what other mods can we have Greddy make?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007 | 07:57 PM
8AT > 6MT

what other mods can we have Greddy make?

How bout an aftermarket strut tower bar where we don't have to switch the top hats so we can use the EDFC? or how bout some headers? or a turbo kit?
Old 09-03-2007 | 09:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Revolution SignWorks
How bout an aftermarket strut tower bar where we don't have to switch the top hats so we can use the EDFC? or how bout some headers? or a turbo kit?
i was gonna say aftermarket front strut bar!!!

The headers on the TL are cast on, so i don't think it'd be a good mod for Greddy to invest in. If anything, they can go for high flow cats, so people have the option of E-shift or Greddy.

turbo kit would be great, but as many have stated, the biggest problem is getting an engine management that'd work w/ the car. HOwever, i'm sure Greddy could afford the research!
Old 09-03-2007 | 09:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

DOWNPIPES!! With high flow cats!!! I would def. be down for these!

Turbo would be nice to see too
Old 09-03-2007 | 09:57 PM
Racer

WOW, the strut bar first of all isnt needed in the first place, and I own the greddy strut bar that is already out and its PERFECTLY FINE!, u dont need to swap out ANYTHING!!!!! for some gay reason this stupid subject pisses me off, buy the greddy and put it on, and do the 2 bolts, and ur strut bar will b fine, it works perfectly with mine.

Greddy needs to make a turbo kit that will also include an intercooler and the whole shibang
Old 09-03-2007 | 10:31 PM
8AT > 6MT

Originally Posted by Laxplaya11385
i was gonna say aftermarket front strut bar!!!

The headers on the TL are cast on, so i don't think it'd be a good mod for Greddy to invest in. If anything, they can go for high flow cats, so people have the option of E-shift or Greddy.

turbo kit would be great, but as many have stated, the biggest problem is getting an engine management that'd work w/ the car. HOwever, i'm sure Greddy could afford the research!
greddy can always piggy back an e-manage system...

from what i heard with the Greddy strut bar thats made for the honda accord, you have to get new strut top hats....stock strut bar uses 4 bolts, most aftermarket bars use 3-4 bolts....using 2 bolts seems to not stiffen up the chassis as much....

and i don't know why the subject pisses you off...maybe you need to lighten up
Old 09-03-2007 | 11:39 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

I'd say performance suspension and lower arm braces...
Old 09-08-2007 | 10:15 PM
8AT > 6MT

perhaps we can start a turbo petition? =D 25 members...500 dollar deposits...only if the kit runs under 4000 dollars and makes 100hp
Old 09-08-2007 | 11:10 PM
Cruisin'

perhaps we can start a turbo petition? =D 25 members...500 dollar deposits...only if the kit runs under 4000 dollars and makes 100hp

Count me in
Old 09-08-2007 | 11:19 PM
FizzyStatus!

Our cars with a BOV would be soooo sexy
Old 09-08-2007 | 11:53 PM
8AT > 6MT

Originally Posted by dlbuller
Count me in
if only they would be willing Twin turbo setup would be phat!
Old 09-09-2007 | 01:32 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

twin turbo... I just pissed my pants...

the thought is mind boggeling easily a 12 second car
Old 09-09-2007 | 09:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

my biggest concern for a turbo setup in this car is the fact that we can't get any type of manifold bolted to the car. Since our headers are cast onto the engine, we'd have to take out the engine, cut off the OEM headers, then weld on an exhaust manifold with, most likely, a top mount manifold (i think we should have enough room for that). Then, we'd need bigger fuel injectors.

Also, after reading Atrain's post, i don't know if our TL would be able to support more than, i'd say 8 psi, without swapping out some of the internals.
Old 09-09-2007 | 09:56 AM
8AT > 6MT

Originally Posted by Laxplaya11385
my biggest concern for a turbo setup in this car is the fact that we can't get any type of manifold bolted to the car. Since our headers are cast onto the engine, we'd have to take out the engine, cut off the OEM headers, then weld on an exhaust manifold with, most likely, a top mount manifold (i think we should have enough room for that). Then, we'd need bigger fuel injectors.

Also, after reading Atrain's post, i don't know if our TL would be able to support more than, i'd say 8 psi, without swapping out some of the internals.
when there's a will, there's a way....i dunno about that guys post...honda makes bullet proof engines...i say it'll handle up to 10psi
Old 09-09-2007 | 11:00 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

when there's a will, there's a way....i dunno about that guys post...honda makes bullet proof engines...i say it'll handle up to 10psi
Honda build bullet proof stock engines.

Atrains post is correct... Just cause he build Buicks or whatever doesn't mean what he says isn't true. You wannt push double digit boost you're gonna need a new bottom end.

Hell, dan-k just blew his head gasket/cracked his block with the CTSC using a HBP.
Old 09-09-2007 | 11:52 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by crazymonkeytl
WOW, the strut bar first of all isnt needed in the first place, and I own the greddy strut bar that is already out and its PERFECTLY FINE!, u dont need to swap out ANYTHING!!!!! for some gay reason this stupid subject pisses me off, buy the greddy and put it on, and do the 2 bolts, and ur strut bar will b fine, it works perfectly with mine.

Greddy needs to make a turbo kit that will also include an intercooler and the whole shibang
Sorry this gay topic pisses you off. People espousing incorrect information like they know what they're talking about pisses me off.

You must not have installed this bar yourself. I installed my Tein SS and Accord Greddy bar in the spring.

If you use the 2003 Accord bar (which is the only application that has been shown to fit) with the stock TL top hats, you can only use 1 mounting point... Like this:

Using one mounting point greatly reduces the structural strength of the bar...

You MUST install Accord top hats that have the 2 studs in the correct location, AND drill the hole to accomodate the 2nd mounting point to use the bar properly.

For the Greddy bar to be properly adapted, new mounting circles need to designed to accomodate the TL's 3 point mounts...
and the bar should be moved toward the firewall about 3 inches. The accord bar rides about 1/8 - 1/4 an inch from my intake manifold. It's so close, I can't install my engine cover. Mine rides even closer because the thermoblock spacers raise the manifold another 1/4 in. I removed that bolt you see and installed a stainless button head.

Here's some perspective:

Old 09-09-2007 | 01:06 PM
8AT > 6MT

well said kennedy...the thing is, stock uses 3 bolts for a reason, and when you only use one mounting point, well...you're reducing the structural stiffness of the whole thing...anyways...

as far as boost, everyone knows that the more boost you go, you should beef up the bottom end...also our cars are high compression so the more boost you go, you should also go with lower compression pistons. but most of the turbo kits that Greddy produces seem to make anywhere between 6psi and 8psi... Greddy assumes that when you buy their turbo kit, your engine is stock.
Old 09-09-2007 | 06:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

I still think we should start a petition for full downpipes (with 2 high flow cats)... imo we should start slowly building a relationship with Greddy since they just made us a catback exhaust. A turbo kit is a pretty big project, and not many TL owners will buy in fear of excessive engine/tranny wear. Pro Cats are just too much $ (and you can't buy the 1st two if its all you want), and I'm sure greddy can fabricate something better for even lower prices...

A downpipe makes much more sense right now since it's an easier project, and most likely will show greddy some nice profits from people who are looking to stay NA with basic bolt-ons like I/H/E... after Greddy sees that all of these simpler parts are making good sales, then perhaps things can move up the ladder... that's just my
Old 09-09-2007 | 06:53 PM
8AT > 6MT

^^i think that makes great sense...
Old 09-09-2007 | 10:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by HQTL6SPD
I still think we should start a petition for full downpipes (with 2 high flow cats)... imo we should start slowly building a relationship with Greddy since they just made us a catback exhaust. A turbo kit is a pretty big project, and not many TL owners will buy in fear of excessive engine/tranny wear. Pro Cats are just too much $ (and you can't buy the 1st two if its all you want), and I'm sure greddy can fabricate something better for even lower prices...

A downpipe makes much more sense right now since it's an easier project, and most likely will show greddy some nice profits from people who are looking to stay NA with basic bolt-ons like I/H/E... after Greddy sees that all of these simpler parts are making good sales, then perhaps things can move up the ladder... that's just my

well said, my friend...well said.
Old 09-09-2007 | 10:31 PM
8AT > 6MT

i think that it will be easy for everyone that purchased an exhaust to also purchase greddy headers...maybe it's a project that greddy will accept at the beginning of the year after we all get our exhausts
Old 09-10-2007 | 06:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

Yup and with Greddy's r&d, we will likely see gains instead of losses even if NA...
Old 09-10-2007 | 10:14 AM
Trucki!!

Well said! Lets get our exhausts, leave a good taste in GReddy's mouth, then start talks of the downpipes. It would be great if they offered another groupbuy on that product!
Old 09-11-2007 | 08:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

How is the whole exhaust thing going anyway? Did most people on the list buy? I'm eager to see a downpipe petition thread started!
Old 09-11-2007 | 10:16 PM
Racer

how about something similar to comptech's icebox
Old 09-29-2007 | 01:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Whoever it was that started Greddy up for building an exhaust:

Could you ask Greddy to make us some downpipes with high flow Cats? Or is it still too soon to ask?
Old 10-01-2007 | 08:26 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Whoever it was that started Greddy up for building an exhaust:

Could you ask Greddy to make us some downpipes with high flow Cats? Or is it still too soon to ask?
I agree, this would be a good next step (and one I would love to see), but probably too soon...wait until everyone gets their exhausts. That way, there's not only the positive response of sixty people buying initially, but there's the satisfaction of sixty people with the product. This generates more interest from others, as well as creates more interest among those initial sixty for more products. And more potential business is always good leverage when asking a company to make something.
Old 10-01-2007 | 11:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

Yea, i just wasn't sure where things were at with the exhaust. I thought people had them already, haven't kept up with that thread so idk...
Old 02-02-2008 | 08:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Maybe we can try this out now. Especially since there are others making downpipes, gives us more options and hopefully better prices
Old 02-02-2008 | 08:53 PM
Turd Polisher

Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
Our cars with a BOV would be soooo sexy
That's non-sense .. why don't we just get those pretend BOVs with the speaker and everything! rofl.

(I know you posted this like 5 months ago, but I thought it was funny seeing those on ebay)
Old 02-03-2008 | 12:58 AM
A-spec steering wheel ftw

honestly most of the posts are pretty much simplified to two categories

category 1: I WANT IT TO SOUND LOUDDDDDD AND GO FASSSTT

category 2: I WANT IT TO GO FASSST AND BE ABLE TO HANDLE IT

honestly the point where interests intersect is the desire to go faster, to satisfy everybody i think Greddy should really but the R&D into a good e-manage system. at this point this is the biggest cock block for everybody looking for "extra" options, because all we have is the CT S/C and then along with that is just minor mods.

e-manage would be great for ppl who are really into the performanc, dont mind that it "doesnt" sound fast and go for the brakes, suspension, strut bars etc etc because they want to make sure that everything will be alright and that the car'll handle it

e-manage would also be great for ppl who want access to even more possible R&D on things like turbos, piping, and would also be R&D-able and could have even more possibilities once a e-manage system comes out that could be specifically tuned for it

and my personal reason why i think e-manage would be great, is because the majority of us aren't like ACCURATEin and will put so much time/effort/money into the TL, else we could've just ended up buying a more expensive car (YES, i'm not including those who could've bought something more expensive, but bought the TL simply for the looks) -
ergo, we invest in small things, the TB spacers, the intake, A-spec kit, CT/Progress bars some go even a lil further and upgrade suspension, brakes, exhaust, muffler deletes - if there is a way to fabricate an e-manage system that is < $600-ish i'm pretty sure it'd be a sure buy

and i rambled way too long, sorry
Old 02-03-2008 | 08:32 AM
Three Wheelin'

^not a bad idea, if they made an NA reflash too that would = mad $$$$$$$$$ imo