DICE ipod integration vs. usaspec

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vthree
soo i really wanted a retractable cord... because i've gotten sick and tired of throwing in all that wire into the cubby under the cd bin.. i've moved my ipod twice now. first it was in the glove.. great to lock up.. horrid if you want to grab the thing and change the song.. then i put it in the cubby. but you have to put int all the wires..... i finally found a solution. the arm rest.
theres so much slack in the dice unit. i'm able to store the actual unit underneath the armrest.. and feed up the wire just like the aux port and the other outlet.. its great theres enough slack i could pass the ipod back to whoevers riding in the back.. also i see the armrest as a whole media center now. lol. thats where the aux port is. and my ipod on the middle shelf. heres a few pix i snapped with my phone. sorry about the quality.. =/

Nice one Vince... didn't think of this... will probably do the same with mine
Old 04-22-2008, 08:47 AM
dP-
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by uncald4
Luded
I've installed the DICE adapter in a 2005 and 2007 Canadian TSX. Also into a 2005 Canadian TL. TEXT worked on every one of them. Maybe once they cross the border into Canada they turn stupid. Some type of electric fence setup from DICE.

Oh.... I don't have my phone number on my website. But I do on my sig.
Do you guys guarantee TEXT will work on a 2005 Canadian TSX with NAVI? If it doesn't support TEXT I'd rather same my $$$ and get an USA Spec
Old 04-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by dP-
Do you guys guarantee TEXT will work on a 2005 Canadian TSX with NAVI? If it doesn't support TEXT I'd rather same my $$$ and get an USA Spec
That's a great question for DICE Electronics. I believe that they have a 30 day return policy. So, you could return it for whatever reason you wanted.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:17 PM
dP-
Instructor

Originally Posted by uncald4
That's a great question for DICE Electronics. I believe that they have a 30 day return policy. So, you could return it for whatever reason you wanted.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but am I not buying it from you versus DICE? The fact that this is ambigious makes me more weary...especially with the other folks in the thread who have complained aobut this feature.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by dP-
Correct me if I'm wrong, but am I not buying it from you versus DICE? The fact that this is ambigious makes me more weary...especially with the other folks in the thread who have complained aobut this feature.
I don't sell iPod integration stuff on AZ anymore. I'm only here to answer questions about the different products.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:16 AM
2006 ASM tsx

oh incase you guys havent figured it out yet! i learned recently you can shuffle w/o touching your ipod! which works perfect for me because i like to listen to everything on my 160gig ipod...
if you push scan. it'll shuffle your current play list! so now i make play lists of new songs i dl. (recently added) ((you can adjust how recent)). then i push scan.. push scan again. and it'll sort back in normal order! so this is good for me if i shuffle my whole library (ur ipod name) ipod. then you hear a song you like from an album you like. push scan again and it'll unshuffle and play in order.... makes the new kit even sweeter. and the locked screen more bearable!
Old 08-25-2009, 05:47 PM
Instructor

I also have a Canadian 2005 TSX with Navi. Anyone can ensure that it DICE R4 have text display on their vehicle? I know the Canadian 2008 TSX with Navi, someone has proven that it works...just not sure about the 2005 model. Anyone can share will be great.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Instructor

I just installed DICE R4 kit for my Canadian 2005 TSX with Navi.

Here's what my results are:
- I was only able to get CD-C mode, and no matter how I played with the DIP, XM1, XM2 or even just XM won't show up.
- There are NO text displays. Now remember, the 2005 TSX with Navi in Canada doesn't come with XM, and also the Navi unit is slightly older than the 2006 TSX. I am hoping that I did something WRONG so that if someone can guide me to have text display, that will be great. I currently have all my dips OFF (all up) on both sides...but I did try different variations prior.
- So what works? I can control volume and seek songs from my steering wheel and the head unit. The AUX input also works when disc 5 is selected just like how the manual mentioned.
- Perhaps this maybe a BUG. Whenever I plug the ipod in at first, the ipod is detected as DISC 1, TRACK 68. When I try to change track, it awkwardly changes the volume of that it is playing. I will have to change it to disc 5, let it play for a bit, then change it back to DISC 1 and all works fine again. Awkward, but I guess, it still works.

That's about it. Hope anyone else that has the same car as me will find this helpful.

Last edited by bibby; 09-04-2009 at 01:56 PM.