OEM system making static noise, limited Hz range, tweeter

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 09:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
OEM system making static noise, limited Hz range, tweeter

Hello audio guys whom I usually don't hang out with ONLY because I can't afford all the goodies you guys have,

2007 base, no navi.
I have a problem with my OEM stereo completely stock other than PAC audio's Honda/Acura iPod integration. The track skip/rewind function is not functioning so I'm basically using it as AUX with no volume control but charging. I am just putting it out there because I'm not sure what could be causing the noise.

I usually can't hear small(?) noises because of other noises but this one was pronounced enough for me to tell while cruising on the interstate. I played a quiet song with guitar intro and every time the notes hit somewhere around 400-600hz (guestimating) tweeter makes some sort of static noise like an FM radio slightly off tune. But only when it hits the note.

I have tried with different songs and I still get the same static around same frequency. My main question is, is it able to tell if it's the speaker or amplifier? FWIW I "feel" like it's mechanically-induced noise; speaker but I'm no expert which is why I'm asking y'all.
Anyway, if not ... I'm open to diagnostic suggestions.

Thank you in advance. I'll be reading up on aftermarket amp & component speakers install