Trunks Leaking and Other Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trunks Leaking and Other Issues?

Hey guys, figured i'd ask this since i've done a couple searches. Well I noticed the carpet getting wet after washing my car or a heavy rain. After taking out my subwoofer wires, I then saw that the bottom part of the rear seat was slightly damp as well. Water collects in the spare tire pit, and stays there. I don't know what to do as the gasket around the trunk seems fine.

Aside from that, I'm also having another issue with the seat memory. I know this probably has been answered, but my seat memory used to illuminate, now it doesn't anymore (mem1 and mem2). But before this, the button used to work fine, but forgot the settings in a couple days. I think the unit is completely dead now? Or is there anything I can do besides buying a new memory control unit.

Lastly, I've been having issues with cruise control. I mean the light turns on when the cruise button is pushed in, but the car isn't able to set and maintain a speed. I get nothing, usually it should of been instant, but I hardly ever use cruise control so it doesn't really bother me. But when I want to use it, I can't because it only works when it wants to. Is there anything I can do about these issues? Its an 04 and i'm already out of warranty. Thanks for any input.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Your mem buttons may have failed, ever open your windows when it was raining and get water to leak into the mem buttons?

Not too sure about the water in trunk issue.

In regards to cruise control. Does it set and then release almost immediately? I would check behind the gas pedal, possibly something behind there. I remember when I installed the Supercomputers pedals, I drove up to Kansas City, and had the same issues where it would set and then immediately release from Cruise, and sometimes it wouldnt even set, turns out there was some materials lodged which for some reason was wreaking havoc on cruise control
Old 09-17-2008, 08:13 PM
acura master tech

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
most likly it is the truck seal. also there have been problems with the rear gasket around the rear window.

the cruise control, if you and push the switch (set botton) and hold it and it sets then its the switch. if the lights are on and it wont set but sets with them off then one of the rear l.e.d borders are bad in the tail lights. now don't forget the brake switch, this will dissable the cruise if it is faulty.

the memory setting is controled by the drivers control unit. built into the window switchs. but since they dont light up most likly te switch.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Instructor

Thanks for the quick responses. I'll have to check out the pedals. The tail lights seem to be working fine though? But I did check and the rear windshield is loose, i'll try to get it resealed and see if the same issues are happening. Thanks again
Old 09-17-2008, 10:56 PM
acura master tech

Originally Posted by bpham
Thanks for the quick responses. I'll have to check out the pedals. The tail lights seem to be working fine though? But I did check and the rear windshield is loose, i'll try to get it resealed and see if the same issues are happening. Thanks again
the lights will work fine, but theres a seperate curcit that runs for the lights and brake lights. lights are dimmer then the brake lights
Old 09-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Instructor

Okay thanks again, just took a late drive to test it out. Seems that if I lift the brake pedal up and press the button it works fine, after a couple depresses you need to lift the brake pedal up again for the cruise control to engage. I tried it multiple times late tonight, and it works. I assume somethings stuck in the brake pedal?
Old 09-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
sticky brake pedal. When you release the brake, does it travel with your foot when you depress slowly? May just need to be lubricated so that it does not stick

Trending Topics

Old 09-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Instructor

not really, but when i press it from behind it seems to have some give. i'll need to take a closer look at it later today. thanks fulani
Old 09-18-2008, 11:15 PM
acura master tech

you could adjust the brake switch. just turn it it in more.just enoght to still see the white nipple. i use 3 sheets of paper to measure.