DICE i-Honda-R4 install with PICS

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 01:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
DICE i-Honda-R4 install with PICS

Good day...

Yesterday I had the pleasure of installing a DICE iPod interface into a 2007 TL-S. The TL belongs to Acurazine member donc. For liability reasons I can not tell you how to install this adapter into your personal auto. But donc and I snapped some helpful pics throughout the install. It is a fairly easy process once you get the center console and dash apart. It took me about 3 hours and worked excellent. Please feel free to discuss this install.

Thank you again Don for your patience. Very few people can stand there and watch their brand new car being dismantled for several hours.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I thought someone made the comment, that this unit took about 5 mins to install in his tsx

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...7&postcount=75

Old 07-21-2007, 03:13 PM
2006 ASM tsx

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rza49311
I thought someone made the comment, that this unit took about 5 mins to install in his tsx

haha tsx is very different from a tl buddy..
esp getting behind the radio..
i installed my musiclink along with my salesperson (who knew nothing about working on a car) @ the dealership parking lot in 10 mins.. and thats going along with not knowing how to do anything yet.. (i just got the car.)
we have a huge cabin of space once you remove the center pocket.. and form there its a piece of cake.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rza49311

The TSX is alot easier than the TL. The plug that you need to access is on the bottom of the deck. All you have to do is pull the pocket out below the deck and plug it in.... An that's the 5 minute version.

The correct way in a TSX should take atleast 30 to 45 minutes.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
The install above might be a bit overboard for some.

You don't need to remove the glove box unless you are planning to keep the iPod stored there. You could, alternatively, store the iPod in one of the small front storage compartments.

The plug behind the head unit can be accessed by removing just the driver's kick panel (+ metal trims). It will be a tight squeeze, but very possible as many have done so. You don't need to go all out and remove the head unit, although doing so would make accessing the plug easier.

Thanks for the snaps nevertheless.

Since you have experience with the install, where can you install the DICE brain? I can't tell from the last picture whether that is behind the head unit or the glove box (or neither). I'm just trying to get an idea of how long the DICE harness is. Thanks.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by datmrman
The install above might be a bit overboard for some.

You don't need to remove the glove box unless you are planning to keep the iPod stored there. You could, alternatively, store the iPod in one of the small front storage compartments.

The plug behind the head unit can be accessed by removing just the driver's kick panel (+ metal trims). It will be a tight squeeze, but very possible as many have done so. You don't need to go all out and remove the head unit, although doing so would make accessing the plug easier.

Thanks for the snaps nevertheless.

Since you have experience with the install, where can you install the DICE brain? I can't tell from the last picture whether that is behind the head unit or the glove box (or neither). I'm just trying to get an idea of how long the DICE harness is. Thanks.
The harness is 3 feet long from the DICE side to the base of the Y on the R4 kits. The R3 is also 3 feet long. Extension cables ranging up to 20 feet are available.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by datmrman
The DICE module will really only fit correctly behind the glovebox. Hence, pulling the glovebox out. Which is very easy. The last picture is from below the dash/glovebox area looking up. There was plenty of length left over in the cables.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by uncald4
The TSX is alot easier than the TL. The plug that you need to access is on the bottom of the deck. All you have to do is pull the pocket out below the deck and plug it in.... An that's the 5 minute version.

The correct way in a TSX should take atleast 30 to 45 minutes.
cool
Old 07-27-2007, 11:30 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What uncald4 didn't mention was the removal of the music link installed by the (never will work on my car again) dealer. The install of the music link took 4 hours (I waited) and was not done well (damaged the shift link cover when unlocking the shift lever). I have nothing but admiration for the installation of the DICE R4 kit and plan to have uncald4 install my new audio system in my 05 S2000.