All Ron Jon Wheel owners (past&present) Check In

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 02:58 PM
The Third Ball

Received 5,056 Likes on 2,688 Posts
Originally Posted by Belzebutt
Yeah, but it took him like 8 pages, so it's too late.
What

I publicly rescinded my decision about 4-5 pages ago thank you
Old 10-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarlacc
What

I publicly rescinded my decision about 4-5 pages ago thank you

I guess Pure Adrenaline just jumped his gun a bit too quickly.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I purchased the RJ Legend in chrome about a year ago throught Acura dealer after few months they start to spots rusted, now i'm like constanly clean the wheels almost every week sometimes just to clean the wheels alone lol pain in the ass to keep them clean. but i didn't complaint cuz i bought them thought Acura and they are now out of business, my bad luck i quess lol have to live with them. I even ask the detailer he said that they are rusted to fix it have to rechrome. No i'm not very happy with the products here, but.........what can you do? ....ps; i have 2 sets of wheel one for winter and the RJ for summer
srry for my english and gramas i wasn't born here. Just my thought, like i said above i'm not complain or any thing.

Peace.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:22 PM
seizure force field!

Received 115 Likes on 95 Posts
That's it, I'm buying my wheels off fleabay, straight from Taiwan... TDM FTW!
Old 10-02-2009, 04:49 PM
S/Ced J36S 6spd Soon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rondog
ikethegreat, listen, you have never done business with me, I have had thousands of transactions and wheels sold, with 99.99% of them completely satisfied and happy with the products and service. You have no right to judge me or base your judgments off the OP story unless you have had a direct relationship with me because the facts are distorted and obviously you are biased. Some are making this sound like I left him high and dry from the get go which is not true. I am not getting credit for trying my best over 2.8 years to rectify the solution.

The reason he stuck with the wheels in the beginning was because he was receiving the best service possible. If he never wanted my help he should have asked for a refund from the first issue. It's not my obligation to read minds or assume anything, he should have asked for a refund from day one. By accepting my solutions he was displaying his satisfaction in the matter. Then almost 3 years later, he decides he wants to start all over and reject my solutions he previously accepted. Don't drag me along as i bend over backwards to help then say forget it, I don't want them. 1.If he didn't want the replacement wheels, he should have stopped me from shipping them out. I got his approval first and we agreed, or else I wouldn't have shipped them and the original set for free.

Regardless of what happened, I am not going to work with him on a solution because I have done so 3 times already and this is what came out of it. Anybody who gets defaced online would do the same thing. 2.Nobody here would just turn the other cheek and fold because the damage has already be done and the intent of the OP's thread was negative from the get go. I dare anyone to quote what the OP wants. 3. nobody knows exactly if he wants some replacements or if he wants to redip them or what. That right there is proof he is out to get me and I don't work that way. I'd rather develop a negative reputation then sucumb to this bullshit.

I've been on these forums selling wheels and kits and providing the best Customer service humanly possible, almost to a fault. This is maybe the 2nd time in 6 years I have ever had a problem with a customer, and this is after I tried everything to fix it. 4.Then comes the OP with this thread on a few forums. That was the end of my solutions and efforts to please him. I'm done.
1.The reason I accepted the wheels is because I thought that was my only option since you NEVER once mentioned a refund........

2. The reason my intentions were negative was because you told me I was stuck with these wheels.

3. I guess you arent reading this thread, it really would help me and you out alot so I dont have to repeat myself 2 and 3 times. This is what the OP wants. A set of chrome Legend type IIs that will not flake or peel, if that cannot be provided then a refund.

4. Not a few forums, as I stated before, 2. And please stop making all of these false statements, the WHOLE reason I started this thread because you had absolutly NO intentions of helping me out. You told me I was on my own.

Yes, if that was requested, I would have obliged. I have no choice if the wheels didn't fit, but he asked me if anything could be done like adding spacers or shaving the wheel. I told him I could send him some CL-S calipers and I think I sent him rotors too that might or might not fit, if he wanted to try them and they worked, I would give them to him for free. He told me he was planning on doing that anyway, and thanked me. He got them on and everything was fine at that point.

I even told him if the calipers and rotors didn't fit, then i would take the wheels and everything back at that point and refund him. He said no, lets try this route.
I am shocked that you would say this. I really dont understand why you keep making all of these false statements Ron. If that was the case then I would have gladly accepted a refund, seriously. One of my biggests regrets of my life right now is not asking for a refund. And im not the type to regret anything I do.

read this from my comment, this is the refund I offered, and he denied it.
Besides, why am I at fault, he didn't even request the refund, and it's his money. After the calipers and replacement wheels, a refund is not an option anymore.
Another seriously false statement........

This reply is from page 7, I havent even read 8 and 9 yet.... be back with more replies.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Team Owner

I'm gonna be a bit straight forward with ya buddy. You're both in the wrong for a couple of things, but the fact is, it's almost 3 years past now, and I doubt you're gonna get either a refund or a new set of wheels.

He's wrong for not "mentioning" (don't really know why they have to mention it though, there's always gonna be a choice for a refund, so next time grow a pair and ask them because if they don't, they won't, if they will, you're in the clear.) and you're pretty much fubared for the fact that it's pretty much too late for anything at this point for it being 2.8 years.

Also, there really is no point in responding to any replies in this thread anymore. What's been said has already been repeated over and over again, so saying much more isn't really going to change anything.

Last edited by EuRTSX; 10-02-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:20 PM
S/Ced J36S 6spd Soon

By sending me an email saying do what I want regardless of your policy or I'll start a thread to deface you, oh, thats not defacing me? Please, nobody is in this situation except me and OP, so your opinion is just that. I'm pissed because nobody knows what those wheels went thru, but everybody has become a professional saying the wheels were messed up with this or that, or the wheels were defective or what. nobody knows, thats why we send the wheels back to the factory for testing, they apply the finish and they know. They also try to make sure this doesn't happen again in the future. I know what a defect looks like, and the pics of the latest wheel look like there was brake dust on the side of the spoke where it is hard to clean, and it has a pattern of normal wear and tear if the wheels are not cleaned thoroughly. A defect would be bubbling up or a spot larger than a dime coming off the wheel. not tiny rock chips that happen to the whole car as well. Go to a dealer and show them your hood and say, is this under warranty? Sorry.
I was never demanding of anything in any of my emails. We exchanged several emails and only after you told me i was on my own I "threatened" to take action. I never stated whether action was taking this to small claims court or starting a thread. I started this thread because I didnt want to take you to court and hoped that maybe with the help of some other RJ customers you might see that all of this is not my fault but im being punished like it is.

Everyone keeps bringing up 2.8 years. Let me lay it out for you guys again that think the 2.8 years is my fault. 1 year to develop and send out my wheels and another year to come up with a solution for the warranty replacement. 2 years i could do NOTHING but wait to hear something.

So if my math is correct then 2.8 minus 2.0 is .8. How can I be blamed for the 2.8 years when I had ABSOLUTLY no control over the situation.......

If Ron did in fact offer a refund when he said he did then dont you think I wouldve requested a refund after the 1st set started peeling?
Old 10-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Rooting for Acura

Received 1,767 Likes on 806 Posts
99... The only mistake you made is "going along". That works until it doesn't work any more (ie: when issues arise). Don't get me wrong. There is nothing bad about being a nice guy, but I think your patients with people overrided your thoughts of asking basic business transaction questions early in an attempt to maintain the "comfort zone" of a long distance transaction. I'm sure your lesson is learned. I hope so, because for $2,000 you could have taken a Community College course business instead
Old 10-02-2009, 05:35 PM
S/Ced J36S 6spd Soon

Another thing I didnt address is the brake dust issue. A complete fool might believe the things that have been said about brake dust causing this problem but anyone who knows anything about brake dust and wheels knows it will take a HEAVY amount of brake dust sitting on a wheel for a LONG period of time to inflict any kind of damage. This is CHIPPING not etching spots. Plus I have Ceramic pads all the way around so brake dust really isnt an issue for me.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Team Owner

All pads create dust.

Ceramic just makes the dust a lighter color (and a bit less likely to stay on) but regardless, you're still going to have dust.

Not saying that it was the issue, just to let you know.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Look, your a dick for starting this thread, but you know what, I'm gonna swallow my pride, just because as strange as it sounds, I know how you feel. I'm a car nut as well, and before you came at me calling my wheels garbage, we were getting along pretty well. You saw how I was willing to go to personal lengths to get you rolling. But I am also a business owner and I have a policy for a reason. If you would have asked for something reasonable when we were emailing back and forth, then i would have told you whether that is possible or not.

1. Did you at least look into those two chrome platers I posted a page or two back?

2. How many wheels are shown in the pics, I'm not sure if thats the same wheel or all the wheels. Elaborate on which wheels are the ones with the most damage (not the ones with a small scratch or accidental damage). I'll be able to check exactly and make my own determination when I receive the wheels to inspect.

3. Chrome plated wheels plated in the US from my experience are going to last about a year or less. Unless someone has had an amazing experience with a chromer that they would like to suggest. I've worked with chromers, powdercoaters, machinists and suppliers all domestically, and let me tell you, there is a reason why the asians got it so locked down, it's not a coincidence that the US manufacturers suck. As patriotic as I am, I could not find a trustworthy quality company in the US for the life of me. So I would strongly suggest mirror polished with powdercoat clear if you want to refinish here in the US and get the closest results to chrome. This finish will last the longest too. If you don't want to do that, then option 3 is the last physically possible option.

3. I send you replacement wheels and you take care of them this time, better yet, you seal them with powdercoat clear to preserve the finish from brake dust or chemical deterioration. I'm actually going to have a wheel here done to test the effect of the 500 degree baking process to see what effect at all if any it has on this coating. I'll post my results.

4. I know you want the chrome look, but you don't want to run into this problem again. maybe since you have paint resources, get the wheels refinished a simple anthracite metallic and then sell them in order to get some other company chrome wheels. Thats all I can say, good luck finding a 52mm offset with a deep lip to clear your fenders and brakes. If you go this route, then I'll talk to you about the amount I will cover privately.

I'm going to swallow my pride and I'm even going to take the advice of the other members on the board who suggested that I meet in the middle. A full refund or any refund after all this is out of the question. But compensation for the work needed to get you back in rolling condition is what we can discuss in private. Get some rest and lets bury the hatchet. I'm going to learn from this and hopefully I can benefit from one of the most retarded bunch of post whores online today, lol.

Adam, lets resume emailing eachother with the above mentioned points in mind.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
this will never end........
Old 10-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Turbo 6 Speed

Originally Posted by Silva-type-s
this will never end........
Did you bother to read rons last post? he is stepping up and helping the OP.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Got your mom in

^of course.... people are still going to talk shit though even after the issue is resolved
Old 10-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 196 Likes on 99 Posts
Look, your a dick for starting this thread, but you know what, I'm gonna swallow my pride, just because as strange as it sounds, I know how you feel. I'm a car nut as well, and before you came at me calling my wheels garbage, we were getting along pretty well. You saw how I was willing to go to personal lengths to get you rolling. But I am also a business owner and I have a policy for a reason. If you would have asked for something reasonable when we were emailing back and forth, then i would have told you whether that is possible or not.

1. Did you at least look into those two chrome platers I posted a page or two back?

2. How many wheels are shown in the pics, I'm not sure if thats the same wheel or all the wheels. Elaborate on which wheels are the ones with the most damage (not the ones with a small scratch or accidental damage). I'll be able to check exactly and make my own determination when I receive the wheels to inspect.

3. Chrome plated wheels plated in the US from my experience are going to last about a year or less. Unless someone has had an amazing experience with a chromer that they would like to suggest. I've worked with chromers, powdercoaters, machinists and suppliers all domestically, and let me tell you, there is a reason why the asians got it so locked down, it's not a coincidence that the US manufacturers suck. As patriotic as I am, I could not find a trustworthy quality company in the US for the life of me. So I would strongly suggest mirror polished with powdercoat clear if you want to refinish here in the US and get the closest results to chrome. This finish will last the longest too. If you don't want to do that, then option 3 is the last physically possible option.

3. I send you replacement wheels and you take care of them this time, better yet, you seal them with powdercoat clear to preserve the finish from brake dust or chemical deterioration. I'm actually going to have a wheel here done to test the effect of the 500 degree baking process to see what effect at all if any it has on this coating. I'll post my results.

4. I know you want the chrome look, but you don't want to run into this problem again. maybe since you have paint resources, get the wheels refinished a simple anthracite metallic and then sell them in order to get some other company chrome wheels. Thats all I can say, good luck finding a 52mm offset with a deep lip to clear your fenders and brakes. If you go this route, then I'll talk to you about the amount I will cover privately.

I'm going to swallow my pride and I'm even going to take the advice of the other members on the board who suggested that I meet in the middle. A full refund or any refund after all this is out of the question. But compensation for the work needed to get you back in rolling condition is what we can discuss in private. Get some rest and lets bury the hatchet. I'm going to learn from this and hopefully I can benefit from one of the most retarded bunch of post whores online today, lol.

Kudos Ron

You've extended a hand and I hope the OP responds favourably.

Terry
Old 10-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Silva-type-s
^of course.... people are still going to talk shit though even after the issue is resolved

There is no reason to. The matter is now between the two individuals involved, and hopefully they will come to a solution.

Terry
Old 10-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Rooting for Acura

Received 1,767 Likes on 806 Posts

You da man!! That's what I'm talkin' bout.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OP do u think thats a fair compromise?
Old 10-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Former Sponsor

I don't care what everybody thinks (well maybe a little), but in all honesty, the initial animosity has worn off. The ball is in his court now and we'll play it step by step until we agree that the problem is resolved. Right now, the fault is both of ours and its one of those things that can't be 100% right or wrong, there are too many factors we will never be able to clearly determine.

Even tho I am deciding to work with Adam, I do have to say that it was my decision based on other factors, not because I felt that this is the only way to save face, but more because I feel like karma is a bitch. I took a step back after the initial anger subsided and attempted to see it from his shoes.

Last edited by rondog; 10-02-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 753 Likes on 453 Posts
I hope you guys work it out.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Got your mom in

Originally Posted by teranfon
There is no reason to. The matter is now between the two individuals involved, and hopefully they will come to a solution.

Terry

I hope so....... the thread is filled with useless jabs at both parties.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 85iroc
I purchased the RJ Legend in chrome about a year ago throught Acura dealer after few months they start to spots rusted, now i'm like constanly clean the wheels almost every week sometimes just to clean the wheels alone lol pain in the ass to keep them clean. but i didn't complaint cuz i bought them thought Acura and they are now out of business, my bad luck i quess lol have to live with them. I even ask the detailer he said that they are rusted to fix it have to rechrome. No i'm not very happy with the products here, but.........what can you do? ....ps; i have 2 sets of wheel one for winter and the RJ for summer
srry for my english and gramas i wasn't born here. Just my thought, like i said above i'm not complain or any thing.

Peace.
Send me pics via email, and are they the RS finish or the infamous chrome plated version? Looks like you have Inspyres, not Legends from the looks of your avatar, and alimunum doesn't rust, it potentially oxidizes. Read this email I received from another customer, it might help:

Hey Rondy,
Been a while since we last talked, but I wanted to let you know that things are much better with my wheels. I tried what you originally suggested and the soap and water worked well on the parts unaffected by the oxidation. However, the parts in question were still dulled. Later, I took a chance and I used Mother's Chrome Polish and the dulled areas came right back to original luster! Living in Boston is tough on chrome obviously, and over the summer I was living on beachfront property for two months. The salt air may have been a factor. Regardless, thanks for your prompt responses, I can tell you guys are all for customer satisfaction.
-Max

P.S. I have some recent pictures of the car in question, thought you might enjoy...

http://community.webshots.com/album/450645414emuCBk
Old 10-02-2009, 07:36 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Great.

Good job for stepping up for the OP.

Wish you guys the happy ending for both of you.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:39 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
When everything gets solved, OP please make some review thread of it.

Just trying to help RJ out a little. I mean RonJon has been one of our great sponsors of Acurazine for a long time. I'm sure a lot of people think the same way. And I've always heard good things in regards to his business practices.

So yeah, Thanks. Good luck bro.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:36 PM
seizure force field!

Received 115 Likes on 95 Posts
I think the Mods should delete this thread from the archives when the problem is resolved. Ron stepped up BIG and I think if both parties agree, this thread should be deleted...

edit: just read JS + TL's post, I believe we're on the same page
Old 10-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by EuRTSX

I guess Pure Adrenaline just jumped his gun a bit too quickly.
Au contraire.

I didn't jump the gun. It was Sarlacc who did so. I was merely commenting on that. Whether he changed his stance or not is irrelevant.

He was quick to side with rondog. He even stated that even in the process of gathering facts (as if he's being asked to make a judgment on this issue) that he was siding with rondog.

First, why choose side if you admittedly don't have all the facts?

Second, why act like some mediator/investigator/judge/police when it's not your place?
Old 10-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Team Owner

Just drop it?
Old 10-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by EuRTSX
Just drop it?
I was all about it. In fact, I didn't even respond to a nice PM from Sarlacc. But you are accusing me of jumping the gun, which is clearly not the case. If you want it dropped, then don't start it in the first place.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Team Owner

End thread.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:09 AM
Race Director

word - lock this bish up

Ron's a cool guy - he was really helpful when he sold me my Servos way back when .....

I'm sure they can come to an agreement.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:31 AM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Very nice move rondog for swallowing your pride and trying to resolve the issue i hope OP will appreciate rondog move and do not abuse it by asking for full refund!!!

Maybe its time to close this thread to avoid more BS post and let the two party involve negotiate through Private message...

NOTE:After rondog last post i started to trust him and his company...
Old 10-03-2009, 01:35 AM
The Third Ball

Received 5,056 Likes on 2,688 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
I was all about it. In fact, I didn't even respond to a nice PM from Sarlacc. But you are accusing me of jumping the gun, which is clearly not the case. If you want it dropped, then don't start it in the first place.
The was a reason I took it PM in the first place genius

Hell, only reason I'm publicly replying now is because the thread over.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
so close? I'm down as long as the OP and ron have come to a conclusion beyond talking openly.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:59 AM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
Originally Posted by BigLizard
so close? I'm down as long as the OP and ron have come to a conclusion beyond talking openly.
and like others have said, i would delete. No need to have something like this stick around.

Rj and op, i am happy to hear that you guys have decided to work things out from what it sounds.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:23 AM
Got your mom in

^Do it. let ron and the OP, PM or email the rest of the discussion
Old 10-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Former Sponsor

At let Adam (OP) reply here and it doesn't matter if we keep it open or closed, deleted or what. At the least, depending on what OP says, you can edit the title to say "problem solved" or "resolution reached" or something to that effect with some cliffs in the first post so nobody gets confused in the future.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 211 Likes on 130 Posts
way to go Rondy
Old 10-03-2009, 10:08 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At let Adam (OP) reply here and it doesn't matter if we keep it open or closed, deleted or what. At the least, depending on what OP says, you can edit the title to say "problem solved" or "resolution reached" or something to that effect with some cliffs in the first post so nobody gets confused in the future.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Moderator Alumnus

The thread will remain open for the time being. If anyone starts talking shit or being disrespectful to others, especially now since the issue seems to have been resolved, then it's they that will be dealt with.

Good luck on the resolution gentleman. It's good to see that it looks like you're both going to attempt to find an amicable solution.

Terry
Old 10-03-2009, 11:08 AM
TellinItLikeItIsSince1/06

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
"no friends in business" someone always has to come out on top...maybe and hopefully this situation can prove me wrong...

hopefully they can work something out..i guess we'll know by page 15. lol

Quick Reply: All Ron Jon Wheel owners (past&present) Check In