All Ron Jon Wheel owners (past&present) Check In

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 05:42 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Originally Posted by Infamous425
chrome FTL.

though i do have a set of black-chrome wheels but they were powdercoated so no flaking whatsoever.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rondog
I'm not going to even read this whole thing, the OP threatened me with emails that he would do this.

1.) Original invoice was dated from 03/07, I replaced the first set for free, I sent him some CL-S calipers with less than 12k on them FOR FREE, covered shipping even. NEVER had such an early model vehicle to test fit the wheels on, we stop at 2001. 99 accord has some ridiculously big calipers. So everything was taken care of. Lesson learned, excellent service as quoted by OP.

2.) the chrome was defective, and the chromer left us high and dry, but we did what we could to replace them with reflective silver (chrome look). He said he did not liek the finish, but I said thats all we have. he agreed, it's ok then. Keep in mind, this is the same finish Acura uses on their OEM chrome look wheels.

3.) OP became malicious with threats and rude emails from the get go, I refused to be threatened or provoked to make a decision based on this, so there goes good will out the door. One year warranty is technically over, with me and with the factory. Even if it was under warranty still, in order to make a claim there is a procedure to follow like everyone else, I'm not an idiot, some people (not all), will damage wheels to get what they want and make it seem defective. In this case, the wheels look like they have just been beaten on with cleaning products and have normal wear for any wheel that is on the road and exposed to small rock chips or weather. And this was the result. Not to say it was intentional, but thats why we require to have the wheels in our possession so we can send them to the factory so they can be re-tested and the same problem can be avoided in the future.

Final comment. Just look at his latest wheels, there is nothing significantly wrong with them, just a few microscopic rock chips, same as you would find on your car's hood after driving. I'm not going to replace the wheels after that. Those orange spots are from behind the spokes where people rarely clean or can even see when the wheels are mounted. that can be from neglect.

I have shown that I do honor warranty in some cases where it deserves it (first issue he had was taken care of at my expense). But I will not just roll over and do whatever the OP demands, especially if the warranty doesn't cover it or if OP has been very arrogant , demanding, and threatening.

This type of thing happens every 2 years, it's no big deal, out of the thousands of happy and satisfied customers, this is expected.
nice..... some clarity...

so his first issue with the wheels not clearing the caliper is not really an issue if he know it wasnt made to fit his car...........

The second issue was fixed at Ron's expense so thats not an issue either.......

The third is normal wear and tear so that's not an issue either...

whats a comeback Ron.

Ron - 3

OP - 0

The defense rests.......lol
Old 10-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Turbo 6 Speed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Silva-type-s
nice..... some clarity...

so his first issue with the wheels not clearing the caliper is not really an issue if he know it wasnt made to fit his car...........
The OP was told by ron that they would fit before his purchase.
The second issue was fixed at Ron's expense so thats not an issue either.......
ron did what sould have been done
The third is normal wear and tear so that's not an issue either...
normal wear and tear for a wheel that has 1000 to 1500 miles should not look like that
whats a comeback Ron.

Ron - 3

OP - 0

The defense rests.......lol
dont think so.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Pro

WOW!! Sarlacc just because Mr "ronjon" says these emails are edited to a degree you are automatically gonna agree and believe him? People like you make me sick. You are definitely a person that will jump on the bandwagon just because what someone else thinks or says is right or wrong and what you heard you are always going to believe. I believe this is total bs for the fact the OP ORIGINALLY ordered a different finish than what he received. Second it is the OP fault for keeping them (i would have gave that shit back). I dont think Ron (being owner of a business) has really done anything great. He should have done research on the 99 accord wheels, this sending him brakes for these shit wheels to fit shouldn't have been an option at all. His option should take them back and redesign whatever would have worked and if there was NO options then the OP should have went elsewhere. This is why i went with WORK wheels instead of a small business like this, cause where bigger businesses have there mess ups they can also go alot further in trying to satisfy you unlike smaller ran businesses....wow 2k in the drain on "wear and tear" wheels.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Got your mom in

Originally Posted by telele
It's amazing how people will back a company up just because they got an item that worked out for them. They can't seem to understand things don't always go right and it's important how a company backs up their mistakes. You can vouch for a company but you can't always vouch how they are dealing with a situation. People can vouch on a company or product but they can't always vouch for a how a certain situation is handled away from theirs and put your self in that situation and think about that really. I think you should maybe work with him on getting these wheels powdercoated or polished and be done with it. I've owned many many of the best wheels and that can't be just normal wear and tear it's a pretty bad finish which is why it's starting to look like that it will get even worse.
so basically what you're saying is, you'll be pissed too if your wheels were ok and the other guy's wasnt? im not defending anyone its just a general question.........

would you be pissed at mother nature if you made it out of the rain in time and another guy didnt?? like i said, its just a question
Old 10-01-2009, 06:08 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,967 Likes on 2,645 Posts
Originally Posted by pearlite TL
WOW!! Sarlacc just because Mr "ronjon" says these emails are edited to a degree you are automatically gonna agree and believe him? People like you make me sick. You are definitely a person that will jump on the bandwagon just because what someone else thinks or says is right or wrong and what you heard you are always going to believe.
Slow down there retard.

I said prior to ronjon even posting anything about the emails that the format in which they were posted were unjust because they appeared as if they could have been edited.

I had already come to that conclusion, you dont read.

Not to mention I have already said they are both wrong in many aspects.

So, you know what makes me sick? Idiots. And you sound like an idiot to me.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Got your mom in

Originally Posted by CL-S6
.dont think so
probably not. lol
Old 10-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Got your mom in

Originally Posted by Sarlacc
Slow down there retard.

I said prior to ronjon even posting anything about the emails that the format in which they were posted were unjust because they appeared as if they could have been edited.

I had already come to that conclusion, you dont read.

Not to mention I have already said they are both wrong in many aspects.

So, you know what makes me sick? Idiots. And you sound like an idiot to me.
dam Sarlacc you killin em
Old 10-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Pro

Retard? Haha 30 years old and as immature POS you are. Get of Ron nuts and read between the lines here. You know damn well if you were in the OP place you would be pissed and some DA saying they believe the OP changed emails and BS like that you would get upset yourself.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:18 PM
The Third Ball

Retard? Haha 30 years old and as immature POS you are. Get of Ron nuts and read between the lines here. You know damn well if you were in the OP place you would be pissed and some DA saying they believe the OP changed emails and BS like that you would get upset yourself.
Yes retard. Keep digging the hole youre in deeper.

I already posted what I would have done if I was the OP. And none of this would be happening right now. Simple.

As for the emails. I still say:

1) it was wrong to post them
2) the way they were posted wasn't cut and paste. It was rewritten as an interpretation in my best guess because "RJ's emails" has the same spelling and grammar errors the rest of the OP's writing.

So, sure I'll take the "HAHA immature 30 year old POS" tag...Its better than being a completely clueless child
Old 10-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Pro

dam Sarlacc you killin em
check out cls-6 just like he said you got
Old 10-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Turbo 6 Speed

Honestly who cares about the emails. That is not the issue here anyways. Lets wait and see what the OP has to further say. Play nice people!!! lol
Old 10-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Pro

look i could sit here and argue with you all night but just like me and MANY others here don't agree with what Ron did but we also do disagree with the OP in many ways of agreeing to some terms he should have never done.... but immature it is
Old 10-01-2009, 06:23 PM
The Third Ball

look i could sit here and argue with you all night but just like me and MANY others here don't agree with with Ron did but we all do disagree with the OP in many ways of agreeing to some terms he should have never done.... but immature it is
Does anyone have their magic decoder ring handy?
Old 10-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Got your mom in

^well there are discrepancies on both sides.......

which is why im staying neutral for now...... like many have said there are three sides to the story.....
Old 10-01-2009, 06:24 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by CL-S6
Honestly who cares about the emails. That is not the issue here anyways. Lets wait and see what the OP has to further say. Play nice people!!! lol
Since the OP posted them, they play a role. And if they were edited in anyway, than the OP is using that to gain clout because he screwed up somewhere and is trying to "win"
Old 10-01-2009, 06:25 PM
The Third Ball

which is why im staying neutral for now...... like many have said there are three sides to the story.....
I agree.

I might as well just back track right now and say I'm neutral. Since I've already said both sides have committed errors.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Turbo 6 Speed

Same here, just waiting for the rest of the OP`s argument.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:27 PM
The Third Ball

what are you saying you are going to hack and see where i live etc?? this is a forum we are all entitled to our opinions and so forth so if you are moving in that direction.....go for it

God you're an idiot.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:30 PM
SOLOCG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so basically what you're saying is, you'll be pissed too if your wheels were ok and the other guy's wasnt? im not defending anyone its just a general question.........

would you be pissed at mother nature if you made it out of the rain in time and another guy didnt?? like i said, its just a question

You don't see my point do you? I'm just saying if you get a set of wheels from a company and I get a set from the same company and yours has issues do you want me to say my wheels are fine and nothing could be wrong with yours and dick ride them. I'll back the company up to a point and say my wheels are fine but I won't say nothing could be wrong with your wheels. You for sure are not understanding this from the OP's POV.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Pro

God you're an idiot.
well ya know there is the aziner crew that like to bash and find out there myspace etc but anyways back to topic sorry OP hope you get your situation resolved...hope i dont have any probs when the Works come in
Old 10-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
Old 10-01-2009, 06:34 PM
The Third Ball

You don't see my point do you? I'm just saying if you get a set of wheels from a company and I get a set from the same company and yours has issues do you want me to say my wheels are fine and nothing could be wrong with yours and dick ride them. I'll back the company up to a point and say my wheels are fine but I won't say nothing could be wrong with your wheels. You for sure are not understanding this from the OP's POV.
I get what you are saying, and to some extent agree.

What I didnt like or agree with is you obviously being friends with the OP, came into this thread right off the bat doing nothing but bashing RJ's company and products.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 196 Likes on 99 Posts
pearlite and Sarlacc:

Both of you have made some valid points, but let's stop with the insults. Up to this point I think the thread has been remarkably well behaved, a reflection upon everyone who has commented. Let's have the OP and rondog express their interpretations and everyone is of course encouraged to comment, but not at the expense of hurtling insults at others.

Terry
Old 10-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Bunch of f'ing children in here! Let the OP and Rondog duke it out.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:51 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
alright, who brought their date to the pow-wow

Old 10-01-2009, 06:52 PM
registered pw

oh, nominated for thread of the year..
Old 10-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Got your mom in

i do understand.....im just saying that things like this happen in other situations....... i ask because it looks like you were taking it way too serious for something that didnt happen to you... Like i said a few posts earlier im neutral because there are discrepancies in both sides of the story.....

1) a grown ass man shouldnt expose a private conversation that was "edited to a degree", without the other side consent especially if it was edited in his favor..... i dont know how true that is but that's a bitch move...IMO...

2) Once the wheels didnt fit. Im sure Ron told him that its becasue it wasnt test fitted for his car..... I would have just returned or sold them. I give Ron credit for offering the calipers to obtain a solution. and i give the OP credit for accepting.

3)he had a warranty and returned the rims and a different set were offered and he accepted...... (someone please correct me if im wrong)......why accept something that you didnt orignally want whether it was recommended or not?...

4) the same shit happened again to the new wheels according to the OP.... the pictures dont provide enough for me to give an honest opinion.......

my point its..

The OP shouldnt have modified any private conversation to get support or try to justify his point......

Ron's warranty (which is BS in my opinion) was written and the OP accepted the rims and the replacement which also means he accepted the warranty....... he should given more attention to the details of the agreement......

Im still neutral because only two people know what happened and the stories dont add up.....

So far Ron has provided his point, which is the warranty. although i dont agree with the warranty, its written.

i would be pissed too but if i accepted the crappy warranty its my fault.........

Like they always say.... look before you leap..
Old 10-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
1. fuck chrome wheels.. they suck anyway.

2. What i wanna know is.. if everyone else who have the same wheels never had any problems and the OP is the only one, then it is obvious ....
Old 10-01-2009, 07:35 PM
seizure force field!

Received 115 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by imj0257
Yes, a lot has been said.
Pass the popcorn,
Old 10-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
How exactly was rondog "threatened" by OP?

I mean the OP did bring this case out into the open but I'm not seeing these "attacks" on rondog...its more like complaining over a ridiculous warranty which should have been extended...doesnt matter what your policy is, when u sell someone peeling chrome wheels u better go out of ur way to satisfy them or it affects ur reputation...which is whats happening rite now...

Also that does not look like "normal wear and tear" on the second set of wheels
Old 10-01-2009, 07:37 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by Shift_Acura
How exactly was rondog "threatened" by OP?

I mean the OP did bring this case out into the open but I'm not seeing these "attacks" on rondog...its more like complaining over a ridiculous warranty which should have been extended...doesnt matter what your policy is, when u sell someone peeling chrome wheels u better go out of ur way to satisfy them or it affects ur reputation...which is whats happening rite now...

Also that does not look like "normal wear and tear" on the second set of wheels
The OP kept threatening to start this thread.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Turbo 6 Speed

The OP kept threatening to start this thread.
I see nothing wronge with that.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:41 PM
seizure force field!

Received 115 Likes on 95 Posts
This is what I think... EVERYONE SHOULD EAT BEFORE THEY TALK!
Old 10-01-2009, 07:50 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by v6cord2k5
This is what I think... EVERYONE SHOULD EAT BEFORE THEY TALK!
is that monkey still around?
Old 10-01-2009, 08:03 PM
registered pw

maybe he's drinking a few too?
Old 10-01-2009, 08:13 PM
S/Ced J36S 6spd Soon

Since this technically is supposed to be between me and Ron ill address his comments first.

Originally Posted by rondog
I'm not going to even read this whole thing, the OP threatened me with emails that he would do this.

1.) Original invoice was dated from 03/07, I replaced the first set for free, I sent him some CL-S calipers with less than 12k on them FOR FREE, covered shipping even.1. NEVER had such an early model vehicle to test fit the wheels on, 2.we stop at 2001. 99 accord has some ridiculously big calipers. So everything was taken care of. Lesson learned, excellent service as quoted by OP.

2.) the chrome was defective, and the chromer left us high and dry, but we did what we could to replace them with reflective silver (chrome look). 3.He said he did not liek the finish, but I said thats all we have. he agreed, it's ok then. Keep in mind, this is the same finish Acura uses on their OEM chrome look wheels.
3.) 4.OP became malicious with threats and rude emails from the get go, I refused to be threatened or provoked to make a decision based on this, so there goes good will out the door. One year warranty is technically over, with me and with the factory. Even if it was under warranty still, in order to make a claim there is a procedure to follow like everyone else, I'm not an idiot, some people (not all), will damage wheels to get what they want and make it seem defective. 5.In this case, the wheels look like they have just been beaten on with cleaning products and have normal wear for any wheel that is on the road and exposed to small rock chips or weather. And this was the result. Not to say it was intentional, but thats why we require to have the wheels in our possession so we can send them to the factory so they can be re-tested and the same problem can be avoided in the future.

Final comment. 6.Just look at his latest wheels, there is nothing significantly wrong with them, just a few microscopic rock chips, same as you would find on your car's hood after driving. I'm not going to replace the wheels after that. Those orange spots are from behind the spokes where people rarely clean or can even see when the wheels are mounted. that can be from neglect.
I have shown that I do honor warranty in some cases where it deserves it (first issue he had was taken care of at my expense). 7.But I will not just roll over and do whatever the OP demands, especially if the warranty doesn't cover it or if OP has been very arrogant , demanding, and threatening. 8.This type of thing happens every 2 years, it's no big deal, out of the thousands of happy and satisfied customers, this is expected.

Before I even cover his statements let me just say that getting my money back was an option that was never disclosed to me during this whole process. If i knew I couldve gotten my money back after the first set of wheels were flaking I would have been glad to send them back for a refund. I thought my only option was to accept this liquid silver finish that I have now. Ron knows I was skeptical about taking this wheel because he had to do a good amount of convincing and even sent pictures of the finish to my email. Still skeptical, I say ok (thinking this is my only option) also not knowing that there was absolutly no warranty on this set of wheels, something else that was never disclosed to me. If that was then I NEVER would have accepted. The problem with our transaction is that there was no paperwork or signatures or anything exchanged except for a credit card # over the phone and a few conversations. I guess it is my fault for not knowing all the stipulations and guildlines behind this whole wheel purchase process. Another thing I find very surprising Ron is that you said the Emails between me and you were "edited to a degree." That is a flat out lie. I highlighted our emails and copied and pasted them EXACTLY how they were exchanged with no editing whatsoever. As far as the wheels wear and tear, I literally drive less than a mile everyday back and forth to work and dont even get over 35 mph. The ONLY interstate driving these wheels have seen were to NVA AV6s house in NoVA to pick up my DC2. After that ride in june my car sat untouched until the beginning of september. Thats why I say my wheels have between 1000 and 1500 MAX.

1. Ok, first line is somewhat true. You did send me the calipers but you did not cover shipping. The ONLY shipping you covered during this was shipping me the first set of chrome wheels and shipping the second set. If I remember correctly you said because you werent charging me for the brakes you wanted me to pay for shipping. I also had to pay for shipping the first set of wheels back & mounting and balancing tires on 2 sets of wheels.

2. 01 & 99 Accords have the same brake setup.

3. I was unsure about accepting the wheels and I even called you after installing them and said that I wasnt a big fan of the finish and it looked like the lips had dry spots, almost like the finish wasnt applied thick enough.

4. I wasnt rude or demanding until you told me that there was nothing that you could do. I was calm and collective during the first few emails, when I notified you, sent pictures, and asked about the response to the pictures. I have been a really nice and understanding customer this whole time. I was upset when the wheels originally didnt fit but did I show it? No. I was also upset when the chrome starting peeling and flaking off. Did I show it? Again, no. I was also upset when you told me that you were going to warranty my wheels with a finish other than chrome. Did I show it? 1 more time, no. What do you expect me to do in this situation? I can only keep my cool for so long. This is 2000.00 were talking about here, its not a bag of potato chips im unsatesfied with.

5.What you fail to realize is that I was a detailer at a Mercedes Benz dealership when I was 18, got into body and paint work at 21 and currently am an ASE certified body technician. I think i know how to take care of wheels. NOTHING and I repeat NOTHING has touched this wheel except for a mild soap solution with a microfiber cloth and and then a spray wax again with a microfiber cloth. This is not the result of "being beaten on by cleaning products" and most certainly is not normal wear.

6. You say microscopic chips? My Kodak Easyshare camera took those pictures, not a microsope. They are very noticeable and very excessive for the length of time these wheels have been installed. And the orange spots on the backside of the wheel is whats underneath the liquid silver finish, its flaking off. I have air ride so every time I clean my wheels I also clean the backsides , so I see it everytime getting worse and worse.

7. Whats funny about that statement is that I have NEVER demanded anything of you and never copped an attitude until you left me hanging high and dry.

8. It might not be a big deal to you but 2000.00 is a very big deal to me. It might not be that much to you but I have a family and 2000.00 is a very big deal to me.

Now with all of this being said I have a few other things to address. As far as the avatar is concerned, Ron made the avatar for me and I was happy to rock it on this forum and also on . There are also pictures of my car on his website that I sent to him for his own use to benefit him and his company. From the get go I told Ron that I wouldnt mind being the official Ron Jon 6th gen. Thats how much interest I took in his products and styling. Ron, Im also surprised that you said you werent going to read this whole thing, I took the time out to read EVERY single post you posted.......

Sarlaac really not trying to be an asshole here but can you please stop whoring this thread, now I see why you have such a high post count.

Like I said from the beginning I really did not want to go this route but other than taking Ron to small claims court I really wasnt sure what to do but let other people know of this situation so it doesnt happen again.

Ron, look, if I came across as being arrogant, demanding, or threatening, I apologize. But seriously do you blame me after everything ive been through and being told im stuck with a set of wheels that I originally didnt order and are chipping excessivly?

More replies comming shortly, im sick of typing right now.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Got your mom in

check out cls-6 just like he said you got
i'm missing your point....... all he said was "probably not"......... worry about Sarlacc not me
Old 10-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Race Director

I owned a pair back in 05. They were awesome. Never had any problems
Old 10-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by Derk's K24
^Ok to make things clear for me, how long has he had this second set? Cuz that determines wear and tear. If he's had them for like 5 months then I wouldn't be able to chalk that up to wear and tear. And if that's also the case then a 3ft rule wouldn't apply at all for the price.
Why not? We have NO idea how or where he has driven, what he has used to clean his rims, if any thing that shouldnt have been sprayed, splashed on that isnt good for the finish. ( i know it wasnt curbed but you could curb a wheel leaving the installer or hit a pothole to damage them, either way it doesnt take long to inflict some sort of damage)

Either way parts of this situation should never have been handled the way it has been. And if RJ is correct and was in fact dealt with the way it was i wouldnt cover or goodwill any thing either. I dont know many places that would deal with a person in a good manner if treated badly.

Last edited by fsttyms1; 10-01-2009 at 08:24 PM.

Quick Reply: All Ron Jon Wheel owners (past&present) Check In