Acurazine's first True Dual Exhaust on the 3G TL - (Updated Vids-Pg. 4)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 09:42 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Come on over anytime-we'll do the coolant bypass on the Type S.
I have some plans tomorrow....we can do it on Thursday

Originally Posted by av2600
this is awesome
Thanks bro....

Gonna take some more videos as I feel the exhaust has toned down a bit, or my ears are just used to the sound
Old 08-23-2011, 10:24 PM
2006 6spd

Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts
i think you need resonators before more mufflers.... arn't resonators made for rasp and mullfers made for tone?... heard it in person though could feel it in my chest like bass sounded strong (I liked that)... minus the rasp and you'll be on the money!...lol no pun intended...
The following users liked this post:
swoosh (08-23-2011)
Old 08-23-2011, 10:24 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Thats a great setup having a true dual exhaust is the only way to go if you want to maximize performance

im not known on this forum im over on my8thgen and Da.net but i wanted to chime in on this cause i love the true dual exhaust look.

after i listened to the video it does have rasp but i thought wouldn't some of that go away once it has a break in period? you need to take it to a dyno im very curious what whp u gained

this is something i cant wait to do but so expensive
swoosh (08-23-2011)
Old 08-23-2011, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by TL Luver
i think you need resonators before more mufflers.... arn't resonators made for rasp and mullfers made for tone?... heard it in person though could feel it in my chest like bass sounded strong (I liked that)... minus the rasp and you'll be on the money!...lol no pun intended...
kinda but not exactly dude....mufflers are kinda bigger resonators....I have a little idea plus am actually PM-ing with another member who has some expertise around this area....I should have an updated version in couple days another reason why i dont wanna add resonators coz it might add some restriction

Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese
Thats a great setup having a true dual exhaust is the only way to go if you want to maximize performance

im not known on this forum im over on my8thgen and Da.net but i wanted to chime in on this cause i love the true dual exhaust look.

after i listened to the video it does have rasp but i thought wouldn't some of that go away once it has a break in period? you need to take it to a dyno im very curious what whp u gained

this is something i cant wait to do but so expensive
true true and true

i can feel the gains....honestly....but my buttometer has been known to lie LOL....i will be putting her on the dyno and taking her to a track in the next couple weeks....(waiting for just 2 more mods and am DONE with performance except for the ECU LOL)....

and yes the rasp has toned down....I recently had my girl drive the car by me and it sounded very nice....still has rasp and drone but something I can live with but dont wanna live with it....

as I mentioned couple more days and I should have an updated version....
justnspace (08-25-2011)
Old 08-24-2011, 07:36 AM
Drifting

Received 407 Likes on 338 Posts
swoosh. try 2 of these, they sound nice and turn lots of rasp into an "air" sound....like a swoosh-ing if you will...

somewhere between $17-35 a piece. dunno if they have a muffler you would need inlet/outlet design though. worth a shot if you want it done cheaply
http://www.jegs.com/p/Cherry-Bomb/Ch...69809/10002/-1
swoosh (08-24-2011)
Old 08-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
dude i dunno how i missed this thread...im late but niiiiiiiice job.

you are the first one on acurazine to post lol but acktl has a one piece custom built true dual system starting from the precats and ending with the tips lol along with a supercharger n 3.6 L engine...now that shits LOUD

i love how yours sounds man with the resonator it should be perfect
swoosh (08-24-2011)
Old 08-24-2011, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by veggiemonster
swoosh. try 2 of these, they sound nice and turn lots of rasp into an "air" sound....like a swoosh-ing if you will...

somewhere between $17-35 a piece. dunno if they have a muffler you would need inlet/outlet design though. worth a shot if you want it done cheaply
http://www.jegs.com/p/Cherry-Bomb/Ch...69809/10002/-1
i dont have room down there for 2 of these LOL...i am going a little modified route....stay tuned

Originally Posted by mrlal8
dude i dunno how i missed this thread...im late but niiiiiiiice job.

you are the first one on acurazine to post lol but acktl has a one piece custom built true dual system starting from the precats and ending with the tips lol along with a supercharger n 3.6 L engine...now that shits LOUD

i love how yours sounds man with the resonator it should be perfect
resonators are actually my last resort....i love how the exhaust flows....but yeah the sound is getting toned down....gotta post some more videos up....

btw can you post the link to Ack's built ?
justnspace (08-25-2011)
Old 08-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
try a single, larger mid muffler between both pipes, with chambers to slow down the speed of the exhaust gas but with minimum back pressure loss. It will work similar to a ported speaker box that lower the frequency of the sound exiting the ports and in turn, eliminating rasp. A straight flow exhaust will be louder because the gasses are exiting quicker, just slow it down with the a custom mid muffler. Its like "H" pipes on the muscle cars to equalize pressure. You also have to bare in mind the power to weight ratio for the setup.
Oh, and I forgot to say that Im impressed. Its because of people like you, that make the sacrifice to go over the top and lay the grounds for others to learn from.

Last edited by Splke; 08-24-2011 at 12:56 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Splke:
justnspace (08-24-2011), swoosh (08-24-2011)
Old 08-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Drifting

well aren't you a little bummer man.

hurry up son.
we are waiting....
swoosh (08-24-2011)
Old 08-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by swoosh
btw can you post the link to Ack's built ?
he doesnt have a thread lol i know him pretty well and live close to him so ive taken a ride in the car ...its a beast fast as fuck
Old 08-24-2011, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Splke
try a single, larger mid muffler between both pipes, with chambers to slow down the speed of the exhaust gas but with minimum back pressure loss. It will work similar to a ported speaker box that lower the frequency of the sound exiting the ports and in turn, eliminating rasp. A straight flow exhaust will be louder because the gasses are exiting quicker, just slow it down with the a custom mid muffler. Its like "H" pipes on the muscle cars to equalize pressure. You also have to bare in mind the power to weight ratio for the setup.
Oh, and I forgot to say that Im impressed. Its because of people like you, that make the sacrifice to go over the top and lay the grounds for others to learn from.
Firstly...thanks

On onto the topic....i had 2-3 setups in mind and since you know what you are talking about here it is....

1> H-pipe: if you see my setups it is:
PCD's -- X merge + muffler -- mufflers -- tips
I was thinking of putting an H pipe upfront so it would be
PCD's -- H-pipe -- X merge + muffler -- mufflers -- tips

I thought this would equalize the pressure before the merge, so it can flow better + prolly tone it down a bit (reduce rasp + drone)

2> H-pipe: somewhere in the middle....so the setup would be:
PCD's -- X merge + muffler -- H-pipe -- mufflers -- tips

I know it sounds crazy but I thought this would work.....Adding your idea to this 2nd point, if I add a straight throw muffler in the middle (I was thinking 2") this would speed up the exhaust flow and muffle the rasp + get rid of the drone....

3> Adding a borla Venturi....suggestion came from another knowledgeable member on the forums....

This would go before the X merge + muffler....

Now the only problem is deciding which route to take LOL....

well aren't you a little bummer man.

hurry up son.
we are waiting....
LOL my bad....didnt know i was disappointing so many people LOL....will post some new videos up later tonight....

Originally Posted by mrlal8
he doesnt have a thread lol i know him pretty well and live close to him so ive taken a ride in the car ...its a beast fast as fuck
yeah I would guess....
justnspace (08-25-2011)
Old 08-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Superstressed

Received 86 Likes on 84 Posts
More, Moar, and Moore Vids please. I know you're in the process of tweaking the setup but it would be nice to hear a good off the line romping if possible and maybe a drive by with a down shift. I know thats asking a lot but whatever you can get would be cool
swoosh (08-24-2011)
Old 08-24-2011, 06:59 PM
2006 6spd

Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts
^^^lol...^^^
swoosh (08-24-2011)
Old 08-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Posting so swoosh gives my post a thanks.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:17 PM
Advanced

Firstly...thanks

On onto the topic....i had 2-3 setups in mind and since you know what you are talking about here it is....

1> H-pipe: if you see my setups it is:
PCD's -- X merge + muffler -- mufflers -- tips
I was thinking of putting an H pipe upfront so it would be
PCD's -- H-pipe -- X merge + muffler -- mufflers -- tips

I thought this would equalize the pressure before the merge, so it can flow better + prolly tone it down a bit (reduce rasp + drone)

2> H-pipe: somewhere in the middle....so the setup would be:
PCD's -- X merge + muffler -- H-pipe -- mufflers -- tips

I know it sounds crazy but I thought this would work.....Adding your idea to this 2nd point, if I add a straight throw muffler in the middle (I was thinking 2") this would speed up the exhaust flow and muffle the rasp + get rid of the drone....

3> Adding a borla Venturi....suggestion came from another knowledgeable member on the forums....

This would go before the X merge + muffler....

Now the only problem is deciding which route to take LOL....

Thats a good thought and it wont cost too much but in order for an "H" pipe do make a difference, there will need to be about 1 1/2 to 2 feet between the two primary pipes, where the "H" would be and you have about 6"-8" of space between the pipes, so i dont know how it will work for you. Also bare in mind that the temperature of the gases greatly affects the rate of flow. The point after the 2 flex pipes, where the first muffler is will be the hottest part of the exhaust system (aft of the PCD's). I would remover that first muffler and place a larger muffler further back (under the rear seats area) and thermal wrapping as much of the pipes as you can. The hotter the exhaust gases the more pressure builds up in the pipes, causing the gases to expel faster through the pipes.

Last edited by Splke; 08-24-2011 at 10:23 PM.
swoosh (08-24-2011)
Old 08-24-2011, 10:35 PM
Advanced

^^^The key is to make the gases flow as uniformly as possibly to decrease the rasp/droan (the same reason boosted cars dont have the rasp/droan, the gases are hot and moving fast).
swoosh (08-24-2011)
Old 08-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Superstressed

^^^lol...^^^
What.. too much on the video request

@Swoosh. I'm not at all knowledgable in exhuast flow and everyone here as well as yourself is, but can't you copy the H-pipe setup the old 5.0 Mustangs used to use or do some of these ideas already suggest that? Obviously not the same mufflers but just the simple design.
swoosh (08-24-2011)
Old 08-24-2011, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by TLove It!
More, Moar, and Moore Vids please. I know you're in the process of tweaking the setup but it would be nice to hear a good off the line romping if possible and maybe a drive by with a down shift. I know thats asking a lot but whatever you can get would be cool
LOL....will post some vtec videos tomorrow....i posted some vids with spirited driving now some with vtec lol....

^^^lol...^^^
LOL dont hate haha....

Originally Posted by TheChamp531
I have seen some threads where people post "Thank" some people and dont thank some people....I am one of those "non-thanked" people and I go like "bishh didnt thank me" LOL....in my thread i made sure no one is disappointed LOL

Thats a good thought and it wont cost too much but in order for an "H" pipe do make a difference, there will need to be about 1 1/2 to 2 feet between the two primary pipes, where the "H" would be and you have about 6"-8" of space between the pipes, so i dont know how it will work for you. Also bare in mind that the temperature of the gases greatly affects the rate of flow. The point after the 2 flex pipes, where the first muffler is will be the hottest part of the exhaust system (aft of the PCD's). I would remover that first muffler and place a larger muffler further back (under the rear seats area) and thermal wrapping as much of the pipes as you can. The hotter the exhaust gases the more pressure builds up in the pipes, causing the gases to expel faster through the pipes.
^^^The key is to make the gases flow as uniformly as possibly to decrease the rasp/droan (the same reason boosted cars dont have the rasp/droan, the gases are hot and moving fast).
Makes a ton of sense....its the same reason why I ceramic coated the PCD's inside out...To make the exhaust pulses move faster....

So if I understand what you saying is remove the muffler with the x-crossover and move it behind ? Dont you think that will sounds weird as the primary pipes wont merge for a long length....Also the muffler I got was the biggest they had for 2.25".....i am thinking of dynomax.....it has a 20" long muffler as compared to 14" which I got....this should help.....

Also, you think 1 muffler is sufficient right ? I really dont wanna go with 2 mufflers....Also what do you think about the pipes not being the same length before they merge...you think thats ok ?
justnspace (08-25-2011)
Old 08-24-2011, 11:19 PM

What.. too much on the video request

@Swoosh. I'm not at all knowledgable in exhuast flow and everyone here as well as yourself is, but can't you copy the H-pipe setup the old 5.0 Mustangs used to use or do some of these ideas already suggest that? Obviously not the same mufflers but just the simple design.
I know what you mean....the thing is I already have an X merge...dont know how an H and an X pipe would sound...

If I can just swap out the muffler and be done with it, I would rather do that....But then again lets see how it goes....I do wanna try the borla venturi and then switch the mufflers....the power am making is awesome....just trying to tweak the sound....
justnspace (08-25-2011)
Old 08-25-2011, 12:04 AM
Advanced

Makes a ton of sense....its the same reason why I ceramic coated the PCD's inside out...To make the exhaust pulses move faster....

So if I understand what you saying is remove the muffler with the x-crossover and move it behind ? Dont you think that will sounds weird as the primary pipes wont merge for a long length....Also the muffler I got was the biggest they had for 2.25".....i am thinking of dynomax.....it has a 20" long muffler as compared to 14" which I got....this should help.....

Also, you think 1 muffler is sufficient right ? I really dont wanna go with 2 mufflers....Also what do you think about the pipes not being the same length before they merge...you think thats ok ?
the difference between the pipes before the merge would affect the way the engine runs, if the gases between the pipes arrive sooner or later, they may interfere with the exhaust pulses from the next firing order of the cylinder, it all has to do with back pressure. You already have the 2 rear mufflers and by removing the x-crossover and adding a 3rd muffler at the location I mentioned would quiet it down. 2 1/4 diameter piping would have also made a difference, since you dont have any cats on the system, 2 1/4 piping would have been fine (2 1/2 requires more displacement/combustion to mover the air out the exhaust fast enough). Removing the x-brace would provide the room you need to correct the difference in pipe length before the merge collector and give good enough ground clearance. You will surely need even length pipes before any collector of any kind, if not your engine will never perform right and that defeats the purpose of doing the dual setup. Oh and putting the 20" further back would do the deal. A part of me is not sure if the difference in piping length is as much of a big deal on the 3rd gen because where the PCDs bolt up is sort of a collector to begin with and that would basically affect the exhaust pulses as well. These damn 3rd gens are a pain in the ass, I would fix the rasp/droan first, then diagnose any negative affects of the piping lenght differences.
swoosh (08-25-2011)
Old 08-25-2011, 08:05 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by TheChamp531
lmao,

what the hell, swoosh, hit me again with one!
Old 08-25-2011, 09:56 AM

the difference between the pipes before the merge would affect the way the engine runs, if the gases between the pipes arrive sooner or later, they may interfere with the exhaust pulses from the next firing order of the cylinder, it all has to do with back pressure. You already have the 2 rear mufflers and by removing the x-crossover and adding a 3rd muffler at the location I mentioned would quiet it down. 2 1/4 diameter piping would have also made a difference, since you dont have any cats on the system, 2 1/4 piping would have been fine (2 1/2 requires more displacement/combustion to mover the air out the exhaust fast enough). Removing the x-brace would provide the room you need to correct the difference in pipe length before the merge collector and give good enough ground clearance. You will surely need even length pipes before any collector of any kind, if not your engine will never perform right and that defeats the purpose of doing the dual setup. Oh and putting the 20" further back would do the deal. A part of me is not sure if the difference in piping length is as much of a big deal on the 3rd gen because where the PCDs bolt up is sort of a collector to begin with and that would basically affect the exhaust pulses as well. These damn 3rd gens are a pain in the ass, I would fix the rasp/droan first, then diagnose any negative affects of the piping lenght differences.
Sounds great....am gonna talk to the guy today and see if he can just return the 14" magnaflow and install a 20" dynomax...and move it behind a little....

lmao,

what the hell, swoosh, hit me again with one!
I would like if you guys returned the favor as well
The following 3 users liked this post by swoosh:
justnspace (08-25-2011), McCollins23 (08-26-2011), TheChamp531 (08-25-2011)
Old 08-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Superstressed

Swoosh, I spoke to a few friends today (older) that have been around cars for a while and they came up with a common consensus. Let me first say this, I know there are a hundred ideas on which setup to go with, not trying to make it more confusing for you. I just wanted to offer a suggestion since my buddies are pretty knowledgable (mostly with Muscle cars) but maybe this will make sense. So here's the setup dicussed today:
PCD to Jpipe to H-pipe, A Res on both pipes after H section, Mufflers,Tips. Obviously you will have the exit pipe after the pair of resonators before the mufflers. But this setup gets rid of the X-merge and equalizes the pressure and as far as I can tell a Res on each pipe won't slow up the exhuast gas too much AND should get rid of the rasp.
Like I said not sure, just wanted to give another idea which made sense to me. Good Luck with the tweaking and I hope you find the right setup SOON.
swoosh (08-25-2011)
Old 08-25-2011, 04:57 PM

^^^ Thanks bro....

I have seen those setups before, but never seen an X-pipe....04accordcpe had post some pix up of the same setup you mentioned....I know an Xpipe flows better than an H....lets see where this goes....will post some video's tonight of the current setup with WOT....
justnspace (08-26-2011)
Old 08-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Superstressed

^^^ Thanks bro....

I have seen those setups before, but never seen an X-pipe....04accordcpe had post some pix up of the same setup you mentioned....I know an Xpipe flows better than an H....lets see where this goes....will post some video's tonight of the current setup with WOT....
I haven't seen the X-pipe setup either, but it seems to me the idea I talked about today would flow nice (no need for xtra mufflers) and take care of rasp with the pair of rezy's.
What matters is that you find the right setup for you! Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
Can't wait to see the Vids.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Warning to all...

Guys,

If you're looking to bump up your thread count or looking for extra "Thanks", that kind of thing will not be allowed.

If you want to discuss the topic of this thread-fine.

If you want to "Post Whore" or "Thank Whore"....that won't happen anymore.
justnspace (08-25-2011)
Old 08-25-2011, 08:00 PM
ReDevil

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
So I was on vacation where there is no such thing as internet lol (Adirondacks), but did you guys ever run each other? Wish you had legit slips, I ran 15.357@92.47 stock, and 15.027@94.80 with the rv6v3 j-pipe, and want to see if the true dual price is worth the gains. Just curious. I have to listen to the clips again when I find my headphones, laptop speakers just dont do it.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:30 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
^why so slow?
14s at least.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:30 PM

I haven't seen the X-pipe setup either, but it seems to me the idea I talked about today would flow nice (no need for xtra mufflers) and take care of rasp with the pair of rezy's.
What matters is that you find the right setup for you! Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
Can't wait to see the Vids.
yup I had 3 options:
1> Hpipe with 2 4" 22 long resonators
2> Xpipe merge with 2 4" 22 long resonators
3> Xpipe built into a muffler

I thought option 3 would save me some weight....I knew it would be the loudest but didnt know about the rasp....I got a new longer muffler with the Xpipe built in...lets see how that will work out....

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Guys,

If you're looking to bump up your thread count or looking for extra "Thanks", that kind of thing will not be allowed.

If you want to discuss the topic of this thread-fine.

If you want to "Post Whore" or "Thank Whore"....that won't happen anymore.
Sorry about that Steve...I started off "Thank-ing" people for the complements and guess didnt stop....will go back and fix it...

Originally Posted by r3devi7
So I was on vacation where there is no such thing as internet lol (Adirondacks), but did you guys ever run each other? Wish you had legit slips, I ran 15.357@92.47 stock, and 15.027@94.80 with the rv6v3 j-pipe, and want to see if the true dual price is worth the gains. Just curious. I have to listen to the clips again when I find my headphones, laptop speakers just dont do it.
Nope cudnt race Justn but did race a VW GTI with Stage 1 tune. He said he was putting down around ~ 250whp and around the same torque....We ran from 50mph - 110mph and I took him by 1/2 car length....when i shifted from 2nd to 3rd (5AT) i was kinda close to the redline and the car took a slight second to shift, else I would have had him by a car length for sure....

Originally Posted by justnspace
^why so slow?
14s at least.
I gotta take my car to the track....need some motivation LOL
justnspace (08-26-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 08:33 AM
ReDevil

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
Nope cudnt race Justn but did race a VW GTI with Stage 1 tune. He said he was putting down around ~ 250whp and around the same torque....We ran from 50mph - 110mph and I took him by 1/2 car length....when i shifted from 2nd to 3rd (5AT) i was kinda close to the redline and the car took a slight second to shift, else I would have had him by a car length for sure....
Had the same thing happen when I was playing with my buddy in his 07 Si, except he took me... in the manumatic you have to click it at around 6k to get it to shift without hanging there. That is pretty impressive still tho.

^why so slow?
14s at least.
I didnt think it was that bad actually. It was humid as hell both times I went, and this is stock full weight 5AT my wheelchair in the trunk, and 18" rimzz. Technically I shouldn't be modding it at all, as I bought it for a daily. lol
swoosh (08-26-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 08:39 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
^hell yeah, i was impressed with swoosh's ride as well
swoosh (08-26-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by r3devi7
Had the same thing happen when I was playing with my buddy in his 07 Si, except he took me... in the manumatic you have to click it at around 6k to get it to shift without hanging there. That is pretty impressive still tho.

I didnt think it was that bad actually. It was humid as hell both times I went, and this is stock full weight 5AT my wheelchair in the trunk, and 18" rimzz. Technically I shouldn't be modding it at all, as I bought it for a daily. lol
Thanks dude....ALSO i loved the fact you took your car to the track as is...thats what am gonna do....as is....with the spare in the trunk and 18" rims....because you wanna know how fast your car is real time not when you pop 50-70 pounds off ur car....down the line I am looking an weight reduction and might have to part with the true dual....I am mentally preparing myself for that LOL....

^hell yeah, i was impressed with swoosh's ride as well
Thanks justn....you have come a long way as well....and I wish I had taken the route you have taken....performance before looks....the TL by itself looks sexy but by modding it first you made it sexily quick
Old 08-26-2011, 10:31 AM

Update:

Ordered:
4.5*9.75*20

It will be replacing:
4*9*14

Anyone wants to buy the magnaflow muffler ? LOL
Old 08-26-2011, 10:47 AM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
I think your Xpipe placement is fine. Honestly, using an Xpipe PLUS an Hpipe might sound strange. I don't know enough about TD exhaust to really say, but I'd imagine there is only 1 'crossover' for a reason.

You could just get 2 of these:

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=289

The larger Xpipe crossover seems like a good idea, but upon second glance, I don't think that would fully rid you of your drone/rasp. It will definitely diminish it, but I'm not sure if it will totally eliminate it. I just don't think an extra 6" of sound deadening material will get the job done. You could implement an H instead of X, but it won't flow as well. I'd say you just stick 2 straight through resonators on it.

EDIT: Ahhh, as I was writing this, I see you have made your decision already! I didn't realize the Dynomax was not only longer, but wider/taller as well. It's actually MUCH larger than your current X merge (a little over 57% larger), so it should probably work really well! Let us know how it goes!!

Last edited by Sonnick; 08-26-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:38 AM

^^^ Yes, I decided to go against the H and X pipe....I know the X pipe flows better and want to stick to it....

The reason I went with the Dynomax is coz:
1> its 57% bigger....so the setup will be toned down....I had the magnaflow which had a volume of 4x9x14 = 504...the dynomax has a volume of 4.5x9.75x20=877....if I would have gone with 2 4" 18 long resonators, they would have a volume of (2 quantity x 2 x PIE(3.14) x 1.8 x 1.8 (rxr) x 15.5 ) which is 630-650ish....which is closer to what I have now....
2> 3" internal core....the x merge in the muffler is a 3" pipe....so at the merge the gases will flow better....I know I cant put the muffler wayyy to behind as the gases will slow down at the merge....

I am thinking about moving the current setup behind....as in replace the current muffler and move it behind by 6-9 inches...
Old 08-26-2011, 11:49 AM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
Just wondering why you are going to move it back?
Old 08-26-2011, 03:55 PM

if you check the pix my primary pipes are kinda too small....want them to be a little longer....

i checked richie's setup and he doesnt have the mid muffler until almost the rear seats....

why do you think against it ?
Old 08-26-2011, 06:37 PM
August Burns Red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is stupid. That's gotta add an outrageous amount of weight to the car. Not worth it.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:21 PM

^^^ to each his own....I bet according to you adding a sub to the TL is worthless as well since ur doing the diet thingie...according to me driving a TL with no airbags/stereo/seats is stupid...it's a front wheel drive car for crying out loud....but as I said to each his own
Old 08-26-2011, 11:37 PM
Superstressed

Hey man. I hope that your new setup will work for you but if not I still say you should try something like this. I understand budget and labor are two big factors but if all else fails. It just seems like it would flow nice and with two res's it should sound nice too!
Just my thoughts.

Quick Reply: Acurazine's first True Dual Exhaust on the 3G TL - (Updated Vids-Pg. 4)