Ported/Polished Upper Intake Manifold and Runners!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by swoosh
1> Andy does it....Keith does it...Throwdown performance sells pnp-ed runners for a lot of $$$....thisaznboi88 did his own runners and he might hook/help u....i got another set for myself done at a local shop which pnp heads and if you want, i can help you as well....

2> Well Andy's/Keith's/my local shop/thisaznboi88 prices depends on if you send them your stuff OR they buy it somewhere and what all your getting done by them and how good friends you are with them Since they are not Vendors, they cannot list prices on the website....PM them and i bet they will be more than happy to help you out

3> I believe the 7HP/15TQ was only for either the runners or the manifold....for both you should be around 10-12HP/15-20TQ....

hope that helped you bro....
Those numbers sound about right although there is no specific numbers fire these mods.. But id say 12~15 hp can be achieved with supporting mods like Jpipe and exhaust and pulley but these are guesses

Can't wait to go home , fedex delivered my manifold which is magnesium not aluminum and my runners , and ill be doing install tomorrow after work
When I get home I will post pics
Old 03-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese
Those numbers sound about right although there is no specific numbers fire these mods.. But id say 12~15 hp can be achieved with supporting mods like Jpipe and exhaust and pulley but these are guesses

Can't wait to go home , fedex delivered my manifold which is magnesium not aluminum and my runners , and ill be doing install tomorrow after work
When I get home I will post pics
YAY!!! I hope it works out for you bro.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts
1> Andy does it....Keith does it...Throwdown performance sells pnp-ed runners for a lot of $$$....thisaznboi88 did his own runners and he might hook/help u....i got another set for myself done at a local shop which pnp heads and if you want, i can help you as well....

2> Well Andy's/Keith's/my local shop/thisaznboi88 prices depends on if you send them your stuff OR they buy it somewhere and what all your getting done by them and how good friends you are with them Since they are not Vendors, they cannot list prices on the website....PM them and i bet they will be more than happy to help you out

3> I believe the 7HP/15TQ was only for either the runners or the manifold....for both you should be around 10-12HP/15-20TQ....

hope that helped you bro....
yes def did help....and yeah those numbers sound like its something def worth doing and with what I want to do then I would def be over 300whp with just simple bolt-ons I know I am close now with the new tune so with PNP runners/manifold it would do it and not to mention a nice bump in low end torque as well ......oh n swoosh when you say alot of $$$ for PNP runners what range are we speaking? like over$500 alot or less and is it basically a waste of money going with throwdown?

Originally Posted by thisaznboi88
if you need to do core exchange PM me. I have the accord IM which is the same as the 3.2 TL just different cover. I also have 2 spare set of runners now. Don't ask.. long story. I just picked up a TLS IM and going to polish that bad boy. Going to see if there is a local place that would let me bench flow it so I can see the before and after.

as far as gain. Your not going to get super high numbers, but you get more power throughout the powerband. That the most important and over look thing. Everyone wants 20hp but sometimes its at the cost of 10tq. HP is much easier to make then TQ.

is the 3.2 L the same as the 3.5L TL-S ??

You say you have the TL-S is that for the 07-08's or the 2g's TLS?

if its 07-08TLS and you are going to do them let me know if there are any buyers for it and I would love to see it get flow benched to see the difference.....
Old 03-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Safety Car

I have an 06 accord. The intake manifold is the same besides the manifold cover. mine says honda the gen3 TL says 3.2 Acura. Its the same material and same volume.

The TL-S i bought is from an 07 3.5. Its made out of magnesium. Its not the same as the accord or 3.2 TL gen3. I am not going to sell my TL-S I am going to deck the head, increase valve size 2mm exhaust and 1mm intake, TL-S cams, port and polished head on a flow bench, water/meth injection, and tune.Bottom end is a j32a3 block, pilot j37 forge crank, rods, RL forge piston = J36 stroker muahaah
Old 03-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Burning Brakes

I have an 06 accord. The intake manifold is the same besides the manifold cover. mine says honda the gen3 TL says 3.2 Acura. Its the same material and same volume.

The TL-S i bought is from an 07 3.5. Its made out of magnesium. Its not the same as the accord or 3.2 TL gen3. I am not going to sell my TL-S I am going to deck the head, increase valve size 2mm exhaust and 1mm intake, TL-S cams, port and polished head on a flow bench, water/meth injection, and tune.Bottom end is a j32a3 block, pilot j37 forge crank, rods, RL forge piston = J36 stroker muahaah
ah ok gotchu bro...sounds like a nice plan....much luck on the build!!

I guess I will keep searching around till I find a TLS pnp and swap it for mine!!! cuz right now I can't really afford downtime to send out the manifold as the car is my DD
Old 03-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Safety Car

Ask the op he had one f/s already pnp
Old 03-03-2012, 01:22 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
Originally Posted by BostonSilverTypeS
yes def did help....and yeah those numbers sound like its something def worth doing and with what I want to do then I would def be over 300whp with just simple bolt-ons I know I am close now with the new tune so with PNP runners/manifold it would do it and not to mention a nice bump in low end torque as well ......oh n swoosh when you say alot of $$$ for PNP runners what range are we speaking? like over$500 alot or less and is it basically a waste of money going with throwdown?

is the 3.2 L the same as the 3.5L TL-S ??

You say you have the TL-S is that for the 07-08's or the 2g's TLS?

if its 07-08TLS and you are going to do them let me know if there are any buyers for it and I would love to see it get flow benched to see the difference.....
I think throwdown performance sells the p2r runners for 700 odd bucks...cant find the thread (damn Scotch).....

and the manifold for the 3.2 and 3.5 ARE different....am pretty sure the 3.5 and the 09+ SHAWD have the same manifold (only different intake side opening)....i would like Andy or someone else back/correct this/ statement up....

yeah if thisaznboi88 can do an "exchange" for the manifold it will be sweeet to see....

PS: and i hate you for squatting my dreams....i wanted to be close to 300 with all the bolt on (ECU as well) on my 5AT Base....but you saying your close to it on your Type S, kills me !!!

dude that will be a KICK ASS built....i was thinking along the same lines....wanna do the cams/springs/retainers/fuel pump/bigger injectors/ECU now and then prolly next year get the water/meth+bottom end built....and another year down the line twarbo

ah ok gotchu bro...sounds like a nice plan....much luck on the build!!

I guess I will keep searching around till I find a TLS pnp and swap it for mine!!! cuz right now I can't really afford downtime to send out the manifold as the car is my DD
honeslty push thisaznboi88 to do the swap
Old 03-03-2012, 02:33 AM
Safety Car

I talked to Paul *NV6 or something can't remember the whole SN* about it. I also need LSD on my 6mt and 2-3 synchrons look like they need to get rebuilt... lol So lots of $$ to play.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Racer

I talked to Paul *NV6 or something can't remember the whole SN* about it. I also need LSD on my 6mt and 2-3 synchrons look like they need to get rebuilt... lol So lots of $$ to play.

Check the accord forums .. Theres a thread about a LSD for.the accord .. Jorge.. bpearl is checking out the.details for the lsd

As for me tonight is the second install and hoping all is .. I will be the first 8th gen accord.to have swapped manifolds for Pnp
I u though andys.work is fantastic.. 2 months ive been back and fourth with him and I will vouch for him on everything
Old 03-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 187 Likes on 147 Posts
Where in jersey you located?
Old 03-03-2012, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by InFaMouSLink
dont tell him....its a TRAP
Old 03-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Safety Car

Check the accord forums .. Theres a thread about a LSD for.the accord .. Jorge.. bpearl is checking out the.details for the lsd

As for me tonight is the second install and hoping all is .. I will be the first 8th gen accord.to have swapped manifolds for Pnp
I u though andys.work is fantastic.. 2 months ive been back and fourth with him and I will vouch for him on everything
No worries I have a parts list already. I will be using the acura TL 3.2 MT LSD. Also will be replacing the seals and what not since I am already down there.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by InFaMouSLink

Im from livingston and union

:X don't hurt me!
Old 03-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Safety Car

Its a trap!!
Old 03-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Lmao..
Old 03-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Sheldon does it better.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Racer

i did the install tonight and everything worked out first try no problems perfect everything

the car is much more noticeable on pickup.. i only messed with my first 3 gears on my 6mt and they pull so much better 2nd gear at 2500rpm to redline pulls me back

i am so happy about this install between my mods to help support this im happy

next thing im considering ... is the acura rdx injectors my buddy who did the install said with them injectors i would get full potential from my mods..

Anil .. dont remember im interested in that throttle body anyone know off hand the sizing of my OEm accord?.. anil i think your throttle body is 71/68 right?
Old 03-03-2012, 10:11 PM
03 acura cl type s

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
i did the install tonight and everything worked out first try no problems perfect everything

the car is much more noticeable on pickup.. i only messed with my first 3 gears on my 6mt and they pull so much better 2nd gear at 2500rpm to redline pulls me back

next thing im considering ... is the acura rdx injectors my buddy who did the install said with them injectors i would get full potential from my mods..

Anil .. dont remember im interested in that throttle body anyone know off hand the sizing of my OEm accord?.. anil i think your throttle body is 71/68 right?
Old 03-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Burning Brakes

I think throwdown performance sells the p2r runners for 700 odd bucks...cant find the thread (damn Scotch).....

PS: and i hate you for squatting my dreams....i wanted to be close to 300 with all the bolt on (ECU as well) on my 5AT Base....but you saying your close to it on your Type S, kills me !!!

honeslty push thisaznboi88 to do the swap

man $700 dats nuts........i see why no one gets that then

also I know how you feel...I feel same way about those that are 6mt with the TLS cuz with my mods I would be well over 300whp by now!!!

I am hating Gerzand cuz he now has a TLS 6mt and posting some crazy dyno numbers lol!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Safety Car

Where are you getting 700 bucks for p2r runners. Last time I saw it was 395 + shipping and maybe tax.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:04 AM

Yes, the injectors will help....I will be putting the RDX injectors in my car when the ECU arrives.....the are better as:
1> flow better
2> bigger
3> something about atomization (better spray)

Yes my TB is 71.xx/68.xx....you will see added gains with this....

man $700 dats nuts........i see why no one gets that then

also I know how you feel...I feel same way about those that are 6mt with the TLS cuz with my mods I would be well over 300whp by now!!!

I am hating Gerzand cuz he now has a TLS 6mt and posting some crazy dyno numbers lol!!!
yes this was like 2 years back....and Andy gave me a good deal on manifold+runners

i love that dude and hate him at the same time....i almost looked at type S 6MT....had to go back to my 5AT and tell her sorry and it wont happen again

Where are you getting 700 bucks for p2r runners. Last time I saw it was 395 + shipping and maybe tax.
yeah as i said this was ~2 years back....he told me ~600 for everything....and i asked him how much if i send my runners back in (core exchange) and he said i will give you $40 and you pay the shipping back to me....

it was simple, i passed....
Old 03-04-2012, 02:36 AM
Safety Car

Ahh got yah. I didn't see the 2 years ago part. Price seems to have come down, but its still a lot from p2r.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Racer

Yes, the injectors will help....I will be putting the RDX injectors in my car when the ECU arrives.....the are better as:
1> flow better
2> bigger
3> something about atomization (better spray)

Yes my TB is 71.xx/68.xx....you will see added gains with this....
your using the RDX injectors? whered u find them? i dont see much happening in the accord community with a ECU so i might have to skip that and go for the injectors.. than again im thinking about doing the injectors but i need more info on them . which is why i pmed u anil
Old 03-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts
The injectors wont do anything for you with your Z revision motor. You already have the new denso spray pattern and plenty of fuel with you boltons. Trust me on this.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:22 PM

your using the RDX injectors? whered u find them? i dont see much happening in the accord community with a ECU so i might have to skip that and go for the injectors.. than again im thinking about doing the injectors but i need more info on them . which is why i pmed u anil
No Sir i do not have bigger injectors....I bought em but will install em when i get my stage 2 cam....I agree with Andy, you do not need bigger injectors or upgraded fuel pump unless you get into the head or go FI....the stock ones are plenty good...
Old 03-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by gerzand
The injectors wont do anything for you with your Z revision motor. You already have the new denso spray pattern and plenty of fuel with you boltons. Trust me on this.
For now on when u say trust me I don't think I'll even doubt u or anything u say .. I love the HP jump Andy couldn't be happier its done , as I'm sure u are to lol .. But I want more power!

Gonna do some research today on throttle bodies .. Andy let me know if your interested in a helping hand
Old 03-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Safety Car

Finally got my TL-S IM. From the looks of it. There is very little casting marks compared to OP. So I am probably going to go over it with really high grid sand paper.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
^Do you have any pics, Ken?
Old 03-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Safety Car

Yes I do. Ill post up pix tomorrow. Its actually really smooth compared to the base TL and accord. Really smooth.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well, I got my pnp mani that I got from Andy installed on my 3g last night along with his old bored tb and Moores tb spacer. The only other mod on the car is the cai. I'm 1 of those ppl who collects parts for a rainy day, lol. I have hfpc's, jpipe and a pulley thats been sitting in my basement for 1-2 yrs..... The only reason I got the mani and tb on so fast is bc I sold my stock ones and the cai came on my car (well a diff 1 did, I sold it and put on a new 1 for the same reason). Well, I've been reading this thread allot as well as some others and got the impression that I wouldn't notice much until I free up my exhaust because they kind of hand and hand and the pnp supports the unrestricted exhaust..... Well, BS!!!!! I can't believe the difference it made!!!!! vtec almost feels like a small turbo in lower gears (it sets u back) and the CAI sounds like it's about to suck the filter straight through it along with any stray dog or cat that might be around! I noticed the gains as soon as I got out of my driveway under normal driving conditions, better throttle response and allot more pep and then really felt it when I leaned into it, can't believe how the vtec feels! This is a great mod and like I said, I haven't installed my jpipe or hfpc's but it is very hard for me to believe that I will feel this much gain from another mod.... very impessed! Thanks again Andy!!!!
Old 03-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Advanced

Just thought of something.... I think it was this thread page 2 but I could be wrong (going off memory not research, lol). But a member sold his mani that he got from Andy because he thought the extra power made his clutch slip. I was like no way and Idk why this just hit be but I think that instead of slippage it was probably the effects that the pnp has on the vtec that I just explained in my 1st post. When the vtec kicks in it is kick a## amazing so the difference in the power band could have gave the impression of the clutch was slipping up till the vtec kicked in..... follow me? Don't get me wrong, the pnp adds pwr to the whole pwr band, feels allot peppier but when the vtec kick in its a night and day difference. If you don't notice the vtec b4 you will after this and I guess I can see where 1 could feel as their clutch was slipping...... btw... my clutch has 233k miles on it and no slippage
Old 03-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

You talking about Totalacura and Ronjon757... TotalAcura replaced the clutch and has no problems with the PnP Mani.. RJ757 sold the car but he did remove the mani due to slipping clutch which he believed was caused by the PnP Mani..
Old 03-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Advanced

Idk and it may have been slippage. I'm not saying it wasn't but was hard for me to believe plus said it went away after removing. Imho it could have been the new very much stronger powerband (vtec) giving the illusion.

Last edited by corcraft; 03-08-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Safety Car

Too much power!! hahaha

PnP runners #3 for me. Using a TL-S runner. Same thing as the accord however it was less casting on it.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:40 PM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
andys Pnp are top my stock oem are bottom
That looks awesome. I have one comment though. They don't look the same (obviously). But meaning, the shape of the surrounding metal doesn't seem to match on both pieces. Am I missing something? Are they showing the same 'side' meaning, the manifold to runner or head to runner? Maybe that's why; it's showing different sides of the runner.

Last edited by Sonnick; 03-15-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Racer

they didn't fit first install so i had to get a new set
Old 03-15-2012, 04:43 PM
Racer

we didn't know both 3.5 engines aee different
Old 03-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts
really thinking both a manifold and runners are in my future. My spacer is 3-5 weeks away...
Old 03-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Racer

yo does anyone have a answer to this

when im on full throttle in 3rd sometimes 4th.. when i hit about 5500 rpm the car has like a halt for a moment while im on the gas and slows down.. nothing bad but its weird
Old 03-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Safety Car

hmmm like it the rpm stop climbing? and continues again? any CEL? are you doing it with VSA off?

Cause with my car the RPM keeps climbing in between shifts until it hits the speed governor,

Quick Reply: Ported/Polished Upper Intake Manifold and Runners!