Monthly Car Sales news

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Evil Mazda Driver

Received 174 Likes on 89 Posts
So nice to see the old SSFTSX around again...
Old 01-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by PortlandRL
10% of total sales. I know the Accent, Elantra, Sonata, Tucson and Santa Fe are all sold to fleets but they said the Sonata's 225,961 sales figure was retail only.

EDIT: I called Hyundai and asked them and they said the 225,961 is everything so it does include fleet sales. I was mistaken. But still, if one model out of five and the fleet sales are split five ways, that's only 2% or 4,519 units' difference. Either way, the Sonata broke 200K.
That's correct. Fleet sales are always included in the total sales volume. I don't think any manufacturer separates the sales numbers. If we go by Hyundai's number of 10% of total sales in 2011, that puts Sonata retail sales at around 203,000 units. I wonder if Hyundai would give you the breakdown for each model.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by ttribe
What is it, exactly, you are seeing in these numbers (or elsewhere) that is leading you to these conclusions?
They have put all the styling, technology, warranties that can possibly be done against aging competition. and still cannot move forward into premium pricing. after that it is downhill slope. Barrier to entry at lower price point is far less than into premium price categories.
creating Eqqus has zero impact on Hyundai. but this Nissan is the king. No Premium SUV in World can match its ride, handling and technology. Nissan is selling them in thousands per month.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:23 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,159 Likes on 2,583 Posts
It's good to see the Big 3 back on top
Old 01-05-2012, 02:24 PM

Received 5,922 Likes on 2,919 Posts
Originally Posted by SSFTSX
They have put all the styling, technology, warranties that can possibly be done against aging competition. and still cannot move forward into premium pricing.
Genesis isn't "premium"? You also seem to be assuming (without any apparent basis), that there's nothing left for them to do, like (I don't know) design the next generation car(s). Oh, and again, the #'s posted above seem to contradict your argument.

after that it is downhill slope. Barrier to entry at lower price point is far less than into premium price categories.
I don't deny that's the case, but I'm unconvinced that you have a firm grasp of the implications.

creating Eqqus has zero impact on Hyundai.
Why?

but this Nissan is the king. No Premium SUV in World can match its ride, handling and technology. Nissan is selling them in thousands per month
Was that some random diversion from the matter at hand, or did you have a pertinent point?
Old 01-05-2012, 02:40 PM
AZ Community Team

So nice to see the old SSFTSX around again...
So true
Old 01-05-2012, 03:11 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
I am most impressed with Nissan. They dont have new
Sentra/Altima/PathFinder yet and still produce impressive figures.
QX is the most impressive full size SUV.
What Nissan has done in sales w/ older models is impressive, but one has to take into consideration the amount of $$ they put on the hood to move metal.

Hyundai/Kia - $1,108

Honda/Acura - $2,185

Nissan/Infiniti - $2,978

And ration of incentives to avg. transaction price.

H/K - 5.2%

H/A - 8.4%

N/I - 10.5%

Hyundia/Kia has practicallly stalled despite much newer offerings.
Gensis sales are nowwhere near Nissan Maxima. We will not see premium brand from Koreans any time soon
Hyundai's growth has slowed down b/c there is no additional production capacity at their US plant
, so any future growth will have to come from new models from Korea (like the Veloster and to soon to arrive new Azera).

Kia has been able to grow more recently as US production of the Optima has ramped up (which is why we have seen an increase in sales as availability has gone up).

Don't know why you are comparing the Genesis sedan to the Maxima; the Maxima competitor will be the Cadenza which will arrive later this year.

Depends on what segment your looking at. Most of Kia/Hyundai are new models. and as the price increases. they simply cant compete.
Nissan Sold 5000 Maxima alone with single engine.
That is more than all the top line sedans of Korean makers. New Altima will stream roll all koreans.
Again, what does the Maxima have to do w/ the Genesis?

Sales of the M should be compared to the Genesis and the Genesis comes out on top.

The new Azera should do around 3k monthly in sales and the Cadenza around 1,500 a month.

The Accord only beat the Sonata by 9,664 units and before you go calling the Sonata's figures as over-inflated by fleet sales, every single one of the 225,961 cars they sold were retail.
Here are the fleet sales figures (and fleet mix %s) from 2010.

Accord - 11,525 (4.1%)
Sonata - 21,738 (11.1%)
Altima - 43,707 (19.1%)
Camry - 56,799 (17.3%)

Since Hyundai's overall fleet sales for 2011 was 10%, I can't see the Sonata doing more than that.

Last edited by YEH; 01-05-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:17 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
...creating Eqqus has zero impact on Hyundai.
Hmm - Acura sells the RL which no one sees as really competing in the flagship segment and Infiniti had abandoned the segment.

The Equus did 56% of Audi A8 sales and that's w/o AWD which usually adds another 40-50% in sales.

Equus sales thus far are about where sales of the 1st and 2nd gen A8s have been, so it's a decent start, albeit fairly modest in the scheme of things (btw, the Equus' share in the flagship segment is 5% - which is the same as Hyundai's overall marketshare).

Last edited by YEH; 01-05-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:08 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
I can kinda see where Sonata sales have dropped, but could it be due to Hyundai's production constraints/limits like YEH said?

2011 sales - Sonata vs Altima

Dec - 17,340 vs 25,976

Nov - 15,668 vs 20,613

Oct - 18,192 vs 21,838

Sep - 18,181 vs 24,356

Aug - 20,682 vs 23,016

Jul - 20,884 vs 21,340

Jun - 18,664 vs 19,534

May - 22,754 vs 25,525

Apr - 21,738 vs 17,232
Old 01-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Safety Car

Genesis isn't "premium"? You also seem to be assuming (without any apparent basis), that there's nothing left for them to do, like (I don't know) design the next generation car(s). Oh, and again, the #'s posted above seem to contradict your argument.
Genesis is premium car but its sales are half of Maxima. but problem is much deeper. Genesis uses V6/V8 that it does not share with Mainstream vehicles like Sonata .
Nissan uses the same V6 across the line up from Maxima/Altima to SUVs around the world. The same V8 is going into Infiniti/Nissan vehicles.
Nissan is on much solid foundation so it can afford bigger incentives but with higher prices as products supply chain is more standardized.
new JX/Pathfinder will practically kill any hope for Hyundia-Kia to catch up in high mid priced premium SUVs. and with wider sales of V6/V8 the same cost savings will come down to Sedans. Infinit can afford both V6 hybrid and V6 diesel in EU but not any other Asian brand at same time yet.
iF some one cannot predict thos simple things cannot become an auto analyst.

Last edited by SSFTSX; 01-05-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Honda Fanboy

Infinit can afford both V6 hybrid and V6 diesel in EU but not any other Asian brand at same time yet.
If they can afford it then why are they using a Toyota hybrid system for the M and why are they using a Renault diesel instead of their own?
Old 01-05-2012, 04:44 PM

Genesis is premium car but its sales are half of Maxima.
Wait, you're comparing a model that's been out for a handful of years (Genesis) to one that's been around for a LONG time (Maxima)? I'm guess I'm just not as pessimistic as you for two reasons - 1) I'm not sure Hyndai has made any effort to PRODUCE as many cars as Nissan makes of the Maxima; and 2) I don't think we can reliably measure the impact of long time brand loyalty which is impacting the Maxima number.

but problem is much deeper. Genesis uses V6/V8 that it does not share with Mainstream vehicles like Sonata .
Yet.

Nissan uses the same V6 across the line up from Maxima/Altima to SUVs around the world. The same V8 is going into Infiniti/Nissan vehicles.
Nissan is on much solid foundation so it can afford bigger incentives but with higher prices as products supply chain is more standardized.
new JX/Pathfinder will practically kill any hope for Hyundia-Kia to catch up in high mid priced premium SUVs. and with wider sales of V6/V8 the same cost savings will come down to Sedans. Infinit can afford both V6 hybrid and V6 diesel in EU but not any other Asian brand at same time yet.
Okay, so you're excited about the Nissan product. I guess we'll just see.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by VTEC Racer
If they can afford it then why are they using a Toyota hybrid system for the M and why are they using a Renault diesel instead of their own?
Next Altima will have its own Hybrid system just like Infiniti.
and Diesel is co developed with Renault. You have to consider Nissan is now contributing more to Renault profits than other way around.
They were least affected by earth quake and thai floods.

http://pa-magazine.com/tag/nissan-profits/

Nissan’s management was very fast in responding to the disasters and that should be credited,” said Takeshi Miyao, an analyst at consulting firm Carnorama in Tokyo. “It wasn’t just luck.”

Nissan, targeting 8 percent of China’s luxury car market, is stepping up efforts to expand in the world’s largest car market. It said earlier today it plans to open a new global headquarters for the Infiniti luxury brand in Hong Kong in April.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Honda Fanboy

Next Altima will have its own Hybrid system just like Infiniti.
and Diesel is co developed with Renault. You have to consider Nissan is now contributing more to Renault profits than other way around.
They were least affected by earth quake and thai floods.

http://pa-magazine.com/tag/nissan-profits/

Nissan’s management was very fast in responding to the disasters and that should be credited,” said Takeshi Miyao, an analyst at consulting firm Carnorama in Tokyo. “It wasn’t just luck.”

Nissan, targeting 8 percent of China’s luxury car market, is stepping up efforts to expand in the world’s largest car market. It said earlier today it plans to open a new global headquarters for the Infiniti luxury brand in Hong Kong in April.
Nothing you just said changes the fact that your point is moot. Nobody is talking about the future. I'm talking about the NOW, which you said Infiniti has a V6 hybrid and V6 diesel, and I showed you that they have neither.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:28 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
I don't know why you guys are still trying to talk to SSFTSX.

Just don't do it.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Safety Car

Nothing you just said changes the fact that your point is moot. Nobody is talking about the future. I'm talking about the NOW, which you said Infiniti has a V6 hybrid and V6 diesel, and I showed you that they have neither.
and I mentioned Than it is Nissan that is contributing to Renault profits which enable it to develop V6 diesel and V6 hybrid. Renault was famous for small cars like Fiat. with Nissan it entered to much larger vehicles.
Infiniti has both in EU. and it is current.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Honda Fanboy

and I mentioned Than it is Nissan that is contributing to Renault profits which enable it to develop V6 diesel and V6 hybrid. Renault was famous for small cars like Fiat. with Nissan it entered to much larger vehicles.
Infiniti has both in EU. and it is current.
Infiniti does not have its own hybrid and diesel V6 engine.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Race Director

Received 630 Likes on 506 Posts
We are all trying to be auto analysts?
Old 01-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Honda Fanboy

Originally Posted by biker
We are all trying to be auto analysts?
That particular "auto analyst" also predicted that Acura would be going OUT OF BUSINESS in 2009.

One of many failed predictions...
Old 01-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Safety Car

Infiniti does not have its own hybrid and diesel V6 engine.
Now prove it that Infiniti dont have its own hybrid. Current Infiniti hybrid tech surpasses all in production hybrids.
Let Acura make RL so fast and fuel efficient as M350H and price competitive. as i said it is practically over for Acura as they are only Honda+. No special platforms or full size SUVs.
ILX is the last straw that will make the brand further devalued.

http://www.hybridcars.com/vehicle/in...35-hybrid.html
The all-new proprietary hybrid system, which the automaker calls the "Infiniti Direct Response Hybrid," is a full parallel design. The powertrain embodies a 3.5-liter Atkinson-cycle V6 engine that works with a single electric motor and two clutches, similar to that of Volkswagen’s. A 1.3-kWh lithium-ion battery pack is positioned under the trunk’s floorboard.
http://reviews.cnet.com/sedan/2012-i...ml#reviewPage1

Interestingly, the M35h is not alone as an executive-class hybrid. Last year, BMW released its ActiveHybrid 7, and Mercedes-Benz previously launched the S400 hybrid. But of these cars, Infiniti really has the best hybrid system. It not only features idle stop, but it also is able to propel the car under electric power alone, and it gets the best mileage of its competition. It doesn't hurt that the M35h is the cheapest of the lot, either.

Read more: http://reviews.cnet.com/sedan/2012-i...#ixzz1ieAZ0grY

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...i-m35h-hybrid/
The high torque of the electric motor from very low RPMs make the M35h far faster than the numbers on paper would imply, we easily recorded 5.2 second runs to 60MPH with our lowest taking only 5.03 seconds. The low 1.9 second sprint to 30MPH (the M56 takes 2.3) is perhaps the most telling number because by the time the spedo crested 100 the M35h had lost its lead on the V8 powered M56 clocking a 13.5 second ¼ mile at 103MPH (vs 13.4 at 106 for the V8).

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/03...-european.html
The Infiniti official also expects growth from Russia, where sale volumes should equal those from Western Europe, at 7,000 to 8,000 units (up from 6,000 in fiscal year 2010).

Mr. Wright added that Infiniti will continue to expand the dealer network across Europe, as the company plans to have 60 dealerships in Western Europe by the end of fiscal year 2011, 20 more than in 2010. As for the Russian and Ukrainian market, Infiniti is counting on jumping from its current 14 stores to 19 or 20.
http://www.nissannews.com/newsreleas...r-2011&mid=214
NISSAN ANNOUNCES EUROPEAN SALES FOR NOVEMBER 2011
- Calendar Year-to-date sales more than 132,000 units up on 2010 -
Last year Nissan plants in the UK, Spain and Russia produced more than 528,000 vehicles including mini-MPVs, award-winning crossovers, SUVs and commercial vehicles. Nissan now offers 24 diverse and innovative products for sale in Europe today, and is positioned to become the number one Japanese brand in Europe.

Last edited by SSFTSX; 01-05-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Safety Car

Wait, you're comparing a model that's been out for a handful of years (Genesis) to one that's been around for a LONG time (Maxima)? I'm guess I'm just not as pessimistic as you for two reasons - 1) I'm not sure Hyndai has made any effort to PRODUCE as many cars as Nissan makes of the Maxima; and 2) I don't think we can reliably measure the impact of long time brand loyalty which is impacting the Maxima number.
Gensis has been out for 5 years. and it is far better value for money than Maxima. Just like LS400 was in 1990. Genesis has long wheel base, RWD and technology options that make it cheaper than Maxima.
Koreans have employed all there technology that can possibly put in this price range.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Honda Fanboy

Now prove it that Infiniti dont have its own hybrid. Current Infiniti hybrid tech surpasses all in production hybrids.
Let Acura make RL so fast and fuel efficient as M350H and price competitive. as i said it is practically over for Acura as they are only Honda+. No special platforms or full size SUVs.
ILX is the last straw that will make the brand further devalued.
Infiniti Hybrid from Toyota. Diesel engine stolen from Renault. Infiniti not have money to afford both engine.

US cutting military spending. Infiniti won't get loan from US government

Over the next 10 years, the growth in the defense budget will slow, but the fact of the matter is this: It will still grow, because we have global responsibilities that demand our leadership.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Safety Car

Infiniti Hybrid from Toyota. Diesel engine stolen from Renault. Infiniti not have money to afford both engine.

US cutting military spending. Infiniti won't get loan from US government
That is old Altima Hybrid that is discontinued not Infiniti Hybrid.
Show me how many Renault vehicles uses that new 3.0D diesel engine?. That was developed from the ground up for Infiniti foremost.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...review-6602143
Nissan's flagship mid-size sedan gets an overhaul next year, when the all-new 2013 Nissan Altima debuts. The following year, the 2014 Altima will feature an all-new Nissan-designed powertrain that includes the Altima's first hybrid engine. The full specs of the system have not yet been released, but at a technology briefing in Tokyo, we were able to discover some details of the upcoming hybrid.
The Engine

A supercharger will feed the new 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine used in the hybrid Altima. Nissan says this results in a solid boost of torque at a low rpm. Why not a turbo? Engineers mentioned that a turbo would require direct fuel injection, and that would bump up the cost. The supercharger allows Nissan to use the less expensive port fuel injection.

Nissan already features a 1.2-liter turbocharged 3-cylinder engine in its Micra. That smaller displacement engine will also receive the hybrid treatment and find itself in a future small car in the U.S., according to sources in Tokyo.

The 2.5-liter hybrid drivetrain is partnered with a new CVT transmission that we had a chance to sample in a current Altima. The new CVT is said to provide about a 10 percent improvement in fuel economy, thanks to a 40 percent reduction in friction that comes largely from lower-viscosity fluid, a more efficient pump, and chain drive.

The new transmission has a wider gear spread as well, for quicker off-the-line bursts and lower cruising rpm. At 50 mph, an Altima’s engine with the current CVT revs at about 1500 rpm. The new transmission will drop that number by about 400 rpm at the same speed. This new transmission is lighter than the old one, too.

The Drive

On Nissan’s test track, the lowered rpms are certainly noticeable. At freeway speeds, the current Altima with the new CVT was quieter and more relaxed. But floor the throttle and it seemed more sprightly and much less like a traditional CVT. The transmission’s simulated gear changes were much more like those of a conventional automatic—more direct and less like the elastic feel that tends to define CVT transmissions. In our brief test drive, the new CVT was an impressive move forward.

The Electronics

The new system uses a one-electric-motor, two-clutch design that’s fed by a lithium-ion battery. It’s similar in concept to the one used in the Infiniti M Hybrid. But here, the layout has been modified to work in a front-wheel-drive layout.

The battery pack will be only about half as large as the 1.3-kwh pack in the Infiniti. However, a Nissan engineer says, combined with the new supercharged four-cylinder, it would deliver about the same power output as the current 3.5-liter V-6: around 270 hp. And we’d be surprised if the new Altima hybrid didn’t return at least 40 mpg combined when it arrives in two years.

Read more: 2014 Nissan Altima Hybrid Tech Preview - Popular Mechanics
Old 01-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Honda Fanboy

That is old Altima Hybrid that is discontinued not Infiniti Hybrid.
Show me how many Renault vehicles uses that new 3.0D diesel engine?. That was developed from the ground up for Infiniti foremost.
Infiniti have no money for diesel engine, use technology from Renault. Infiniti hybrid taken from Toyota design.

Japanese tsunami destroy chance of Infiniti be luxury car.
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/mar...-toll-20110312
Old 01-05-2012, 11:45 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Infiniti hybrid taken from Toyota design.
Actually, SSFTSX is correct about the Infiniti hybrid system... it's their own, not Toyota's.

http://www.hybridcars.com/vehicle/in...35-hybrid.html

The Infiniti M35h represents the automaker’s first in-house hybrid, and provides one more example of the curious relationship between luxury and hybrid vehicles.....

The all-new proprietary hybrid system, which the automaker calls the "Infiniti Direct Response Hybrid," is a full parallel design. The powertrain embodies a 3.5-liter Atkinson-cycle V6 engine that works with a single electric motor and two clutches, similar to that of Volkswagen’s. A 1.3-kWh lithium-ion battery pack is positioned under the trunk’s floorboard.

One point to SSFTSX.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:18 AM
Race Director

Received 630 Likes on 506 Posts
Ah, the battle of the auto analysts.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:00 AM

Gensis has been out for 5 years. and it is far better value for money than Maxima. Just like LS400 was in 1990. Genesis has long wheel base, RWD and technology options that make it cheaper than Maxima.
Koreans have employed all there technology that can possibly put in this price range.

Right, because technology and engineering never march forward.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Safety Car

Right, because technology and engineering never march forward.
I have seen very poor implementation of new technology. For example Hyundai Sonata Hybrid turned out far slower than new Camry Hybrid with about 10mpg difference in same test. There is simply no contest with Camry V6 which is even faster than V6 Genesis.
Hyundai Eqqus is even slower than BMW 740I (6 cylinder version).
Look at Nissan first in house hybrid M35H. It surpasses just about every high performance Lexus hybrid infact it is the best among the Premium
hybrids.

http://www.insideline.com/infiniti/m...ison-test.html
2012 Infiniti M35h vs. 2011 Mercedes-Benz E350 Bluetec Comparison Test

1st Place: 2012 Infiniti M35h
Big punch without the guilt, plus better refinement than any hybrid made to date.
Your mistaken that every firm can apply same technology with equal effectiveness. In Middleast where Oil is cheaper than water Nissan SUVs have big impact. and it is even without redesign Nissan PathFinder.
With tiny V6 and V8 sales. Koreans will simply have to abondon this segment. They are for low end sales.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:15 AM
Evil Mazda Driver

Received 174 Likes on 89 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way....it's not that I really care but just that I'm confused. When did you choose, moments from fulfillment, to leave Honda alone feeling used and unsatisfied to rush across the street to start giving Nissan a photo finish? New orders from the boss?
Old 01-07-2012, 09:49 AM
AZ Community Team

:scr ewy:

:r ofl:
Old 01-07-2012, 10:45 AM

I have seen very poor implementation of new technology. For example Hyundai Sonata Hybrid turned out far slower than new Camry Hybrid with about 10mpg difference in same test. There is simply no contest with Camry V6 which is even faster than V6 Genesis.
Look at Nissan first in house hybrid M35H. It surpasses just about every high performance Lexus hybrid infact it is the best among the Premium
hybrids.

Your mistaken that every firm can apply same technology with equal effectiveness. In Middleast where Oil is cheaper than water Nissan SUVs have big impact. and it is even without redesign Nissan PathFinder.
With tiny V6 and V8 sales. Koreans will simply have to abondon this segment. They are for low end sales.
That might very well be one of the most nonsensical things I've ever read. Congratulations.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:48 AM
I drive a Subata.

hybrids.

stupids gonna stupid
dumbasses gonna dumbass
Old 01-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Wow....the CR-Z sales
CR-Z's are tough to get. We had to wait 2 months... and the dealer won't get another CR-Z until June.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Safety Car

That might very well be one of the most nonsensical things I've ever read. Congratulations.
You mentioned new technology. as i already shown Koreans are very poor in implementation of new technology. If your looking for bargain basement car that is just good enough with long warranty they are acceptable.
They have use double glazed window in M30d. Car is more premium and in first attempt on V6 diesel already refined as hybrid

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...us_gs450h.html

Infiniti M30d vs Lexus GS450h
Congratulations, Infiniti! The new M30d is the most convincing car the firm has produced, and it registers a first Auto Express road test win for the brand. Executive car buyers will appreciate its comprehensive kit list, and refinement is very impressive, too.

The newcomer is no dynamic match for the BMW 5-Series or Jaguar XF, but it rides and corners better than the Lexus. The bigger and more opulent cabin, practical boot and superior economy ensure it takes victory.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:50 PM
I drive a Subata.

wake the hell up dude
Old 01-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
CR-Z's are tough to get. We had to wait 2 months... and the dealer won't get another CR-Z until June.
The tsunami disrupted production all through the summer, and by the time they were ready to restart the line, it was time for the model year change over. Then the Thai floods happened and took out a critical component that was unique to the 2012 ECUs delaying the start of production.
The following users liked this post:
JS + XES (01-07-2012)
Old 01-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Honda Fanboy

They have use double glazed window in M30d. Car is more premium and in first attempt on V6 diesel already refined as hybrid
Infiniti no have money for hybrid and diesel. Infiniti use Renault diesel engine and copy Toyota hybrid design. Infiniti go bankrupt in six months.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:38 PM
I drive a Subata.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
The tsunami disrupted production all through the summer, and by the time they were ready to restart the line, it was time for the model year change over. Then the Thai floods happened and took out a critical component that was unique to the 2012 ECUs delaying the start of production.
Found a chart showing production:
The following users liked this post:
Legend2TL (01-08-2012)
Old 01-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Safety Car

Infiniti no have money for hybrid and diesel. Infiniti use Renault diesel engine and copy Toyota hybrid design. Infiniti go bankrupt in six months.
Just stay tune 1 year more. Once Infiniti/Nissan shows there cards.
You wont be talking about ILX/NSX/RDX/RL/MDX or any Acura/Honda BS. They are gone for good.
The problem with Honda/Acura is they are worst affected by Yen and Thai floods and in EU/Middleast they are non existent.
and with more Nissan/Infiniti production come to North America. like JX/Ethera.
There is new intelligent 4WD system that push 100% of power to front wheels for maximum fuel economy.

Honda need to be sold to BMW or Toyota. It has shown it cannot stand on its two legs alone. There will simply be not enough sales/profits for future R&D.

Honda is not Nissan. Nissan is now the most profitable part of Renault. Just like Audi is too VW.
Half a million production in single plant which is record for industrial deficient country like UK.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/bus...breaking_year/
The Sunderland plant made a total of 480,485 vehicles, dwarfing the 2010 total of 423,262 vehicles, which itself was the first time any UK car plant had ever made more than 400,000 cars in one year.
November was a record month for the plant with 46,606 vehicles made, the highest monthly total in the plants history.
Another half a million engines in Russia.
http://www.steelguru.com/russian_new...ia/242835.html
Avtovaz Renault-Nissan alliance agree to produce new engine family in Russia
http://www.inautonews.com/renault-ni...tovaz-in-march
Renault SA and Nissan Motor Company are on the verge of signing an agreement to take control of Russia’s largest automaker AvtoVAZ in March.
All we hear from Honda is parts shortage here and there and some future product that will get miserably failed. There is no acquistion or expansion money.

Quick Reply: Monthly Car Sales news