FML: speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shoofin
Of course at some point all of us are guilty of going over the limit, (I have taken my car to it's top speed while being the only one on the road at 3am) so I won't bash you for it...

And at the same time, you really were guilty, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to fight it. I say fight it, and

BUT, I wouldn't fight it w/o a lawyer. Chances are you'll be wasting your time, because you don't know what to listen for in the testimony of the officer. A lawyer does.
dang getting a lawyer and fighting a ticket would improve my chances of winning, but i would end up paying the same-ish no? only benefit is that i don't have to take traffic school and rid the point IF I WIN.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TommySalami
It may not be the "right" thing to do morally, but I say fight it. The argument that he was going 90 and caught up to you will not hold up in court.
yeah thats what everyone's saying, but now with the introduction of the "video/audio" equipment. it's kind of eh?

well i mean. it was an empty road. speeding down @ 120.
saw the traffic, gradually slowing down. @ 90 when i saw the cop thats FOR SURE. he was two lanes right (passenger side) of me. i slow down some more down to 65 now, and i'm just driving along. he switches lanes over to get behind me, and we are doing 65 now or atleast i am. and the lights turn on.

it wasn't even night time. so i know he wasnt hiding anywhere because it was so empty i wouldve seen him. he was cruising in the traffic for sure. so 120 -> 90 -> 65 = pulled over.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
Originally Posted by IBFStyles
Do you even know what trial by mail is? The only reason officers go to court is because they get paid 2-300% overtime just for being there. If you send a trial by mail they recieve no amount of cash at all for replying. 1/3 officers never send in a counter argument.
so what happens when he LOOSES? In trial by mail there is no chance to plea out.....with states hard up for cash, this is NOT something that can be recommended......
Old 05-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Advanced

YeuEm get your facts straight before you spout out nonsense. If the cop doesn't reply at all he wins the case. If the cop does reply he has a chance at winning the case.

If it turns out that he does lose then he can request trial de novo.

Which means he can go to court in person and make his plea.

Can you "google" before you reply? You have some point to prove but you know absolutely nothing.

Doing trial by mail gives you a double shot at winning your case. Enough said, anybody who doesn't do trial by mail before showing up to court in person just wasted their first chance at not showing up at all.

Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai
so what happens when he LOOSES? In trial by mail there is no chance to plea out.....with states hard up for cash, this is NOT something that can be recommended......