2021+ Acura TLX & TLX TYPE S Sales Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2023, 09:58 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,598 Likes on 961 Posts
Originally Posted by F23A4
I don't think that Mazda will ever restart the Amati brand anytime soon, particularly given current economic conditions. It's too bad Mazda's marketing is a little weak as they do have an attractive lineup though I wish they still produced the Mazda6 which was easily the most attractive car in the segment. (I know: sedans are dead.) And honestly, I'd buy Mazda before ever considering anything from Hyundai/Kia.
100% with you. I have a CX-5 and it's an excellent car. The interior, fit & finish and driving/handling are top notch. Any day before Kia and Hyundai!
Old 07-06-2023, 01:06 PM
AZ Community Team

Just to show how much Acura struggled last year with supply chain issue. Compare the QoQ sales numbers. All theories of TLX or RDX aren't selling is 100% INCORRECT! And still, I believe Acura hasn't recovered yet! MDX and Integra are prioritized, then TLX and RDX. Q2 of 2023 is the first quarter that Acura showed some positive signs. This shall continue until end of this year or even Q1 of 2024.

Last edited by Tony Pac; 07-06-2023 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-06-2023, 01:19 PM
Drifting

Received 565 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally Posted by F23A4
I don't think that Mazda will ever restart the Amati brand anytime soon, particularly given current economic conditions. It's too bad Mazda's marketing is a little weak as they do have an attractive lineup though I wish they still produced the Mazda6 which was easily the most attractive car in the segment. (I know: sedans are dead.) And honestly, I'd buy Mazda before ever considering anything from Hyundai/Kia.
For sure on the Mazda versus H/K products. Close friends have owned a variety of Mazda models, including the 6, and they've been very pleased with them. With the H/K cars, it does not build confidence when the lot behind the service department is littered with dozens of dead motors extracted from owners' H/K models. There's a reason they need to offer a warranty that no other manufacturer has felt the need to put out there.
The following 2 users liked this post by JM2010 SH-AWD:
F23A4 (07-06-2023), Tony Pac (07-06-2023)
Old 07-06-2023, 02:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
Originally Posted by JM2010 SH-AWD
For sure on the Mazda versus H/K products. Close friends have owned a variety of Mazda models, including the 6, and they've been very pleased with them. With the H/K cars, it does not build confidence when the lot behind the service department is littered with dozens of dead motors extracted from owners' H/K models. There's a reason they need to offer a warranty that no other manufacturer has felt the need to put out there.
Absolutely.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:38 PM
AZ Community Team

Another great month for Acura brand! 2X TLX sold compared to the same time last year! Once the supply chain issues are fully resolved for Honda/Acura, I am sure these sales numbers will increase and a new record will be set every month!
The following 2 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
bilirubin (08-01-2023), frack (08-01-2023)
Old 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Pro

Received 499 Likes on 244 Posts
TLX sales for July are 97.5% higher than last year. Weren't one of you saying there was never a supply shortage? If that was actually true, then explain what caused a 97.5% increase in demand?
The following users liked this post:
Tony Pac (08-01-2023)
Old 08-01-2023, 04:33 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by bilirubin
TLX sales for July are 97.5% higher than last year. Weren't one of you saying there was never a supply shortage? If that was actually true, then explain what caused a 97.5% increase in demand?
100%!

I am telling Acura and Honda are still struggling....they recovered to some extent but not fully. TLX and RDX sales are suffering. Once all goes back to normal, TLX will hit 2K3K units every month!
Old 09-01-2023, 04:31 PM
AZ Community Team

Another strong month for Acura!
Old 09-01-2023, 05:54 PM
Pro

TLX sales for August are 96.9% higher than last year. Weren't one of you saying there wasn't a supply shortage? If that was actually true, then explain what caused a 96.9% increase in demand?
MarcoTLX (09-04-2023)
Old 09-01-2023, 08:22 PM
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 73 Posts
My car is in those numbers
The following 2 users liked this post by frainc:
F23A4 (09-03-2023), MarcoTLX (09-04-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 12:41 PM
AZ Community Team

Sales Highlights

Acura September sales topped 12,000 units for the 7th straight month led by balanced results for cars and SUVs.
  • Integra sales top 24,000 units in first 9 months with nearly three times the retail sales of nearest competitor.
  • Integra captures an incredible 40% of sales in premium compact class, creating the vast majority of the segment’s growth.
  • TLX nine month sales (13,573) best 2022 annual results, with Type S model representing 33% of TLX sales.
  • MDX and RDX have topped 8,000 in sales in six of the past seven months, MDX tops 4,000 units for 12 straight months.
Another great month for Acura brand! The 40% of Integra and 33% of TLX TYPE S are very impressive! 2024 will be better and bigger!
bilirubin (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 03:40 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Tony Pac

Sales Highlights

Acura September sales topped 12,000 units for the 7th straight month led by balanced results for cars and SUVs.
  • Integra sales top 24,000 units in first 9 months with nearly three times the retail sales of nearest competitor.
  • Integra captures an incredible 40% of sales in premium compact class, creating the vast majority of the segment’s growth.
  • TLX nine month sales (13,573) best 2022 annual results, with Type S model representing 33% of TLX sales.
  • MDX and RDX have topped 8,000 in sales in six of the past seven months, MDX tops 4,000 units for 12 straight months.
Another great month for Acura brand! The 40% of Integra and 33% of TLX TYPE S are very impressive! 2024 will be better and bigger!
There was about as many TLX Type S sales in September 2023 than there were non-Type S sales in September 2022. Considering one of you claimed there was never a supply shortage, it must be perplexing how the demand suddenly doubled and then some.
Tony Pac (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 04:43 PM
AZ Community Team

Also, you can see the RDX sales are picking up again! Supply chain was a major issue with Honda/Acura. Let me tell you they haven't recover 100% yet. This will continue until end of this year (at least ) if not longer.

bilirubin (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 08:58 PM
Pro

Also, you can see the RDX sales are picking up again! Supply chain was a major issue with Honda/Acura. Let me tell you they haven't recover 100% yet. This will continue until end of this year (at least ) if not longer.
Supply chain issues? But I saw three RDX's on Bob's Random Car Lot, so there can't be a supply shortage, anywhere, at any time, ever.
Also I just went to a buffet so don't you dare tell me that global hunger exists.
/s
Old 10-04-2023, 07:59 AM
AZ Community Team

Supply chain issues? But I saw three RDX's on Bob's Random Car Lot, so there can't be a supply shortage, anywhere, at any time, ever.
Also I just went to a buffet so don't you dare tell me that global hunger exists.
/s
hahaha!
Good one...What inflation or economic issues? I went to Lululemon yesterday and I had to wait 30 min for some to ask me if I need any help....the lineup impressed me at the store front and made me think. Economic boom just started
bilirubin (10-04-2023)
Old 10-04-2023, 10:54 AM
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 120 Posts
Anecdotal information - but I've noticed in driving by Acura dealerships in the last few months in the Chicago area that generally they seem to have pretty good inventory - compared especially to Lexus and Toyota. Not sure about Honda - goes below my radar mainly because no current Honda model interests me in the slightest. I think Acura sales have been helped by virtue of the simple fact that you can go in, test drive what you want - and if not fussy about color, buy whatever TLX or Integra you want the same day. Just like in the good old pre-pandemic, pre-supply chain issues days. The average car buyer I think would much rather not have to place an order for the exact car they want and wait weeks to months for it to materialize. At least, I know I would much rather pick something out that I like - make maybe a couple of option or color choice sacrifices, and drive home in the new car the same day. My own TLX was test driven and driven home the same day. I actually would have preferred black seats to red - I thought the red seats were a little too gaudy - but the model with the black seats was in the showroom and would have taken longer for the dealership to extricate it and prep it, and mine was pretty much ready to roll. So, just to get the hell on with my day I made a minor seat color choice sacrifice. Many on this forum will think I'm a blithering, impatient idiot for doing this; but, well, there's a LOT of us blithering, impatient idiots out there. We want it NOW, dammit!
Old 10-04-2023, 11:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 328 Likes on 239 Posts
Originally Posted by Flapjackura
Anecdotal information - but I've noticed in driving by Acura dealerships in the last few months in the Chicago area that generally they seem to have pretty good inventory - compared especially to Lexus and Toyota. Not sure about Honda - goes below my radar mainly because no current Honda model interests me in the slightest. I think Acura sales have been helped by virtue of the simple fact that you can go in, test drive what you want - and if not fussy about color, buy whatever TLX or Integra you want the same day. Just like in the good old pre-pandemic, pre-supply chain issues days. The average car buyer I think would much rather not have to place an order for the exact car they want and wait weeks to months for it to materialize. At least, I know I would much rather pick something out that I like - make maybe a couple of option or color choice sacrifices, and drive home in the new car the same day. My own TLX was test driven and driven home the same day. I actually would have preferred black seats to red - I thought the red seats were a little too gaudy - but the model with the black seats was in the showroom and would have taken longer for the dealership to extricate it and prep it, and mine was pretty much ready to roll. So, just to get the hell on with my day I made a minor seat color choice sacrifice. Many on this forum will think I'm a blithering, impatient idiot for doing this; but, well, there's a LOT of us blithering, impatient idiots out there. We want it NOW, dammit!
Enjoy your new ride. The days of FOMO, supply chain shortages have changed - the new supply constraint is buyers who will qualify and those who can afford a new vehicle. I bought my RDX at the end of 2020 - they had almost 35 RDX Aspec's on the lot the day I choose mine. Waiting for a vehicle - been there - canceled two reservations as I knew that boomerang was going to end soon - and go the other way (over supply and lots of repos) as we have been to this show before.
Old 10-04-2023, 11:04 AM
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasrdx21
Enjoy your new ride. The days of FOMO, supply chain shortages have changed - the new supply constraint is buyers who will qualify and those who can afford a new vehicle. I bought my RDX at the end of 2020 - they had almost 35 RDX Aspec's on the lot the day I choose mine. Waiting for a vehicle - been there - canceled two reservations as I knew that boomerang was going to end soon - and go the other way (over supply and lots of repos) as we have been to this show before.
Thanks! Not so new, car will be 3 years old at the end of November. But I am enjoying immensely and it still looks and drives like new!
MarcoTLX (10-05-2023)
Old 10-04-2023, 11:40 AM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
33% TLX Type S sales? That's impressive no matter what negatives you hear from the keyboard warriors on this site and on the web. You can only hope that Acura will improve this model going forward. I really doubt they're going only EVs with future models. That would be dumb considering how EVs are piling up for so many brands and taking losses with each car as Tesla just keeps dropping their prices.
The following 2 users liked this post by dmski:
Pens Fan (10-04-2023), Tony Pac (10-04-2023)
Old 10-04-2023, 06:57 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by dmski
33% TLX Type S sales? That's impressive no matter what negatives you hear from the keyboard warriors on this site and on the web. You can only hope that Acura will improve this model going forward. I really doubt they're going only EVs with future models. That would be dumb considering how EVs are piling up for so many brands and taking losses with each car as Tesla just keeps dropping their prices.
Nailed it! That’s why, I am keep saying stay away from “purists”, “enthusiasts with no money” and as you said keyboard warriors

33%!!! that’s damns impressive numbers.
MarcoTLX (10-05-2023)
Old 10-04-2023, 07:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dmski
Because Tesla has had time to master their no complex design vehicle's. With EV sales stalling, it would be painful for Honda/Acura to move so many models to EV’s. I see more Hybrid models coming. There is plenty of room for several different types of vehicles.
Old 10-06-2023, 09:37 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
Are we really celebrating back-to-back months of barely being able to climb over 1,200 units? Even the G70 has leapfrogged TLX sales the past two months.

Good to see a lot of Type-S units being moved. Maybe the aftermarket will re-think ignoring the platform.

Also good to see they're producing them in numbers that you can easily walk in and talk discounts. ITS is looking the same, which is laughable that people are paying over sticker (much like when the TLX-S first launched). So much for only getting 2 units for this year. Much like I suspected, they're gonna make as many of them as people can stand to buy. Assembling them (like crap) here in the US is certainly helping production. There will probably be more ITS's than CTR's out in the wild by the end of the year.
ESHBG (10-07-2023)
Old 10-06-2023, 09:55 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by leomio2.0
Are we really celebrating back-to-back months of barely being able to climb over 1,200 units? Even the G70 has leapfrogged TLX sales the past two months.

Good to see a lot of Type-S units being moved. Maybe the aftermarket will re-think ignoring the platform.

Also good to see they're producing them in numbers that you can easily walk in and talk discounts. ITS is looking the same, which is laughable that people are paying over sticker (much like when the TLX-S first launched). So much for only getting 2 units for this year. Much like I suspected, they're gonna make as many of them as people can stand to buy. Assembling them (like crap) here in the US is certainly helping production. There will probably be more ITS's than CTR's out in the wild by the end of the year.
You're being short sighted, month-to-month is highly variable. Compared to last year, September sales have more than doubled and year-to-date sales are 50% higher. And Honda still hasn't full sorted their supply chain issues.
Tony Pac (10-06-2023)
Old 10-06-2023, 01:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 666 Likes on 359 Posts

I see hate is still alive and well!
The following 4 users liked this post by GhostTL09:
bilirubin (10-06-2023), Jim2301 (10-07-2023), sonyfever (10-06-2023), Tony Pac (10-06-2023)
Old 10-06-2023, 04:36 PM
AZ Community Team

It's not about celebration but looking at the big picture. Last year, Acura was in a hole, not just TLX but overall. This year, it's looking a lot more promising and these 12K+ units are proving that Honda/Acura had major supply issues.
Finally, I cannot wait to see the 2025 G70 model Apparently Hyundai, I mean Genesis hired engineers and designers from Porsche to work on the next G70 and Stinger models!
Old 10-06-2023, 07:24 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostTL09
I see hate is still alive and well!
Well, someone has to bring balance to the force. There's AcuraProTony's sunshine pumping that borders on fanaticism, there's leomio's doom and gloom, and then there's the reality that's somewhere in the middle.
The following 4 users liked this post by fiatlux:
dj5 (10-07-2023), ESHBG (10-07-2023), Jim2301 (10-07-2023), sonyfever (10-07-2023)
Old 10-06-2023, 08:10 PM
AZ Community Team

You’re the moon of Az 😂

love that you think about me 24|7! Rent free
Old 10-06-2023, 08:15 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
You’re the moon of Az 😂

love that you think about me 24|7! Rent free
It's hard not to notice you when you're on here everyday playing ultimate cheerleader

If I ever start a company and need someone to work social media and sing its praises unconditionally (even when undeserved), you are the first person I will try to recruit
The following 3 users liked this post by fiatlux:
DJ Iceman (10-08-2023), dj5 (10-07-2023), ESHBG (10-07-2023)
Old 10-06-2023, 08:20 PM
AZ Community Team

Sure let me know. I just hope I dont hunt you in your dreams. 😂

you started first on a Friday night commenting on two thread related to me. Now we see who got time on their hand. Enjoy and have fun at your favourite car brands forum!
Old 10-06-2023, 08:23 PM
AZ Community Team

Your post on the Integra topic 😂😂😂 you wrote a book. That shows how much importance you give me 🙏🏽
Old 10-08-2023, 12:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 390 Likes on 272 Posts
Weekend is ending, and I am still waiting for the sequel of AZine's blockbuster show.
Old 10-08-2023, 02:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
You're being short sighted, month-to-month is highly variable. Compared to last year, September sales have more than doubled and year-to-date sales are 50% higher. And Honda still hasn't full sorted their supply chain issues.
The absolute figures are what I'm referring to. Call it short-sighted, while you're comparing numbers to when Honda/Acura were woefully handling supply chain issues and were selling worse than any other major auto manufacturer. I think Mitsubishi even got close to their sales. Pathetic.

Exempting the supply chain issue sales (late 2021-early 2023) for Honda/Acura, sales figures for the TLX are not something to be celebrated. Supply issues have for the most part been sorted out. Every dealer around me has dougle-digit, or close to, TLX-S's on their lots along with every other trim. If people wanted them, they could be buying them.

Old 10-08-2023, 03:30 PM
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
Your chart claims to show "Acura TLX US Month Sales" going all the way back to 2005. Curious... the TLX didn't exist until late 2014. care to explain your data??
bilirubin (10-08-2023)
Old 10-08-2023, 10:29 PM
Pro

Exempting the supply chain issue sales (late 2021-early 2023) for Honda/Acura, sales figures for the TLX are not something to be celebrated. Supply issues have for the most part been sorted out. Every dealer around me has dougle-digit, or close to, TLX-S's on their lots along with every other trim. If people wanted them, they could be buying them.
Your chart sucks.
The TLX didn't exist before 2014. Sedan sales in general have declined by 50% in the past 15 years.
F23A4 (10-12-2023)
Old 10-08-2023, 10:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Your chart sucks.
The TLX didn't exist before 2014. Sedan sales in general have declined by 50% in the past 15 years.
Agree. Sedans are not Main Street sellers in the USA for a long time, unless you are Tesla with the Model 3. Otherwise, Americans want SUV’s and trucks - that’s what sells in volume. And very few want a manual gearbox either (or know how to drive one (their loss).
bilirubin (10-09-2023)
Old 10-09-2023, 06:56 AM
Drifting

Received 1,248 Likes on 906 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim2301
Your chart claims to show "Acura TLX US Month Sales" going all the way back to 2005. Curious... the TLX didn't exist until late 2014. care to explain your data??
Your chart sucks.
There exists the possibility that the chart is also inclusive of the TL as part of the TLX's heritage. Our own esteemed moderator(s) on AZ felt it was necessary to change the name of the TLX forum from "2G TLX" to "6G TLX" (which I don't agree with and adds too much confusion).

What a way to further dilute the brand!
Old 10-09-2023, 10:16 AM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
The absolute figures are what I'm referring to. Call it short-sighted, while you're comparing numbers to when Honda/Acura were woefully handling supply chain issues and were selling worse than any other major auto manufacturer. I think Mitsubishi even got close to their sales. Pathetic.

Why so obsessed about TLX??? Are you on every sedan forum posting about declined sales?
Tony Pac (10-10-2023)
Old 10-12-2023, 08:07 AM
Air Vice Marshal

Received 300 Likes on 155 Posts
<snip>
<snip>
I can't help but wonder if the high percentage of TLX-S sales is more a function of it being the sole surviving V-6 sedan in the Honda/Acura world rather than an endorsement of the car itself. I suspect a lot of Honda and Acura owners like myself, my wife and our daughter have been buying Honda or Acura V-6 sedans for decades and simply don't want a 4 banger.
Old 10-12-2023, 08:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mike03a3
I can't help but wonder if the high percentage of TLX-S sales is more a function of it being the sole surviving V-6 sedan in the Honda/Acura world rather than an endorsement of the car itself. I suspect a lot of Honda and Acura owners like myself, my wife and our daughter have been buying Honda or Acura V-6 sedans for decades and simply don't want a 4 banger.
Unfortunately you are in the minority - as the majority of USA buyers want SUV/CUV's. That the bread and butter for most mfg's in America today. The only mfg bucking that trend is Tesla, as they are selling the Model 3 like crazy, but even its own model Y is now the new sales leader for them.

Naturally aspirated engines last much longer than turbo engines. The heat soaking increases wear and bearings in the turbos are good for about 100K miles or so.
Old 10-12-2023, 12:33 PM
Air Vice Marshal

Received 300 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasrdx21
Unfortunately you are in the minority - as the majority of USA buyers want SUV/CUV's. That the bread and butter for most mfg's in America today. The only mfg bucking that trend is Tesla, as they are selling the Model 3 like crazy, but even its own model Y is now the new sales leader for them.

Naturally aspirated engines last much longer than turbo engines. The heat soaking increases wear and bearings in the turbos are good for about 100K miles or so.
None of that has any bearing on my remark. The context is sedans. Like the subject of this forum. My question is simple: is the high percentage of current TLX sales Type S primarily because it's a V-6, especially since it is the sole surviving V-6 sedan in the Honda/Acura universe now that all Accords are 4 bangers? Is Acura drawing some buyers who would have purchased a V-6 Accord instead if they could. My family still has four V-6 Accords. And yes, we even have an SUV - a Pilot.

Quick Reply: 2021+ Acura TLX & TLX TYPE S Sales Numbers