3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nissan/Infiniti nut is about to make the switch... help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 10:28 PM
Drifting

Received 536 Likes on 302 Posts
Thumbs up Nissan/Infiniti nut is about to make the switch... help.

I've owned a 1997 Maxima for the past 6+ years. It's only had 2 major problems in that period : a speedometer that needed replacing and most recently a starter that died. It's got 128,000 miles on it. It's been reliable as hell.

I have been waiting to by a G35 sedan since even before it came out. I've been drooling over it. I was ready to make the purchase when I saw... the damn 2004 TL. :bowdown:

It's a beautiful car. It doesn't have RWD like the G35, but big deal... I'm not going to be racing through the twisties anytime soon. In terms of bang-for-the-buck, there is no comparison.

So hopefully within the next few weeks or maybe couple of months I will have what will turn out to be a car as reliable as my '97 Maxima was and will be turning heads because it is one slick looking vehicle.

I do have a request for my future TL brethren out there. I'm looking to buy a black TL, but am unsure of what interior would look best. If any of you guys own black '04 TL's, could you please take some pictures of the interior and exterior? I've only been able to see the black/ebony version of the black car. I saw a black one with a quartz interior the other day, but the dealer couldn't find the keys, so I had to look through the glass and couldn't get a good glimpse of it due to darkness setting in. Heck, if any of you know of some black TL pics on the 'Net, especially of the interior, I'd love to see them.

Thanks guys, and most of all, thanks for all the info on this forum. I hope to frequent it in the future.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:59 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what did you think of the black/ebony combination? my dealership only had a blue/camel one in for test drive. I've got a black/ebony one on order, but I need to see it first before I decide. Not sure if an all black (interior and exterior) is any good. Canada doesn't get the Quartz interior so I'm stuck with either black/ebony or ssm/ebony.

If the dealership gets a black one in soon, i'll go take a look and maybe bring along the digital camera to take some pics.
Old 10-20-2003, 12:07 AM
Drifting

My current Maxima is black/black, so I'm used to it. I love the black interior, but I know it's not for everybody. The black/black has a certain "bad boy" appeal I like.

I'm not a big fan of the quartz for one reason : I think it'll be a pain to keep clean. A black car is going to be a pain to keep clean to begin with without having to worry so much about the interior. I do like it though.

I was at a dealership here in Dallas when I saw a black/black drive up. I started drooling. Unfortunately a guy was taking delivery of the car when I arrived so I didn't get to sit in it, but man that was one beautiful vehicle. Lucky bastard.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:33 AM
10th Gear

I traded in a 00 black/parchment for a 04 black/black. The new parchment is lighter although I like the look of it. The only one the dealer had on the lot had a spoiler attached (I'm not 17 anymore). I was worried about the black/camel as I think it looks too yellow for me. I do like the black on black.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I think Black/Black would look hot. It would also BE hot during the summer, but you've already got a black/black car and live in Texas, so you must be used to it already.

My color combo is also excellent.

Good luck on your purchase!
Old 10-20-2003, 09:47 AM
Instructor

I own a black/black 00 TL, and the yes, when the car is nicely hand washed and waxed it looks great from 8-10' away, but the swirl marks in the paint are nasty to look at up close. My buddy owned a black Volvo and he'll not buy a black car. Dirt shows up very well on black. I just ordered a 04 Silver/Black inside. The blue/camel is nice, but the camel interior will be hard to maintain especially up in snow areas where slush and wet leather jackets are bound to touch the seats.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:00 PM
Cruisin'

Thumbs up

I purchased a 2004 blacl/parchment and very happy with color. Turned in 01CLS with same color combo, much cooler in summer.

You can't go wrong with any color choice.......
Old 10-20-2003, 05:19 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by neuronbob
I think Black/Black would look hot. It would also BE hot during the summer, but you've already got a black/black car and live in Texas, so you must be used to it already.

My color combo is also excellent.

Good luck on your purchase!
I've lived near San Antonio TX for more than 25 years. I've had blue, red, white, silver, and black cars since I've been here. My last 4 cars have been black. Whatever color it is, if it sits out in the sun at 95+ degrees for more than about 15 minutes, it gets very hot inside. I haven't noticed the black gets any hotter inside or is any harder to cool down. Install good window tint and open the windows and sunroof for about the first minute and then turn on the A/C full blast. The new feature on the TL that lets you lower the windows and open the sunroof remotely before you get in will make it even easier to cool it down. I am planning on getting a black/black TL sometime in the near future.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:00 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
For my money, black on black is the colour. I saw a black / camel combo and IMHO, this is an ugly interior colour as it looks almost yellow. But I am sure some will like it.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:00 AM
Drifting

Thanks for your opinions guys. I'm leaning towards getting a black/ebony. I may be able to get one by mid-November.