A/C compressor

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 10:03 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C compressor

My compressor coil is working and the system has Freon but no cold air , is the compressor went bad and how to take it out
Old 08-22-2018, 11:19 AM
dv-
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
You'll want to have the system emptied by somebody who knows what they're doing. When they empty the system, the readings on their pressure gauges will be able to tell you whether the compressor is working or not, or if there's a leak, etc.

Then to replace the compressor you just follow the procedure in the shop manual.

https://acurazine.com/forums/fourth-...manual-956811/
The following users liked this post:
Humam Abd (08-22-2018)
Old 08-22-2018, 03:28 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by dv-
You'll want to have the system emptied by somebody who knows what they're doing. When they empty the system, the readings on their pressure gauges will be able to tell you whether the compressor is working or not, or if there's a leak, etc.

Then to replace the compressor you just follow the procedure in the shop manual.

https://acurazine.com/forums/fourth-...manual-956811/
I have emptied the system and I have ordered recharge and vacuum gauge and I would like to know how to test it , should I connect the gauge to the high pressure connection and turn it on or what? , thanks
Old 08-22-2018, 03:55 PM
dv-
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Humam Abd

I have emptied the system and I have ordered recharge and vacuum gauge and I would like to know how to test it , should I connect the gauge to the high pressure connection and turn it on or what? , thanks
Where'd the freon go, eh? :-P

First, you put negative pressure on it with a vacuum pump to make sure it can hold vacuum (so, verify that the system is not leaking.)

Then when you refill it (watch some youtube videos to see the process) the compressor has to be working. If you run into a problem like, say, your low and high side pressures are the same, or the compressor isn't sucking refrigerant into the low side, then you know you've got a busted compressor.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:29 AM
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Chris Fix on Youtube has some fantastic videos, and talks about recharging and replace the compressor. It's not a TL but the steps are the same. Just need to figure out the locations for everything. The shop manual has all the info you need to supplement the video.

Replace Compressor manual: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...ENFb1NZVTN1UGM
Replace condenser manual: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...0FXMDZVR0htRkE

Replace Compressor:

Recharge System:

Last edited by Blaze9; 08-23-2018 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:08 PM
7th Gear

Hey Blaze!

Sorry to re-open an old thread. But when you replace the AC Compressor, is it necessary to replace anything else? My compressor has been making a grinding noise and im pretty sure its shot. I couldn't find any specific guides on the 2009 TL and was wondering.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,431 Posts
Originally Posted by mmuschamp
Hey Blaze!

Sorry to re-open an old thread. But when you replace the AC Compressor, is it necessary to replace anything else? My compressor has been making a grinding noise and im pretty sure its shot. I couldn't find any specific guides on the 2009 TL and was wondering.
Replace the dryer element inside the the A/C condenser and make sure there are no metal flakes on it. If there are metal flakes you'll need to clean out the A/C system to remove the fragments otherwise it'll kill the new compressor.
The following users liked this post:
mmuschamp (05-20-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 07:08 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by csmeance
Replace the dryer element inside the the A/C condenser and make sure there are no metal flakes on it. If there are metal flakes you'll need to clean out the A/C system to remove the fragments otherwise it'll kill the new compressor.
thanks for the reply. Ill Be sure to make sure I take a look at this. I struggle to find any detailed guides on this process. Is it a difficult process to trace the dryer element? Any specials tools r extra materials I will need?
Old 05-21-2020, 12:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,431 Posts
Originally Posted by mmuschamp
thanks for the reply. Ill Be sure to make sure I take a look at this. I struggle to find any detailed guides on this process. Is it a difficult process to trace the dryer element? Any specials tools r extra materials I will need?
It should unscrew from the side of the condenser in front of the radiator. Just lookup A/C drier replacement honda and you'll see lots of videos.