3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you found any New Features?? (Summary in Post #1) 3G Garage #L-001

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i got one anyone know how to turn off the beeping thing when u dont put on your seatbelt? i heked that in the owners manual and found nuthing
Old 04-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Team Anthracite Webmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tl_dinhsum84
i got one anyone know how to turn off the beeping thing when u dont put on your seatbelt? i heked that in the owners manual and found nuthing
solution: buckle up.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:06 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by zeezz
solution: buckle up.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by tl_dinhsum84
Rewire the buckle, I have had mine rewired from the last four years, no chime and no problems.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nonono.....solution is.... get a big ass hammer and smash everything in the console til the beeping goes away.....
Old 04-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Tripnbeats
nonono.....solution is.... get a big ass hammer and smash everything in the console til the beeping goes away.....
lol nice solution

Originally Posted by lowws6
Rewire the buckle, I have had mine rewired from the last four years, no chime and no problems.
rewire? i dont know what your talkin about how do u do it.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Sleeper...dude, what's up with your posting? You've been a member starting just this month, you've written only 4 posts and you're already being pretty harsh here. You posted this afternoon and NO ONE has posted since...it's been 8 hours since anyone else has written since you posted. Please...everyone is just having alittle fun. You don't need to come down so harshly.
I've been perusing the forums for 2&1/2 years since I owned a 99rl. I would have joined a long time ago but I didnt think I could bite my tounge. I did say a "fabulous forum with fabulous members" It just sucks wading thru all the crap to get to the meat. Why does every thread get hijacked by by idiocracy at some point? If the topic is moot then let it be unless you have something substantial to add? No?
Maybe at that point one could head to the "I'm an idiot and just want something to post, anything, so that people will recognize me and make me feel validated"- thread. Yes- annoying, harsh and ohnest. Sorry its been 2&1/2 yrs and I needed to get that out. But I'm still thankfull Acurazine is here and send a personal "You f'in rock" to all the innovators and pioneers that give substance to this site!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by carlos9827
I think your posting was uncalled for and if you're so smart and apparently don't mind reading your owners manual then I suggest you go do that instead of visiting our site. Anyone agree?
I think the thread was called "Have you found any new features?" I think everyone can AGREE, "new" means not in the owners manual. LOL
Old 04-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tripnbeats
I found out that when u release the clutch in first the car goes forward
Now thats some funny sh--!!!!! Apparently I'm not the only one.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Morbid

Sleeper, start that thread about idiots wanting validation, OR, go take a nap.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:33 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
This thread survived for about 3 1/2 years.

Then it fell apart in about a week.

(whew. That's better. I feel all recognized and validated now. :wink: )
Old 04-11-2008, 04:01 AM
07TL-CBP

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I vote that the mods make this thread a sticky - too much good stuff in here.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:20 AM
J35A8

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
This thread survived for about 3 1/2 years.

Then it fell apart in about a week.

(whew. That's better. I feel all recognized and validated now. :wink: )
Suprised the mods allowed these bs posts to continue.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Safety Car

yea lock this crap up ladies!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This thread does have some good information that is not in the owner's manual. I'd hate to see it locked. Just clean up the crap.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Safety Car

yea i was kidding they're not gonna close it....good info yes...crap yes...lol
Old 04-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
I'm going to say this one time and one time only- if you have nothing constructive to add to this discussion then don't. This is your one and only warning- then you get a vacation.
The following users liked this post:
beege (06-10-2013)
Old 04-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
^^This warning that gg is giving is not only for this thread, it pertains to every damn thread in 3G

Read the rules. zero tolerance.....
The following users liked this post:
beege (06-10-2013)
Old 04-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
So i'm pretty sure that no one wants to go through the 338 posts above to find some of the "new" features as well as read through some BS, so I decided to make a comprehensive list. (Definitely, not something I would do again ) Obviously credit goes to the users that mentioned them in the X post above. I tried to include the most helpful stuff, if something is not included, feel free to add it to the list. Mods, perhaps you can sticky this post? Anyways, hopefully many of you find this helpful!!

-------------
1. The coin holder can be moved. It is held in place by two stubs in the back of it which fit into two notches cut into the center console. Therefore it can also be mounted inside either map pocket of the front doors by the same type of notch cutouts. The little high friction area at the front of the map pockets is also great for holding small amounts of loose change.

2. The visors can be extended inwards (toward the rearview mirror) to block sunlight.

3. For the MT owners, it appears that the computer does RPM matching for upshifts. To test it try this. In second gear wind the car to say, 4000 RPM, engage the clutch, RPMS should drop and stabilize for a second at about 3000 RPMs disengage the clutch and that RPM is perfectly matched to road speed. I noticed this yesterday on mine and it seems to work every time as long as the RPMs are high enough (3500+).

4. When a CD or DVD-A is playing, hit the number of the disc (1-6) to pause the disc playing. Pressing the button again with resume play. If the button is held down the disc will be stopped and start from the beginning upon initiation.

5. The front seat head rests pivot forward and backward as well as move up and down.

6. If you are keeping a tool kit, or something else in the trunk all the time, use the plastic portion (not fabric) of the Velcro and stick it to the bottom of object (start with small amount and build up as it works well), it sticks VERY well to the carpet, and will NOT move!

7. If you give the NAVI the command "Display Current Location", not only will it display the address, town, state, altitude, longitude, and latitude, but it actually reads to you the address, town and state. Note, if you just push the white circle, you get the same screen, but no voice.

8. Push the MAX button on the dash to get maximum brightness of the gauges. Press again to return to the previous settings.

9. If the mirror adjustment switch is to the right, then the passenger mirror will flip down when you put the car in reverse. If the mirror adjustment switch is to the left, then the driver mirror will flip down when you put the car in reverse. If the mirror adjustment switch is in the middle, then nothing happens to the mirrors when you put it in reverse. However, if you drive over 5 MPH in reverse, the mirrors returns to the normal position. When you drop back under 5 MPH the mirror tilts down again.

10. To open all the windows including the moonroof, put the key in the driver’s side lock, turn it clockwise once and then do it again and hold. Or from the key FOB, press unlock once and then press it a second time and hold. To close all of the windows/sunroof, put the key in the driver’s side lock and turn counterclockwise once, and then a second time and hold. The windows/moonroof cannot be closed from the key FOB.

11. There is a "cut" on the upper tray's rear corner of the center console. This will allow you to run the charging cable from the power outlet and keep you cell phone on the upper tray as oppose to the lower bin. There is no slot to run the cable all the way out and keep the console cover closed But, I have also found that I can run my cable out of the upper tray by just laying it on the driver's side of the latches. I can get the upper tray to close and latch with the cable sticking out. Not sure if this was intended, but it works for me. I do agree that there is no real place for the cable to run out of the upper tray.

12. There is a recess on the right hand side on the interior of the trunk lid so you can close the trunk without soiling your hands.

13. If you are on a certain screen on the NAV...For example--"Setup" and you press the AUDIO button, you will get the AUDIO stuff. However, by pressing AUDIO again, you return to the previous screen.

14. In the cold the heater doesn't start blowing air until the air warms up. This is when the system is set to Auto and There is a temp displayed (not HI).

15. Cargo Net Tip:
I have the trunk tray and have not wanted to pierce said liner yet... So for now, I am using the larger net assy only. Inside the trunk, there are to 2 mounting knobs on the upper trunk area and 1 on each side of the car that are aligned with the top ones. I installed it in such a manner, that it looks like it splits the forward and back areas of the trunk--hanging in the air like a hammock.

16. The trunk lock button in the glove compartment that will deactivate the interior trunk release button, but will allow the trunk to be opened via key FOB

17. If the moonroof is opened all the way and you want to switch to just the tilt feature, press the tilt button once. The moonroof will close and then tilt up. There is no need to close it all the way and then press the tilt-up button. Essentially the process saves you one step.

18. When wipers are on intermittent, and you stop the car, the speed of the wipers goes down to the lowest setting for intermittent. When you speed up to 10 mph, the setting resets. You will notice this when the intermittent speed is on the highest setting and then pauses when you are stopped.

19. On the NAVI you can choose to "show routes" and it will go through all five methods and display them in different colors. Often, it comes down to 1 or two distinct routes, as the different options don't always produce different answers. Note: whichever choice you make will be your default routing for all later routes until you change this.

20. The center arm rest slides forward and backward for your comfort. The only down side when slid forward is you lose the second cup holder and you will have a harder time opening the compartments.

21. When you get out of your car with the headlights on (not AUTO), hit the lock button on the fob twice and first the car will lock then the lights will go out. Whenever you unlock the vehicle, the headlights will turn on.

22. Press the SCAN button momentarily while a CD is playing and it will play the first 10 sec. of each track. If you press and hold the SCAN button for 10 sec., the player will play the first 10 sec of the first track on each CD.

23. To load multiple CDs at the same time, press and hold the LOAD button, it will beep then the green light comes on allowing you to insert all 6 disks, one after the other. For ejecting the discs, press the EJECT button and hold until you hear the beep and all disks will eject, one after the other. This works without the key in as well.

24. For Bluetooth, if you are on a call, and arrive at your destination, you can shut the car off and continue the conversation in the car. As soon as you are done, just hit the end button on the wheel, and get out. I believe all the voice functions will still work with the car off assuming you are already on the phone, so you could probably transfer it if you wanted.

25. DVD-A disc's may contain sub groups or hidden groups. To change groups you need to push and hold Scan and RPT on your TL's audio Head system.

26. Press and hold RPT while a disc is playing and it will repeat the entire disc.

27. When in Sport Shift mode, you can do a 2nd gear start.

Say you're in Sport Shift (out of habit maybe) and in the Mall Parking Lot. At a full stop, click into 2nd gear. The car will NOT automatically downshift to 1st gear the next time you stop. It will stay in 2nd until you use the SS to either up or down shift. Better than running around the parking lot in 1st and 3000 rpm. Also nice around the neighborhood, dropping the kids at school, etc.

28. When viewing large lists of items on the NAV screen, you can use the Zoom-Out button to page-down the list and the Zoom-In button to page-up the list.

29. On some telephones, pressing the SPEAKER button on the phone will transfer the call to the car's Bluetooth connection. Press SPEAKER again, the call transfers back to the phone. Useful when you dial a contact from the phone, but want to use the hands-free. Using the phone, just dial the number, wait until it starts ringing, then press SPEAKER and the call will transfer.

30. When displaying your map screen, press the compass icon at the top left of the screen. The map reverts to a north-oriented display. Press it again and it toggles back to the default display setting.

-------------

Post 43 and Post 123 have information on messing around with the NAVI diagnostics. Please note that you may cause more harm than good and any changes may void the car warranty.

..and now my eyes and head are going to
The following 2 users liked this post by playa4real:
beege (06-10-2013), johnmpack (09-13-2013)
Old 04-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Cruisin'

took me three months to realize i had that secondary light in the interior portion of the headlight haha. And my girlfriend recently found out there were cup holders in the back armrest during her recent "time out"
Old 04-12-2008, 12:51 AM
Fallen Corpsman

Noticed my Post was deleted...

First I'd like to apologize. (Noticed my post has been deleted) but my post was something I saw on youtube, got in my car to confirm and it worked.

So for those who saw it, it was just a form of Adult humor I guess... Based on the posts I've seen before, I didn't think mine would be deleted.

To those who read it and tested it's validity, I'm sure you have found some humor in this adult easter egg.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Aditya Gollapudi

Originally Posted by playa4real
11. There is a "cut" on the upper tray's rear corner of the center console. This will allow you to run the charging cable from the power outlet and keep you cell phone on the upper tray as oppose to the lower bin. There is no slot to run the cable all the way out and keep the console cover closed But, I have also found that I can run my cable out of the upper tray by just laying it on the driver's side of the latches. I can get the upper tray to close and latch with the cable sticking out. Not sure if this was intended, but it works for me. I do agree that there is no real place for the cable to run out of the upper tray.
Hey all, I am a newbie here. Been on the forum for a day (had the car for 1 week now) and I have to say this is the best post ever. Lots of hidden features... But regarding the note above, I found a notch in the front left corner of the upper tray in the center console. You will find it kinda hidden and have to look for it. (Thanks to my friend who found it while I was driving). You can run your cable out of the center console through the notch with the lid closed. I can post pictures later on today. Thanks everyone. Adit.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:51 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
I just found a new feature completely by accident.

I was standing outside my car and popped the trunk with the remote, but was doing something and after a minute or so, the partially cracked trunk shut and locked itself again!

I was thinking about getting a more powerful spring that pops it open completely, but no longer. I'm sure this is to prevent accidentally unlocking the trunk, or unlocking it and forgetting to open it.

Might not work for those with upgraded trunk springs.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts
This may have already been posted but it's not on the list... On the '08, when you turn the key to start the car, release the key as soon as you hear the starter engage and the car will continue to start.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by leedogg

I was standing outside my car and popped the trunk with the remote, but was doing something and after a minute or so, the partially cracked trunk shut and locked itself again!

I was thinking about getting a more powerful spring that pops it open completely, but no longer. I'm sure this is to prevent accidentally unlocking the trunk, or unlocking it and forgetting to open it.

That is cool if it works like that! I am going to give it a try tomorrow. Guess we now know why the trunk doesn't pop up and actually open the door.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Advanced

Very who-gives-a-darn, I'm sure, but anyone know what those little webbed wrapper things are that are in the cup holders in the front? I just keep squishing them down under my bottles and cans.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:41 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
I got a new one while testing my stereo:

When you use the balance controls on the audio system and slide from center to left or right, once you have reached extreme right or left channel the center speaker cuts totally off a the last increment to give you a true separation of extreme left or right. This is a cool feature to help isolate a speaker during testing. Also not only does the main screen show the fader adjustments, the upper center dash display will display increments of the fader adjustments as well.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:25 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Here's a neat little feature to use when on a vacation or road trip.

Say you've arrived at your destination where you're going to be spending some time and you would like to hear what some of the local stations are playing. Just press the "A.SEL/RDM" button and your radio will store up to the 12 strongest FM stations and 6 of the strongest AM stations in your presets. Once you arrive back home, press the same button again to get your "normal" settings back.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Back w/ WDP RDX

Originally Posted by muranojo
Very who-gives-a-darn, I'm sure, but anyone know what those little webbed wrapper things are that are in the cup holders in the front? I just keep squishing them down under my bottles and cans.
u serious? if you're talking about the rubber in the cup holders then it's for accommodating different size cups. without that, smaller cups would shift around in the cup holders while driving.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by denny crane
what is the purpose of the tilt up feature on the sunroof. It doesn't vent heat. I can't feel air come in. I guess when I park in the sun I can leave it open to let heat escape.
If it's winter and cold outside and you rip a bad fart, tilting the sunroof and putting the climate control on defrost is a good way to blow the smell out of the car.

Also, when the car still has the new-car smell, tilting the sunroof seems to be one way to use the roof while not destroying the new-car smell the way sliding it all the way open would.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Instructor

^ I love new car smell though
Old 05-15-2008, 11:10 AM

I would add something regarding the windscreen wipers:

Originally Posted by playa4real

18. When wipers are on intermittent, and you stop the car, the speed of the wipers goes down to the lowest setting for intermittent. When you speed up to 10 mph, the setting resets. You will notice this when the intermittent speed is on the highest setting and then pauses when you are stopped.

The point I would add is that when the wipers are on intermittent and you stop the car, the wipers will always automatically perform a wipe whenever you take your foot off the brake, regardless of the amount of time left in the intermittent cycle before the next wipe, because the idea is that you should have the windscreen clear when you start to move regardless of the intermittent speed you're using.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by umaya87
^ I love new car smell though
That was my point—I loved the new-car smell too and therefore I didn't use the sunroof on slide for at least two years after I bought the TL. Maintained the new-car smell the whole time, too. The point I was suggesting is that if you tilt it open, you won't lose the new-car smell too quickly, whereas if you slide it open it won't last all that long at all.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:54 AM
"Advance"

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
OK GUYS! Here's a small features that I found 1 year after I got the TL. I did read the manual when I first got the car, but this was hard to find in the book.

This feature applies on every single TL 04 - 08...so here it is:

Did you guys ever wonder where to place your sun glasses ???

HEY GUESS WHAT I FOUND THE PERFECT SPOT!!! LOL I was going through my manual last day and I was reading one of the pictures that shows all the small things in the interior. I saw sun glasses older??? WTF....it was pointing at the door compartment!!

If you fully open your door compartment you'll find a small removable piece of plastic in it. THIS IS ACTUALLY A SUN GLASSES OLDER!!! We got 2 !one in each front doors!!

ISNT IT amazing, you simply slide your glasses in with the glasses facing the outside of the car and then close the compartment .....SIMPLE AS THAT!!! Try it you'll be amazed if you didnt realize yet!

VmtSquad
Old 05-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
^ exciting news but a repost. I actually hate that thing as it is very uncomfortable and can easily scratch your expensive sunglasses.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by TeknoKing
^ exciting news but a repost. I actually hate that thing as it is very uncomfortable and can easily scratch your expensive sunglasses.
I have a pair of Prada sunglasses whose case fits into that thing, so I can put them in the case and then put them down there. Works great. If your case doesn't fit, you might see what other cases are out there.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:43 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
Yeah I agree the sunglass holder is worth it only if you have a case. I wouldn't put an expensive pair of shades naked down there. I'm lazy to use a case so I use a clip that goes on the visor. It's safe, out of the way and won't get crushed or scratched and is easily accessible. Low-tech but works for me!
Old 05-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by leedogg

Um, nope
Old 05-15-2008, 09:34 PM
J35A8

with the backup camera when you get too close to the object behind you, the image will become dimmer.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:40 PM
Lazy Idiot

Wink A New One

Look!!!
Very important, in the Key Fob for TL. Press Unlock once and Press and hold it a second time, the windows and the sunroof RETRACT .Be careful to use it accurately though, they will not close back up again unless you go into the cat and put the key in the ignition.

Hope this helps

Quick Reply: Have you found any New Features?? (Summary in Post #1) 3G Garage #L-001