All Ron Jon Wheel owners (past&present) Check In

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 07:50 PM
S/Ced J36S 6spd Soon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All Ron Jon Wheel owners (past&present) Check In

Ok this has the potential to possibly get ugly but at this point I see no other solution.

All Ron Jon wheel owners, past and present, list which wheel you own/owned, finish, and satisfaction.

If I tell the whole story behind this situation Ill probably kill V6Ps bandwith space because it is so long and crazy. As many of you know I own a set of Ron Jon Legend Type IIs. This currently is my second set because of the chrome literally flaking and peeling off of the first set within the first couple months. I never posted any of my problems out of respect for Ron and his business. Since he has shown his other side Ive decided to let it all out to warn other potential buyers of a really messed up situation that ive been going through since day one.

Ok so it goes like this, in March of 2007 i was wheel shopping. I decided to go with Ron Jon Wheels for a number of reasons. So I call Ron and tell him im looking to get a set of wheels for my 99 Accord V6. He tells me they have a brand new wheel design called the Legend and Legend Type II. He sends me the computer draft of the wheels and I instantly fell in love with them, so I decide to put down a deposit on a set of CHROME Legend Type IIs. Not to mention the "perfect" fitment and exclusiveness to Honda and Acura and hubcentric fitment that was described over the phone. After numerous delays I get the wheels in Feb. of 2008, basically a year after my order date. The original price on the Brilliant Chrome was $555.00 per wheel. I recieved a discount, $55.00 off per wheel.

Problem 1: So I go to put the wheels on that are supposed to have "perfect fitment" and the back side of the wheel hits the caliper, to the point where I cant even torque down the lugs. Come to find out Ron Jon thought the Accord and CLS caliper/brake setup were the same, they're not. I ended up buying spacers to make them fit. After hearing the news Ron decides to send me his stock CLS calipers and rotors becuase he already has a rotora BBK, I paid for shipping though.

Problem 2: Within the first month the chrome literally starting flaking and peeling off. After notifying Ron of what was going on and sending pics he says hell warranty them. It takes another year for a solution to the peeling chrome and to get the wheels warranteed.

Problem 3: I get the new wheels in April of 09 with a different finish which I was very skeptical about to begin with because I originally ordered chrome. My car was sitting from june to the end of august. I get my car back on the road and after washing the car I notice the wheels have alot of chipping especially on the spokes and the edges of the wheels.

I have a bunch of emails going back and forth with Ron and to sum up this whole situation i paid 2000.00 for a set of wheels that have a finish that i originally didnt order and are chipping like crazy. Now hes telling me the warranty is up and im stuck with these wheels......

When I get to it ill post up pictures and emails.

Ive seen in the past a couple other people having problems with the finish on their Ron Jons just wanted to see if anyone else has. Sorry for the LONG rant.

The original chrome wheel hiting the stock accord caliper

Peeling chrome

Now for the current chipping Reflective Silver finish.....

Old 09-30-2009, 08:02 PM
wut.

Wow, looks bunk to me. :shakehead
Old 09-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Those look great, any pictures from further away? I hate when people post teasers like this
Old 09-30-2009, 08:05 PM
S/Ced J36S 6spd Soon

^ i hope you're joking......
Old 09-30-2009, 08:14 PM

Received 9,506 Likes on 6,175 Posts
Ouch man...I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

I also have a set of Legend II wheels, but for my 04 TL. I had them powdercoated "hyper silver" and they look sick! Almost like a gunmetal color. I purchased them last October.

I have had no problems whatsoever with my wheels. The whole process of the purchase was simple for me and shipping was faster than expected. I absolutely love the wheels, but due to recently becoming jobless and other situations, I have put them up for sale and save up some money.

Here's a picture for reference:

I know I know, my car is a 4x4
Old 09-30-2009, 08:15 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
Old 09-30-2009, 08:18 PM
S/Ced J36S 6spd Soon

Emails:

Me: didnt know if you recieved my last two emails with the attached pictures of the chipping finish on the legend type IIs.

Ron: Yeah, I got them, I sent them to the factory and now we are going to see what we can do. I don't know what to tell you really, since this is the second set we've replaced, the first was chrome and peeling, the second was the sputtering, which we cannot replace, it's going to do the same thing that you are saying you don't like about them.

Me: Dude, I know you're not telling me that i paid $2000 for defective rims. You have stuck behind your products up until now. I have done nothing wrong on my end to cause this situation. Its a ****ty coating and you need to find better people to refinish your wheels, period. The wheels have less that 1000 miles on them and it looks like ive had them for years. I really hope you're not telling me that theres nothing else you can do, because that is MAJOR BS. The original agreement was, $500 per wheel for a CHROME Legend Type II. Then the chrome flakes off and you send me another set of wheels that arent chrome, which I didnt complain about, until now because its a defective coating. Not to mention the headaches with the brake caliper differences which again was poor planning/research on your end. You have taken care of me in the past and I have been MORE than patient with this whole situation. Call me if you would like to discuss this over the phone. 757-344-5357.

Ron: You are complaining about normal wear, if I send you another set, the same thing will happen, there is no defect when they are not peeling. I have not had any complaints about them until now.
And I have solved the problems in the past, but the wheels were built for late model vehicles, and I can't go back to find every car in the Honda and Acura line up to do a test fit, especially the 99 accord which is very rare that we even get a sale for it in 20" at all. The only solution for you would be to get the wheels refinished to something that would not show signs of wear as much as polished, chrome or reflective silver coating.

Me: The bottom line here is I paid you $2000.00 for a set of chrome wheels because I know the durability of chrome vs paint or coatings. I understand that coatings will chip over time, what you're not understanding is that these wheels have EXCESSIVE chipping for the length of time they have been on the car. This whole situation from day one has been one big hassle with no wrong doing on my end. All i did was pay you and expect the product that was originally described. Now I have something totally different and you're telling me that i have to live with it?

Let me lay it all out for you incase you have forgotten.....

I originally paid you 2000.00 for these wheels when you originally had them priced at 555.00 a piece for "Brilliant Chrome". (I did appreciate the discount, at the time) At the time all i had to go off of was a computer designed layout. After a bunch of delays I get the wheels and shortly after, the chrome starts peeling off, not to mention the wheels hitting the caliper after you guaranteed proper and "perfect" fitment. So you warrenty the wheels with a different finish than what i had originally ordered, which i was VERY skeptical about but went against my better judgement and took the wheels with the different finish. Which now is priced at 490.00 a wheel.

So to sum up this whole situation i basically paid you 40.00 more than retail for the chipping finish I currently have and didnt originally order.....

Ron: Listen, You were cool, I tried my best to solve your issues that occured with the wheels. I had over 100 wheels come back from that chromer, and guess what, I had to each the cost on ALL of them, I also had to send out replacements to you and all the others who had problems with the F**king chromer (excuse my language). I did my best to meet your request, and the reflective silver was the closest thing. So now I'm out 100 defective chrome wheels, and 100 replacement wheels. I have no more options, I want o help you, but your problem is something that is normal wear and tear on the wheel, it's just more noticeable since the surface is a mirror.

Me:You keep saying its normal wear, when I have maybe 1500 miles on a set of wheels and it looks like ive had them for years. Im not trying to go back and forth here. Im having problems with the wheels and you're telling me theres nothing you can do? This finish is garbage and its not what i originally ordered. I feel like I was robbed for spending 2000.00 on these wheels with this finish.

Ron: Your original purchase was from March 7, 2007, it has now been over 2.7 years since your original purchase and yes, the first warranty (one year warranty) applied to the original set, which we covered. but the second set falls out of the warranty. This is not going to be a never ending cycle. Warranty lasts only as long as the ORIGINAL purchase. The Actual Original warranty on the wheels is only for a year anyway. Feel free to send your wheels out to the chromer to get plated or refinished.

If this was something that happened within a Year, i would say to follow the regular warranty procedure of sending the wheels in for inspection by us and the factory, but does not even fall under the warranty period.

Me:Are you being serious? The warranty is up because you took so long to come up with a solution for the problem and to have them produced. You kept me waiting for a YEAR after my purchase date. dont believe me? The thread I started on shows it Ron. And when the wheels were purchased you said the "triple plated chrome" had a 3 year warranty. If something isnt done im going to take serious action against you Ron. Im sorry to sound like an ******* here but this whole situation is just wrong and has been since day one.....

Ron: You think your threat is going to work, I've been nice up to now. I don't know whay you keep emailing me, I can't do anything for you. Warranty is one year, not three. One year is up and you are on your own

Anyone else think im in the wrong here?
Old 09-30-2009, 08:19 PM
TellinItLikeItIsSince1/06

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
wow thats bullshit! there are no friends in business, ever! for me, I can never trust RonJon or P2R based on the mere fact that they seem to have all of the answers and are basically on here to gain trust and lead us to buy their products. Its beyond advertising, rather its almost a brainwash! RonJon has the perfect reputation on this board because his involvement, and yeah maybe 95% of customers are satisfied, but I'm pretty sure his perfect reputation is indeed overrated, so it is great to hear about the company having some fault, which most people [like even the OP admitted] hesitate to share.

So OP, you waited like a year to get the rims, and then he says your warranty is up?? lol did the year you waited for the rims count as part of the warranty?? and you mentioned RonJon is giving you attitude? lmao, who does he think he is?

thanks for sharing OP
Old 09-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Rooting for Acura

Received 1,765 Likes on 804 Posts
Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like you are a pretty patient dude. Those rims look like crap.

There is always 3 sides to a story though; your story, his story and the truth

So I'll hold off on judgement. Perhaps Ron will chime in to this thread to tell his side of the story.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:24 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,967 Likes on 2,645 Posts
I think you are wrong for posting private emails at this point.

This is a private matter between you two, and if you are feeling so ripped off then you should be handling this in a legal matter.

If you want to post your experience feel free...but private conversations isnt cool.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:26 PM

OP, you are so right, RonJon admitted to your wheels having shitty ass chrome from the one chromer. He's crying to you that he had to eat the cost on 100 rims or w/e lmao, this is why i would never do business with him or P2R....RonJon got so cocky in those emails, thinking he's the shit cuz everyone here buys his OVERPRICED shit. lmao. i hope everyone sees his true side.

HEy RonJonCon, give OP the wheels he paid for!

Last edited by '01White3.2CL; 09-30-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:26 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by '01White3.2CL
wow thats bullshit! there are no friends in business, ever! for me, I can never trust RonJon or P2R based on the mere fact that they seem to have all of the answers and are basically on here to gain trust and lead us to buy their products. Its beyond advertising, rather its almost a brainwash! RonJon has the perfect reputation on this board because his involvement, and yeah maybe 95% of customers are satisfied, but I'm pretty sure his perfect reputation is indeed overrated, so it is great to hear about the company having some fault, which most people [like even the OP admitted] hesitate to share.

So OP, you waited like a year to get the rims, and then he says your warranty is up?? lol did the year you waited for the rims count as part of the warranty?? and you mentioned RonJon is giving you attitude? lmao, who does he think he is?

thanks for sharing OP
What stupid retarded shit are you babbling about?
Old 09-30-2009, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sarlacc

This is a private matter between you two, and if you are feeling so ripped off then you should be handling this in a legal matter.

If you want to post your experience feel free...but private conversations isnt cool.
lmao! he kept it to himself for the last 2.5 years...its time for the truth. the pictures tell the story...
Old 09-30-2009, 08:28 PM
S/Ced J36S 6spd Soon

thanks for sharing OP

Just thought other people should know about my experience...... Welcome.

Originally Posted by knight rider
Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like you are a pretty patient dude. Those rims look like crap.

There is always 3 sides to a story though; your story, his story and the truth

So I'll hold off on judgement. Perhaps Ron will chime in to this thread to tell his side of the story.
I have been more than patient with this whole situation up until now. Enough is enough.....
Old 09-30-2009, 08:30 PM
S/Ced J36S 6spd Soon

Say what you want, right or wrong it tells the story from both sides.......
Old 09-30-2009, 08:30 PM
The Third Ball

OP, you are so right, RonJon admitted to your wheels having shitty ass chrome from the one chromer. He's crying to you that he had to eat the cost on 100 rims or w/e, what a douche RonJon is!! lmao, this is why i would never do business with him or P2R....RonJon got so cocky in those emails, thinking he's the shit cuz everyone here buys his OVERPRICED shit. lmao. i hope everyone sees his true side.

HEy RonJonCon, give OP the wheels he paid for!
Whatever personal turrets like issues you seem to be having, should be discussed with a licensed therapist.

Take this pitchfork and torch routine somewhere else.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:32 PM
Rooting for Acura

Received 1,765 Likes on 804 Posts
Originally Posted by dallison
can you pass that over here
Old 09-30-2009, 08:33 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by 99v6sedan
Say what you want, right or wrong it tells the story from both sides.......
I dont believe it does.

For all we know you transcribed those emails to sound the way you feel. complete with spelling and grammar errors.

And no I do not want to see original emails. Because again, whatever issues you are having, its wrong to air the personal end of it on this site.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:33 PM

Whatever personal turrets like issues you seem to be having, should be discussed with a licensed therapist.

Take this pitchfork and torch routine somewhere else.
hey sarshit, i thought you said its between OP and RonJon, stop quoting me...it is what it is.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:35 PM
The Third Ball

hey sarshit, i thought you said its between OP and RonJon, stop quoting me...it is what it is.
Than stop posting like the immature little pissant you are.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:38 PM

Than stop posting like the immature little pissant you are.
ok deal then! :surrender

im waiting for RonJon's response as much as anyone else....im done until we hear what he has to say.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Pro

like some of the designs of Ron Jon but i took my ass to Work wheels instead for that amount of money (Schwert SC1)
Old 09-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Old 09-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea i agree with you on this one. the private conversation should not be exposed like this. Although i dont agree with some of the things said by both parties, it shouldnt be exposed without the other party not being notified....

The OP's situation did suck though, and he has in fact been real patient
Old 09-30-2009, 08:59 PM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ok deal then! :surrender

im waiting for RonJon's response as much as anyone else....im done until we hear what he has to say.
whats the issue with P2R as you stated in previous posts?
Old 09-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
Interesting. I've heard Ron was a great guy to do business with. I personally would never order wheels that expensive, but to each his own.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:39 PM
The Third Ball

All I know is that Ron Jon has been a member of this board long before he began his company.

The man deserves to tell his side. Good or Bad, he is owed that much.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 66 Posts
I also believe the OP was wrong for posting the "emails" to this board. If you feel wronged, and you feel you have a legal basis to your claim our country has small claims court specifically for this reason. For $15 in most jurisdiction you can file the paperwork yourself and state your case before the judicial system who will then make a determining factor.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
Old 09-30-2009, 11:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts
I hope both parties can resolve the issue.

As far as 15 dollars to file....I wish.

Here in FL the amount of finling fees are proportionate to the amount being sued for. (a 700 dollar suit will cost about 200 in filing fees)
Old 09-30-2009, 11:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 66 Posts
Small claims in Stark County Ohio cost a $15 filing fee.... :shrugs:
Old 09-30-2009, 11:16 PM
seizure force field!

Received 115 Likes on 95 Posts
Ladies and gentlemen, this is why you don't buy chrome wheels

I always liked RonJon's designs, sorry to hear about your troubles.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:20 PM
e92 335i

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by JJaber06
Those look great, any pictures from further away? I hate when people post teasers like this
lol wow read, before you post
Old 10-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I disagree...he is just telling us about his own experience with a major vendor for this forum...i think alot of ppl would be interested in Ron Jon's reply...
Old 10-01-2009, 12:29 AM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by Shift_Acura
I disagree...he is just telling us about his own experience with a major vendor for this forum...i think alot of ppl would be interested in Ron Jon's reply...
He is free to tell his experience. Im not arguing that. But when you start posting personal correspondence it takes the issue to a whole new level in a public forum.

Its not right. Its not proper. Its not how you conduct yourself as an adult.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:35 AM
Safety Car

Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
lmao. a few of these write-ups are great. hope some of you guys are not taking the BAR anytime soon. this is like something out of Judge Judy. YO BABY, THESE RIMS IS WHACK!

Last edited by ThermonMermon; 10-01-2009 at 06:38 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:51 AM
My Garage not

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
i wonder what happened with the guys that bought the forged devotions a few years back. it seems like many of them were left with sets of 3 wheels after the wheels cracked. i never saw any thread or discussions on it.

i think all of us support ronjon but it does sound like the OP got screwed. i take it with a grain of salt though cus it's only one side of the story.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:19 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 574 Likes on 409 Posts
OP i have seen lots of chrome wheels went bad like yours and i tjink its a main issue of chrome wheels but i must say i have set of servos reflective silver and they are chiping out like crazy i know i bought them used from Rondog but i dont blame him for that. i think this thread is worthless and you were not so lucky as the rest 95% of rj customers
Old 10-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
Hey OP, I'm not casting judgement for either party involved here, but you look kinda goofy bitching about Ron Jon while you advertise for him in your avatar
Old 10-01-2009, 07:54 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
I would think that your only recourse is to pull the wheels off right now, document everything and head to Small Claims court. I see no reason why you have to eat $2,000 on a set of wheels that has such low quality and something you did not order in the 1st place.

Quick Reply: All Ron Jon Wheel owners (past&present) Check In