part due to this forum), but today I test-drove an Infiniti G35x (I live in MA, where AWD can be very handy), and I really liked it.

I still haven't driven a TL, but I'm curious if any here considered the G35x, and why you ultimately went with a TL.

Thanks!

You should test drive both cars for yourself before you get biased answers from a TL forum or ask ppls thoughts about both cars on a non biased forum.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:15 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by g35thanh
how is the g35s look several years outdated?there is no other car onthe market that looks even similar to it. We all know acura/honda makes all their cars alike. the tl looks just like the tsx and very similar to the accord. How cheap is that?My Brother in law has an 04 TL and i beat him by 1- 1/2 car lengths everytime we race. No matter at what speeds.

I'll admit the g35s interior is kinda boring compared to the TL, but overall the g35s power/rwd and the exterior looks won me over. Can beat the LED tail lights.

i still dont understand why people say the TL is so much like the accords. put them side by side and show me how many parts are identical (same part number).

again, if you go for pure driving performance, IMHO the g35 is better. but for me, i wanted the comfort and the style more so i went with the TL - which has excellent performance as well. cant beat it in an overall package.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:20 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by kelly408
i still dont understand why people say the TL is so much like the accords. put them side by side and show me how many parts are identical (same part number).

again, if you go for pure driving performance, IMHO the g35 is better. but for me, i wanted the comfort and the style more so i went with the TL - which has excellent performance as well. cant beat it in an overall package.
I don't think you have to have the same part number to look similar....haha

HOnda designed all these cars with the same base. A big rear end and a pointy front end. I don't think anyone ever said the TL is a pos, but there is no comparison between the g35 coupe and the TL. If the comparison was between the g35 sedan and the 04 TL, I would definitely chose the TL over the g35 sedan.

Please don't try to tell me the coupe and sedans looks are so much alike because they obviously look different. Of course they are gonna have similar features because they are both G35s!!!
Old 04-28-2004, 01:25 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by g35thanh
HOnda designed all these cars with the same base. A big rear end and a pointy front end. I don't think anyone ever said the TL is a pos, but there is no comparison between the g35 coupe and the TL. If the comparison was between the g35 sedan and the 04 TL, I would definitely chose the TL over the g35 sedan.

Please don't try to tell me the coupe and sedans looks are so much alike because they obviously look different. Of course they are gonna have similar features because they are both G35s!!!

i didnt know you were talking about coupes. i assumed we are all talking about sedans to make a fair comparison between the TL and G35.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:34 PM
9th Gear

i didnt know you were talking about coupes. i assumed we are all talking about sedans to make a fair comparison between the TL and G35.

oh, i thought i some ppl were talking about the coupe too.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:37 PM
Outnumbered at home

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sedans only. G35x and TL is the discussion

Isn't the X similarly equipped going to be a few k more than the TL? I assume it will be tougher to get a discount on because it is so new as well.

Just drive and pick the one you like. Both are great cars. I need a stick so TL is for me (snow and RWD just aren't fun for me anymore). Now if the X came in a manual that would be interesting
Old 04-28-2004, 02:09 PM
Instructor

Bought my 2002 TL-S brand new. When the G35 Sedan came out I checked it out. Not enough exciting about it to make me switch. Then the G35 Coupe came out. Great looks. Took it for a test drive - gave my wife the Acura and bought a Coupe. I'm riding happy - cheap interior, loud exhaust and all.

lawman
Old 04-28-2004, 03:20 PM
Instructor

The simplified answer

Let me try to clarify the TL vs. G35 issue once and for all. At the end of the day with an Acura, you have an Acura. At the end of the day with the G35, you have a Nissan. Need I say more??!?!?!?!
Old 04-28-2004, 03:42 PM
I6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Infiniti G35 = Nissan Sklyline 350GT
Old 04-28-2004, 03:43 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Everyone certainly has their own tastes and wants. For me, the G35 just didn't do it. I test drove the G Coupe several times and even put a deposit on one, but in the end I went with a GS300 Sportdesign. The coupe was drop-dead gorgeous (IMHO) and drove great, but I just couldn't get past the yellow-orange lighting, the silver painted plastic and the mediocre sound system. Granted, not much in its price range can touch it when it comes to performance/handling, but that really wasn't the most important thing for me since most of my time is spent in heavy traffic. The GS won, hands down.

Where does the TL come into the picture? I wouldn't hesitate to trade my Lexus for a new TL... and I may be doing so soon. However, I would never consider trading it for a G35. Just thought you might like an opinion from someone who doesn't own either car but has experienced both.

I have nothing against Infiniti. I also own an '03 QX4 that I use as a daily driver, and it is comfortable and extremely reliable.
Old 04-28-2004, 03:44 PM
Instructor

Like I said, Nissan
Old 04-28-2004, 04:18 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I had test driven the G35x and contacted many dealers for price quotes. I got a fair quote (33k incl dest +TTL) from one dealer and was about a week away from to actually purchasing it. I never really 'liked' the exterior styling of the G35, but it wasn't that bad. Then I heard about the TL and thought it was worth looking into. After looking at the TL and taking it for a drive I was torn. The G35x felt plenty powerful and seemed to handle better, but the interior did not impress me. The TL had similar power, handled well and looked and felt better (material-qise). I contacted a few Acura dealers and negotiating a price of about 31.4K (5AT, non-navi) - which was a pretty good deal in SoCal.

The lease prices on the G (higher residual) were much more favorable than the TL, but the purchase price of the TL is less.

They are both great cars and you will probably be happy with either one. If the TL came in AWD, then the choice would be less difficult. I ended up getting buying the TL and don't regret it, Though I don't think I would have been disappointed with the G35x, either. Regardless, unless you need the car in the next month or two, you would probably be better off waiting for the '05 models as the G will be getting some pretty significant interior upgrades that should make the decision even tougher

Good luck and ignore the "my car is better than that car" bias as much as you can.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:27 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Thomwarn
Let me try to clarify the TL vs. G35 issue once and for all. At the end of the day with an Acura, you have an Acura. At the end of the day with the G35, you have a Nissan. Need I say more??!?!?!?!
That's the dumbest thing I've read in this whole discussion so far.

If G35= Nissan, then TL = Honda

If you honestly believe any different, I feel sorry for you.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:28 PM
Advanced

Like I said, Nissan
Just like TL = Honda... I don't get your point?
Old 04-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by cdid
That's the dumbest thing I've read in this whole discussion so far.

If G35= Nissan, then TL = Honda

If you honestly believe any different, I feel sorry for you.

What he said...
Old 04-28-2004, 04:42 PM
G35 Freak

Hehe,this is a pretty sad discussion.

Buy the car YOU like. Don't go by what others say!!!

There are just as many people that believe that the TL > G35 and G35 > TL.

Make your own decisions.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
:tflamer: thegre8tone

ok, who's next?
....and the G35 is a "glorified" Altima/Maxima. But really, who cares?! There are so many G35's out there right now, it's not even funny......it's about as "exotic" as a Buick. My TL turns heads anywhere I go.......
Old 04-28-2004, 05:12 PM
Advanced

....and the G35 is a "glorified" Altima/Maxima. But really, who cares?! There are so many G35's out there right now, it's not even funny......it's about as "exotic" as a Buick. My TL turns heads anywhere I go.......

turns heads everywhere u go? well, sad to say that in a few more months, TL's will be a dime a dozen too (if it isn't already). when i got mine in february, there were hardly any on the road. i'd see one or two every other day or so. now, i see TL's every ten minutes when i'm on the road. i live in the bay area so everyone here always has the latest and greatest toys just to keep it in perspective, M3's, M5's, E55's are a dime a dozen. people don't even oooh and aaaah when they see one here.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:13 PM
Advanced

Glorified Altima/Maxima? Last time I checked the G is on a F/M chassis, like the FX and Z. Yeah, your TL turns heads because all the young ricers thinks 'wow, where did that guy get the body kit for his Civic?
Old 04-28-2004, 05:21 PM
Instructor

Like I said before and I'll say it again, would you rather have a glorified NISSAN or an ACURA. Let the history and all the data speak for itself!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2004, 05:23 PM
Instructor

Here is my two cents on this topic.
When the G35 came out, people were raving about it. It won motortrend car of the year etc. infiniti's sales went through the roof. In a sense that car turned the company around. Now what do you think other car companies are going to do, they are going to try to come out with something better. More gadgets, more horsepower etc. its the name of the game. Competition makes the automotive industry grow. Now faster than before with all the technology that is out there.
Now we have Acura, they were doing okay, the MDX did well for them, the TSX started something and the TL opened the doors to a lot of new customers that would have not looked at Acura before. They had some of their biggest numbers the last few months due to a large part of the success of the TL. Does that make the TL better than the G35? No, and it doesn't make the G35 better than the TL. The TL was the evolutionary next step in this market. BMW has set a standard in the 30,000+ sports sedan segment and others are trying to beat it, either with price, technology or whatever they can bring to the table.
At the end of the day there will always be something better on the horizon. We have an amazing car here. it has brought a lot of "firsts" to the industry. But it doesn't mean it's the best. It suits our needs and that's what counts at the end of the day.
Also to address someone's post on a G35 as common as a buick, what do you think the TL will be like in a couple of years? This car is a great bang for the buck. We discovered it earlier than others but give it time, and others will join in.
If you want a car that's you won't see everyday, better look into Lamborghini, or Ferarri, or the VW Pahaeton (sorry,had to throw that in) but those are in another catagory all together.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:25 PM
Advanced

Like I said before and I'll say it again, would you rather have a glorified NISSAN or an ACURA. Let the history and all the data speak for itself!!!!!!!!!!
??? What are you trying to say? Acura is not an Honda? And what history and data are you talking about?
Old 04-28-2004, 05:25 PM
Instructor

ck37 genius pure genius
Old 04-28-2004, 05:27 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Glorified Altima/Maxima? Last time I checked the G is on a F/M chassis, like the FX and Z. Yeah, your TL turns heads because all the young ricers thinks 'wow, where did that guy get the body kit for his Civic?
Okay, I'm a TL owner and still think that is funny $hlt!!
Old 04-28-2004, 05:28 PM
Instructor

History of reliability, resale, prestige, solidly built cars, but most of all the ACURA name.

Quick Reply: Infiniti G35x vs. Acura TL