Renew XM Radio for $77 for 12 Months (Part 1)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 11:11 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been really busy and let my service lapse. I think it expired the first week of Dec. On Monday, XM called me and asked me what I thought of the service and if I'd like to sign up again.

I played stupid to see if they had any better deals and the guy offers me another "trial" period for $6/mo for 3 months and they'll waive the activation fee. I told them the Acura dealer said there was a better deal for $60/12 mos and he said..."well now that you mention it..."

So I'm back onto XM now for $60/yr and I didn't even have to call them or get the run-around.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:38 AM
Awesome to the Max

Originally Posted by bak5e
I've tried 3 times to get the winback promotion, each time being told that I'm not eligible, GM only, blah blah. Any ideas?
hmm...maybe suggest that you received something in the mail regarding a winback code and you want to see if it works...if not..you can always call again...and again...I'm pretty sure...it's all dependent on the person that picks up. good luck
Old 12-30-2004, 01:43 PM
4th Gear

4th try is a charm - told them the dealer mentioned the rate, and that when i called xm a few days ago that i should call back once my promo expires.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:40 PM
Awesome to the Max

Originally Posted by bak5e
4th try is a charm - told them the dealer mentioned the rate, and that when i called xm a few days ago that i should call back once my promo expires.

congrats
Old 12-30-2004, 02:44 PM
Cruisin'

Worked For Me!

Just tried it ... "winback" worked like a charm. Done!
Old 12-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Slacker

has anyone done the winback offer after a year of paid service at regular or discounted prices?
Old 12-30-2004, 03:38 PM
Reppin' for tha DPG

Damn!!!

Well...after calling back-to-back 4 times, I FINALLY got someone who cared to even acknowledge the deal and help me out. The first 3 times I called I was given the runaround . I was told "You can't have 2 promotions on your acct at one time, so you have to call back when your current promo is over and look for a deal then"...one guy said "Sorry, I can't do anything for you until your promo is over"...JUST LIKE THAT!!

Luckily I read this post, so I just kept calling....giving one last try. IT WORKED!!... although I had to eat one month of free service! The rep said they are SUPPOSED to honor anyone who mentions "Win Back". Basically, this promo is SOLELY for customers who's trial period has ended or is about to end...thus called "win back" to win back the customer.

I asked if he thought the promo was going to end soon as my trial period ends the first week of Feb. He said this special promo was supposed to only be for the month of October, but due to the great response they're getting, it has lasted until now. Rather than me call back in a month and miss out on the discount, I just ate the one month left and started my one year now.

The fuqed-up thing is, the other reps didnt even try to help and immediatley turned me down. At least this guy gave me OPTIONS!!
Ah well... whatever... I'm happy...They're going to mail me out a bill, so no pressure to pay now either!

So...FYI.... if they give you sh*t, tell 'em you SIMPLY want to cancel your current free trial promo and subscribe for one year now! (if you dont mind losing a month or so of your free trial)

Old 12-30-2004, 03:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I called the numbr in this thread and spoke to Pierre (spelling?) and he said call back when my XM expires and ask them to add the promo then (jan 30th). He said that he would put a note on my account.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:02 PM
Team Nighthawk-C.M.A.

I hope in 12 mo's we get another great deal
Old 12-31-2004, 09:42 AM
Intermediate

Just called the retention dept morning and got signed up for the $60/12 mos promotion. Unfortunately, the lady told me that I would have to give up my free intro service, but it was still worth the $$$ savings on the normal rate. Thanks for the heads up on this deal.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:10 PM
Intermediate

to complicate things, we bought a portable MyFi so we could listen to XM in the house and in our 4runner. Took a look online at the invoice that was generated and it looks like they are starting to charge the $5 for the first radio now when it wasn't supposed to happen until the end of the trial period (Feb). Time to give them another call....
Old 01-01-2005, 11:09 AM
I6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just called XM to sign up for the $60/yr. I signed up for the montly before I knew about this promo. I was charged for one month already on Dec. 23 which lasts to Jan. 23. The csr added on the $60/yr promo for me and will start Jan. 23. Should I call back than to make sure?
Old 01-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Instructor

Just renewed mine for $60.00. I had aboout two weeks of my 90 day trial left which I had to forfeit, but thats ok. Thank you!!
Old 01-04-2005, 09:25 AM
10th Gear

Just wanted to thank everyone here for your input. I knew my service was ending at the end of Dec. I called once before and tried to get the 1yr for $60 and was denied. THis time I called and asked for the retention department and got it right away. I told them that I was at my Acura dealer and that they had told me about the offer. Within 15 min. I was up and running again.

My only regret is that XM does not seem to be as agressive in signing up new content as Sirius.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:22 AM
Instructor

anyone know when this offer is ending
Old 01-05-2005, 09:26 AM
Photoshops, and Polls!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I just signed up for the 60 dollars for 12 mos deal...

They gave me some run around...i told them if they dont give me the deal its not worth my time...and some other BS

I called them and told them my acura dealer told me this deal was good...

good luck all

HOnestly, I dont think XM radio is that good...5 bucks a month is really what its worth

ATTENTION XM RADIO: the SOUND QUALITY IS CRAPPY
Old 01-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Instructor

I think it's extremely lame of XM to make you guys forfeit some of your trial period (if some still remains) in order to get this deal. I must have been lucky when I called last fall and the XM rep simply tagged this 12-month ($60) offer onto the end of my trial period.

Just seems silly to me. With Sirius' competition right now, you'd think that XM would be extremely customer friendly.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Intermediate

I just wanted to say thanks for this thread. My XM expired last week. I called the retention department number that was listed in this thread and said my dealer told me there was a special deal. The woman I talked to essentially prompted me through the whole thing, not asking for code numbers or anything like that. She asked how much, I said, "$60", and she said, "Yes, that deal is still available." The only difficulty was it took way more than the two hours she mentioned to get the unit re-authorized. I called about 4pm and by 9pm it still wasn't working. It was okay the next morning though.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Advanced

Talking I called yesterday...

I called XM yesterday while I was stuck in traffic and it was incredibly easy to get the deal. I didn't mention I had an Acura. All I said was that I went to the dealer to renew my XM contract, and they told me to call XM. So I told the guy on the phone that the dealer had some kind of deal with XM to keep customers for a year for 60 bucks. "Some OEM retention thing," I said, acting all stupid. He knew exactly what I was talking about and signed me up for a year from the date that my trial expired. It took less than a ten minute phone call. Thank goodness I browsed these forums.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:02 PM
1st Gear

XM Offer Still Good

I activated my XM with 4 days left. I just asked them is the $60.00 offer to OEM was still good. They asked me if I recieved an offer in the mail. I said yes and they tranferred me. No problem.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:51 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jerky

HOnestly, I dont think XM radio is that good...5 bucks a month is really what its worth

ATTENTION XM RADIO: the SOUND QUALITY IS CRAPPY
I would totally agree with this fully.

If they wont offer it to me for $5 I wont have it.

I'd pay several times that (and did happily) for my Sirius radio.

Errrr - Sirius - Where are you boy? Here Sirius Sirius Sirius.

TL-Mike
Old 01-12-2005, 11:52 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tcork
My only regret is that XM does not seem to be as agressive in signing up new content as Sirius.
Not by FAR.

Sirius is ALL over their programming. ..

And not just big names like Stern and Eminem. . . .

But all around - their DJs just KICK ASS. . .

And their tribute to DimeBag Darrell was just AWESOME.

Thanks for the GREAT programming Sirius!

This is the only thing I HATE in my TL.

TL-Mike
Old 01-13-2005, 11:22 PM
10th Gear

Well, I guess I'm just not lucky as some of you. My first call resulted in "We have no such offer." Second call resulted in "We do have $60 offer." However, they couldn't find my XM Radio ID in their system. The third call resulted in "We do still have $60 offer." But, they can't add another promotion until my free 3 months expires (3/20/05). So, I guess I'll have to wait and hope the offer still stands in March.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by XelA05
Well, I guess I'm just not lucky as some of you. My first call resulted in "We have no such offer." Second call resulted in "We do have $60 offer." However, they couldn't find my XM Radio ID in their system. The third call resulted in "We do still have $60 offer." But, they can't add another promotion until my free 3 months expires (3/20/05). So, I guess I'll have to wait and hope the offer still stands in March.
I got the $60 renewal yesterday, however when I gave them my radio ID code there was another persons name on the account. So they opened up a new account for me for the same $60 deal. Took 10 minutes!
Old 01-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tsunamiginger
to complicate things, we bought a portable MyFi so we could listen to XM in the house and in our 4runner. Took a look online at the invoice that was generated and it looks like they are starting to charge the $5 for the first radio now when it wasn't supposed to happen until the end of the trial period (Feb). Time to give them another call....
I did get clarification on this. All is good. It had to do with the fact that the billing on the portable is quarterly and the fact that their billing systems is a little bit primitive. Long story short the $5 charge I was seeing was towards the portable radio not the TL's . But it doesn't hurt to clarify. They advised me to call & make sure the portable is paid for separately (credit card) or their system might get confused.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:33 PM
3rd Gear

Thumbs up Easy $60 upgrade

Originally Posted by mrbrett
I called XM yesterday while I was stuck in traffic and it was incredibly easy to get the deal. I didn't mention I had an Acura. All I said was that I went to the dealer to renew my XM contract, and they told me to call XM. So I told the guy on the phone that the dealer had some kind of deal with XM to keep customers for a year for 60 bucks. "Some OEM retention thing," I said, acting all stupid. He knew exactly what I was talking about and signed me up for a year from the date that my trial expired. It took less than a ten minute phone call. Thank goodness I browsed these forums.
Thanks, mrbrett! Worked like a charm. I just told the rep that I went to my dealer who told me that I should call this number to sign up for service. I then asked her what plans were available (didn't list the $60 plan). I told her my dealer mentioned a $60/yr deal and she paused for a moment and said, "yep, we have that offer for GM automobiles (I never told her what car I had, nor do I think she cared)." She took my info and now I'm good to go. Thanks again for the great approach, mrbrett!
Old 01-18-2005, 12:55 AM
1st Gear

I finally got the $60 deal on the third try. First time, was told that the offer had expired, was only for GM cars, etc. Second time, even after asking for the retention department and then the supervisor of the department, would only give me the $5.99 for 3 months deal, which I grudgingly took. Third time, on Jan 14th, the lady who answered didn't ask for a promo code or anything, just immediately gave it to me. But not only that, she said the $12 credit (from my last phone call) would be deducted from the $60 charge!!! If that really happens, all this run around and time invested will have been worthwhile. So anyone who is feeling frustrated, just keep at it and bug them to death! Thanks to all on this thread, and especially to my brother (a fellow TL owner) for letting me know about it (he got his on the first try!!!)
Old 01-23-2005, 03:13 PM
At least I'm housebroken.

Talking Got it!

Called today, 1/23/04, and did it. Played dumb, like some people have suggested. I told them I was at the dealer and they told me about it. Worked like a charm!
Old 01-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Cruisin'

Called on 1/21/05 and asked for the retention department. I think I said, "My trial expired and my dealer told me about a $60/ year offer which I would like to sign up for." The woman said, "no problem." Gave her my radio id and credit card info and within 10 minutes I was done. The total was an even $60 bucks. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for this info.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:23 PM
8th Gear

I got the $60 deal on the first try as well - thank you all so much for the info. I asked for the retention department and then mentioned that the dealer told me to ask for the "WinBack" promotion. The gal, Mary from Georgia, said she would charge me for 1 year and then took my card out of the system so I would not incur additional charges going forward. Great customer service!! Thanks again all.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:42 PM
Team Nighthawk MechE

Got the deal. Have a question!

My 3 months is up within 2 weeks and I did indeed get "the deal" about 6 weeks ago. I've been expecting a bill in the mail (as that was the option I requested) but have not seen it yet. Anyone do the same? When might someone think I will get the bill? My XM had better not just die one day after I did indeed get "the deal."

Thoughts? Thanks!
Old 01-24-2005, 10:43 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by DarkWraith33
My 3 months is up within 2 weeks and I did indeed get "the deal" about 6 weeks ago. I've been expecting a bill in the mail (as that was the option I requested) but have not seen it yet. Anyone do the same? When might someone think I will get the bill? My XM had better not just die one day after I did indeed get "the deal."

Thoughts? Thanks!

Hey DarkWraith, I got the deal about 2 weeks before my expiration as well. My credit card was not charged until the actual date my offer ended, so I assume you will not receive the bill until the offer expires. Doesn't hurt to double check with them though to make sure.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:13 PM
10th Gear

Worked for me on the first call but took 3 transfers. :-) I used the "winback" promotion line.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:53 AM
Intermediate

Just called the retention # a few minutes ago. All I said was my trial period was expiring today and the dealer told me there was a 12 month for $60 deal available. Phone rep was very eager to sign me up for that deal. The only thing that bothered me was tax. He said the total would be $68. I tried to feed him a little BS about how a friend of mine in Washington signed up for the same deal for only $60. He said it's because I'm in Florida that I'm being taxed. How many people on this thread actually paid $68 but said they only paid $60?
Old 01-27-2005, 10:28 AM
Instructor

Just got off the phone with the XM rep from the "SPECIAL" dept. $60 for 12 months is what I received !
Old 01-27-2005, 12:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by MaX800XT
Just called the retention # a few minutes ago. All I said was my trial period was expiring today and the dealer told me there was a 12 month for $60 deal available. Phone rep was very eager to sign me up for that deal. The only thing that bothered me was tax. He said the total would be $68. I tried to feed him a little BS about how a friend of mine in Washington signed up for the same deal for only $60. He said it's because I'm in Florida that I'm being taxed. How many people on this thread actually paid $68 but said they only paid $60?
I had to pay the $68 too when I signed up back in September for this deal. Must say I was surprised when I saw the CC charge. But even at $68 it's still a great deal that I hope will still be available when time to renew comes along.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Has anyone renewed again after already being on the 12 month $60 deal?
Old 01-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
still working

Just added 1 year at $60. Didn't even need to mention a code. Just said the word "promotion."
Old 01-29-2005, 06:26 AM
Cruisin'

$60 Deal

I called a couple days ago and just said that someone told me there was a deal for $60 for a year and the guy signed me up no problem in about 2 minutes.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:32 AM
Vroooooom....Vrooooooom!!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I just signed up for a year for 60 dollars! I had to waive 10 remaining days on my free 3 month trial, but in the grand scheme of things, that's not that much. Woohoo...XM is almost worth $5.00 a month...wouldn't consider it if I had to pay double that! Thanks everyone!

Quick Reply: Renew XM Radio for $77 for 12 Months (Part 1)