All Ron Jon Wheel owners (past&present) Check In

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 11:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
If you read the quotes, the free lug nuts were only mentioned with the $1380 price, they were not mentioned with the $1280 price. If I throw in free lug nuts and someone doesn't want them, I usually can refund them the cost of the item they don't want. In this case, he asked for an additional $100 off. He got a set of $1380 with free shipping ($80 value) and an additional $100 discount in the end. And we didn't even get the pictures we said were included for the discount.

Between the miscommunication of the lug nuts not being included, I don't see how he can be mad if we gave him the price he asked. Either way, I'll take this as a lesson to make absolutely clear that when a price is negotiated and re-negotiated, I will repeat what is exactly included with the new price each time. I apologize for the lack of communication.

And when I said it was a glitch, thats because for discounted items, I have to put something there in the invoice to signify the discount and then adjust the price manually, I can't just put "discount" with no description if it isn't an option.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:49 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool, glad to hear he'll be getting his lug nuts and you admitted the mistake.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:08 AM
trees grow in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zeroday
cool, glad to hear he'll be getting his lug nuts and you admitted the mistake.
lol.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:58 AM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarlacc
Wow.

you made a deal to throw in the lugnuts, its on his invoice. Who cares if they cost $15 or $1500....You fucked up on a deal you made and this is how you justify it?

You really didn't get it. A bunch of morons in the their early twenties agree with you...so again you use that to justify your behavior...so you are admitting you lied in that thread about learning from it and gaining anything just to try and make the bad press go away.

You really dont learn, you dont get it, your business tactics are terrible and your are just a total and complete idiot.

I shouldnt surprised by it, but you come back again and again and again and flat out admit how mentally deficient you really are!

amazing!

you lost a lot of my respect in these particular areas...... just unnecessary...... you're bigger than this man. c'mon

the only thing deficient in this thread now is maturity.... i looked at the title of this thread and all it should require is feedback and some constructive criticism as opposed to just opinions, but now its like people just kicking a guy when he's down... when did that become cool? (unless it was a competition). we already determined it was lack of communication that created this mess, but people are still trying to get a jab in here and there and that's just a bitch move if you really think about it

i have to feel for the OP for spending so much money on a set of rims though and i completely understand how he feels. i would feel the same way if i spent dam near 4k on some wheels that i wasnt satisfied with but obviously things between them are on the positive side...like bigman said, RJ wheels are not the only wheels with issues but it look like he does a lot more than other major wheel companies...

Last edited by Silva-type-s; 12-31-2009 at 02:00 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:50 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Another terrible thing i see happening here is that customers are posting what they paid for a set of wheels. People need to stop putting their NEGOTIATED dollar amount in posts, because it's totally unfair to any business that worked a good deal with their customer. Ronjon simply cannot give everyone the best deal, they still have bills to pay as any other business. If every person looking for a set of wheels demanded the posted NEGOTIATED prices, Ronjon wheels will go out of business. I really think admins should step in and let this thread go to pm, or contact directly with the company. Not taking sides,but i know i'd go out of business if people blasted out what they pay for services.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:11 AM
Chloe @ 17mo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigman
Another terrible thing i see happening here is that customers are posting what they paid for a set of wheels. People need to stop putting their NEGOTIATED dollar amount in posts, because it's totally unfair to any business that worked a good deal with their customer. Ronjon simply cannot give everyone the best deal, they still have bills to pay as any other business. If every person looking for a set of wheels demanded the posted NEGOTIATED prices, Ronjon wheels will go out of business. I really think admins should step in and let this thread go to pm, or contact directly with the company. Not taking sides,but i know i'd go out of business if people blasted out what they pay for services.

As just an onlooker, I must say your comments were very enlightening.

I do believe that as a business owner, you would/should try to not piss off your customer, or else, but you will fail sometime because you are human. I must say that Ron has, so far, gone beyond what I have expected any other mfr to have done. I'm not sure I understand the invoice thing though, perhaps it's a tax thing?

And Coconut, it's called a "Private Message" for a reason.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
I wouldn't let him bother you anymore as he is gone from this site like he was a long time ago.

Originally Posted by Silva-type-s
you lost a lot of my respect in these particular areas...... just unnecessary...... you're bigger than this man. c'mon

the only thing deficient in this thread now is maturity.... i looked at the title of this thread and all it should require is feedback and some constructive criticism as opposed to just opinions, but now its like people just kicking a guy when he's down... when did that become cool? (unless it was a competition). we already determined it was lack of communication that created this mess, but people are still trying to get a jab in here and there and that's just a bitch move if you really think about it

i have to feel for the OP for spending so much money on a set of rims though and i completely understand how he feels. i would feel the same way if i spent dam near 4k on some wheels that i wasnt satisfied with but obviously things between them are on the positive side...like bigman said, RJ wheels are not the only wheels with issues but it look like he does a lot more than other major wheel companies...
Old 01-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
He'll be back.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by AsianRage
As just an onlooker, I must say your comments were very enlightening.

I do believe that as a business owner, you would/should try to not piss off your customer, or else, but you will fail sometime because you are human. I must say that Ron has, so far, gone beyond what I have expected any other mfr to have done. I'm not sure I understand the invoice thing though, perhaps it's a tax thing?

Old 01-01-2010, 12:30 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
wow i always assumed this thread was for people showing off their rides with ronjon wheels.....
Old 01-01-2010, 01:08 PM
trees grow in

Originally Posted by AsianRage
Originally Posted by EuRTSX

Well, all this happened almost a year ago, in a different economic climate, with a rim style that I believe is not in production anymore. If you believe that my PMs gonna cost Ron's business, then you are being a bit too naive.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by coconut
Well, all this happened almost a year ago, in a different economic climate, with a rim style that I believe is not in production anymore. If you believe that my PMs gonna cost Ron's business, then you are being a bit too naive.
We're not saying that numbnuts.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:48 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

We're not saying that numbnuts.
I would think that you would learn a lesson from this thread. Calling people names on the Internet, especially in a thread like this, just proves your lack of ability in articulating a reply with common sense.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Team Owner

I would think that you would learn a lesson from this thread. Calling people names on the Internet, especially in a thread like this, just proves your lack of ability in articulating a reply with common sense.
I was actually agreeing with your post and using your post to argue with his. But whatever floats your boat.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:02 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

I was actually agreeing with your post and using your post to argue with his. But whatever floats your boat.
I understand, and thank you for agreeing with me. But, name calling Is what let to memebers being banned, and this thread going downhill fast.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Racer

I just bought some devotions type3 liquid grafite with a machine face finish.... S.E.X.Y..... sorry to hear about your wheels..... hope the same don't happen to me...
Old 02-15-2010, 10:06 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Originally Posted by Mr.President
I just bought some devotions type3 liquid grafite with a machine face finish.... S.E.X.Y..... sorry to hear about your wheels..... hope the same don't happen to me...
RonJon's are made to fit a GTR?
Old 12-12-2010, 04:29 PM
S/Ced J36S 6spd Soon

not trying to stir shit up again but the finish is damn near flaked all the way off these wheels. will have pics up in a few days and will also be refinishing these wheels in black chrome. ron emailed me and said he wanted to work with me on refinishing them but i really didnt want to go through all the trouble of taking pics, packing them up for shipping and having them shipped back to ron. so im just going to either go with a local guy around VA hat does an awesome job refinishing wheels or have my engine builder powder them to match my block and tranny castings. A s/ced J36 will be in within a few weeks as well.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:53 PM
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.

Received 1,192 Likes on 485 Posts
I've dealt with RJ numerous times over the past several years and I've never had an issue...

Loved my Servos and contemplating buying another set.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:20 PM
MechEng

Received 483 Likes on 400 Posts
this thread made for an interesting read...

oh well, back to studying for finals
Old 12-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Instructor

IMO RJ wheels are really ugly. but to each his own.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:36 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
fuckin eryk
Old 12-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Oi, not this thread again.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,414 Posts
Originally Posted by 99v6sedan
not trying to stir shit up again but the finish is damn near flaked all the way off these wheels. will have pics up in a few days and will also be refinishing these wheels in black chrome. ron emailed me and said he wanted to work with me on refinishing them but i really didnt want to go through all the trouble of taking pics, packing them up for shipping and having them shipped back to ron. so im just going to either go with a local guy around VA hat does an awesome job refinishing wheels or have my engine builder powder them to match my block and tranny castings. A s/ced J36 will be in within a few weeks as well.

Have you tried asking ron if he'd work with you on paying for the refinishing? I mean taking a few photos to save the cost of refinishing wheels, 10 minutes saving a few hundred dollars, is worth it in my opinion. I'm sure Ron wants to make good and would be willing to pay a reasonable amount to keep his customers happy.

EDIT: (12:39PM EST)

Upon re-reading this thread, I have to say what I wrote above should not be the case. Ron extended a hand to you on the previous pages that you take photos and he'll warrant new wheels for you. You refused to do that and now are trying to stir things up again. You have said that the finish is defective yet are not providing proof to the person who makes the wheels to determine that. IMO Ron's trying hard to make you happy but you don't want to budge. This whole thread seems like an angry customer who just wants to spoil Ron's name after the numerous attempts he's tried to rectify the situation, hell he even admitted some fault on the previous pages!

Last edited by csmeance; 12-13-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:24 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Received 2,105 Likes on 1,088 Posts
Holly carp, this thread again? I see this going no where good.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Then WTF is the point of this thread?!?!
Old 12-13-2010, 06:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Then why even post? It does look like you are trying to "stir shit" up again.

ron emailed me and said he wanted to work with me on refinishing them but i really didnt want to go through all the trouble of taking pics, packing them up for shipping and having them shipped back to ron.
Then you have NOTHING to complain about.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:09 AM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
Ron hasn't done anything wrong here.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:16 AM
S/Ced J36S 6spd Soon

the point of bumping this thread is to prove that the finish is defective..... like i said ill post pictures of what the wheels look like now and let the pics speak for themselves.and by the way my car has been sitting for about 5 months now with a dead tranny so its definately not wear and tear from road use.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:25 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 574 Likes on 409 Posts
i have dealt with RJ numerous times and never had a single issue... i dont want to comment on OP im tired of reading this... RonDog proposed solution you didnt want it, case closed.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:41 AM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
Smells like shit-stirring at it's finest
Old 12-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
shit be stirred
Old 12-13-2010, 09:53 AM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
the point of bumping this thread is to prove that the finish is defective..... like i said ill post pictures of what the wheels look like now and let the pics speak for themselves.and by the way my car has been sitting for about 5 months now with a dead tranny so its definately not wear and tear from road use.
What is to prove? From your post, it sounds like he is working with you but you just said fuck it, it's not worth my time. Am i wrong? I am assuming that he does not paint/chrome/coat the rims in house and has to source it out and has changed vendors a few times to help correct quality issues.

What else do you want from the guy? You have jumped across the line of decency to jackass.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Sucks about the trans, but that would have been the opportune time to ship the wheels back and have the situation rectified. You couldn't drive the car anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered how long it took him to resolve the issue.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
he probably has to pay for all the shipping and shit so he doesn't wanna bother.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Holy shit. I was reading this the wholeee time thinking it was 2009. This was a YEAR AGO?

OP, you just lost more money by not taking Rondog's offer to half with you for refinishing.

You said its not from road use - its true. Brake dust sitting on wheels can screw up the finish.

If i spent 2000 on new wheels, id be pissed to. But to get a whole new set to remedy it and NOT take Rondog's proposed remedy of going half and half?

WHAT OTHER COMPANY WOULD EVER TRY TO HELP THAT MUCH?

Maybe it's just my opinion, but to the others posting their problems to Rondog publicly, it seems that youre trying to milk him - he's fessing up and trying to help this guy, and if you post your problems too, it'll back him into a corner and force him to try to fix up your little things too. Way to kick a small business owner when he's down.

As for my experience, i spend 1500 on wheels from his after my 1200 dollar used OZs cracked. He called me when i was available during High School - the only 30 minutes i had time to talk - and was right on the dot.

This thread is a testament to his service. Its been almost 4 years op. Dont you think you couldve spent al lot of time doing other productive things, like trying to find a solution?

Rondog has no more business in this thread. If anything, youve made yourself look like an asshole. Rondog put the ball in your court and you left it there for a year. Not his fault.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Coal

Received 137 Likes on 91 Posts
OP stop bumping this thread. now you're just beating a dead horse....
Old 12-14-2010, 05:15 PM
S/Ced J36S 6spd Soon

Originally Posted by myron
he probably has to pay for all the shipping and shit so he doesn't wanna bother.
^exactly.

Im just going to cut my losses and get them refinished myself. Dallison... Jackass? Really? Like I stated previously, Im bumping this thread to show Ron and everyone who has previously posted in here what the wheels look like as of now. Not to stir shit up or cross the line of decency as you said. Im going to be getting the wheels refinished around the new year after my J36 is installed and post pics of the new finish for Ron and everyone else who has posted in this thread to see. Im not trying to shit on Rons business or try to give him a bad name because for the most part he did work with me and try his best to resolve the issues at hand. While Im not satesfied with this whole experience or outcome it has tought me a valuble lesson. Pics will be posted within the next few days.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 626 Likes on 277 Posts
Thread done.

99v6, you started this thread a year ago, we aren't interested in what your wheels look like now.

You have had ample opportunity to work this out with Rondy over the past year, and you refuse, despite his generous offers of remediation. I see no reason for this to continue, as at this point, I do not feel that you have any reason to complain. You made the decision to not return the wheels, end of story.

cheers,
robb

Last edited by astro; 12-15-2010 at 08:36 AM.