Hyundai: Genesis News

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 10:53 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 842 Likes on 524 Posts
Originally Posted by JS + MS3
BRZ because I like the styling.

I don't want to speculate things that aren't really out yet, but I'm assuming the new Gen Coupe turbo is going to be pretty damn fast. And FR-S and BRZ will be so very fun to drive in the corners. It's like a different version of Miata. And that's a huge plus imo.
Hmm..I find that the front end BRZ reminds me of the facelifted RX-8....and I think that looks great.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:59 AM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 349 Likes on 291 Posts
Originally Posted by OperationDarkie
I mean the weight isn't it a rather heavy car for its size I mean
the weight of mine is similar to a E46 M3
Old 02-23-2012, 11:22 AM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou
Hmm..I find that the front end BRZ reminds me of the facelifted RX-8....and I think that looks great.
I personally think BRZ front end looks fantastic. I found it very clean and sleek.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by JS + MS3
I personally think BRZ front end looks fantastic. I found it very clean and sleek.
yea it may look fantastic, but is it efficient?
Old 02-23-2012, 12:04 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Originally Posted by ttribe
I like the looks of the interior, but...what's with the manual seats?
Upon further review, full power seats are available on upper level trims.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:27 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

whoa, I just realized the Genesis coupe is quite a bit heavier/bigger than the BR-Z/FR-S.....we are talking about roughly 600lb difference here....seems like the Genesis coupe is more of an affordable grand touring coupe while the BR-Z and FR-S are compact sports coupes.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:35 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Originally Posted by myron
yea it may look fantastic, but is it efficient?
Camry V6 will smoke your TL. HA! Efficiency son!

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S

Originally Posted by iforyou
whoa, I just realized the Genesis coupe is quite a bit heavier/bigger than the BR-Z/FR-S.....we are talking about roughly 600lb difference here....seems like the Genesis coupe is more of an affordable grand touring coupe while the BR-Z and FR-S are compact sports coupes.
I thought you were the car magazine God.

Here you go.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Ultra Negro

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Ah so the genesis is the size of a mustang, didn't know that, hmm makes me want a ft 86 or brz even more
Old 02-23-2012, 03:06 PM

Received 5,934 Likes on 2,927 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
LOL!
Old 02-23-2012, 04:41 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Awesome picture JS didn't know the genesis is as big as the mustang...
The following users liked this post:
JS + XES (02-23-2012)
Old 02-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The V6 Camaro weigh >300# more than Genesis auto 8 speed. Both V6 mustang and camaro comfortably equipped cost more.

Last edited by DeMAN; 02-27-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:43 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

I think the Mustang is also a few hundred pounds heavier...but not a huge issue since performance is pretty close each other....and all are within the same price range, base or loaded....if you go to their websites to see.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:40 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,402 Likes on 4,081 Posts
'12 Mustang v6 = 3401
'12 Camaro v6 = 3780
'12 Gen Coupe = 3389 '13 Gen Coupe = 3433
Old 02-28-2012, 03:36 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

That's not bad at all...makes me wonder why the Camaro is that much heavier....
stangg172004 (08-15-2012)
Old 08-15-2012, 11:42 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Getting rid of the V8...almost.

Hyundai’s Genesis Sedan lineup will have a little less growl for the 2013 model year. Hyundai is nixing the Genesis’ 4.6L V8 and the standard model’s 5.0L V8 option for the 2013 model year, leaving the 5.0 R-Spec model as the line’s lone V8 offering.

Described as a “simplified” model offering, Hyundai is eliminating the Genesis 4.6 and Genesis 5.0 models for the 2013 model year. The 4.6 and 5.0 models previous sat between the entry-level Genesis 3.8 and the range-topping 5.0 R-Spec.

Engines for the remaining two Genesis models will carry over from last year. That means a 333 horsepower V6 for the Genesis 3.8 and a 429 horsepower V8 for the 5.0 R-Spec. Both engines are mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.

No other major changes are in store for the 2013 model year, although Genesis 3.8 technology package and 5.0 R-Spec models gain an optional eight-inch Driver Information System. Hyundai says the new system features a “more intuitive user interface” while still using the company’s familiar rotating dial with joystick-type function.

Hyundai’s Blue Link telematics will also join the Genesis’ options list for 2013.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/hyundai-genesis-2013.html
Old 08-15-2012, 12:39 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
^ give that thing a thicker steering wheel, paddle shifters, better seats. I'm in.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:58 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
5.0 V8 Genesis survived due to sharing with Eqqus.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:14 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,402 Likes on 4,081 Posts
^
So? It's not like honda/ack don't share engines and chassis amongst their offerings.

Why don't you just stop all the BS Hyundai hate?

Old 08-16-2012, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
^ give that thing a thicker steering wheel, paddle shifters, better seats. I'm in.
You've pretty much nailed the majority of the drawbacks to the interior.

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
Oh.Shut.Up.
Hapa DC5 (08-18-2012)
Old 08-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 66 Posts
Official 2013 Hyundai Genesis ditches 4.6L V8, gains eight-inch nav and 64GB SSD

2013 Hyundai Genesis ditches 4.6L V8, gains eight-inch nav and 64GB SSD

2013 HYUNDAI GENESIS OFFERS NEW ULTIMATE NAVIGATION SYSTEM WITH EIGHT-INCH SCREEN AND 64GB DRIVE

Blue Link® Telematics with Award-Winning Zagat® Ratings Now Available

COSTA MESA, Calif., Aug. 14, 2012 – Hyundai's award-winning Genesis sedan continues its premium segment leadership for 2013 with simplified model offerings and a new ultimate navigation system with Blue Link® telematics. The 5.0-liter direct-injected Tau V8 engine is now exclusively available in the fully-equipped 5.0 R-Spec model, the 4.6-liter V8 model is no longer available, and the 3.8-liter Lambda powertrain remains available with premium and technology packages, simplifying the Genesis line-up.

For 2013, the Genesis 3.8 technology package and 5.0 R-Spec models offer a new optional eight-inch Driver Information System (DIS) display with navigation and an enhanced multi-media controller. This new display features a more intuitive user interface, integrating the same rotating dial with joystick-type function, enhanced voice-recognition commands and improved navigation screen layouts. New "hot keys" also give individuals more immediate control over the operating system to reduce driving distractions. The system uses a large 64GB solid-state drive, which allows generous music, image and video storage or Bluetooth music-streaming capability.

2013 Genesis Highlights

Genesis model and powertrain line-up simplified:
- 5.0-liter direct-injected Tau V8 engine now exclusive to 5.0 R-Spec model
- Standard 5.0-liter model no longer available
- 4.6-liter V8 no longer available
- 3.8-liter V6 available in three equipment configurations
- New optional eight-inch touchscreen display with navigation and an enhanced multi-media controller and Driver Information System (DIS)
- Hyundai Blue Link® telematics available with Ultimate Navigation package

A simple pop-up message now appears to help pair a phone and the voice-recognition software understands street addresses and cities, all in one sequential sentence. The route screen displays speed limits, details the next three navigation maneuvers, shows real highway signage and has junction views with lane guidance. Lane guidance outlines the lanes the driver needs to stay in when a highway splits. Junction view uses street and actual road signs images to match what the driver will see when arriving at the next maneuver. Integrated into the point of interest tool are Zagat® restaurant ratings, which help drivers to easily locate great places to eat. SiriusXM data services have also been enhanced, with Sports, Stocks and Weather information.

HYUNDAI BLUE LINK®

Blue Link combines safety, service and infotainment features to simplify owners' lives and reduce distracted driving and is now available on the 2013 Genesis, accompanied by a one-year complimentary trial period. Blue Link brings seamless connectivity directly into the car with technology like voice-text messaging, POI web search download, turn-by-turn navigation, smartphone remote features and monthly vehicle reporting. Blue Link can be easily accessed from the buttons on the rearview mirror, over the internet, or via a smartphone. Blue Link is offered in three packages: Assurance, Essentials and Guidance.

Blue Link Assurance package:
- Automatic Collision Notification (ACN) and Assistance
- SOS Emergency Assistance
- Enhanced Roadside Assistance
- Blue Link Essentials package:

Convenience:
- Remote Door Lock/Unlock
- Remote Horn and Lights
- Panic Notification
- Remote Engine Start
- Alarm Notification
- Quick Tips
- Location Sharing
- Voice Text Messaging

Vehicle Diagnostics:
- Automated Diagnostic Trouble Code
- Maintenance Alert
- Recall Advisor
- Web Vehicle Diagnostics
- Service Link

Safeguard:
- Stolen Vehicle Recovery
- Stolen Vehicle Slowdown
- Vehicle Immobilization
- Valet Alert
- Geofence
- Speed Alert
- Curfew Alert

Blue Link Guidance package:
- Turn-by-Turn Navigation Service
- POI Search by advanced voice recognition system
- POI Web Search and Download
- Daily Route Guidance with Traffic Condition
- Traffic Updates
- Gas Station Locations and Gas Prices
- Eco-Coach
- Restaurant Ratings
- Weather
- More details on Hyundai Blue Link are available at www.hyundaibluelink.com.

THE MOST POWERFUL HYUNDAI V8 ENGINE EVER

The heart of the Genesis 5.0 R-Spec model is the 5.0-liter Tau V8 engine producing 429 horsepower at 6,400 rpm and 376 lb. ft. of torque at 5,000 rpm. This Tau V8 represents the most powerful Hyundai engine ever, with a higher specific output (85.8 hp/liter) than its normally-aspirated premium luxury competitors. The Tau V8 engine family has been named to the prestigious Ward's Ten Best Engines list three times.

This engine features a high-pressure direct injection system (over 2200 psi) that dramatically increases power and torque while reducing fuel consumption and emissions. The Tau's high 11.5:1 compression ratio increases thermal efficiency and output. The Tau also has a rigid bed plate for improved block rigidity and lower NVH (Noise, Vibration, and Harshness) as well as camshaft carriers and a roller timing chain to improve valvetrain stability.

Even more, this V8 offers Dual Continuously Variable Valve Timing (D-CVVT), a tuned variable-induction system, and low-friction diamond-like coatings (DLC) on piston skirts, rings and tappets. Even with these impressive power increases, fuel economy is 16 mpg city and 25 mpg highway.

The Tau 5.0-liter V8 is mated to an in-house eight-speed automatic transmission. This Hyundai-developed transmission adds two additional ratios to enhance acceleration, shifting smoothness, and transmission efficiency by six percent over the former six-speed. All eight-speed transmissions will include SHIFTRONIC® manual shift capability.

In keeping with Hyundai engineering philosophy, the R-Spec also includes more aggressive chassis tuning, matching its corresponding powertrain enhancements for optimal dynamic balance. For enhanced body roll control, rear stabilizer bars are hollow in design and diameter is a robust 19 mm. R-Spec will offer a unique sport design 19-inch alloy wheel with premium machined finish. The R-Spec steering calibration has been matched to this unique wheel combination for optimized performance and driving refinement expectations in this segment. To complete the performance package, front brake rotors are an oversized 13.6 inches for enhanced heat dissipation in sporty driving.

R-Spec will offer unique headlights with dark chrome inserts for a more distinctive front appearance. Further R-Spec designators can be found around the car's interior and exterior. An R-Spec bade on the rear lip and black R-Spec embroidered floor mats remind the driver of the performance waiting for them when they get behind the wheel. Genesis R-Spec is only offered in four sport-oriented exterior colors: Black Noir, Titanium Gray, Platinum Metallic, and, new for 2013, White Satin Pearl, each with Black leather interior and an all-black leather steering wheel to further differentiate the 5.0 R-Spec from the 3.8 model.

DIRECT INJECTION LAMBDA 3.8-LITER ENGINE

In keeping with its 5.0-liter V8 sibling, the Genesis 3.8-liter Lambda engine also has direct injection (GDI) technology and produces 333 horsepower and 291 lb. ft. of torque. It also has a high compression ratio of 11.5:1 for greater thermal efficiency. This direct-injected Lambda V6 produces a higher specific output (87.6 hp/liter) than its normally-aspirated premium luxury competitors.

The 3.8-liter engine also has Dual Continuously Variable Valve Timing (D-CVVT), variable induction, an all aluminum block and heads, steel timing chain and iridium-tipped spark plugs. Besides the generous horsepower and torque gains, direct injection technology produces a significant reduction in emissions. Further, a variable vane oil pump fitted to precisely match oil pressure with engine lubrication requirements for increases efficiency at all engine speeds. As a result, 3.8-liter GDI fuel economy is 29 mpg on the highway.

All 3.8-liter engines are coupled to the same in-house eight-speed automatic transmission as the 5.0 R-Spec model. These all new transmissions perfectly compliment the new technology found in the new engines, delivering improved efficiency and performance across the Genesis range.

CHASSIS FOR 3.8 AND 5.0 R-SPEC MODELS

Hyundai engineers have precisely tuned the Genesis suspension to minimize the traditional compromises between handling precision and ride comfort.

EXTERIOR DESIGN

From the front view, Genesis has an aggressive front fascia with large intake openings and LED lighting accents. From the side view, one will notice the standard 17-inch alloy wheel and rocker panel design. In addition, the mirrors incorporate power-folding and puddle lamp functions, while the side window surround has a decidedly sporty brushed aluminum finish. From the rear view, one will notice the dual asymmetrical exhaust tips cleanly integrated into the bumper fascia.

SAFETY TECHNOLOGIES

Maintaining Hyundai's emphasis on delivering leading safety technology, Genesis boasts world-class active and passive safety features to help both prevent accidents and maximize the well being of its occupants in the event of a collision. Genesis continues the Hyundai tradition of standardizing key life-saving safety technology with Electronic Stability Control (ESC), eight airbags and electronic active head restraints. The active front head restraints have been proven by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety to help prevent whiplash.

Daytime running lights come standard on the 2013 Genesis. Further, Genesis offers a Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS), available on the 3.8 Technology package and 5.0 R-Spec models. Whenever the system is activated, a warning chime and dial-integrated warning light alert drivers of their lane departure, allowing them to reposition the car smoothly into the correct position.

Genesis' total of eight airbags includes advanced dual front airbags, front and rear seat-mounted side-impact airbags, and roof-mounted side curtain airbags for both front and rear out board seat occupants.

Genesis has a total of eight ultrasonic sensors located on the front and rear bumpers. The sensors, along with the rear backup camera, help detect how close objects are when parking. Distance is indicated on the in-dash screen and accompanied by an audible warning tone.

Genesis is brought to a halt by large four-wheel anti-lockdisc brakes with Brake Assist andElectronic Brake Distribution (EBD). Genesis 3.8 models have large 13.0-inch front rotors with four-piston fixed calipers, while 5.0 R-Spec models have larger 13.6-inch front rotors.

HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA

Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Costa Mesa, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through more than 800 dealerships nationwide. All Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S.are covered by the Hyundai Assurance program, which includes the 5-year/60,000-mile fully transferable new vehicle warranty, Hyundai's 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty, and five years of complimentary Roadside Assistance.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:48 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Wrong as usual.

The V8 Genesis has the highest V8 take rate (multiples of the industry avg.) and the V8 Genesis far outsells the Equus in the US.

The Lexus GS shared its V8 with the LS and yet Toyota killed the V8 GS due to lack of interest.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 66 Posts
Also of note in 2013 the FMC will be introduced as the 2014 model. Me thinks this will be a short production run.

I also think this is purposeful so that they can nail the AWD system which has been in development.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:34 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by YEH
Wrong as usual.

The V8 Genesis has the highest V8 take rate (multiples of the industry avg.) and the V8 Genesis far outsells the Equus in the US.
why spreading the same lies. Equus sales are 200 to 400 level fluctuation. so multiple of it means 1000 to 2000 V8 Genesis sales. and if you exclude Coupe. thats all the Genesis sales. so why not eliminate V6 Genesis? since 3.8L engine is not shared that much.
The Lexus GS shared its V8 with the LS and yet Toyota killed the V8 GS due to lack of interest.
V8 GS does not make sense as the same price GS450h available.which has better performance with 4 cylinder fuel economy. unless GSF-8 super performance version is created.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...id-test-review
here is the test sheet of GS450h hybrid. its 0-130mph is 23.6 seconds. Exactly matching Genesis 5.0R. with 27mpg fuel economy. 70% better than Genesis. $62k fully loaded. still pulling 0.87g.
Look at its 50-70 mph performance. better than Genesis 5.0R.
you dont have any idea about competition and still commenting on them.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Some dude

Received 347 Likes on 203 Posts
its 0-130mph is 23.6 seconds.
Literally no one in the world aside from you cares about these cars 0-130mph specs. These aren't M/AMG/S-RS cars. No one is getting behind the wheel of their hybrid GS's and thinking to themselves "damn, going to street race an E63 today." Long story short, stop posting this, no one cares.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:03 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

why spreading the same lies. Equus sales are 200 to 400 level fluctuation. so multiple of it means 1000 to 2000 V8 Genesis sales. and if you exclude Coupe. thats all the Genesis sales. so why not eliminate V6 Genesis? since 3.8L engine is not shared that much.
The Genesis sedan will do around 20k this year.

The split in sedans sales is 30/70 in favor of the V6 (the V8 used to do 40%, but that was before the updated v6 and before gas prices went back up).

So that means around 6k in sales for the V8 Genesis.

The Equus will do around 3,500 in sales this year, so the V8 Genesis nearly does double the volume of the Equus (and actually does double the volume when you add Canadian sales).

V8 GS does not make sense as the same price GS450h available.which has better performance with 4 cylinder fuel economy. unless GSF-8 super performance version is created.
People in this segment want a V8, not a hybrid.

That's why hybrid sales of the GS and LS hybrids have been poor.

You have no clue about Hyundai, much less the auto industry, so I advise you to stop commenting about them before you make a bigger fool out of yourself than you already have.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by YEH
The Genesis sedan will do around 20k this year.

The split in sedans sales is 30/70 in favor of the V6 (the V8 used to do 40%, but that was before the updated v6 and before gas prices went back up).

So that means around 6k in sales for the V8 Genesis.

The Equus will do around 3,500 in sales this year, so the V8 Genesis nearly does double the volume of the Equus (and actually does double the volume when you add Canadian sales).
less than double does not mean multiple. it is less than 10k V8 sales. Infiniti alone from QX56 makes 12K sales.
With this trend continue Hyundai will have to abondon V8 segment.

People in this segment want a V8, not a hybrid.

That's why hybrid sales of the GS and LS hybrids have been poor.

You have no clue about Hyundai, much less the auto industry, so I advise you to stop commenting about them before you make a bigger fool out of yourself than you already have.
do u even understand what you wrote. LS600 is V12 competitor not V8. and how do u know people want V8 insteatd of newer V6 hybrids. as new hybrid sales just started.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:37 PM

do u even understand what you wrote. LS600 is V12 competitor not V8. and how do u know people want V8 insteatd of newer V6 hybrids. as new hybrid sales just started.
You may very well be nuts if you believe the LS600 is a V12 competitor.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:23 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

less than double does not mean multiple. it is less than 10k V8 sales. With this trend continue Hyundai will have to abondon V8 segment.
As usual, you're reading comprehension is about as garbage as your ability to use reason and logic.

This is what I stated...

Originally Posted by YEH

The Genesis does have the highest V8 take rate (30% - down from 40%) in the midsize segment which is multiples of the norm for the industry (6-8%).

And the V8 Genesis does far outsell the Equus in the US - nearly double the volume, so your claim that the V8 Genesis is surviving due to the Equus is just plain stupid.

Hyundai is on track to sell around 6,800 V8 Genesis in NA - which isn't that far off from the 9,900 M sales Infiniti should do for the year; and this is for a model that doesn't have AWD and will be replaced next year.

As for the LS hybrid, who cares. Even w/ huge discounts, hardly any LS hybrids are sold.

And when the new GS hybrid arrives, it's not going to take V8 5 Series or E Class buyers (people buying at these pricepoints want a smooth, powerful V8, not a hybrid, otherwise, they'll just opt for the V6).

Last edited by YEH; 08-19-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Safety Car

smart interior packaging, easier parking for the size of vehicle. flush windshield glass/wiper with complete LED option. These are features of premium vehicle.

http://www.honda.com/newsandviews/ar...spx?id=6792-en

http://reviews.cnet.com/sedan/2012-h...5414204-2.html
2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec
For example, the buttons on the dashboard are of the same cheap plastic that you'd expect to find in the Elantra. So is the dull, black plastic that make up the hub of the steering wheel. The "ultra-premium leather" that wraps the dashboard, steering-wheel rim, door panels, and seat surfaces is of the thinnest variety
http://reviews.cnet.com/sedan/2009-n...-33560252.html
In the cabin
Although its platform is pure Nissan, the cabin of the 2009 Maxima reaches Infiniti-luxury levels. Switchgear on the steering wheel and infotainment interface uses metal, for a quality feel. The multifunction knob makes spelling street and city names with the onscreen keyboard fast and easy. The LCD is also a touch screen, and there are many settings and functions you can operate by touch or with the interface hardware.

I would expect interior in Accord Touring model as the best for its price range. More in class of Maxima and far above Genesis/Avalon. so Honda will not have to introduce a separate model to compete with them. and there is market of this kind of vehicle due to extensive Honda dealerships and lower service/operating cost using non premium fuel compared to Acura.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by YEH
As usual, you're reading comprehension is about as garbage as your ability to use reason and logic.

This is what I stated...

The Genesis does have the highest V8 take rate (30% - down from 40%) in the midsize segment which is multiples of the norm for the industry (6-8%).
when your selling 600 V8 a month it does not take a genius to figure out that it will have higher take rate. and V8 is not selling because of V rather standard features at that point.

And the V8 Genesis does far outsell the Equus in the US - nearly double the volume, so your claim that the V8 Genesis is surviving due to the Equus is just plain stupid.
There two V8 untill this point. let see what happens after only 5.0 is left.
Hyundai is on track to sell around 6,800 V8 Genesis in NA - which isn't that far off from the 9,900 M sales Infiniti should do for the year; and this is for a model that doesn't have AWD and will be replaced next year.
replace with what?. another oversized Sonata. Infiniti M is far more expensive vehicle than Genesis.
As for the LS hybrid, who cares. Even w/ huge discounts, hardly any LS hybrids are sold.

And when the new GS hybrid arrives, it's not going to take V8 5 Series or E Class buyers (people buying at these pricepoints want a smooth, powerful V8, not a hybrid, otherwise, they'll just opt for the V6).
Nonsense. Newer hybrids are far more smother than simple V8. only the unreliable turbo charged V8 more flexible.
LS600 is V12 competitor not because it is powerfull but it is smother with large turbine like torque curve.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:34 PM

LS600 is V12 competitor not because it is powerfull but it is smother with large turbine like torque curve.
I'm pretty sure you made up that little line of reasoning yourself.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Safety Car

I'm pretty sure you made up that little line of reasoning yourself.
nope. It is priced as V12 competitor.and delivers V12 refinement.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...exus-ls600h-l/
Lexus is fairly cagey on the combined torque output of the LS’s hybrid system, but I estimate it to be at least 400lb-ft and covering a very broad RPM range, thanks to the electric motors. When the engine is shut off at a stoplight (saving baby seals), a quick romp on the go pedal summons 60MPH in 5.4 seconds (TTAC tested), which matches the 5.4 second time Lexus quotes for the LS 460 L. [b]What this number doesn’t indicate is the shockingly linear fashion with which the LS delivers this thrust: no shifts, no gaps, no acceleration swells, just constant press-you-back-in-your-seat thrust until you decide to lift. Lexus says the top speed of the LS hybrid is 160MPH. I believe it. Performance winner: LS 600h L
Even the gear-driven Torsen unit was specially designed for the LS’s transmission, to meet Lexus’ rigid standards for noise and physical dimensions.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/ca..._600h_l_page_2
But getting back to the question we posed earlier: Does a hybrid car make sense in this league? Well, it certainly has the attraction of a magic-carpet powerband.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:54 PM

nope. It is priced as V12 competitor.and delivers V12 refinement.
Taking aim at something, and actually becoming a competitor of that "something" are two different things. You get that, right? Someone who is interested in a V12 (or a W12), is not simultaneously interested in a V8 Hybrid.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Safety Car

Taking aim at something, and actually becoming a competitor of that "something" are two different things. You get that, right? Someone who is interested in a V12 (or a W12), is not simultaneously interested in a V8 Hybrid.
so you know all the people who are buying V12 and there purpose.
Lexus is not stupid. they are keeping it for 2013 with even full fuel guzzling full time AWD. It is all about Grip and performance with refinement above V8 cars. There is market for such car.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:25 PM

so you know all the people who are buying V12 and there purpose.
Never said such a thing; however, it seems I might have a better intuitive feel for the luxury car market than you seem to be displaying.

Lexus is not stupid. they are keeping it for 2013 with even full fuel guzzling full time AWD. It is all about Grip and performance with refinement above V8 cars. There is market for such car.
I never said there wasn't; I suggested that the one you seem to be imputing isn't the one that will actually materialize.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
Cosworth and Hyundai to show 389hp Genesis Coupe at SEMA

Originally Posted by Press Release published on Autoblog.com
COSWORTH DEVELOPS ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE HYUNDAI GENESIS COUPE CONCEPT FOR 2012 SEMA SHOW

World-class Racing Tuner Cosworth Takes Hyundai's Rear-drive Platform To its full Potential and Beyond

COSTA MESA, Calif., Oct. 1, 2012 – Hyundai chose the world-renowned engineering design and manufacturer, Cosworth, as a development partner to create the ultimate Genesis Coupe known as the Cosworth Genesis Racing Series (CGRS). The eye-grabbing blue Cosworth CGRS concept will be showcased with the Hyundai brand at the upcoming 2012 SEMA show.

This special Cosworth-tuned model takes the new Genesis Coupe 3.8-liter, direct-injected engine to racecar levels, with an impressive 389 horsepower at 6400 rpm, and tire-shredding torque of 325 lb.-ft. at 5100 rpm, all with daily-driving civility. From the exterior, the Cosworth design theme radiates a retina-bending satin-gloss blue finish, aero front splitter, gunmetal-finish lightweight racing wheels, integrated rear spoiler, and blackout rear diffuser. While unmistakably race-oriented, the Cosworth concept retains the original Genesis Coupe design language, focusing most on astounding performance gains and real-world performance potential.

"The rear-drive Genesis Coupe is simply a great platform from which to build our ultimate Cosworth Genesis Racing Series street model," said Nicole Armbrustmacher, director of marketing, Cosworth Americas. "The Cosworth Genesis Racing Series Coupe truly demonstrates the purpose-built performance potential of the affordable Genesis Coupe line. We're proud to partner with Hyundai for this ultimate racing series model."

While the exterior is purposeful and subdued, the Cosworth Genesis Coupe goes far beyond exterior cosmetics, with maximized under-hood performance modifications, a race-like interior environment, tires, brakes and suspension. The comprehensive list of Cosworth performance enhancements include:

Engine

Improved thermal management
Optimization of induction and exhaust systems
Enhanced engine control parameters
Cosworth Intake and High-flow Exhaust
Interior

Cosworth CGRS Steering Wheel
Cosworth CGRS Shift knob
Cosworth CGRS Pedals
Cosworth CGRS Shift Boot
Cosworth Two-Tone Sport Seats
Cosworth Two-Tone Interior Treatment
Exterior

Cosworth CGRS Satin/Gloss Blue
Cosworth CGRS Full front replacement bumper w/ integrated Carbon Fiber Brake Ducts
Cosworth CGRS Carbon fiber front splitter
Cosworth CGRS Carbon fiber side skirt lip
Cosworth CGRS Carbon fiber Diffuser
Cosworth CGRS Integrated Trunk Spoiler
Cosworth CGRS Edition Wheels
Cosworth CGRS logo and hood graphics

Brakes

Cosworth Big-Brake System

Suspension

Cosworth Performance Suspension
Old 10-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd