New Continental Extreme Contact DWS or Mich Pilot A/S Plus?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brookspw
2008 TL -- just had the Conti ExtremeContact DWS installed this morning.

Back story -- got this car about 3 weeks ago. Only had 18k miles and still had the OEM Bridgestones. Still had good tread but wet traction was horrible. Would NOT balance true -- had vibration, especially in the 70-80 mph range. Each tire required at least 6 1/4 oz weights to balance. They did balance statically, but not dynamically or with a roadforce machine.

New DWS --
-- 1 wheel required, 3 1/4 oz weights, 2 wheels required 2, 1 wheel required 1.
-- Smooth as a baby's butt on the interstate. No road feel or vibration at all.
-- Much quieter, as well.
-- We'll see after a few miles, but so far a WORLD of difference.

Question on alignment: It needed alignment and now every measurement is perfectly in the middle of spec...EXCEPT Front Right Caster. The before reading was 2.4* and the after reading is 2.4*. The specified range is 2.5-4*.

What am I looking at here? What would cause this? Why would they not be able to get in within specs?
Ugh. 5 days and 250 miles later I do have road and interstate vibration. I can feel it as low as 40 mph. Taking it back in for roadforce evaluation. I must have a bent rim or some other suspension issue if they won't balance. I do have a slight pull to the right on interstate. What should I look for on the alignment spec sheet that would pull to the right?
Old 07-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
The operator can always get the tire in balance, at least in balance as far the machine indicates. A little extra work, but after the assembly is in balance, turn it when on the machine 180 degrees and spin again to see if it is still in balance. Have seen many machines mis-calibrated and will erroneously indicate that the assembly is in balance and must say that the TL wheels present a problem.
Many other avenues to use like the lug hole adapter to make certain the wheel is centered.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Suzuka Master

^I was in a big hurry to leave the house, hence a shortened version. One can tell if the wheel is bent when spinning on the machine, or the use of a dial indicator is a help.
If you want to check yourself, get the tire off the ground, place a brick or block of wood next to the wheel, then place a pencil with the eraser next to the wheel lip and then turn the wheel and watch to see if the wheel has runout indicating that it may be bent or damaged.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
I would search later, but anyone experiencing some minor flat spotting with the DWS? I am noticing it. Not a huge deal, it is usually gone in a couple minutes, but it is noticeable. I am running 33 psi with Nitrogen.
I was getting some flat spotting and raised the pressure up to 35 PSI cold and it's greatly helped with reducing the flat spotting. 2 miles later and it's gone!

2008 TL -- just had the Conti ExtremeContact DWS installed this morning.

Back story -- got this car about 3 weeks ago. Only had 18k miles and still had the OEM Bridgestones. Still had good tread but wet traction was horrible. Would NOT balance true -- had vibration, especially in the 70-80 mph range. Each tire required at least 6 1/4 oz weights to balance. They did balance statically, but not dynamically or with a roadforce machine.

New DWS --
-- 1 wheel required, 3 1/4 oz weights, 2 wheels required 2, 1 wheel required 1.
-- Smooth as a baby's butt on the interstate. No road feel or vibration at all.
-- Much quieter, as well.
-- We'll see after a few miles, but so far a WORLD of difference.

Question on alignment: It needed alignment and now every measurement is perfectly in the middle of spec...EXCEPT Front Right Caster. The before reading was 2.4* and the after reading is 2.4*. The specified range is 2.5-4*.

What am I looking at here? What would cause this? Why would they not be able to get in within specs?
I'm not sure if caster can be adjusted in the TL but I'd look and make sure that nothing is bent on the suspension. As far as your vibration goes, it is more than likely an IMPROPER BEAD on the tires. I had the SAME issue with my Continental DW tires. These tires need to be HIGH pressure mounted! The tire place had to inflate them to around 60 PSI or so and leave them there for a few minutes to make sure the bead sealed properly. I was getting a vibration at 65-75 and as well at 40-50 and it was because of the bead.

Ugh. 5 days and 250 miles later I do have road and interstate vibration. I can feel it as low as 40 mph. Taking it back in for roadforce evaluation. I must have a bent rim or some other suspension issue if they won't balance. I do have a slight pull to the right on interstate. What should I look for on the alignment spec sheet that would pull to the right?
Have them dismount the tire and put the rim on the balancer, they can use a rod on the back of the balancer to see if the wheel is bent or not. If it's not bent then have them high pressure mount the tires and rebalance them.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:26 AM
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
I'm not sure if caster can be adjusted in the TL but I'd look and make sure that nothing is bent on the suspension. As far as your vibration goes, it is more than likely an IMPROPER BEAD on the tires. I had the SAME issue with my Continental DW tires. These tires need to be HIGH pressure mounted! The tire place had to inflate them to around 60 PSI or so and leave them there for a few minutes to make sure the bead sealed properly. I was getting a vibration at 65-75 and as well at 40-50 and it was because of the bead.
I'm having some slight vibration problems as well... I wonder if this could be my problem. I'm taking it in to have the tires balanced soon so hopefully the problem will be solved. The TL really seems finicky when it comes to the ride, balance, and suspension.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Intermediate

Well, it is at the shop right now. They said they'd do whatever it took to rule out/in the tires as the source.

I will say...it did pretty much on the previous set (OEM tires -- I've only had the car a month) even after they were rebalanced.

I'm hoping it isn't a bent wheel.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:26 AM
2004 NBP TL 6MT

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I've had Continental DWS tires on my TL (235/45 R17) for 1,000 miles now. They drive smooth and handle well on dry pavement. However, I can not comment on how they do in wet weather.

Also, I've noticed that when the TL sits overnight in the driveway and temperature fluctuates during this time the car drives with some vibrations for about 10 miles and smooths out. I suspect the tire pressures fluctuate due to temperature and smooth out after becoming consistent. I have the tires filled with regular air and now wonder if nitrogen fill would be a better choise. Nitrogen is supposed to remain more consistent in tire pressure.

I'll comment if I get a nitrogen fill and the results.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:39 AM
Team Owner

Received 602 Likes on 419 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
I was getting some flat spotting and raised the pressure up to 35 PSI cold and it's greatly helped with reducing the flat spotting. 2 miles later and it's gone!
That is what I am doing now and it has helped.

Originally Posted by HondaFan81
I've had Continental DWS tires on my TL (235/45 R17) for 1,000 miles now. They drive smooth and handle well on dry pavement. However, I can not comment on how they do in wet weather.

Also, I've noticed that when the TL sits overnight in the driveway and temperature fluctuates during this time the car drives with some vibrations for about 10 miles and smooths out. I suspect the tire pressures fluctuate due to temperature and smooth out after becoming consistent. I have the tires filled with regular air and now wonder if nitrogen fill would be a better choise. Nitrogen is supposed to remain more consistent in tire pressure.

I'll comment if I get a nitrogen fill and the results.
Wet traction is really good. Almost no hydroplaning.

The only complaints I have had with these tires and the reason I will likely get them replaced is the noise and the inability to stay balanced. The ride quality and traction is above average.

My problem is that I drive way too much on the highway to deal with the noise and slight vibration.

Well, it is at the shop right now. They said they'd do whatever it took to rule out/in the tires as the source.

I will say...it did pretty much on the previous set (OEM tires -- I've only had the car a month) even after they were rebalanced.

I'm hoping it isn't a bent wheel.
What did they find? Does the vibration change at all when you move the wheels around?

Last edited by Steven Bell; 07-15-2011 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Team Owner

Well....my DWS are gone. I worked with Continental. They had a 60 day ride satisfaction guarantee with the DWS. Mileage is not part of the deal. I put about 6K miles on them.

Only problem was I had to replace them with another Continental/General tire. Since the only option was the General UHP I will be using those for a while. If I don't like these Continental said that they will authorize a refund. I'm not too thrilled about the UHP's as it gets colder.

So far they ride a lot quieter. They are louder than the stock tires but just marginally. And the noise if consistent and not like the propeller of a small plane. There is still some very mild vibration at highway speeds. To be honest I think that the crappy balancer at BJs does a better job for my car than the roadforce. Maybe it's just me.

I am heading to VA for the weekend so I will get about 600-700 miles on them by Sunday. That should give me a good idea of what I really think about them.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:05 PM
2004 NBP TL 6MT

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Ravin,

To clarify, my previous comment was DWS with regular air and stock air pressure specs (35 psi F, 32 psi R).

I too drive mostly HWY and rack up 120 miles M-F, plus some additional on weekends. My tire vibrations are gone by time to get onto HWY, initially taking some side streets to get there.

I agree with someone's comment on 35 psi all around seems best to counter the flat spotting, which is what I did on my prior Bridgestone tires and it helped. I just put 35 psi regular air all around this morning, walking out to car. I always do tire pressures when tires are cold. BTW, the 35 psi does help on these DWS as well.

I also agree with a person's comment on these lower profile tires in general you need to ensure they are seated well on the rim. I've personally witness improper practice of mounting the tire (no lubrication on rim bead area) with Michelin tires (reputation for balancing well) and you could visibly notice the wobbling on the tire balancer at is spun. I had them remount and reinstall with lubricant and it was completely different. I mean you are talking a couple ounces in difference between the two balances! Also, if you ever seen these guys removing lower profile tires from rims, you can tell it is more difficult to do. Gives you an idea on how tight them things are on there.

Can't wait to experience the DWS in wet and later snow.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just thought I'd reply here and say that I've been running the DWS since November 2010 and have put 7k miles on them. Through a New York winter and now in a Houston summer (I moved). I love them. They're quiet (in my opinion), and very stable in the rain and snow.

Originally Posted by HondaFan81
Ravin,

To clarify, my previous comment was DWS with regular air and stock air pressure specs (35 psi F, 32 psi R).

I too drive mostly HWY and rack up 120 miles M-F, plus some additional on weekends. My tire vibrations are gone by time to get onto HWY, initially taking some side streets to get there.

I agree with someone's comment on 35 psi all around seems best to counter the flat spotting, which is what I did on my prior Bridgestone tires and it helped. I just put 35 psi regular air all around this morning, walking out to car. I always do tire pressures when tires are cold. BTW, the 35 psi does help on these DWS as well.

I also agree with a person's comment on these lower profile tires in general you need to ensure they are seated well on the rim. I've personally witness improper practice of mounting the tire (no lubrication on rim bead area) with Michelin tires (reputation for balancing well) and you could visibly notice the wobbling on the tire balancer at is spun. I had them remount and reinstall with lubricant and it was completely different. I mean you are talking a couple ounces in difference between the two balances! Also, if you ever seen these guys removing lower profile tires from rims, you can tell it is more difficult to do. Gives you an idea on how tight them things are on there.

Can't wait to experience the DWS in wet and later snow.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:31 PM
Cruisin'

I just installed my DWS last week. So far so good. I did have some mild vibration around 60-65ish, but I rebalanced them and found one was a half ounce out. Vibration gone! They do ride softer than my bald Michelin's (cords showing on right front!) but not to bad. So far a good tire for the price.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Racer

Update:
I just had my DWS replaced (after 2yrs) with a new set after complaining of flat spotting and one that seemed to be out of round. I was going to go with a different tire, but Discount was willing to prorate the tires and credit a new set, so I'm on my second set of DWS (245/40/18) and while they are better they still flat spot daily during the first few miles. The old tires had 28k on them and they pro rated them at 60% so I was able to get a new set at a very good price. Not sure how I feel about the flat spotting, but overall these seem to roll much smoother than the previous set.

The flat spotting must be due to the size as it seems that most 17" folks are not experiencing this problem.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ajs800
Update:
I just had my DWS replaced (after 2yrs) with a new set after complaining of flat spotting and one that seemed to be out of round. I was going to go with a different tire, but Discount was willing to prorate the tires and credit a new set, so I'm on my second set of DWS (245/40/18) and while they are better they still flat spot daily during the first few miles. The old tires had 28k on them and they pro rated them at 60% so I was able to get a new set at a very good price. Not sure how I feel about the flat spotting, but overall these seem to roll much smoother than the previous set.

The flat spotting must be due to the size as it seems that most 17" folks are not experiencing this problem.
I had 17's and they flat spotted as well. It has more to do with the weight of the car, W-Rated tires and low PSI's. I had flat-spotting with the DWS, General UHP's and now with the Michelin MXM4.

Running slightly higher tire pressure helps but it does not solve the problem. I run 34 PSI cold with Nitrogen. Flat spots are usually gone in about 1-2 miles.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Team Owner

My Update....

Well....my DWS are gone. I worked with Continental. They had a 60 day ride satisfaction guarantee with the DWS. Mileage is not part of the deal. I put about 6K miles on them.

Only problem was I had to replace them with another Continental/General tire. Since the only option was the General UHP I will be using those for a while. If I don't like these Continental said that they will authorize a refund. I'm not too thrilled about the UHP's as it gets colder.

So far they ride a lot quieter. They are louder than the stock tires but just marginally. And the noise if consistent and not like the propeller of a small plane. There is still some very mild vibration at highway speeds. To be honest I think that the crappy balancer at BJs does a better job for my car than the roadforce. Maybe it's just me.

I am heading to VA for the weekend so I will get about 600-700 miles on them by Sunday. That should give me a good idea of what I really think about them.
Continental DWS = Gone
General Exclaim UHP = Gone

I put about 1200-1500 miles on the UHP's. Much better from the harmonic noise standpoint but they were still a bit louder than I would have liked. The thing that really got me on those were the reviews in the cold. I need something I can use when it gets colder out.

Continental/General authorized a credit to the tire shop so I was able to get any brand tire I wanted. I ended up getting the Michelin MXM4's. So far they are much better. Less noise. Good dry and wet weather grip. Based on the reviews they are one of the better rated touring tire in the snow.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Continental DWS = I ended up getting the Michelin MXM4's. So far they are much better. Less noise. Good dry and wet weather grip. Based on the reviews they are one of the better rated touring tire in the snow.
Primacy or Pilot? Size, speed and load rating?

Last edited by Turbonut; 07-25-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Turbonut
Primacy or Pilot? Size, speed and load rating?
235/45/17 W Rated Primacy HXM4.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....20Transmission
Old 07-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Suzuka Master

235/45/17 W Rated Primacy HXM4.
As they make many combinations, just wanted everyone to know the specific tire that you were speaking about. I have these on our '08 knock around car, great tire, not extremely wide in the particular widths, but if anyone is reading, I'm back to my old advice, go to the 245/45-17 size to be more inline with the OE tire height. This size is still a "green" tire with a 95 W rating.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Turbonut
As they make many combinations, just wanted everyone to know the specific tire that you were speaking about. I have these on our '08 knock around car, great tire, not extremely wide in the particular widths, but if anyone is reading, I'm back to my old advice, go to the 245/45-17 size to be more inline with the OE tire height. This size is still a "green" tire with a 95 W rating.
So far I am happy with them. I would opt for the wider ones next time.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:10 PM
[Mod Censored Title]

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts
I have 245/30/20 DWS on my car right now and I love them. I had [Falken] 452 on there previously and those lasted a whole 18k miles and didn't ride well. Since changing to the DWS my ride quality has increased and a huge plus with them (especially with my past tire experience) they have a mileage warranty on them!...in that size tire that is a rare thing. In regards to the Pilot A/S, they are nice tires but tend to get 'choppy' rather easily which creates a noisy ride and can also make the car vibrate a bit. With that said, these are all things that can easily be avoided by increasing frequency of tire rotations (~1k miles eariler than normal). I worked at a custom wheel/tire shop for 3 years so I'm a wheel and tire junkie.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:55 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
I just had my first opportunity to try out my Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires in the snow today. We're getting possibly 3-8 inches of snow today in Kansas City. The tires worked very well in the snow. No traction problems, no sliding while braking either. The were as good as advertised.
Steve - Got my DWS on Friday. Love them. Very happy with the 235 OEM. They look awesome. Thanks for your insights. I'm ready for hill in front of the Carriage Club with the first snow.

Brad
Old 08-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I'll be ordering these today. discount tire direct has the 235/45/17 for $548 shipped.

I found this info when searching for prices.

http://forums.focaljet.com/tire-rack...ml#post7560081

Last edited by sodaks2k; 08-03-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
Exclamation Conti DWS or Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus? or...?

Sorry for another fkn tire thread but this is kinda urgent.

I'm running General Exclaim UHPs that have about 30k miles on them. They've done well for me as a performance tire but tread is starting to wear out and as luck would have it, I hit some big rock looking thing in the middle of a busy road today and it blew my tire.

I already have a Dunlop on there when another tire blew out and since they don't even carry the Exclaim's anymore I'm not going to have another random tire put on. So I'm getting a whole new set.. TOMORROW MORNING. So I need to make a decision FAST!

I've done my research reading plenty of threads about everyone's opinions on tires here and I've come down to a couple choices, based on what I like and what they have IN STOCK (I wouldn't mind trying the General G-Max but no telling when they could get those in; mr. donut won't last long).

So I'm looking at the Conti DWS and the Pilot Sport A/S Plus.
-Both have good tread wear and are awesome all weather tires.
-From what I've read it seems like driving on the DWS doesn't seem as sporty as the A/S Plus because of the soft side walls ... correct?
-I need something for good dry and wet traction which both have. As far as winter weather.. well we do get our share of freezing rain and ice and last winter we had a time with 6 inches of snow and another with 12 inches of snow so that shit can certainly happen here, albeit it was the most we've gotten in a long ass time.

I don't really care if the tire is quiet, I like a sporty driving feel like I had with the Exclaim UHPs (if I recall I think the Exclaim UHPs also had soft side walls too). The other major consideration.. with installation and warranty the Conti's are about $400 cheaper.

Feel free to chime in. Thanks!
Old 09-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Q('.')=O

Thanks for the input

Fuck it, I'm going with the Conti DWS!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by NCTL05
So basically trying to shine these Continentals is a big FAIL. Here's what I did.

I got Black Magic Tire Foam clean and shine. Meguires Tire Foam clean and shine. Meguires Tire shine gel. And for cleaning I got Purple power Degreaser. For the first tire I did not clean it. I sprayed the right side with Meguires Foam and the left side with Black Magic. Results were . Black magic sucked the most still leaving some foam in the letters of the tire. Both B.M. and Meg. failed to shine the tire and left only splotches. Proof...

On another tire I cleaned the tire with regular car wash, rinsed, and dried. Then I cleaned the tire for about 20min with the P.P. degreaser. Tons of dirt and brown grime came off. In theory this would provide a better surface to shine. I used the Meg. foam on the left and the Meg. gel on the right. Both products bear the same name except that one is a foam and the other is a gel. Once again the foam left splotches but nowhere near as bad as on the previous test. The gel had better results. It wasn't splotchy but the tire still seemed to resist adhesion of the gel. Still both were unsucessful at giving the showroom shine.

Conclusion is that these tires cannot be shined. Just for this I won't get continentals again next time. I know for a fact that Kumho's shine nice.
The DWS is a silicon based tire so thats probably the reason it doesn't shine or accept detailing products well.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Q('.')=O

My review after driving 15 miles

They feel great. I told them to air them up to 34 psi. Whoever said these are very quiet tires..
Old 09-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by imj0257
My review after driving 15 miles

They feel great. I told them to air them up to 34 psi. Whoever said these are very quiet tires..
Are they not quiet?
Old 09-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Q('.')=O

They are the same as my General Exclaim UHPs were as far as 'quietness'. Can't wait to test them in the rain.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I've owned the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus for the past 54,000 miles. I love the tire and will be spending the money to get a new set within the next week. Yes, I pushed the tires too long... it was more of a dare from a friend to see how many miles I could safely get out of these tires and as I see some thread... safety has raised the flag and the car is parked until new rubbers are placed on her.

However, reaching the 45,000 mile mark wasn't an issue even with my aggressive, spirited, and overall faster than most driving style. The tires have reached over 140, been through deep snow, light snow, plenty of rain (got sketchy after meeting the 45,000 mile mark, when I couldn't drive the way they normally allowed in those conditions), and plenty of corners, straights and general speedy driving. The tires have been rotated/balanced every 6,000 miles as warranty requires and have only at the end here exhibited some vibration, hense reviewing the tires and noticing some thread.

I just thought I'd share my experience and let you know that the next set will again be the Pilot Sport A/S Plus... althought I was close to trying out the Primacy MXM4's since I could try them for 30 days and they'd save me $$. I just don't think they'll bring the grin to my face as the TL and Pilots have...
Old 09-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Q('.')=O

Quick question, after getting my DWS' installed this morning, I got home and noticed that the valve stems stick out pretty far, about twice as far as the stems on my previous tires. Is this normal for DWS'?
Here is a couple pics, I hope they do justice..

Do yall think they don't look too long?
If wanted, could I go back to discount tire and ask for shorter stems?
Old 09-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
I would-I think they look WAY too long.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Q('.')=O

^thanks for the tip. Luckily i got here just in time and they are going to change them to a much smaller size. They had to use extra long stems because apparently there is an area wide shortage of regular sized valve stems. Riiiight.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Team Owner

That seems odd. Mine did not stick out like that.

BTW....you are going to love them in the wet. They are the best tire I have ever owned in the rain. I hated getting rid of them. I will say that it has rained for the past 3 days here and the MXM4's have been pretty good.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Cruisin'

CONTIEXTREMES Are my next choice they seem to be the best bang for the buck.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:15 PM
WOT in the new ATLP V2s!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I went Conti Extreme DWS and love them. Quiet, smooth and great performance. Used them a few times at PDX driving events and they did fairly well.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Q('.')=O

Ok I've had my Conti DWS' for almost a month now. After driving on them for a few days I noticed the car was pulling heavily to the right and it couldn't be the alignment since I got it right after I got the new tires put on. So I switched the two front tires and it starting pulling to the left. We found out one of the tires was a bad tire and they replaced it. Other than that annoyance, the tires are great and the car drives straight as an arrow. I have yet to get to try them in wet weather though!

One thing I should add is, probably due to the softer sidewall, I do notice that when I turn like at a corner or in a roundabout it isn't as firm/stable to the ground as with my previous tires, so I know now to slow down when I approach something like that.

Last edited by imj0257; 10-02-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
IMJ, I got a Progress Rear Sway Bar to counteract that situation and wow, there's a big difference now. I don't even notice the soft side walls.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:06 PM
6th Gear

I just got the DWS today on my 2006 TL. What is the tire pressure that you guys recommend?? The guy at discount tire was wouldn't increase it past 32psi despite me asking him repeatedly if this tire needed more pressure?

Please advise.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:42 AM
Q('.')=O

I have DWS and air it up to 35 psi
Old 10-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by imj0257
I have DWS and air it up to 35 psi
I pump mine to 35psi as well. It'll ride more firm but you benefit from added mpg.

Quick Reply: New Continental Extreme Contact DWS or Mich Pilot A/S Plus?