No bluetooth No stereo

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 11:14 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No bluetooth No stereo

Hey guys,
I was using my bluetooth while on a call and suddenly the call dropped and the bluetooth froze. I woke up the next day hoping it will be back to normal by now but it was not. I cant listen to my stereo either. i tried ejecting cd's tapes etc but still nothing. I turned bluetooth on my phone on and off but still nothing at all. any ideas???
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:20 AM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by dips009
Hey guys,
I was using my bluetooth while on a call and suddenly the call dropped and the bluetooth froze. I woke up the next day hoping it will be back to normal by now but it was not. I cant listen to my stereo either. i tried ejecting cd's tapes etc but still nothing. I turned bluetooth on my phone on and off but still nothing at all. any ideas???
Thanks in advance.
format your hard drive and reinstall windows.
just kidding, why don't you call the dealer?
Old 08-16-2004, 11:23 AM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have your radio code handy, pull the positive battery connection for ten minutes or so, then reconnect and try again.

Good luck.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Before you pull the battery connection, look at the fuse for the stereo system to see whether it's blown. I don't have my owner's manual handy, but you can look in the manual for the correct fuse location.

HTH, Bob
Old 08-16-2004, 09:13 PM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Actually, I know that Johnson Controls (the HFL Manufacturer for Acura) is verrrry eager to see your situation. You may want to call your dealership and have them call the HFL Support Center before you have the problem cleared.

When this problem happened to me, the engineers at Johnson Controls asked the dealership to connect my TL's power to a charger to ensure that the problem didn't clear before they had a chance to read diagnostic information from the car.

Unfortunately, the dealership already cleared it by pulling the battery.

I know that I want Johnson Controls to fix this issue. If I ever see this problem again, I'll make sure they get a chance to look at it so that I can help all of us with this issue ...
Old 08-17-2004, 07:51 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This actually just happened to me like couple of times in the last 2 weeks. I disconnected the battery like 2-3 times and put in the codes and now its back to normal. My bluetooth was frozen up and stereo wasnt responding either. Dealership didnt know what to do other than just to disconnect the battery. Johnson Contrals said that this is not their problem, since its something physical and they told me to take it to the dealership.

I suggest you should do what I did and everything should be functioning properly as it did for me: Disconnect your battery for 2 minutes.

I hope this helps...
Old 08-17-2004, 09:00 AM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by narmeen
This actually just happened to me like couple of times in the last 2 weeks. I disconnected the battery like 2-3 times and put in the codes and now its back to normal. My bluetooth was frozen up and stereo wasnt responding either. Dealership didnt know what to do other than just to disconnect the battery. Johnson Contrals said that this is not their problem, since its something physical and they told me to take it to the dealership.

I suggest you should do what I did and everything should be functioning properly as it did for me: Disconnect your battery for 2 minutes.

I hope this helps...
narmeen - The person at Johnson Controls that you taked with was not informed. This is almost 100% certain to be their problem, and the engineers that I talked with were very eager to see my HFL module once it was removed. The Service Department at my dealership was surprised to hear that the engineers were going to come to the dealership to see my car in this condition - and disappointed when it was "fixed" by pulling the battery.

I'm guessing that Johnson Controls knows about this problem, but haven't been able to reproduce it - so they haven't been able to fix it. Whether it's a code or hardware problem is unknown at this time.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:09 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should first try unpairing the phone. This has cleared my lock up on both occasions. It's easier to do this and then repair the phone rather than disconnecting the battery.