All Ron Jon Wheel owners (past&present) Check In

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 12:42 PM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
I personally clean my rims even in buffalo, ny winter and salt roads every 2 weeks. The finish has always looked good.

Does anyone know if the calipers were different between cl and accord and the two different gen of accords?

Ron does make his rims exclusive to honda/acura but he mentioned he didn't support the models.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Turbo 6 Speed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rondog
7 pages, and nobody knows exactly what the OP wants nor did he request a solution. Just an attempt to get revenge or he would have said, this is what I want / expect even if it won't happen for other reasons.
You havn`t given a solution either. The OP said he will respond when he gets home from work.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by CL-S6
You havn`t given a solution either. The OP said he will respond when he gets home from work.
You clearly don't like me or my company, I said I won't be offering a solution since the wheels are not defective, since he went about it the wrong way in trying to deface me and my company and since the wheels are no longer under warranty. And he had 8 pages to state it, this isn't the first time he is posting.

Even before when the private emails were exchanged, there was nothing requested. He started this thread and didn't say that he had a goal of getting replacements or anything, thats my point, its a dirty way to get revenge for a case that has no merit.

If he wanted a resolution he should state what he thinks is fair or what he expected. hasn't been done. I stated my position on this a dozen times already.

Last edited by rondog; 10-02-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:05 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,834 Likes on 2,576 Posts
Again...nothing requested but nothing really offered either.

I haven't seen him once deface or slander you.

What he has done is no different than leaving a review at the BBB or referral website. You need to get over your pride and your ego on this one.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:10 PM
e92 335i

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by iTimmy
That's what I've been thinking for the last few pages here, the damage this thread is doing to the brand is far greater then the shot to one's ego. When a new customer is looking into RonJon Wheels this thread will undoubtedly come up and is a very poor representation of the brand - damage like that is huge.
honestly I was going to purchase RJ wheels, but after this thread, i'm having 2nd thoughts esp. since I'm in Canada
Old 10-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
OP, what do you think a fair resolution would be?
Old 10-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sarlacc
Again...nothing requested but nothing really offered either.

I haven't seen him once deface or slander you.

What he has done is no different than leaving a review at the BBB or referral website. You need to get over your pride and your ego on this one.
By sending me an email saying do what I want regardless of your policy or I'll start a thread to deface you, oh, thats not defacing me? Please, nobody is in this situation except me and OP, so your opinion is just that. I'm pissed because nobody knows what those wheels went thru, but everybody has become a professional saying the wheels were messed up with this or that, or the wheels were defective or what. nobody knows, thats why we send the wheels back to the factory for testing, they apply the finish and they know. They also try to make sure this doesn't happen again in the future. I know what a defect looks like, and the pics of the latest wheel look like there was brake dust on the side of the spoke where it is hard to clean, and it has a pattern of normal wear and tear if the wheels are not cleaned thoroughly. A defect would be bubbling up or a spot larger than a dime coming off the wheel. not tiny rock chips that happen to the whole car as well. Go to a dealer and show them your hood and say, is this under warranty? Sorry.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ladiesman217
honestly I was going to purchase RJ wheels, but after this thread, i'm having 2nd thoughts esp. since I'm in Canada
Thats your decision and I repsect your decision any way you cut it, but to base everything you know about a company off 1 in 8000 transactions is not really fair. If I might suggest, please do a search anywhere else on this forum and find me one other dissatisfied customer. We don't have over 2k pictures on our site for nothing, a majority of my customers are repeat buyers based off of pleasing purchasing experiences or else we wouldn't be able to survive selling to only 2 brands out of all the car makers out there.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:24 PM
ChicagoNick

I don't know Ron or the OP... BUT, Ron has said, a few times, that he offered a refund as an option when the original set didn't work out. The OP is saying it never was an option. Someone is lying here...

IF, Ron is lying, then the OP deserves the difference back from the chrome wheels to the reflective silver. That's it! No way any business will give u a full refund after years have gone by.

IF, the OP is lying, then he deserves nothing but the responses Ron has been leaving him. He is clearly trying to 'butter' up the story. He began this thread with a statement that he has a family and that $2000 is a big deal to him. I'm sorry, but if family is your priority, $2000 20-inch chrome wheels should be nowhere on your list of 'shit to buy'.

The OP admittedly agreed to accepting the second set. Therefore the chrome is now out of the question. If the new set is really all types of shitty now, it doesn't really matter. The warranty is up. Big Box stores wouldn't deal with this either. That's why there are 30-day return policies EVERYWHERE. I worked retail for over 7 years, so i know what I'm talking about. There comes a point where the dealer has to 'cut the cord'. 2+ years of trying to solve a problem? There is no solution here.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Rooting for Acura

Received 1,758 Likes on 802 Posts
honestly i was going to purchase rj wheels, but after this thread, i'm having 2nd thoughts esp. Since i'm in canada
Old 10-02-2009, 01:27 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Seriously, this thread will go nowhere from here.

OP, just tell Ron what you really want as a solution. If Ron can provide what you want, it's done. If Ron can't provide what you want, you can take it to court and deal with this there.

WTF is the point of this thread anyway? Aren't you just trying to get some compensation out of all this? Then ask him directly.

We are not going to find out the REAL FACTS of what happened anyway. Both of you guys may be coming up with different lies. We WON'T know the truth. We are not the investigator. We don't have any authority to investigate this shit.

So yeah, quit bitching and just ask him what you want. If nothing works out, you can take him to court I guess. And if you win, you can talk about that later by making a new thread I guess. I just feel like you are just trying to come in here to talk about this so you can undermine his business.

I don't know, I'm just sick of this long ass thread of BS assumptions.

Who the hell knows what really happened between them?? We have to assume everything and say this and that.

This thread won't go anywhere.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:30 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts

decision making process: read one review of brand -> make a decision

Old 10-02-2009, 01:30 PM
The Third Ball

[QUOTE=ChicagoNick;11367152]I don't know Ron or the OP... BUT, Ron has said, a few times, that he offered a refund as an option when the original set didn't work out. The OP is saying it never was an option. Someone is lying here...

You didn't read. Ron did not really offer a refund. Only of the calipers didn't work.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:32 PM
ChicagoNick

Originally Posted by JS + TL

+1
Old 10-02-2009, 01:34 PM
ChicagoNick

No, the warranty started when the product was received, not when the purchase was placed. And the year it took to get the wheel was actuallyu becasue he placed a preorder on the wheel before it was available, and then once it arrived, the wheel had to be custom chromed domestically. We all know how long chromers take.

He was offered this option after he expressed that he really lieks the wheel and that he wants to make it work with spacers or something when he received the wheels and they did not fit over the factory calipers.

A.) accept a set of free rotors and calipers that would allow the wheels to fit.

B.) I told him if the calipers don't work, the only option at that point is to receive a refund and send the brakes back.
Hey SARLAC, apparently i didn't read this part then...
Old 10-02-2009, 01:35 PM
ChicagoNick

[QUOTE=Sarlacc;11367209]
Originally Posted by ChicagoNick
I don't know Ron or the OP... BUT, Ron has said, a few times, that he offered a refund as an option when the original set didn't work out. The OP is saying it never was an option. Someone is lying here...

You didn't read. Ron did not really offer a refund. Only of the calipers didn't work.
Point is!!!! he had an option to refund... it was there.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Rooting for Acura

OP - ship a wheel back to Ron to have him take a look at them in person. He seems like a reasonable enough guy that if he saw that the rims were defective and not "damaged" that he might reconsider and come up with another solution. You can probably work out the shipping cost somehow (1/2 and 1/2) to show that you both can "put down your rocks" to come to an amicable solution.

My opinion (because everyone asked )
I think that $1K should be refunded, calipers given back and the wheels should be given back.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:40 PM
FOR SALE - BM

Ive bought rims off of Ron in the past, i was first in line for the original legends. My car is even posted on his site. The rims were of the highest quality and i had nothing short of a smooth transaction. Even when i bent the rim hitting a uneven ledge in the street Ron took special interest and wanted me to send pictures and everything. He offered to take care of me if i needed to get another rim at a super reduced price.
I don't really see any solution to this problem. The OP's rims are super hot, although the finish may be poor. Me personally, i would want to get them refinished in a different color or something. especially if i worked at a body shop. If me, i would have asked Ron to maybe split the cost of getting them refinished. just my .02
Old 10-02-2009, 01:46 PM
ChicagoNick

also, if OP is a certified body technician(mentioned earlier in the thread) and has worked for car dealerships... shouldn't he know someone who can refinish those wheels for him at a decent price??
Old 10-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Former Sponsor

[QUOTE=Sarlacc;11367209]

I offered the calipers because he said he wants the wheels and spacers were even mentioned, but since I had the calipers and rotors, I offered that. I run a business and after sending the wheels out to get custom chrome plated, I am not going to be quick to offer a refund, especially if he isn't asking for one.

And anybody with a credit card knows, if an item is paid for and you didn't receive it or it isn't what you purchased, a last resort would be to contact your bank and let them take care of it. But after 2.8 years, 2 sets of wheels and brakes, i don't think the bank would rule in his favor or even hear the case at that point.

Now that I think about it, my fault was putting my trust initially in the chrome plater company, sho left me high and dry and with no solution but to offer the RS finish to the customer (OP). I've learned my lesson and have since vowed to not offer custom finishes except for powder coating.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:58 PM
ChicagoNick

i stand corrected.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Beforte this thread was started, if the OP would have requested the Silver finish instead with a credit back of the difference in price, I would have said fine, thats an option I can offer. But he insisted he wanted the chrome look to complete his car, so I offered the RS finish of basically the same price ($10 difference for each wheel). If I had a solution at the time, I put it on the table for him to take or decline.

I just hope people here don't think I am malicious or out to deny people. I stuck with this from the first issue and I took responsibility for the chrome plater in CA defects. That is obvious, but I can only do what is in my power, and to this day I don't even kno what the OP intentions are, new set of wheels, new chrome finish, or what.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:04 PM
ChicagoNick

That's what he should have requested in the beginning... the difference in cost from chrome to the reflective silver. Since he was satisfied enough to accept the second set. But, this is what happens when one doesn't say what they want. It ends up hurling out of them when it's late in the game and they no longer know what it will take to be content.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
7 pages, and nobody knows exactly what the OP wants nor did he request a solution. Just an attempt to get revenge or he would have said, this is what I want / expect even if it won't happen for other reasons.
Why bother asking if you already dicided not to honor any resolution

Originally Posted by rondog;
I don't agree with this, like I said before, he already did his part and crossed the line with his intentions to get revenge in a dishonorable way. Thats it, I'm not having any part of any resolution. I'm going to treat this like I would my own kids, 0 tolerance when the line is crossed...
Old 10-02-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 641 Likes on 395 Posts
Originally Posted by EuRTSX
Maybe you should've read pages 4 and 5..
ROFL yeah, Sarlacc almost did a 180 on page 4 there.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by R*D*X*
Why bother asking if you already dicided not to honor any resolution
to prove a point, his goal was not a resolution, but it was to inflict damage on my company. Which is precisely the reason I am not going to even consider helping him.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
To RonDog:
-You say the warranty lasts for one year after the product is recieved. You took almost a year to send the replacement. Who's fault is that?
Old 10-02-2009, 02:24 PM
The Third Ball

[QUOTE=ChicagoNick;11367254]

Point is!!!! he had an option to refund... it was there.
Yeah, but not really, refund was based on a contingent.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:25 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Come on man, it's 8 pages because of a bunch of post-whores, not because of him. You said you're not going to give him anything, so what is he supposed to do when he feels that he spent $2000 and not get the product he paid for? Venting on the internet is pretty much the only option.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Former Sponsor

[QUOTE=Sarlacc;11367566]

Yeah, but not really, refund was based on a contingent.
no, the refund was based on him wanting to keep the wheels and wanting the calipers. Please Sarlacc, just leave the situation alone, appreciate the help but you are making false statements. Me and the OP know the story, not you.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm the Firestarter

What does being in Canada have to do with this? Here you can buy his rim from Woodbine Acura and they probably give you some kind of local warranty. Keep in mind this is a single case and does not represent the typical dealing with the company. I would still buy rims from Ron, as long as they're in stock and not chrome.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:28 PM
The Third Ball

[QUOTE=rondog;11367355]

I offered the calipers because he said he wants the wheels and spacers were even mentioned, but since I had the calipers and rotors, I offered that. I run a business and after sending the wheels out to get custom chrome plated, I am not going to be quick to offer a refund, especially if he isn't asking for one.

And anybody with a credit card knows, if an item is paid for and you didn't receive it or it isn't what you purchased, a last resort would be to contact your bank and let them take care of it. But after 2.8 years, 2 sets of wheels and brakes, i don't think the bank would rule in his favor or even hear the case at that point.

Now that I think about it, my fault was putting my trust initially in the chrome plater company, sho left me high and dry and with no solution but to offer the RS finish to the customer (OP). I've learned my lesson and have since vowed to not offer custom finishes except for powder coating.
Sigh...

Way to shirk the blame to your chromer. Fine, they sucked, they fucked you, OK...and?

You're a business owner and you have to stand behind your product no matter who boned you behind the scenes. I think you know that.

As for not being quick to offer a refund...I get it, I dont agree with it, but again its your business and you can run it how you like.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:30 PM
The Third Ball

By sending me an email saying do what I want regardless of your policy or I'll start a thread to deface you, oh, thats not defacing me? Please, nobody is in this situation except me and OP, so your opinion is just that. I'm pissed because nobody knows what those wheels went thru, but everybody has become a professional saying the wheels were messed up with this or that, or the wheels were defective or what. nobody knows, thats why we send the wheels back to the factory for testing, they apply the finish and they know. They also try to make sure this doesn't happen again in the future. I know what a defect looks like, and the pics of the latest wheel look like there was brake dust on the side of the spoke where it is hard to clean, and it has a pattern of normal wear and tear if the wheels are not cleaned thoroughly. A defect would be bubbling up or a spot larger than a dime coming off the wheel. not tiny rock chips that happen to the whole car as well. Go to a dealer and show them your hood and say, is this under warranty? Sorry.
Thats your decision and I repsect your decision any way you cut it, but to base everything you know about a company off 1 in 8000 transactions is not really fair. If I might suggest, please do a search anywhere else on this forum and find me one other dissatisfied customer. We don't have over 2k pictures on our site for nothing, a majority of my customers are repeat buyers based off of pleasing purchasing experiences or else we wouldn't be able to survive selling to only 2 brands out of all the car makers out there.
Originally Posted by knight rider

+1
Sadly, all it takes it ONE bad review to change someones opinion of whether they'll buy from you or not.

We see it EVERY day. We have all experienced it, and its just the way the world works whether is fair or not. doesnt matter if you bend over backwards for people or not. Just takes one bad mark to lose some potential business.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Rooting for Acura

to prove a point, his goal was not a resolution, but it was to inflict damage on my company. Which is precisely the reason I am not going to even consider helping him.
C'mon Ron, you know you want to...

This thread can flip flop like so many politicians (or Sarlacc's opinion )

Do it

OP: you seem like a patient guy... give it one more shot.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:39 PM
The Third Ball

This thread can flip flop like so many politicians (or Sarlacc's opinion )

I admit I was quick to side. At this point I'm right in the middle.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:42 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot can be told about a company or brand witnessing how they handle problems when they arise, it's what separates the good companies from the greats. Should you base a purchasing decision from a single complaint? Absolutely not, however, seeing how Ron is handling this is shocking and is cause for concern for prospective customers.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Turbo 6 Speed

You clearly don't like me or my company, I said I won't be offering a solution since the wheels are not defective, since he went about it the wrong way in trying to deface me and my company and since the wheels are no longer under warranty. And he had 8 pages to state it, this isn't the first time he is posting.

Even before when the private emails were exchanged, there was nothing requested. He started this thread and didn't say that he had a goal of getting replacements or anything, thats my point, its a dirty way to get revenge for a case that has no merit.

If he wanted a resolution he should state what he thinks is fair or what he expected. hasn't been done. I stated my position on this a dozen times already.
No I have nothing against you, Im just trying to understand why you expext him to ask\make a resolution with you when you your self the company owner already told him to screw off. Maybee the OP pissed you off by making this thread, but he tried to talk to you private about the matter and he felt like you were blowing him off. He figured he might as well rant about it on the forum. Nothing wronge with that. You seem to take things a little personal.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Rooting for Acura

I admit I was quick to side. At this point I'm right in the middle.
Tell you what, flip flopping after reconsideration of all the facts is much better than "sticking to your guns" just to save face imo. I hate when people do that.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Tell you what, flip flopping after reconsideration of all the facts is much better than "sticking to your guns" just to save face imo. I hate when people do that.
Yeah, but it took him like 8 pages, so it's too late.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Belzebutt
What does being in Canada have to do with this? Here you can buy his rim from Woodbine Acura and they probably give you some kind of local warranty.
Woodbine Acura closed down. Toronto Honda now carries RJ's Rims/kits. just thought i'd clear that up

Quick Reply: All Ron Jon Wheel owners (past&present) Check In