Ported/Polished Upper Intake Manifold and Runners!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 05:50 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
^^^ hahahah aint that a bitch.....

EDIT: comment was for MayorMcCheese
Old 02-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 187 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by ethenol
port port port.......MPP
Further elaboration please lol
Old 02-21-2012, 06:10 PM

^^^ MPP = Moores Performance Parts....Methnol is Keith Moore

find him on my facebook, Alex...
Old 02-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

^ i know..
Old 02-21-2012, 06:15 PM

^^^ bishhh then y u ask....

sorry Alex, had to LOL
Old 02-21-2012, 06:16 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

I asked for further elaboration on his port port port not MPP BIATCH!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by swoosh
^^^ hahahah aint that a bitch.....

EDIT: comment was for MayorMcCheese

Biggest pain was installing everything having the issue .. Than having to re install everything .. Still had the issue and than having to go back oem lol
Old 02-21-2012, 06:24 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Cannot wait to install everything
Old 02-21-2012, 09:56 PM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I am so into this build after following from day one GERZAND u got pm playa. andy, and anil swoosh u guys are very knowledgeable menggg and alot of you others guys plenty to name Sonnick,Innac,etc the list goes on. But as I am saving to tackle everything at once since it doesnt make sense to do things piece by piece and have so much down time i rather more play time then down time but when I do the pnp mani+runners +tb mod come spring including updgrading to 440 injectors etc along with the jnr ecu tune this summer iz looking righttttttttttttttttt.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
Originally Posted by InFaMouSLink
those studs are easy to remove. the heads break off so easily that the body doesn't really have any pressure holding them in. see if you could grab them even with a fingernail to turn them.. if not, a screw driver, and then if not, broken screw remover from home depot for 5 bucks but thats last resort.. i found this out AFTER i bought the screw extractor and i forgot who i told this too and his was the same thing, he found out after buying the screw extractor.

Remove the cover and see if the body of the screw is showing above the manifold

Unless you talking about the 2 studs that have nuts and not the screws...
I was talking about the 2 studs. The one on the right middle broke.... Going to try to get some washer on and take it out. If not Vice grips. And if that doesn't work demel it so I can shove a flat head up its butt and screw it out. lol
Old 02-21-2012, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese
Biggest pain was installing everything having the issue .. Than having to re install everything .. Still had the issue and than having to go back oem lol
i know exactly what you mean....i had to go back to stock coz i started hearing some ticking noise

Originally Posted by GtMaxx
I am so into this build after following from day one GERZAND u got pm playa. andy, and anil swoosh u guys are very knowledgeable menggg and alot of you others guys plenty to name Sonnick,Innac,etc the list goes on. But as I am saving to tackle everything at once since it doesnt make sense to do things piece by piece and have so much down time i rather more play time then down time but when I do the pnp mani+runners +tb mod come spring including updgrading to 440 injectors etc along with the jnr ecu tune this summer iz looking righttttttttttttttttt.
I completely agree with you GTMaxx.....i have my full setup and planning on switching it up to something else (4G TL)....trying to see how everything will work out if I stay NA....

so actually wait until this spring/summer and i bet Andy will have his built ready and I might have my built ready (depending on tax $$$)

and depending on that you can go from there

PS: am honored to be placed besides Gerzand,Inaccurate,Sonnick...Thanks bro
Old 02-21-2012, 11:32 PM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

i know exactly what you mean....i had to go back to stock coz i started hearing some ticking noise

I completely agree with you GTMaxx.....i have my full setup and planning on switching it up to something else (4G TL)....trying to see how everything will work out if I stay NA....

so actually wait until this spring/summer and i bet Andy will have his built ready and I might have my built ready (depending on tax $$$)

and depending on that you can go from there

PS: am honored to be placed besides Gerzand,Inaccurate,Sonnick...Thanks bro
No prob swoosh ur my buddy mann reason why im saving and have almost everything ready im trying to decide wether to go s/c or stay n/a so before doing this pnp n tb bore i might want to increase the mm sizes for more air flow for a sc and I know ur hint 4g awd unknows parts shshhhhhh lol but reason im also patiently waiting is that when i visit rodney i can know how to get tuned for which setup i decide by spring.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:04 AM

^^^ i wudnt do a SC....

I cant get you a JnR Turbo kit with ECU (everything everything) for $7K tuned/out the door running 380whp....

Why would you spend $5K on SC and $1-2K on other mods (exhaust/jpipe/etc) and only be closer to 315-320whp ???

I am planing on staying NA and getting close to the 350whp mark....gonna be tough....but we will see

Will keep everyone posted....I have learned tons from this forum and only helps to give some back
Old 02-22-2012, 01:09 AM
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
What the pag dude, don't scare us newbies like that with ticking noises...

I'm sending Keith and George my parts later this week. Just got the P2R gaskets on time. I hope the 1/2" Moore's IM spacer will clear the hood with 2 P2R gaskets. They were a little thicker than I thought.

Do I need new hardware if installing an IM spacer, shit I forgot to ask Keith or he never answered the question?
Old 02-22-2012, 01:10 AM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

^^^ i wudnt do a SC....

I cant get you a JnR Turbo kit with ECU (everything everything) for $7K tuned/out the door running 380whp....

Why would you spend $5K on SC and $1-2K on other mods (exhaust/jpipe/etc) and only be closer to 315-320whp ???

I am planing on staying NA and getting close to the 350whp mark....gonna be tough....but we will see

Will keep everyone posted....I have learned tons from this forum and only helps to give some back

Your right, No way your getting a tuned turbo for 7K... Please include install labor, suspension, exhaust, mounts, (according to his Avatar "shifting", so clutch +labor, gauges, Meth.. For 7K, all your going to get is a turbo and ECU in several boxes...
Too many threads on that topic... Your getting ahead of yourself swoosh...

Last edited by InFaMouSLink; 02-22-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:17 AM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

And im not saying this cuz im doing a s/c build nor cuz i have anything bad to say about the turbo but im just realistic.. 7K will get you boxes of parts and thats it...
Old 02-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,985 Likes on 14,495 Posts
Wow, you guys are throwing a LOT of money at this car!
I don't think I'll ever be able to keep up.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Hacura
What the pag dude, don't scare us newbies like that with ticking noises...

I'm sending Keith and George my parts later this week. Just got the P2R gaskets on time. I hope the 1/2" Moore's IM spacer will clear the hood with 2 P2R gaskets. They were a little thicker than I thought.

Do I need new hardware if installing an IM spacer, shit I forgot to ask Keith or he never answered the question?
hahahaha not scaring you bro....just didnt install 1 bolt and started the car....heard some ticking noise and went back to stock when i realized i had missed out 1 bolt

did you get the TB spacer from moore or IM spacer from moore (Keith) ??? both are 2 different things

Your right, No way your getting a tuned turbo for 7K... Please include install labor, suspension, exhaust, mounts, (according to his Avatar "shifting", so clutch +labor, gauges, Meth.. For 7K, all your going to get is a turbo and ECU in several boxes...
Too many threads on that topic... Your getting ahead of yourself swoosh...
And im not saying this cuz im doing a s/c build nor cuz i have anything bad to say about the turbo but im just realistic.. 7K will get you boxes of parts and thats it...
WTF....such a big TYPO on my part !!!

I CAN GET YOU A TURBO KIT FOR 7K....actually 6200 with the ECU....

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=842601&page=2

I aint shitting u dude....so everything shipped/paypaled for 6200 (includes ECU)....tuned to 370-380whp.....

yes it does include EVERYTHING.....all you need to do is install it....even if you pay someone $800 to install your at 7000 bucks....

NO this will not break anything as your not pushing very very hard....your at only 370-380whp.....all you would need is a catback other than this kit....

Bert messed up the auto tranny and engine when he was closed to 450-470 whp....at 380 you will be fine

PS: i tend not to get ahead of myself but am right

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Wow, you guys are throwing a LOT of money at this car!
I don't think I'll ever be able to keep up.
dude we aint talking about painting bronze and silver here and there....GTFO

dont hate me Jer

Last edited by swoosh; 02-22-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

WTF....such a big TYPO on my part !!!

I CAN GET YOU A TURBO KIT FOR 7K....actually 6200 with the ECU....

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=842601&page=2

I aint shitting u dude....so everything shipped/paypaled for 6200 (includes ECU)....tuned to 370-380whp.....

yes it does include EVERYTHING.....all you need to do is install it....even if you pay someone $800 to install your at 7000 bucks....

NO this will not break anything as your not pushing very very hard....your at only 370-380whp.....all you would need is a catback other than this kit....

Bert messed up the auto tranny and engine when he was closed to 450-470 whp....at 380 you will be fine

PS: i tend not to get ahead of myself but am right
Anil, Its gonna cost more than $800 for the turbo install. Shops charge roughly 800 just for a clutch install and a turbo install requires removing alot more and drilling into the oil pan, running new oil and fuel lines.... Excelerates has a ballpark of 14-16hrs of labor for the install.. And your right, you could get him a turbo for 6200 with ecu... and Like i said, thats all he is getting for 7K... There are so many associated cost with EVERY mod we do to our cars especially going FI... Like i said, Add the price of custom exhaust, a/f gauge, oil pressure, fuel pressure, IAT(not needed) suspension, new clutch plus install plus a RE-TUNE for your specific area, and if it gets too hot add a meth kit, YOUR LOOKING AT WAY MORE THAN 7K. Why would anyone skip out on all the above.. Do it right or dont do it all ( WITHIN YOUR PRICE RANGE)...

And the turbo GB, last post was on 1/11/12 and still no one has bit... ITs a hell of a good price for the kit... Too bad its not a finished installed price.. Like Rockstar said, WE DO shell out too many money into our cars. IF you got it, do it!!!! I just cant see MYSELF spending another 10K on just a turbo... 5k for a completely installled TUNED USED S/C YES!!!!, 10K no....

And im saying all this just so they are aware of the costs included... Even though its been repeated a million times over.. I'M not trying to sell anyone anything . Im just spitting out REAL Prices... You stated you could get him a tuned turbo making 380WHP out the door for 7K RUNNING... How long will it last on a OEM clutch? No monitoring? Oh, and dont forget to add $100 for the Knock monitor!!!

Last edited by InFaMouSLink; 02-22-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
More bad information. It is going to cost WAY more than $800 to do it a turbo install. Even without the supporting hardware the labor alone will be at least double if not triple that cost depending on who does it.

Shit, just the air filter setup cost me almost $200 and that's NOT included in the kit.

Last edited by KN_TL; 02-22-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:39 PM

Anil, Its gonna cost more than $800 for the turbo install. Shops charge roughly 800 just for a clutch install and a turbo install requires removing alot more and drilling into the oil pan, running new oil and fuel lines.... Excelerates has a ballpark of 14-16hrs of labor for the install.. And your right, you could get him a turbo for 6200 with ecu... and Like i said, thats all he is getting for 7K... There are so many associated cost with EVERY mod we do to our cars especially going FI... Like i said, Add the price of custom exhaust, a/f gauge, oil pressure, fuel pressure, IAT(not needed) suspension, new clutch plus install plus a RE-TUNE for your specific area, and if it gets too hot add a meth kit, YOUR LOOKING AT WAY MORE THAN 7K. Why would anyone skip out on all the above.. Do it right or dont do it all ( WITHIN YOUR PRICE RANGE)...

And the turbo GB, last post was on 1/11/12 and still no one has bit... ITs a hell of a good price for the kit... Too bad its not a finished installed price.. Like Rockstar said, WE DO shell out too many money into our cars. IF you got it, do it!!!! I just cant see MYSELF spending another 10K on just a turbo... 5k for a completely installled TUNED USED S/C YES!!!!, 10K no....

And im saying all this just so they are aware of the costs included... Even though its been repeated a million times over.. I'M not trying to sell anyone anything . Im just spitting out REAL Prices... You stated you could get him a tuned turbo making 380WHP out the door for 7K RUNNING... How long will it last on a OEM clutch? No monitoring? Oh, and dont forget to add $100 for the Knock monitor!!!
Originally Posted by KN_TL
More bad information. It is going to cost WAY more than $800 to do it a turbo install. Even without the supporting hardware the labor alone will be at least double if not triple that cost depending on who does it.

Shit, just the air filter setup cost me almost $200 and that's NOT included in the kit.
common reply ftw

if you cannot install the turbo yourself, you shudnt be getting the turbo kit....Period.

so many things break/need fixing and if you do not know what went wrong you will spend more than 10K just getting things fixed....

KN_TL you do fail at reading....there was no bad information (forget the more part).....the point there was can you or can you not get the turbo kit for less than 7K....a used SC kit cost what 4K ? and gains what 50-70 horses....and for 6.2K you get a NEW turbo kit and gain more than 100 hp....and you can almost push for another 100 horses but risk breaking things....

you do the math on hp per $.....

even when you think about staying NA....that can get very very expensive as well....just cams+springs+retainers cost 2000 bucks....and if you dont know how to install them there goes another 1000-1200 bucks (assuming) getting them installed.....

DIY does seem the only way if your on a budget....

so the choice is yours:

staying NA:
port and polish of heads - $600 (how much my guy is charging me)
cams+springs+retainers - $2000
All bolt on mods (full exhaust/intake/pulley/port n polish/TB/spacer/injectors/everything) - $4000
ECU - $1200

Total comes to say $8000....you gain ~125 horses (stock 5AT is at 210 and you get to 340-ish)

turbo:
kit - 6200
custom catback exhaust - 1000 (ranges from 500-1500 so took an average)
other supporting mods - 1000

Total comes to say $8500 (stock 5AT is 210 and the kit comes tuned to 360-370hp and can be tuned into 400's)

Infamouslink if you can post the same breakdown for the SC.....

Last edited by swoosh; 02-22-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Safety Car

Whatever dude, you post what YOU think is right...Everyone else who has done this either DIY or done by someone else know better. For someone who hasn't done it knows a lot about what it takes.

Count how many people have done the turbo themselves......I may be the only one and I had the luxury of having my ride down for a couple months.

EDIT: bmeyer is another. But he's not here much anymore for obvious reasons.....

Last edited by KN_TL; 02-22-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:58 PM

dude, dont come with that arrogance....if there is some misinformation CORRECT IT without saying stuff like "Whatever dude, you post what YOU think is right"....coz that doesnt fix anything....correct me and i can learn as well.....

btw 1 (you) out of 4 turbos were DIY....so that makes it what 25%....which is cool....you might have paid wayyy more that 6200 for the turbo kit since you were one of the first people to get it....as you know first in technology has to pay more....

heck i paid $600 for the original iphone which was 8gb....and 1 year down the line they were selling for $200.....so i paid 3x the price for something which wasnt even awesome (i bet more people will pay 600 bucks for the 4s)....

so my point being, lets not turn this into another argument....its my mistake i brought in FI in this port and polish thread....but correct me where am wrong and i can learn....
Old 02-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Safety Car

There are more than 4 turbo's just installed by Rodney himself (one is unfortunately in a billion pieces).

Never said anything about what I paid. We're talking about the cost beyond the initial cost. I have no regrets about what I paid. It got Rodney going and was happy to help him out. There are a few of us who have just about everything he has produced.

Nuff said, carry on.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:17 PM

^^^ so you just come here to brag and point fingers eh ? your still not supporting your own statement....

and the cost beyond the initial install comes from parts breaking and replacing and maintenance items.....and this comes from trial and error....constantly trying to push beyond the limit of car and turbo and the parts themselves....

about supporting Rodney, we we both have done our part i guess....and rocking everything which Rodney has, guess you just have deeper pockets than most of us on Azine....
Old 02-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,985 Likes on 14,495 Posts
this thread has derailed into a wall...
you guys should all join forces...imagine the good that would come from that!

now off to my baby modding school to pick new colors to spray paint sht...
The following users liked this post:
Acura TL Builder (06-28-2020)
Old 02-22-2012, 01:27 PM

^^^

bro you car looks gorgeous

about the derail yeah, these FI guys suck

Alex,
check this link out...2011 AWD Manifold and Cover for $400
http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...All&vinsrch=no
Old 02-22-2012, 03:14 PM
18psi

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts
swoosh talks so much shit and gets the most arrogant poster award. as soon as i heard your voice i knew why

guy thinks just because an ecu comes with a tune your ready to go LMAO. for someone who doesnt even have the turbo you sure do talk a lot. stfu already

stick to what you know...how to make your exhaust sound raspy as fuk
Old 02-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

$400 for the manifold is not a bad deal but the 80mm inlet still needs some support and thats where the AWD TB comes into play 80/70 stock..

Anil,

Kn_TL knows exactly what he is talking about. It cost him close to 2K installing it himself rather than having someone else do it plus his car was down for SEVERAL months.. I read his install thread and it list all he spent on tools and even how much it cost him to have someone drill and weld the oil fitting into his oil pan... he is right when he says you DONT know what your talking about in prices and associated cost. JR TURBO is not a DIY kind of thing. Excelerate is a JR TURBO VENDOR and he charges standard hr rate of 105-115 i believe at 14-16 hours of labor using shop lifts and the infinite amount of tools... imagine a shop that never seen a J32A3 turbo how long it would take.... Gauges are 200 piece and at minimum you need 4 plus a pillar plus install (welding Bung of A/F is another $30-50). KN_TL did not need to correct you for anything cuz everything was already in my post.. I work on my car... I have done everything myself to include my tranny which requires taking off the subframe and basically everything underneath the car and suspension.. the Turbo is not removing an Intake Manifold or changing side markers. installing cams are not easy either and they also require special tools. Andy can chime in as he got the bisi and I have Type S cams.

Heres a real price break down of the JR Turbo kit.

6200 - Turbo + ECU close-enough tuned
1600-2000 - Install labor alone
1000 - gauges installed (AF/Oil/Fuel/boost)
200 - air filter
600-1000 - Custom exhaust
1300 - New CM clutch or 1800 Tilton clutch or 450 new PP and P2r disc + 800-1000 labor
500 - Re-tune due to location
1000 - suspension
800 GOOD tires

USUALLY no one goes from 100% stock straight to FI so you might already have suspension, tires. Exhaust MAYBE if fully custom 3in!!!

= Over 10K without install / 12K with install

Heres the price of a S/C build tuned.

2700 - Used S/c - This is a DIY!
300 - missing bolts and maybe custom air filter/new belt/ hoses
1300 ECU or 600 FIC - Atleast an FIC recommended if going for power
600 - Bigger fuel pump and injectors - If going for more power
500 Real tune
1300 - New CM clutch or 1800 Tilton clutch or 450 new PP and P2r disc + 800-1000 labor - Not always needed but recommended
400 - Meth kit ( hot weather)
400 - Boost and AF gauge installed
600-1000 - custom exhaust
600 - jpipe + precats installed
Suspension AND/OR tires 800-1800 (torque on turbo is alot more than the s/c at lower RPMS so you need both for turbo to put the power on the ground, for s/c - Cars already moving when power builds so tires would be best)

I work on my own car so S/c install and clutch install was $0.
USUALLY no one goes from 100% stock straight to FI so you might already have suspension, tires, jpipe, precats, exhaust that will work with s/c (Any AF exhaust should work)

Since i was already a Bolted-up 6mt (for the past 2 years) and already installed my CM stage3 clutch, my total cost is roughly 5K. For someone coming stock - 7.5K installed

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-performance-parts-modifications-112/turbo-supercharger-my-06-tl-830834/

Originally Posted by Hi speed
To add to it 110+ WHP is with just the SC and opened up exhaust ( hi flow cats, no 3rd and a ATLP CB ). I wasn't running meth or injectors or even a Fic much less the J&R ECU, just the Comptech black box. With the options now available the SC isn't going to disappoint.
Potential for the s/c is completely different. The old time s/c'ed guys have moved on to turbo or different cars. Now we have a tuning solution that was the major defect of the s/c before...

Back to the Porting, Polishing, and Matching please...

Last edited by InFaMouSLink; 02-22-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by libert69
swoosh talks so much shit and gets the most arrogant poster award. as soon as i heard your voice i knew why

guy thinks just because an ecu comes with a tune your ready to go LMAO. for someone who doesnt even have the turbo you sure do talk a lot. stfu already

stick to what you know...how to make your exhaust sound raspy as fuk
damn wrote a whole post but didnt wanna take the same route you took with personal attacks....

I respect your knowledge and your effort with the turbo Bert....and am here to learn....if i get the turbo kit i would DIY....infact had a conversation with Rodney and he was telling me if I come down to FL, he will have the turbo installed/tuned everything setup for the same price i listed above....

anyway this is not an FI thread so lets not discuss about it....and about the exhaust, trial and error dude....just like with your high stall torque converter its funny you never posted in this thread until now....guess someone asked you to chime in .....

i respect you, dont ruin that for me ....it might not mean a lot to you but you do come across like a stand up guy (as Rodney says).....

$400 for the manifold is not a bad deal but the 80mm inlet still needs some support and thats where the AWD TB comes into play 80/70 stock..

Anil,

Kn_TL knows exactly what he is talking about. It cost him close to 2K installing it himself rather than having someone else do it plus his car was down for SEVERAL months.. I read his install thread and it list all he spent on tools and even how much it cost him to have someone drill and weld the oil fitting into his oil pan... he is right when he says you DONT know what your talking about in prices and associated cost. JR TURBO is not a DIY kind of thing. Excelerate is a JR TURBO VENDOR and he charges standard hr rate of 105-115 i believe at 14-16 hours of labor using shop lifts and the infinite amount of tools... imagine a shop that never seen a J32A3 turbo how long it would take.... Gauges are 200 piece and at minimum you need 4 plus a pillar plus install (welding Bung of A/F is another $30-50). KN_TL did not need to correct you for anything cuz everything was already in my post.. I work on my car... I have done everything myself to include my tranny which requires taking off the subframe and basically everything underneath the car and suspension.. the Turbo is not removing an Intake Manifold or changing side markers. installing cams are not easy either and they also require special tools. Andy can chime in as he got the bisi and I have Type S cams.

200 - air filter
1300 - New CM clutch or 1800 Tilton clutch or 450 new PP and P2r disc + 800-1000 labor
1000 - suspension
800 GOOD tires

USUALLY no one goes from 100% stock straight to FI so you might already have suspension, tires. Exhaust MAYBE if fully custom 3in!!!

500 Real tune
1300 - New CM clutch or 1800 Tilton clutch or 450 new PP and P2r disc + 800-1000 labor - Not always needed but recommended
Suspension AND/OR tires 800-1800 (torque on turbo is alot more than the s/c at lower RPMS so you need both for turbo to put the power on the ground, for s/c - Cars already moving when power builds so tires would be best)

USUALLY no one goes from 100% stock straight to FI so you might already have suspension, tires, jpipe, precats, exhaust that will work with s/c (Any AF exhaust should work)

Since i was already a Bolted-up 6mt (for the past 2 years) and already installed my CM stage3 clutch, my total cost is roughly 5K. For someone coming stock - 7.5K installed

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=830834

Potential for the s/c is completely different. The old time s/c'ed guys have moved on to turbo or different cars. Now we have a tuning solution that was the major defect of the s/c before...

Alex,
this is something i honestly love about u....u explain the point without getting personal and saying "fuck u" and ohhh "i have a turbo, you dont so you wont know" and shit like that....

there are some topics which you guys know a ton more about and some topic i know a lot about.....tranny for example....I have tried to read read and read and still dont know how the fuck it works....5AT or 6MT.....

but am here to learn....

either way your basically saying a cost of 4K on top of the material in either case (S/C and Turbo KIT).....i would still go for the turbo kit....and that is what i was telling....i was not counting the suspension/tires ($1000-1300) expense....add that up and your and my figures do get very close....

anyway back to porting and polishing.....and sorry for that controlled rant....never used my backspace soo many times....
Old 02-22-2012, 04:29 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

12K turbo vs 8K S/c - Stock TL's.
12K t vs 6K s/c - Already modded TL.

Your money, Your choice...

Have you heard back from George @maxbore? i need to send in my TB already to get bored out...
Old 02-22-2012, 04:33 PM

phew calmed down and wanted to post something here:

Quote from your prev post Alex....

1000 - gauges installed (AF/Oil/Fuel/boost) - you can get all the gauges on your phone...so lets leave this out....
200 - air filter
1300 - New CM clutch or 1800 Tilton clutch or 450 new PP and P2r disc + 800-1000 labor - only for MT right ?....AT you can go for a high stall converter but i doubt you will need it if your keeping her at 360-370....and not tracking your car, just Daily Driving....
1000 - suspension
800 GOOD tires
for NA:
All bolt on mods (full exhaust/intake/pulley/port n polish/TB/spacer/injectors/everything) - $4000
ECU - $1200
Re-Tune - $500 - Re-tune due to location

For SC as you mentioned:
500 Real tune
so if you add up:
$9100-$9500 for turbo @370-ish hp + (as in you can tune it up but risk breaking things)
$7400 for SC @330-ish hp
$8300 for NA @330-ish hp

with a common cost of $1800 for suspension/tires as you mentioned....and $1300 for clutch.....

all I was asking GTMaxx was look into all the cost and see....i would suggest either getting a turbo or just staying NA....

Last edited by swoosh; 02-22-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:36 PM

12K turbo vs 8K S/c - Stock TL's.
12K t vs 6K s/c - Already modded TL.

Your money, Your choice...

Have you heard back from George @maxbore? i need to send in my TB already to get bored out...
havent heard anything back from him....your on your own buddy....
Old 02-22-2012, 04:44 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

phew calmed down and wanted to post something here:

Quote from your prev post Alex....

for NA:
ECU - $1200
Re-Tune - $500 - Re-tune due to location

For SC as you mentioned:

so if you add up:
$9100-$9500 for turbo @370-ish hp + (as in you can tune it up but risk breaking things)
$7400 for SC @330-ish hp
$8300 for NA @330-ish hp

with a common cost of $1800 for suspension/tires as you mentioned....and $1300 for clutch.....

all I was asking GTMaxx was look into all the cost and see....i would suggest either getting a turbo or just staying NA....
If you just wanted a s/c to make 330HP AT is only around 5K. 04accordcoupe sold his kit ready to install for $4000 and he made 347WHP,300tq.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ercharger+sale
His kit and MSRP
-- comptech supercharger kit ($4000)
-- custom alum radiator, made by Griffen (embossed). outlet hose relocated to middle, which will not kink the hose against the blower housing (like stock unit) and also has twice the cooling capacity ($750)
-- AEM fi/c 1910 ($330)
-- AEM extension harness ($125)
-- parts/labor to have harness wired to be 100% PnP and allow full vtec control ($125)
-- rsx-s 310cc injectors ($150-$200)
-- AEM Digital wideband gauge with bosch sensor ($180)
-- AEM Digital boost gauge ($150)
-- AEM Digital oil temp gauge ($150)
-- AEM Digital oil/fuel press gauge ($200)
-- AEM water/meth injection kit ($340)
-- custom SS bracket for meth pump ($50 material/labor)
-- WW resevoir plumbed for meth/water and low level indicator ($50 labor)
-- custom CAI that will accommodate massive 5x9 AEM dryflow filter for maximum performance and not to mention maximum supercharger whine :wink: ($110 for tubing, couplings, and filter)
-- tune from church auto ($200) same tune ive been running on for over 2 years now.

You want a supercharger to make more power and be tuned it'd be around 7.5K. How much is really unknown as no one has done a fully built s/c with tune.. I mean jr ecu or FIC, new injectors fuel assembly meth and maybe running HBP as tuning is no longer a problem... Opel is running around 380WHP still on ACM and stock exhaust but lowered compression on his motor... He runs 6-7lbs of boost and meth and hasnt even done any cooling mods... Add the free UCM, and the ability to actually TUNE his car, and we'd have a problem. He blew up two motors due to lack of tuning... i'll let you know how much one makes in a couple of months lol

Last edited by InFaMouSLink; 02-22-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:47 PM

If you just wanted a s/c to make 330HP AT is only around 5K.

You want a supercharger to make more power and be tuned it'd be around 7.5K. How much is really unknown as no one has done a fully built s/c with tune.. I mean jr ecu or FIC, new injectors fuel assembly meth and maybe running HBP as tuning is no longer a problem... Opel is running around 380WHP still on ACM and stock exhaust but lowered compression on his motor... He runs 6-7lbs of boost and meth and hasnt even done any cooling mods... Add the free UCM, and the ability to actually TUNE his car, and we'd have a problem. He blew up two motors due to lack of tuning... i'll let you know how much one makes in a couple of months lol
I thought OPEL did have a custom exhaust....he was helping me built mine but my shop started getting greedy....and not many options with shops (who work on imports) here in KS....if you had a mustang/corvette TONS of shops....

either way, i would love to see you full built and hence subscribed to your thread....
Old 02-22-2012, 05:40 PM
Mom why is there two?

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but....... I believe max bore also taper bores the TB. Check your throttle bodies 70 to stock bore the and back taper. It is'nt a tru 70 thru... And blades are not new they are just respun on a lath to look new!! Again correct me if I am wrong I have tried to make a tru 70 and 71 bore...
Old 02-22-2012, 05:47 PM

^^^ you are correct Keith....the TB is 71mm on the intake side and tapers to 68mm on the manifold side....

The butterfly does look new as it covers the bore perfectly as the TB went from 66mm to 71mm....there isnt a 5mm gap in there....
Old 02-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Mom why is there two?

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I still don't think he is making new blades because is a solid model design the blades have a 3 degree or somethin like that to seat in the barrel correctly and then taper back to flat on the sides next to the blade shaft... center barrel shaft sides....... It has to be in a solid model to wire cut it!!!!! This is a non machinable part. This is either a stamped piece from a dye or .... I dont know!!! From a cad and machinist stand point it makes no sense!!!!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:27 PM

^^^ you could be right....but this is what he told me (could be a businessman talking, i do tend to trust people quickly).....

"I bore the TB and replace the butterfly with a 68mm one"

now i dont know why its 68mm and why not 69mm or 67mm....but thats what went on when we exchanged couple emails....well, does it make a difference ?
Old 02-22-2012, 06:27 PM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

Anil,

200 - air filter
1000 - suspension
800 GOOD tires

500 Real tune

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=830834

mmm Infamous link u really inspired me to look into the s/c setup as I followed your thread since going thru the CM clutch progression as I am 6mt and have the same goal in mind do it once and do it right like you. Ive been following since i lived in bk I might go s/c during summer since its more cost effective compared to a turbo setup and reliabilty if wanted to daily drive.For now im speaking with gerzand in just doing the pnp mods and tb bored.Swoosh thnx as you know im 6mt already have j pipe mounts etc and in FL a hr away from rodney so the ecu tune hook up will help out and also the opinion on going turbo lol. I came from a 04 ev0 8 2yrs ago before my 05 5at TL(rip) to that car so trying to regain that throw me bck into the car seat feel.Im going to stay n/a for now while upgrading certain parts to prep for a s/c while not going into the motor plenty of times. All u guys are a great help and follow the threads as I learn from u guys mistakes so dumb questions are not asked and helps for me to not spend money twice since im not rich. Cant wait for the meets

Last edited by GtMaxx; 02-22-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Ported/Polished Upper Intake Manifold and Runners!